Start by marking “When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)” as Want to Read:
When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)

When the Saint Falls

(Westbrook #1)

Thatcher Michaelson is a bully.
Arrogant. Cruel. Ruthless.
And the most attractive guy I’ve ever laid eyes on.
He’s the rebel of Westbrook high, and I’m merely the annoying goody two-shoes he dubbed the saint.

There must be something wrong with me. After nearly two years of dirty looks and constant humiliation, I’m still crushing on the guy who hated me on sight.

Then he
Kindle Edition
Published January 16th 2020

To ask other readers questions about When the Saint Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When the Saint Falls

Start your review of When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)
K. Moore
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a beta read and oh my gosh ... you know when you pick up a book to read and then smash it in a few hours? This story was great, and Amber should have sent it to me as an ARC. LOL, although I probably wouldn't have taken it as an ARC because I don't have a lot of free time for reading and my preferences normally lie in the thriller genre. I also generally suck with written reviews - as you can see.

I'm now hooked and want the rest of the books in the series :)

And this was just a beta
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
description
This was a pretty good introduction to this new to me author.

When the Saint Falls is a Bully/Enemies to Lovers romance set in high school. While that's not my favorite setting, since I prefer my romance to have everyone eighteen or older, it was pretty well done.

I liked the steady pace of the story and how there wasn't really ever a dull moment. I liked that the back and forth between the two main characters and their romance wasn't overdone. And I absolutely loved the best friends. I'm so
Elzbieta Zarow
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Normally I don’t read books with teenagers as I already feel too old for them. But when I found an ARC in my mailbox (which I forgot I signed for) I couldn’t leave it like that. I stared right away and read almost whole book at once. I didn’t know I needed this book! It’s fresh and romantic and reminds me of my teenage years (I’ve read it on my 21st birthday so it was like a birthday gift for me ).

I’m really surprised how mature these characters were!! I don’t think that younger people are as
Crystal Blanton
Shelves: favorites
I devoured When The Saint Falls. The push and pull between Rebel and Saint and the electrical charged that was created whenever they were together kept me begging for more. This is different from what the author has written before but oh so good in all the best ways. I love a great enemies to lovers storyline and she knocked this one out of the park. And then the side characters are to die for! I'm so excited they will be getting their own books as well.
One-click this one right now.
Kimberly Garner
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book that I really enjoyed. I really thought the characters had depth, lord knows they had secrets. The author has great world building, and amazing characters. I was hooked for the get go. I read this book rather quickly, and it is not a short book, I just couldn't put it down. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoyed angst ridden mature YA books.
Emma (Emlovesreading)
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
First time read from this author and I have to say I enjoyed it. My go to when it comes to books is bully romances. I love them. So this tells the story of Thatcher & Violet. Thatcher isn’t your typical rich, popular bully. No he’s more complicated than that. He’s been through stuff that hard made him the way he his. And poor Violet is on the end of his wrath simply because he wants her but doesn’t want to give in to it.
Violet is sweet and doesn’t realise that Thatcher bullying her because
Have Coffee Need Books
Oh Lord in Heaven. This book has me in love with every one of the characters except for the hero -- and it’s not like he sucks. Truth is Thatch is just not as impressive as the others. And boo-hoo for him. I guess that might be a backhanded compliment to A.D. McCammon. I love all her Westbrook peeps, but the hero is Laa-aime.

“We’re told as little girls when a boy is mean to you, it means he likes you, but that’s total bullshit. There must be another explanation. Here’s to hoping it’s not one
Sandie Book Boyfriend Reviews
4.5

This is the last book I read in 2019 and it was the best way to bring it to a close.
I have read all of A.D. McCammon's books and while this is definitely different than the others I have to say, it is truly bringing out her writing in the best way possible. I have seen her level of writing grow with each book, but this book has surpassed anything I could have expected from her. In her other books, she tended to shy away from the sexy times, which is fine but man oh man in this book she did
Courtney
I Received this ARC from Author for Honest Review.
I Give this Book a 4.5/5 Star Rating, Listing as 5.

No Major Spoilers.

HEA(?): Yes! Though I do wish there was a future epilogue rather than a ‘present’ one.
That was the only thing was a bit of a let down.
Drama: 4/5
Heat: 3.5-4ish/5
Romance: 4/5
Suspense: 3.5-4/5
Bully: 3.5/5, it did come to an odd halt, that kinda left me a bit ehh... when he rescinded his protect over her and I was expecting the repercussions to be a bit severe but it was rather
Serena Weigand
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let's start with I won an ARC of When the Saint Falls on a fan page. This was the first book I read by A.D. McCammon and let me tell you I was hooked right from the Preface. Saint and Rebel that's what the main characters Thatcher and Violet call each other. Violet is considered a goody two shoes and from the moment Thatcher sees her he wants her but doesn't believe he's good enough for her so he does everything in his power to keep her away by bullying her. Violet even though Thatcher is a ...more
Clare Harrison
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From the moment the rebel met the saint he knew she was different. There was a reality about her that few others displayed.

He crashed into her life literally and then made it hell, but still she saw more in him than his behaviour towards her.

True colours will always be revealed sooner or later, the question is what will happen then...?

Wowsers what a read!

A bully with a twist, and an innocent with a hidden strength. I loved that this was different to other reads of this genre.

The cat and mouse
Sally Mieske
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Im really loving this high school bully romance genre. That is what lead me to this author and she didn’t disappoint. This is her first time writing a bully romance and she knocked it out of the park. I read this book in a day, I couldn’t put down. I had to know if Thatcher was going to get his girl. I love Violet and Thatcher. Thatcher was attracted to her on her first day in his school. He doesn’t believe he is worthy of her, so the bullying begins. Violet is Thatchers complete opposite. She ...more
Stephanie
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
While I love a push and pull romance, there was something off about this one. Thatcher didn't really bully her either, I didn't get where his power "king of school" thing came from. Also the author kind of skipped over all the 'bad' things he did. I was getting really tired of him telling her "I'm obsessed with you, yet I won't pursue anything with you because I don't deserve you". Also both his best friends just fell in love with her and automatically became her best friends and then they sort ...more
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How can such an obvious dick and asshole hold my heart? I wanted to hate Thatcher, gah did I want to hate him. He didn't make it hard. But Thatcher is so much more than what he projects to people. He's vulnerable as well as badass. He's soft as well as tough. He's a huge mix of opposite emotions that you can't help but fall for him. And Violet? She's the absolute thing he needs. She has such a huge heart. For her to still forgive and want Thatcher after everything he did proves that.

When The
E&A Book
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best bully romance this year. I could not put this book down. Thatcher was completely swoon-worthy & broke my heart thinking his past was to dirty for his love interest Violet. He made her life miserable from the day he met her, just to keep her away. Violet is the sweet new girl, who can not figure out why Thatcher hates her so much. With one kiss the whole dynamic between the two of them changes. It was fascinating watching them push and pull at each other while falling in love. Their love ...more
Angela Hillier
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
I really liked these set of character’s.The story grabbed me from the beginning and I found myself making time to sit and read to get to know what happens next. You get little tidbits of what’s to come in the next two books which I’m definitely going to read.
The sex scenes where hot and sweet. The angst and teenage pain was real and I’m looking forward to see what happens next.

It’s my first book from this author and I was lucky enough to get an early copy for my honest opinion.
CK
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Incredible book! It’s a romance that’s full of intricacies and depth. Just when you thought you knew the characters well- violet and thatcher - you don’t. Such depth that’s not typical of a ya romance. Loved it and can’t wait to read more in the series!
K
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was hesitant when I read the synopsis of A.D. McCammon's next release. The premise is quite different from what she has previously published.

But I took a chance, I dived in headfirst, and I wasn't disappointed.

McCammon's classic raw emotion, combined with a new sexy side, will leave readers breathless. I know I was.

Looking forward to book 2!
Stela
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's a sweet and refreshing story that made me remember my teen. It was a pleasure reading it and I'm glad I discovered it.
E.K.
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Amber's writing, and am so happy she tried her hand at YA Contemporary Romance. There's nothing that gets me more excited than a good high school bad boy romance.

I loved Amber's previous works and this was no different. There was excitement, there was butterflies, there was a sweet and just as equally dangerous feeling romance, and there was a little mystery.

Saint and Rebel burned through the pages. I couldn't put this book down and finished it in a day and half, little people demanded
Coleen Devlin Leszczynski
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good. I read it in 2 days. I was unable to put it down. Thatcher and violet have a love hate relationship that is relatable to anyone who has been in a high school relationship. I fell in love with both of them right from the start. I can’t wait to read more from this author!!
Katja
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first book from A.D. McCammon but it won't be the last. I really liked this book and characters were interesting. I liked Thatcher and Violet together. They were so good for each other. Of course not everything about Thatcher were good but he had his reasons. I like how his friends Cole and Arwen became friends with Violet and I can't wait to get their own stories. I'm curious about them.

*ARC for honest review*
Spunky N Sassy
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's Review~~~~~~~~~~

Awesome Book

A.D. is one of my favorite authors. This book was absolutely worth the read. I can’t wait for the next book.
P
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read!

I really liked this book. I loved that Thatcher was not the typical hero or anti-hero, he was in a class of his own. I love the friendship between he, Arwen, and Cole. I found it refreshing that one there was a girl in the group, who wasn’t catty, and wasn’t interested in either of them. I loved how much they embraced Violet and were ready to be her family as well. I loved that there was no ow/om drama. Technically she did go on a date but it wasn’t a big deal. I loved that he hadn’t
~Misty~
Thatcher and Violet

Thatcher has a past. One he detests. One that makes him fell unworthy, but at the same time is the reason he is who he is. Everyone wants to be him or wants to be with him

" In high school, you're either the hunter or the prey. It's all about survival. The bottom of the chain is brutal."

Violet has always been on to not care about what anyone says. She mainly stays to herself. Always polite. The good girl, never breaking rules and striving hard to make good grades.

"You're
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can't get over how much bully stories are so addictive, especially since I'm not normally down with the High School crowd in my books. When the Saint Falls is the dark(ish), bully/enemies to lovers type of story which gets my intense emotions out to play havoc. I don't care how much rage I come into, if any author can bring it out, I'm giving them a great rating because that's talent to me. This story was fast paced, intense, and never slowed down, so I didn't put it down even once. Like it ...more
Shane
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is going to be fairly short because I'm not sure how to write my review without giving too much away. So, here goes:

I liked the story. It's high school, at times silly, but overall an enjoyable read.
I was pulled into the story instantly and wanted to see how it would play out. It certainly felt like a game between the two, one of burning lust and longing. And the main characters have their moments where I either love them or want to snap at them.

Thatcher and his friends pretty much ran the
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 2 / 5
How explicit is the sex scenes 2 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

When Saint Falls is the first book in the Westbrook three series written by author A.D. McCammon. This bully romance takes place in high school, and it tells the story of Thatcher Michaelson and Violet St. James. This gripping story quickly grabbed my attention, and it became almost impossible to put down!

In this story, Thatcher is a sophomore, and he’s the most popular guy at school. While heading to class, he
Shayla
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have received this book as an ARC. This is the first book I have read from this author, but I definitely won't be the last! This booked had me hooked from the first chapter. I could not put the book down and finished it in a day and a half. The book is set around high schoolers, and has some bullying in it, nothing to extreme. This author has such a way of writing that I felt like I was literally in the book feeling the same way the characters were. Violet, the main female lead, she was so ...more
Shia
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I’ll come for you and you’ll regret it.”

A heartbreaking story of a bully falling for the wallflower. What sweetness surrounds your first love!!! My heart tore open so many times as it became overflowing with emotions of these two lovers. I have no words that could ever justify the masterpiece such as this and am extremely ecstatic that we get to return to see Arwen and Cole’s love stories.

Saint and Rebel could not be more perfect nicknames for this couple - a compilation of all my favorite

• Wicked Saint (Sinners and Saints, #1)
  • Treacherous
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Brutal Prince
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Wicked Dreams (Fallen Royals, #1)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • The New Girl: A Pacific High School Bully Romance (Pacific High Series Book 1)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Code of Silence
  • Dear Ava
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Bully Me (Willow Heights Prep Academy: The Elite Book 1)
  • Close to Me
  • Beg for Mercy (Mercy Academy #1)
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, avid reader and writer.

Westbrook (3 books)
  • The Bad Girl (Westbrook, #2)
  • The Princess and the Jester (Westbrook, #3)