Start by marking “A Touch of Magic” as Want to Read:
A Touch of Magic

A Touch of Magic

Let us put a spell on you.

7 Authors. 10 Stories. Crafted with potions, curses, and fairy dust, each one of them is infused with just a touch of magic.

In this Anthology, Snowy Wings Publishing opens doors into worlds of the fantastical—stories of those finding their true calling, those who live with curses, those who right the wrongs, and those who risk everything to save
Paperback
Published July 30th 2019 by Snowy Wings Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Touch of Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Touch of Magic

Start your review of A Touch of Magic
OldBird
Sep 15, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice little collection of magical short stories. Some didn't resonate with me, having a sort of contemporary YA vibe that's not so much my thing but I didn't see anything badly written about them.

My top three were:

The ghostly "The Weight of Time" by Janina Franck sucked me in right away and I loved the narration. What happens when girl meets boy, but the girl is... well, rather long deceased? Very much a short story Casper the Friendly Ghost, only with more emotional pull than comic relief. It
Lady Galaxy
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good collection of stories. There was only one (about a coffee shop) that I would classify as definite YA. The rest were equally interesting to older readers. As with all anthologies, there were a few I skipped due to lack of interest, but overall I was well pleased with the selections.
Katie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall a wonderful, enjoyable read. Sometimes I struggle with anthologies because the stories can be hit or miss but this book was consistently good. It was a page turning read which I couldn't put down as soon as I started.

'The Weight of Time' by Janina Franck
This was my favorite story of the entire anthology. It was beautifully written and poignant. You can feel the longing in each page and the connection between the two main characters is so realistic. The story enraptures you from the very
Katriann
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you for the publisher fot sending me this anthology of magical short stories in exchange for an honest review.

A Touch of Magic is a delightful collection of short stories about magic in all its different forms. I must admit I had my doubts about it as I'm usually not a big fan of anthologies, but I must also say that I ended up being pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed this collection of stories. The stories are super quick to read and they cover a variety of topics I didn't expect
Carolina
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received a free ARC from the publisher in exchange for review consideration.

One of the best things about an anthology is variety. Different stories in different styles by different styles. A Touch of Magic delivers just that: all the stories focus on magic, but in different and original ways.
I enjoyed most of the stories, and I found new authors whose work I want to read again. Some of my favorites were “Witch” (focused the witch from The Little Mermaid), “The Cursed Tower” (Rapunzel and vampi
Eimear
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free ecopy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Star rating is an average of all 10 stories. (3.75/5)

Overall I really enjoyed this collection of short stories. Each one takes an interesting look at the theme of magic, especially as it relates to everyday life. I naturally preferred some stories to others (the Witch is a definite favourite), but each story had definite elements I enjoy. There are love stories - romantic, familial and of friendship, fairytales, a ghost story,
Tina Merritt
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read the cost of magic in this set so far... it was a short story that allowed me to read really quickly but the cost really threw me off and not one I saw coming so that alone got it 4 stars! Now I am intrigued what other gems are in this set!!
Kalli Bunch
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I opened this one up just intending to skim through the stories but from the first sentence, I was hooked. I kept reading and before I knew it I was halfway through the collection. Each story is unique and intriguing. I love collections of stories and it helps me find new authors to check out!
Denise Campbell
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great anthology. This contains 10 short stories that will peak your interest. The only short coming I see is that there is no stories they are connected to once you are hooked.
Dianna Gunn
Aug 04, 2019
Lira
Oct 15, 2021
Janina
Jun 28, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written

• Poems of Resistance Poems of Hope
  • Hooked on You
  • Robots vs. Fairies
  • Playing the Palace
  • A Psalm for the Wild-Built (Monk & Robot, #1)
  • Cattle Stop (Cattle Stop, #1)
  • Served Hot (Portland Heat, #1)
  • Baked Fresh (Portland Heat, #2)
  • Wild Tongues Can't Be Tamed: 15 Voices from the Latinx Diaspora
  • The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms
  • The Dragon's Promise (Six Crimson Cranes, #2)
  • Crownchasers (Crownchasers, #1)
  • The Ballerinas
Growing up in the Black Forest in Germany as a hopeless dreamer with an overactive imagination, Janina Franck began writing at a young age to give a voice to the stories living inside her head.

As a teenager, she moved to the emerald isle of legends and myths, Ireland, where she completed her basic education, and went on to study Modern Languages and Multimedia.

While her surroundings changed, her