Start by marking “The Big Ohhh: A laugh out loud Romantic Comedy” as Want to Read:
The Big Ohhh: A laugh out loud Romantic Comedy

The Big Ohhh: A laugh out loud Romantic Comedy

"Have you ever had sex in a Vauxhall Combo? No neither have I but it's starting to sound appealing."

"I'm Willow Dixon, I'm 24 years old and I'm frustrated. I have a hot new boyfriend and you would think I'd be walking bow-legged with a sexy new man in my life, but the earth hasn't exactly moved for us yet and if I had to describe my sex life using a movie title, it

Published December 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Big Ohhh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Ohhh

Start your review of The Big Ohhh: A laugh out loud Romantic Comedy
D.M.
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny, sweet and a little awkward. Basically everything you’d expect from a Nikki Ashton novel.

Willow can’t believe her luck when she catches the attention of gorgeous Charlie. She thinks he will be a one-night thing but when everything goes wrong in the bedroom the true compatibility begins to show.

With a funny supporting cast and a villain to hate the BiG Ohh is more than I expected. It’s a comedy of crazy moments with a lovable but unpredictable family.

This book kept me amused all the way
Carrie Elks
The Big Ohhh is the kind of book that makes you feel all warm inside when you read it. It's full of humour, but is realistic and emotional, too.

I laughed, I cried, and I crossed my fingers that Willow and Charlie's relationship would make it. But I also fell in love with the minor characters, too.

Willow's parents were hilarious -- her dad in particular made me guffaw more than once. And her annoyingly protective brothers were so well written, and I'm keeping everything crossed we get to see
Laura Barnard
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book! Charlie and Willow were adorable and their families hilarious. Perfect happy book to read when you're feeling a bit down
Caroline F
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my god! This book was funny right off the bat!

The chapter headings really made me laugh, as well as all the mishaps that occurred between Charlie and Willow. Oh my lord! These two struggled to catch a break! LOL. I was desperate for them to seal the deal!! Even though Charlie came across as borderline inept, he was sweetly eager, took Willow's family in his stride, and was so into her that he was adorable. My heart hurt for him where his mother was concerned but he was a rock for his brother.
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fab lol read

Floved this book. So many LOL moments in this. It was true Nikki Ashton style!
Loved Charlie! He is everything you would want in a man. Willow! Well she is hilarious!
Her family! Well i would love to be part of that one!
Dayna
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing, brilliant and hilarious! Such a funny read and one of the funniest books I’ve read in 2019! It had me laughing out loud at so many parts. There were also times when I’d be reading in bed and I’d have to stifle my laugh so I didn’t wake my fiancé! To balance it out, there were also more serious parts and angsty moments. Willow, the protagonist, is such a fun and quirky character. I loved her! I also loved the relationship she has with her family. Everyone was so down to earth ...more
Julia Stevens
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, it was sweet, sexy and laugh out loud funny. Those chapter headers were just brilliant!

Charlie and Willow were the loveliest couple but everything seemed stacked against them when it came down to the sexy times. Seriously I was feeling their frustration right along with them!! Their families, both so different had a big part to play in the story too. Omg Ivan the Terrible hahaha and Johnny whose story was heartbreaking, but he had so much class and attitude.

Nikki Ashton has
Kimberley Newman
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always Nikki Ashton never disappoints. This is a 'has it all' book. Brilliant story, well written, pulls you in, and leaves you panting for more (pardon the pun...when you read it you will get it). Willow and Charlie although the main characters and brilliant characters at that, all the others in the book have their own personalities that you love when they appear in it. I honestly almost cried at one point and in lots had to cross my legs so I didn't pee with laughter. Definitely a good book ...more
Victoria L. James
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always, Nikki Ashton proves why she is the queen of British Romance Comedies. While The Big Ohhh was everything I knew it would be, it was also everything I *wasn’t* expecting. The number of issues Ashton covers in one story would be a challenge for the most seasoned author, but she handles it like a pro, making it seem effortless. From abusive mothers, brothers with disabilities, over invasive parenting, to dealing with being different from the rest of your family in this modern world, each ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything you expect from a romcom book. Two adorable lead characters, entertaining secondary characters and a lot of LOL moments as well as some awkward moments. I love a good book where I can laugh and smile my way through and this one doesn’t disappoint. It is definitely a one click book.

Reviewed by Lesley
Nikki
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a instant pick me up and make me smile read then this is the book for you!
Hammed packed full of craziness..disasters and LOL moments you cant help but smile and laugh your way through reading... it's totally what you come to expect from a Nikki Ashton story.
Characters that are unique and fantastic.. wit... well thought out storyline... emotions this book has it all.
So we have Charlie and Willow who meet on a night out... when an unexpected one night stand goes epically
Lesley Robson
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it

❤️Melanie G.
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud hilarious. Couldn’t get enough of Ivan the terrible and Maureen and the rest of the family. Great easy read that will bring a smile to your face a thousand times over.
Kari Hansen
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Willow and Charlie meet there is no denying the chemistry and connection between them, but the fates and their families are conspiring against them. Trying to get any time alone so that they can act on the attraction between them is proving to be a disaster of epic proportions.

Between embarrassing and humiliating interactions of Willow’s family to the trials and tribulations that Charlie’s family brings this story will not only have you laughing out loud, but it will make you feel as well.
Cheryl O'Harney
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a rom-com which tells it as it is without holding any punches, then look no further.

This was a hilarious read filled with great characters who share some great banter between them resulting in some hilariously side splitting scenes, however there is a more serious element to the story which I have to say was portrayed in a very true to life manner with no quick fix.

This book was a pleasure to read, just what was needed on cold, miserable winters night, cozied up with the
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am really loving and enjoying this author' books. If you want a good laugh, you can never go wrong with a book by her. But not only it's a fun book, it also had a lot of heart into it and that made this book even better. Not to mention the side characters in this story were such a hoot! Really enjoyed this one!

Willow and Charlie meet on a night out and they hit it off immediately. What's supposed to be a one-night stand ends up completely different. Both don't let it bother them and they start
Stephanie
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It certainly is lol

So having sat very patiently with this one on my Kindle from its release date, waiting on the children going back to school to make a start, all by myself with no distractions. That plan didn't last very long. But I'm so glad it ended up taking me a couple of weeks to read it. Nikki is my favourite Romcom author. I love her books and this one is no exception. We meet Willow and Charlie in The Big Ooh. Their first meeting is one of those across the room total mishap 's, that
Donna
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well this book is so much fun, I almost wet myself laughing on more than a few occasions, as is the norm with Nikki Ashton's books. Nikki always manages to make you cry laughing and then get that lump in your throat and have a stray tear as well, giving your both ends on the emotional scale. But that is the joy of this woman's writing. She manages to pull you in and you become the characters.

Willow and Charlie's are amazing but so are the supporting cast that are in this story. I really don't
Karen Wood
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just don't know where to start with this book without giving anything away, it is hilarious and emotional at the same time.

Meet Willow and Charlie, this is their love story with a comical twist, add in her dysfunctional family, his alcoholic mother and brother and its a recipe for disaster all they want is time to themselves as a couple, but every time they are getting intimate some crisis occurs and spoils the mood, will they ever go all the way or are they doomed!

As well as falling in love
Laura Jackson
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought my favourite book by Nikki Ashton was fixed along comes a new book to take the crown!

New embarrassing parents to love and wish were your best friends parents (because you wouldn't want them as your own!), siblings that NEED their own books writing and so many laughs!!

An absolute winner - well done Nikki, no pressure for the next one!
Tara Bryant
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Big Ohhh
By Nikki Ashton

“It might have been girly, and I would never admit to anyone, especially my brother, but I felt butterflies take flight in the pit of my stomach and it was the best feeling ever.”

Every couple wants their “first time” together to be perfect and amazing. From the scenery to the technique, the pressure is real. When Willow and Charlie meet, neither of them can believe their luck. They are so hot for each other, sex should be an easy thing. But throw in nosey parents, an
Victoria Weston
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book and author is a first for me and I'm really glad I've found another great author. If I could give this book more than five stars I definitely would. It's absolutely brilliant.
This is one of the most hilarious books that I've ever read in my life and I highly recommend this book to everyone.

Willow is a confident independent young woman who has a lot going for her. She has a great family who are there for each other and very supportive. Her brothers and her mum and dad. Her father is a
She's a Lip Biter
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Multiple Reviews Below

5Stars
When your 2% into a book and already laughing out loud with great mirth at the witty things you know the story is going to be a bobby dazzler!

Oh boy, the Dixon family are a riot, headed by Ivan the Terrible and his wife Maureen, so funny but poor Willow. The things that come out of their mouths and the things that they do are hilarious. Willow is a great character, I liked her immediately, she is realistic and very caring, straight down the line and above board too- I
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was so freaking hilarious. Willow and Charlie were awesome characters and the author really took the time to develop their emotional relationship. By the end, I was as frustrated as they were with all the interruptions and disappointing sexual encounters. I thought this was also a bit realistic. Great sex doesn't always just happen in the beginning, even when you are with the right one. I loved Willow's family and wouldn't mind a spinoff with a few of her brothers. They were a riot and ...more
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***narniaandbeyond***
Laughter wrapped in Love. That’s what this story is to me & man oh man did I laugh. Nikki Aston really is one of my favourite Rom Com authors, she just knows how to deliver humour without losing the essence of the story or the lessons of the heart.

The Big Ooh was just first class from start to finish. Willow & Charlie were just too funny & cute for words. Their journey to their HEA was equally heart tugging & hilarious, with so many magical moments that really did make my cheeks
Karenj
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this. Having not long read Pelvic Flaws by Nikki Ashton this was very much an anticipated read and pre-ordered as soon as it was available... it did not disappoint !!
Willow and Charlie are just perfect.. well Charlie maybe not quite perfect in some departments.. or so it seems to start, but Willow is happy to give him a second (or third.. or fourth) chance !! For this, I loved her ! Where most women would have run a mile after each disastrous attempt at spending time together,
carole trelease
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny, romantic just great.

As usual, Nikki is great at this type of book. No one does romantic comedy , with a little angst thrown in, better. Willow and Charlie were the best and the family were hilarious, all except Teresa!!! Ivan the terrible gave me some fab, laugh out loud moments. Also the music choices were spot on..A wonderful read for over the Holidays. Enjoy!
Alicia Harrietha
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When The Ohh Don't Come!!

Charlie is a kind, compassionate and a gorgeous guy. When he meets Willow he is smitten. However he has so many issues in his life that will cost him any chance of having a relationship with anyone.

Willow on the other hand is feeling like she will never have a serious relationship because her family is over the top crazy. Living with her parents and 4 brothers isnt a walk in the park, especially when everyone is in each other's business.

When Charlie and Willow have
Sarah Dale
4.5 Ohhh Stars

Nikki Ashton has seriously knocked it out of the park with this hilarious book that had me laughing out loud ALOT. The fact that she had me laughing from the very beginning I knew this was going to be a good one. She is the Queen of British humour.

Charlie and Willow meet at a local pub. The chemistry and connection between them is off the charts but they just need to survive their totally insane and entertainingly embarrassing families (which they still live with). They always
Caroline
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Superb!!

Just what I needed right now!! A Laugh out loud fun read with some heartwarming moments. Two well suited leads and their struggle to get to the big ohhhhh. Would love to read more from the other characters as well, I loved everything about this book.

• Scandal Queen (Tabloid Princess #2)
  • If We Were Young
  • Tabloid Princess (Tabloid Princess #1)
  • Man Crush Monday
  • Wings & Roots (The Scions #3)
  • Malia (Black Sentinels MC Series #3)
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
  • Cherry Beats
  • Sleeper
  • Waking Up in Vegas (The One, #1)
  • The Lineup
  • Creeping Beautiful
  • You, Me, and the Crazy Ex (Club Stigmata #2)
  • Best Man
  • Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Doughn't Let Me Go
  • Mr. December (Calendar Boys, #12)
  • A Fairbanks Affair (Odds-Are-Good, #3)
I live in Cheshire with my husband, two dogs and mum in law and write romantic humour and contemporary romance. My first two books, Guess Who I Pulled Last Night? and No Bra Required both stayed at number 1 on the Amazon Humour list for 3 & 4 weeks respectively. My ambitions of becoming a writer started at the age of 10 when I started writing poetry at school, and was given the honour of ...more