Start by marking “To Wake The Dead (The Dead Dreamer Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
To Wake The Dead (The Dead Dreamer Series Book 2)

Read Book* *Different edition

To Wake The Dead

(Dead Dreamer #2)

2020 IAN Book of the Year Awards: Outstanding "Paranormal/Supernatural" Category Finalist

Brenna Whit teeters the line between the living and the dead. Now that she's back for her sophomore year at Nephesburg College, she's determined to focus on the waking world. But when her own soul is trying to kill her and a new Dead Dreamer is fighting for power, Brenna is dragged bac

Kindle Edition
Published December 2019 by The Parliament House

To ask other readers questions about To Wake The Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Wake The Dead

Start your review of To Wake The Dead (The Dead Dreamer Series Book 2)
Candace Robinson
An excellent sequel! If you loved book one, then book two is just as good, if not better! Brenna is still her awesome and blunt self, and Damon is still my boy!

What I like about this series is it involves college life and these characters feel like real ones. They don’t have their life together yet and are still trying to figure it all out while having to deal with a bit of the paranormal! And I absolutely heart all the paranormal things.

The writing and dialogue was great, and the world buildin
Sheila Goicea
Read this full review on my blog along with others at: Foals, Fiction & Filigree.

1) To Dream Is To Die: ★★★★

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher, The Parliament House, in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! In no way does this affect my rating or review.

description

All included quotes have been taken from an ARC and may not match the finished publication.

Content Warning: Discussion of Death, Murder, Injury, Underaged Drinking, Self-Harm
The demons were always peaceful creatures. Sure,
Dianne
As much as she wanted to be “normal,” Brenna isn’t. She once died and her soul has now become a separate entity within her, fighting for control, for her own peace, even if it mean killing Brenna one final time. A new battle looms between the living and the dead, and power is the prize and a choice must be made, expose herself to fight for what is right or hold her secret and risk all she holds dear in the living world.

Sarah Lampkin’s TO WAKE THE DEAD is just as mesmerizing as the previous book
Gerardo Delgadillo
TO WAKE THE DEAD, book 2 in the Dead Dreamer series, continues with Brenna trying to solve the mystery surrounding the forest near her college. Something very strange about those trees … spirits, demons? With the help of her friends, she uncovers secrets while discovering more about herself. There are cuts, tattoos, and other things that really make this novel creepy.

I love Brenna because: She died. Came back. Now, she is a Dead Dreamer. And in book 2, she’s more powerful, and there’s more dange
David Hannan
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying the series so far

I started reading this series on a whim. So far I have really enjoyed getting to know the characters in the the series.
Jamie Hunt
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woah! This book was a rush. I couldn’t put it down. The last book in the series took a while to get going, but this one hits the ground running. I love how the premise continues to unfurl and blossom in this book. I’m so hooked and simply cannot wait to see what happens next for Brenna and her crew.
Tricia Varosky
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Donna
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
THIS BOOK IS SO AWESOME!!!! I FEEL LIKE I WANT TO SCREAM TO EVERYBODY “READ THIS SERIES!!”

I really loved book one in the Dead Dreamer series, but book two is FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!! It flows perfectly from book one to book two. Except things have become much more complicated. Brenna has a lot more to deal with, and we see what a strong girl she really is!! There’s some freakin creepy stuff going on and it gets weirder & weirder. This is releasing in October, which is awesome because it’s a great bo
Larry
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book 2 of the Dead Dreamers series was excellent. I’m sad the series isn’t finished, because by the time the next book is released, I won’t remember book 1 & 2. Usually, I don’t read series that aren’t finished, but this one caught my attention. And, it was certainly worth it. I like Brenna better in book 2. I find her rude & unfriendly. But, I’m getting used to her attitude, I guess. And she’s basically a good, brave person, acting with altruism. I like that. The story is captivating. The ...more
Jonas Lee
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
It took a while to get through this second installment. It felt a lot like a continuation from the first as opposed to starting something new in terms of plot progression. But the power of being able to fall asleep and wake up outside your body is still intriguing. The characters always seem to operate on a razor thin line of emotional outbursts. It will be interesting to see what comes of future works.
Kaili (Entertainingly Nerdy)
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So far I've actually really enjoyed this series. I love the main characters snarky attitude and how she has a quick response for everything. I can see myself quickly becoming friends with her. I love the story line and I'm excited to read the next in the series.
P.S. Malcolm
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Of course, after reading the first book, I had to read this one immediately.

Somehow, this book was even better? The writing style had improved noticeably and the characters were even more fun to read about. I cannot wait to get my hands on the third book as there are still so many questions I need answers to!
Energy
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In book 2 of the Dead Dreamer series, Brenna is learning to better control her abilities. The Gatekeepers are getting more serious, and they've recruited the ghost hunting job in their quest to seal off all the portals. They're now using the newly turned Dead Dreamer Ashley as their means to close the portals. But it's clearly taking a toll on her as she's looking worse for the wear. Even though Brenna can't stand her, it doesn't mean that she shouldn't try to help her if she can.

Brenna is great
Emma Katherine
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read my full review here (much more in blog post): https://lifesanovelty.blogspot.com/20...

Opinions: Lampkin didn't skip a beat: all of the tension, atmosphere, and action flowed straight from To Dream is to Die into To Wake the Dead. As I was reading these books almost back to back, I was impressed with the hook and immediately engaged with the text. The recap of the traumatic incidents from the first book was helpful but also lead me to question what Brenna's point was. Why did this all matter
Patti Hinko
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
About in One Sentence: Brenna continues to be able to walk among the dead instead of sleeping and now has to try and protect the spirits from those that want to destroy them and the Fade.
Pros: Brenna is realistic, sarcastic, and smart. She is determined to do her own thing. Whenever college life is described, it feels normal and natural and had me picturing my undergrad life at Duquesne even though Nephesburg's inspiration isn't a city university. The story is intriguing and much better at pacin
Ellen
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My honest opinion is that it is rare, if not downright impossible, for me to enjoy a sequel more than the first book. This astounding author took me on another year of Brenna's ups and downs trying to save us mortals from the destruction of Earth as we know it. Brenna is a Dead Dreamer, someone who died but came back and now when she sleeps, her spirit joins the astral plane which she dubs The Fade. Sophomore year is almost more exciting than the first, tangling with a cult set on destroying "de ...more
Emilė
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, 3-star-books
I was really intrigued the whole time while I was reading, just like with the first book. However I feel like during this one while a few more important things happened, the plot didn't progress much overall. I feel like now that we're halfway through with the series, the plot/characters/world/magic system/etc should have been developed more than they have. Am I still very excited for the next books? You bet I am! The concept is great and I NEED ANSWERS😃
Richard McGaha
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Description

In this book Brenna finds out the cult is world wide an has even bigger enimies. A fantasy book with comedy, drama, and action
Kim Lo
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review: https://klling.wordpress.com/2020/05/...

To Wake The Dead is the second book in The Dead Dreamer Series. The story picks up a few months after the events of the first book as university resumes again for Brenna. As a sequel, the story itself fully utilizes the foundation of the first one and builds from those events. However, its more of a second level deal. In the first book, it showed more of the general world of how the alternate plane, Fade would work and the different roles of Dead D
Amber Hodges
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man this book! I had so much going on in life while reading this one, but i still found myself thinking about it while i was forced to do other things. I was sucked in from the beginning, and even though i would say this book is slower than book 1, there is still so much packed into it that the suspense chokes you as you read. The author has mastered being able to give you some answers while also making you have so many more questions that you are dying to know the answers to. This is such a uni ...more
William Berenbroick
Nov 20, 2019
Wayne T. Butler
Apr 14, 2020
Sarah Lampkin
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Chasisty Willhite
Jackie Turner
May 31, 2019
Yvette Goodman
Oct 30, 2019

• Shadowed By Despair (Laith, #3)
  • Lullaby of Flames (Campfire Fantasy Tales, #1)
  • Lyrics & Curses (Cursed Hearts, #1)
  • How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse (The Thorne Chronicles, #1)
  • Handsome
  • How the Multiverse Got Its Revenge (The Thorne Chronicles, #2)
  • Black Sun (Between Earth and Sky, #1)
  • The Book Hog
  • Purrmaids #1: The Scaredy Cat
  • Purrmaids #2: The Catfish Club
  • The Grace Year
  • Marrow Charm (The Gate Cycle, #1)
  • Masks
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • Crush (Crave #2)
  • The Call of Death
  • Fire in Frost (Crystal Frost, #1)
  • Dearest Clementine: Dark and Romantic Monstrous Tales (Letters, #1)
A native of Southern Virginia, best selling author Sarah Lampkin is a 2015 graduate from Lynchburg College [University of Lynchburg] with a master’s degree in English. Since graduation, Sarah now lives in Northern Virginia working in the IT field. When she isn’t working, Sarah continues her Celtic mythology research and Gaelic studies, while working on the Dead Dreamer series.

Her work mainly focus

Dead Dreamer (3 books)
  • To Dream Is To Die (The Dead Dreamer, #1)
  • To Reap the Spirit (Dead Dreamer #3)

News & Interviews