Start by marking “All the Dead Stars (The Pattern Codex, #1)” as Want to Read:
All the Dead Stars (The Pattern Codex, #1)

All the Dead Stars

(The Pattern Codex #1)

In the occupied province of De'Zhun, Ae-Tor, once a member of the sorcerous Tapestry, has betrayed his brethren to save his own life. Seeking redemption, he sets forth on a dangerous mission to recover an alien weapon which could overthrow the invaders.

The thief, Mischa the Sullen, is in trouble. Having stolen a mysterious artifact, she finds herself trapped within a ruin
Expected publication: March 16th 2020 by Ouroboros Print

To ask other readers questions about All the Dead Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Dead Stars

Start your review of All the Dead Stars (The Pattern Codex, #1)
Steven
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's time for the first book review of 2020. All The Dead Stars is a fantasy with sci-fi elements. It comes from cyberpunk author A.K. Alliss, writer of the futuristic Ouroboros Cycle series of books. This marks his first forray into fantasy. We follow a cast of diverse characters including Ae-Tor and P'Sult, thief Mischa, the curious Echo and an equally intriguing supporting cast.

With the nefarious Perditionist Republic pushing to expand their borders across the land our four protagonists
Lisa Ikin
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an advance copy of this book prior to publishing and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this cyberpunk/sci-fi adventure. It has everything that a good dystopian tale should have: genetically engineered assassins, Artificial intelligence, spies, sorcerers, warriors, freedom fighters and evil leaders who seek world domination.

The story is well-paced and keeps the reader on their toes. AK Alliss has created a world like no other. The order of the Tapestry is headed by “Needles” of which
Kathryn Laing
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A long epic story of Ae-Tor, Mischa, and P’Sult in a strange land, all driven in different ways to complete a journey to save Echo. A tale of full of conspiracy and challenge.
A.K. Alliss
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Of course I'm going to say my own book is great.

If you're wondering what you'd get if you crossed an episode of the X-Files with a Grimdark novel, this is it.

For fans of gritty, snarky fantasy with a twist...
Abi Rowe
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Overall, I enjoyed the work. It's a sci-fi, fantasy, cyber punk(?) story.
My main complaint is that the background and setting of the story wasn't explained or filled out in the beginning, it just jumped between fantasy and sci-fi and lots of new strange terms with no explanation. This made the first quarter or third of the book hard to follow.
That being said, the characters were solid and well-written, and once I got some of the basic parameters of the world figured out the story flowed well and
Sarah Coleman
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I didn't want to put this book down. There were moments I felt it dragged, but it was very entertaining when it didn't and the characters all had their own backstory with a good bit of character development. I am leaving four stars for the dragging and the few editing mistakes I saw. All in all, this was well-written with a fascinating story.

Shelley Nolan
Jan 30, 2020
Kendra
Feb 08, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: Can I please claim this book 3 22 Dec 19, 2019 05:41AM

• Songs of Insurrection (The Dragon Songs Saga #1)
  • The Verity: Part One
  • Keepers of Secrets
  • Blood Beneath Stone
  • The Road to Witches (An Alice LeBlanc Mystery #1)
  • The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Book 1: Coming Home
  • Queens of Wings & Storms
  • Twisting Minds
  • Keeping Calm and Carrying On
  • The Shimmering
  • First Earth: Book One in the Arch Mage Series
  • Wormwood (Wormwood #1)
  • The Earthling's Brother
  • A Marriage of Necessity (The Marriage Maker #8; Rules of Refinement #4)
  • BLOOD OF LILITH (LILITUS SERIES Book 1)
  • KISS OF LILITH (LILITUS SERIES Book 2)
  • Clock's Watch (Clock's Watch, #1)
  • Reign & Ruin (Mages of the Wheel, #1)
AK Alliss writes. Anytime. Anywhere. He’s writing. Scifi sagas, domestic thrillers, even slice-of-life coming of age stories. All from the heart. All breaking barriers from the mainstream genre tropes.

He lives with his wife, children and his dog, Bratwurst.

He has written the semi-autobiographical memoir A False History and the psychological domestic thriller, Kill Your Darlings

He is also the