Start by marking “Not So Cookie Cutter” as Want to Read:
Not So Cookie Cutter

Not So Cookie Cutter

Jerrell has never been worth more than a fling.

Other guys tend to treat him like a piece of meat theyre entitled to, and Jerrell has given up on hoping for something more. Instead he keeps his head down and doesnt engage. He loves his job as second baker at a cafe. His work is enough for him.

When Rafi, a regular customer, expresses an interest in Jerrell, Jerrell cant
Published September 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Not So Cookie Cutter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not So Cookie Cutter

Start your review of Not So Cookie Cutter
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
Despite the title, this was pretty cookie cutter: two guys have a meet-cute, date a couple of times, boink (off page) and have a misunderstanding before learning to communicate. Awwww! *sigh* I did love the fact that both MCs are queer men of color, and the attention that was paid to how that impacts Jerrel's search for love.

Unfortunately, because this is so short, there's not much substance to other things. For instance, both men have some other issues that are just mentioned in passing but
Trio
Aidan Waynes novella Not So Cookie Cutter is an opposites attract, first-time love story. The sweet and timid exchanges between these two characters warmed my heart, and the playful, flirty moments kept me smiling. Not So Cookie Cutter is a thoroughly enjoyable romance.

Jerrell, a gentle giant, has such low self-esteem he doesnt think anyone could be attracted to him, much less like him for who he is. When Rafi, a customer at the cafe where he works, admires his baking, Jerrell cant quite believe
Ami
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this short novella in the morning, and OMG THIS WAS SWEET AND ADORABLE, JERRELL WAS SUCH A DARLING!!!! and it made me smile and happy and ready to face the day. This novella has interracial relationship also Rafi, the love interest, is in wheelchairs.

I adore everything right from the very beginning. I might be annoyed with the "conflict" ((view spoiler)) -- but then I thought, nobody had
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
This was a small story that felt a big hug. Terrell, is a large bodied vet whos now a Baker who is gently persuaded by a Docter. The heat level is low. The story is told at sweet, seasoned pace. Being honest the story resonated well with this reader but when it ended I wanted more. I wanted deeper but I enjoyed what I got. ...more
Annie
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ive read and enjoyed a few of this authors titles and especially appreciate that their characters are always a bit different than those that tend to populate the genre. That tendency carried over to Not So Cookie Cutter, which is a cute short story with unique characters and a sweet romance.

Shorts always run the risk of a rushed love story or feeling incomplete, but that wasnt the case here at all. I immediately liked Jarrell and found the tentative sweet flirting between him and Raffi
Georgiana
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
~3.5 Stars~
Sweet romance with low drama.

Jerrell and Rafi are both kind and gentle men. Jerrell has a few insecurities which does cause a low drama scene, but I thought it was needed to help the relationship grow. I enjoyed how accepting Jerrell was of Rafis disability. Just like Rafi did, I found Jerrells shyness to be sweet.

This is my first story by this author. It flowed smoothly and had a nice gentle feel to it. Theres not much backstory of the characters as its a short read, but that didnt
Kathryn Manzella
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not So Cookie Cutter by Aidan Wayne is a quick and sweet read. Jerrell and Rafi are fun characters and captured my heart. The story is low on drama and high on sweet romance. Definitely satisfying treat.
Simone
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Jacqueline Duczek
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always love everything by Aidan and this novella was no exception. It was sweet and fluffy and heartwarming and exactly the kind of thing I needed on a rainy, miserable day.
Tame
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet & satisfying

I really enjoyed this book! It reminded me to not assume the worst and to be vulnerable to new people and future opportunities ❤
Alex
Alex
Caroline
Amy

• A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Bio-Mechanical (Irons and Works, #4)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
  • Blank Canvas (Irons and Works, #2)
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • Free Hand (Irons and Works, #1)
  • Scarification (Irons and Works #6)
  • American Traditional (Irons and Works, #3)
  • Where Love Grows
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Cancer Ships Aquarius (Signs of Love, #5)
  • To Touch the Light (Irons and Works)
  • Daddy (Endearments, #1)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
Aidan Wayne has been publishing LGBTQ+ fiction since 2016. While they usually stick with contemporary romance (both adult and YA), some soft sci-fi/fantasy has been known to sneak in as well. They primarily write character-driven stories with happy endings, because, dammit, queer people deserve happy endings too.

Stay in the know and never miss a book by joining Aidan's mailing list.

News & Interviews