Start by marking “When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)” as Want to Read:
When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)

When the Saint Falls

(Westbrook #1)

Thatcher Michaelson is a bully.
Arrogant. Cruel. Ruthless.
And the most attractive guy I’ve ever laid eyes on.
He’s the rebel of Westbrook high, and I’m merely the annoying goody two-shoes he dubbed the saint.

There must be something wrong with me. After nearly two years of dirty looks and constant humiliation, I’m still crushing on the guy who hated me on sight.

Then he k
Published January 16th 2020

Start your review of When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)
K. Moore
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a beta read and oh my gosh ... you know when you pick up a book to read and then smash it in a few hours? This story was great, and Amber should have sent it to me as an ARC. LOL, although I probably wouldn't have taken it as an ARC because I don't have a lot of free time for reading and my preferences normally lie in the thriller genre. I also generally suck with written reviews - as you can see.

I'm now hooked and want the rest of the books in the series :)

And this was just a beta rea
✨ Lucy ✨
Jun 21, 2020 rated it liked it
It's the first time I read something about this author , and I have to say it was good.
A classic bully romance kind of book set in high school with a lot of angst and neglected feelings .
Thatcher ,since the first time he saw saint, knew she was something else. Good , kind , prude, she had the power to destroy him, to make him feel something , to make him whole .
A kiss was all it took to him to realize that she was already under his skin .
At the beginning it didn't really catch my attention , but
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
description
This was a pretty good introduction to this new to me author.

When the Saint Falls is a Bully/Enemies to Lovers romance set in high school. While that's not my favorite setting, since I prefer my romance to have everyone eighteen or older, it was pretty well done.

I liked the steady pace of the story and how there wasn't really ever a dull moment. I liked that the back and forth between the two main characters and their romance wasn't overdone. And I absolutely loved the best friends. I'm so hap
Kayla Brunson
I was so excited to read this one. However, I ended up disappointed in the story and super annoyed with the heroine.

This started off so good! The right amount of angst and chemistry going on. Then we got to know the characters and I was soon over this story. Thatcher’s hot and cold actions were annoying, but besides that, he was just average.

My main issues reside with Violet. What was so special about her for everyone to fawn over her? She was immature and constantly making annoying decisions.
Elzbieta Zarow
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Normally I don’t read books with teenagers as I already feel too old for them. But when I found an ARC in my mailbox (which I forgot I signed for) I couldn’t leave it like that. I stared right away and read almost whole book at once. I didn’t know I needed this book! It’s fresh and romantic and reminds me of my teenage years (I’ve read it on my 21st birthday so it was like a birthday gift for me ❤️).

I’m really surprised how mature these characters were!! I don’t think that younger people are as
Crystal Blanton
Shelves: favorites
I devoured When The Saint Falls. The push and pull between Rebel and Saint and the electrical charged that was created whenever they were together kept me begging for more. This is different from what the author has written before but oh so good in all the best ways. I love a great enemies to lovers storyline and she knocked this one out of the park. And then the side characters are to die for! I'm so excited they will be getting their own books as well.
One-click this one right now.
Kimberly Garner
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book that I really enjoyed. I really thought the characters had depth, lord knows they had secrets. The author has great world building, and amazing characters. I was hooked for the get go. I read this book rather quickly, and it is not a short book, I just couldn't put it down. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoyed angst ridden mature YA books.
Brittany Grantham
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh so good

This book is a good read. Thatcher and Violet are high school students. They meet when he bumps into her in the art room. He’s angry and feels like damaged goods so he pushes her away while protecting her. Protecting her from high school vultures and himself. Violet thinks Thatcher is a hot jerk who has issues. It’s a journey of Thatcher pushing and pulling Violet to and from him. He wants her so very much but he thinks he’s not worthy of her because what he’s been through and what he
Emma (Emlovesreading)
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
First time read from this author and I have to say I enjoyed it. My go to when it comes to books is bully romances. I love them. So this tells the story of Thatcher & Violet. Thatcher isn’t your typical rich, popular bully. No he’s more complicated than that. He’s been through stuff that hard made him the way he his. And poor Violet is on the end of his wrath simply because he wants her but doesn’t want to give in to it.
Violet is sweet and doesn’t realise that Thatcher bullying her because he’s
Sandy Eiynck
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First time reading this author. If you like high school bully romance, I would recommend this title. Lots of angst moments and it kept me intrigued as to how it would end. Great read!
Have Coffee Need Books
Oh Lord in Heaven. This book has me in love with every one of the characters except for the hero -- and it’s not like he sucks. Truth is Thatch is just not as impressive as the others. And boo-hoo for him. I guess that might be a backhanded compliment to A.D. McCammon. I love all her Westbrook peeps, but the hero is Laa-aime.

“We’re told as little girls when a boy is mean to you, it means he likes you, but that’s total bullshit. There must be another explanation. Here’s to hoping it’s not one th
Sandie Book Boyfriend Reviews
4.5

This is the last book I read in 2019 and it was the best way to bring it to a close.
I have read all of A.D. McCammon's books and while this is definitely different than the others I have to say, it is truly bringing out her writing in the best way possible. I have seen her level of writing grow with each book, but this book has surpassed anything I could have expected from her. In her other books, she tended to shy away from the sexy times, which is fine but man oh man in this book she did no
Courtney
I Received this ARC from Author for Honest Review.
I Give this Book a 4.5/5 Star Rating, Listing as 5.

No Major Spoilers.

HEA(?): Yes! Though I do wish there was a future epilogue rather than a ‘present’ one.
That was the only thing was a bit of a let down.
Drama: 4/5
Heat: 3.5-4ish/5
Romance: 4/5
Suspense: 3.5-4/5
Bully: 3.5/5, it did come to an odd halt, that kinda left me a bit ehh... when he rescinded his protect over her and I was expecting the repercussions to be a bit severe but it was rather dull
Serena Weigand
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let's start with I won an ARC of When the Saint Falls on a fan page. This was the first book I read by A.D. McCammon and let me tell you I was hooked right from the Preface. Saint and Rebel that's what the main characters Thatcher and Violet call each other. Violet is considered a goody two shoes and from the moment Thatcher sees her he wants her but doesn't believe he's good enough for her so he does everything in his power to keep her away by bullying her. Violet even though Thatcher is a bull ...more
Clare Harrison
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From the moment the rebel met the saint he knew she was different. There was a reality about her that few others displayed.

He crashed into her life literally and then made it hell, but still she saw more in him than his behaviour towards her.

True colours will always be revealed sooner or later, the question is what will happen then...?

Wowsers what a read!

A bully with a twist, and an innocent with a hidden strength. I loved that this was different to other reads of this genre.

The cat and mouse g
Sally Mieske
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Im really loving this high school bully romance genre. That is what lead me to this author and she didn’t disappoint. This is her first time writing a bully romance and she knocked it out of the park. I read this book in a day, I couldn’t put down. I had to know if Thatcher was going to get his girl. I love Violet and Thatcher. Thatcher was attracted to her on her first day in his school. He doesn’t believe he is worthy of her, so the bullying begins. Violet is Thatchers complete opposite. She i ...more
Stephanie
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
While I love a push and pull romance, there was something off about this one. Thatcher didn't really bully her either, I didn't get where his power "king of school" thing came from. Also the author kind of skipped over all the 'bad' things he did. I was getting really tired of him telling her "I'm obsessed with you, yet I won't pursue anything with you because I don't deserve you". Also both his best friends just fell in love with her and automatically became her best friends and then they sort ...more
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How can such an obvious dick and asshole hold my heart? I wanted to hate Thatcher, gah did I want to hate him. He didn't make it hard. But Thatcher is so much more than what he projects to people. He's vulnerable as well as badass. He's soft as well as tough. He's a huge mix of opposite emotions that you can't help but fall for him. And Violet? She's the absolute thing he needs. She has such a huge heart. For her to still forgive and want Thatcher after everything he did proves that.

When The Sa
E&A Book
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best bully romance this year. I could not put this book down. Thatcher was completely swoon-worthy & broke my heart thinking his past was to dirty for his love interest Violet. He made her life miserable from the day he met her, just to keep her away. Violet is the sweet new girl, who can not figure out why Thatcher hates her so much. With one kiss the whole dynamic between the two of them changes. It was fascinating watching them push and pull at each other while falling in love. Their love sto ...more
Angela Hillier
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
I really liked these set of character’s.The story grabbed me from the beginning and I found myself making time to sit and read to get to know what happens next. You get little tidbits of what’s to come in the next two books which I’m definitely going to read.
The sex scenes where hot and sweet. The angst and teenage pain was real and I’m looking forward to see what happens next.

It’s my first book from this author and I was lucky enough to get an early copy for my honest opinion.
Karina
Mar 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Although cliché , I love a high school bully romance - but I didn’t see any bullying in this one. It kept being mentioned that the H did bad things and had bad people at his party ... but I didn’t really see any of that. I expected more but maybe that’s just me . I will read the next one - the friends seem to have a little more personality then the main characters so I’m looking forward to their stories.
Kat Savage
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m not generally a bully romance reader but I thought if I could give anyone a chance, McCammon was the way to go. I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed this read. YA isn’t normally my thing either but I really enjoyed traveling back to the complexities of youth. Oh to be that age again. The characters were complex, I didn’t feel like any came across as flat. The tension tugged on me. Really well done!
CK
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Incredible book! It’s a romance that’s full of intricacies and depth. Just when you thought you knew the characters well- violet and thatcher - you don’t. Such depth that’s not typical of a ya romance. Loved it and can’t wait to read more in the series!
Kari Wicked Reads & Dreams
First time reading this author and unfortunately this was a no for me. Now, her writing is ok, but it’s just the story wasn’t a fantastic. Why?

Where was the bullying in this? We get yeah he did bad things to her, but what?

I finished it and it had its moments, but so many things just felt thrown in or forced.

I might check out the next book on a another character, but if you label a bully romance please give it too me. Make me feel the characters pain. Hear the thoughts from why the bully was d
K
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was hesitant when I read the synopsis of A.D. McCammon's next release. The premise is quite different from what she has previously published.

But I took a chance, I dived in headfirst, and I wasn't disappointed.

McCammon's classic raw emotion, combined with a new sexy side, will leave readers breathless. I know I was.

Looking forward to book 2!
Stela
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's a sweet and refreshing story that made me remember my teen. It was a pleasure reading it and I'm glad I discovered it.
E.K.
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Amber's writing, and am so happy she tried her hand at YA Contemporary Romance. There's nothing that gets me more excited than a good high school bad boy romance.

I loved Amber's previous works and this was no different. There was excitement, there was butterflies, there was a sweet and just as equally dangerous feeling romance, and there was a little mystery.

Saint and Rebel burned through the pages. I couldn't put this book down and finished it in a day and half, little people demanded
Coleen Devlin Leszczynski
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good. I read it in 2 days. I was unable to put it down. Thatcher and violet have a love hate relationship that is relatable to anyone who has been in a high school relationship. I fell in love with both of them right from the start. I can’t wait to read more from this author!!
Trac Huynh
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Now this . This is a good book. There’s a good time lapse & backstory , both allowing for proper character development . We don’t get a few months worth of their lives , it’s a few years , which makes it all the more relatable.

The bullying factor was there but to a more realistic degree. And there was discipline too . I don’t get those authors who write about rich kid running wild , killing, hurting, blackmailing , etc .., with no repercussions. I don’t believe you can write about bullying and a
Katja
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first book from A.D. McCammon but it won't be the last. I really liked this book and characters were interesting. I liked Thatcher and Violet together. They were so good for each other. Of course not everything about Thatcher were good but he had his reasons. I like how his friends Cole and Arwen became friends with Violet and I can't wait to get their own stories. I'm curious about them.

*ARC for honest review*
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wicked Saint (Sinners and Saints, #1)
  • Treacherous
  • Brutal Bully (Bad Bullies #1)
  • Wicked Dreams (Fallen Royals, #1)
  • The Sinner (Haven Grace Prep, #1)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • The Saint (Haven Grace Prep, #2)
  • No Prince
  • Regretting You
  • Brutal Heir (Court University, #1)
  • Wicked Games (Fallen Royals, #2)
  • Wicked Liars (Windsor Academy #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • The Secrets We Hide (The Four, #2)
  • Dirty Prince
  • The New Girl: A Pacific High School Bully Romance (Pacific High Series Book 1)
  • Saint (Angelview Academy, #1)
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, avid reader and writer.

Westbrook (3 books)
  • The Bad Girl (Westbrook Three, #2)
  • The Princess and the Jester (Westbrook Three #3)