Start by marking “War (The Four Horsemen, #2)” as Want to Read:
War (The Four Horsemen, #2)

War

(The Four Horsemen #2)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  9,430 ratings  ·  1,441 reviews
They came to earth—Pestilence, War, Famine, Death—four horsemen riding their screaming steeds, racing to the corners of the world. Four horsemen with the power to destroy all of humanity. They came to earth, and they came to end us all.

The day Jerusalem falls, Miriam Elmahdy knows her life is over. Houses are burning, the streets run red with blood, and a traitorous
Published July 10th 2019 by Lavabrook Publishing, LLC

·  9,430 ratings  ·  1,441 reviews

Start your review of War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
Laura Thalassa
May 27, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
07/02/2019 Update: And, June came and went ... but good news, War will release July 11! If you want to read more about it, here's the longer post I made:

05/27/2019 Update: I've received a lot of questions about War's release date! Originally I was hoping for a May 2019 release, but edits have been taking longer than anticipated, so War will most likely release sometime in June 2019. I know this news blows for those of you who've been waiting on news about
Liv
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
2 minutes ago I finished "Pestilence" and I need this book NOW!!

It was SOOO worth the wait! Awesome book!!!!!
Have to say, after waiting so long for the book, I was in love with it even before I started it
And now begins the wait for Famine
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

ROMANCE!!!
SEX!!!
HOT HORSEMEN!!!
KICK ASS HEROINE!!!

AND THE COOLEST SETTING EVER!!!! Seriously this book in the middle East and with a multinational cast of characters and multicultural (view spoiler)

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE? Uh? uh?
*coughs* The Cover *coughs*

Yeah, I HATE THE cover, but believe me this book is GREAT!

I'm a huge fan of manga and gory stuff so this book came right into my alley.

MIRIAM AND HER (view
Warda
Mar 13, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 36%.

I just couldn’t do it any more. Everything about this story was not meshing with me. I was skim-reading way too early on, I found it cringe-worthy, and the story just felt empty and lacked depth.

I tried continue reading it for War, but when I saw the progress I’d made and that I wasn’t even half way through the book, I just had to quit. I couldn’t do it.

Also I wasn’t a fan of the whole ‘New Palestine’ and Israel angle. It didn't seem like enough research was put into it and it
Sabrina
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
”Pray for the world.
War is coming”.

NEED.
Where is the synopsis? I have no idea what will happen in this book, and I couldn’t be more excited .
I took a quiz to know which horsemen I am, and I end up being sometimes War and sometimes Death, so yeah. I really want this one.
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
4 for your soft (and safe) heart stars!!! (update to add links of Aubrey and Lex)
Henry Cavill as War.

FIRST OF ALL
Notes for safety gang. For those of you who don't know there's a group of Goodreads romance readers who hate to find things in our reads that ruin our fun. We don't have time to waste with cheating, rapist heroes, and we consider other woman interaction as cheating. It ruins the romance for us. Happy endings are a must for many of us.

Cheating: (view spoiler)
Other
Jilly
As far as this apocalypse goes, I'm ambivalent. I mean, sure, we all expect to die soonish, but I think we are all expecting it to be the robots who kill us, not the four horsemen. It's more of a modern solution. I mean four horsemen? That's so old-fashioned.

Why is this taking so long? I haven't even had one robot offer me cake yet.

If you loved the first book, Pestilence, like me, you will like this one too. But, you will also feel like it's not as good, and you will think it's a bit too long
chan ☆
Jul 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
war daddy can pillage me ANYTIME
Corina
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, swoony-hero
How is your book hangover doing?? I'm still thinking about this book....

WAR, I’m still speechless and amazed, but incredibly happy, it was EVERYTHING I hoped it would be.

War, the second of the Four Horsemen, was deliciously dark, dangerous, swoony in a warlord kind of way, and very much everything I wanted him to be!! Again, it just shows how much I like these kind of heroes. He was all kinds of FINE!! His determination, possessiveness, protectiveness and later on struggle made a
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
War is so Awesome!

I loved the first book, Pestilence so I had a feeling I would like this one even better and that feeling was so right! At the beginning I wasn’t quite sure where this story was going to go, since it started out so different than Pestilence. However, I couldn’t turn away and I loved every minute. For one thing I love the fact that these heroines are so strong and capable.

Miriam is a survivor, she grew up in New Palestine, formerly known as Israel and is the daughter of a Jew and
Candlewick Books
Jun 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Guys save your money.

This was so incredibly racist and islamaphobic I don't even know where to start.

I was so pumped for this but I've never been so let down. It's actually kinda laughable that Laura Thalassa thought she could write about the Palestine/Israel conflict with sensitivity. I genuinely don't think that a book mostly about sex was the best platform for it. Does Thalassa not realize that this issue actually affects real lives? It should not be a background to your erotica. Man, it was
Navessa
Apr 10, 2018 marked it as to-read

So fucking here for this.

Parvati loves R - rated YA
Edit October 19
Our BR is officially over. This was an amazing reading experience. Thank you for Buddy reading with me. I loved this book.

Let's BR famine next year.

Goodreads continues its campaign against authors outside the established publishers forgetting that indies and their fans are contributing to its Alexa rating as much, if not more, than the fans of traditionally-published books. They modified this post to erase the links to my BR friends and their updates. They erased my previous
Christa

All religions want the same thing—salvation.
I can hear my father’s voice like an echo from the past.
We’re all the same.

Miriam is trying to live in post apocalyptic Jerusalem when the second horseman of the apocalypse War makes his way there.

She is terrified, but when she is cornered by War, he spares her life. She is taken back to his camp where he claims she is his wife and she will eventually be his.

It’s a slow burn romance between two enemies.

Miriam is brave and funny.

“Is my
Corinne
Edit September 29
Admittedly, some things here didn't work for me. War is an ex-manwhore while Miriam is barely experienced and I hated that. My 5 stars rating reflects my overall enjoyment of the story, it was hard to put down and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The twists and turns were great and I love the cameos of the other horsemen.

However, I had small issues, from the cover, to the constant repetition of the same plot: they fight-they have sex. But on the other hand, so many things were working
Jen
This is the second book in the Four Horsemen series; and it’s War’s story! Obviously, the story had a lot of violence in it; but like the first book...a unique love grew between War and Miriam. In Pestilence’s book there was a lot more touching moments between him and his woman... whereas War and his “wife” ( he truly believes Miriam was given to him by God to be his wife) were against each other for the majority of the story. Even with them being enemies at first, they have attraction and ...more
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
“Blood sprays, and part of the man’s body goes one way, the rest, another. It takes everything in me not to sick myself at the sight. Around me, a cheer rises up from the crowd. The world has gone mad. “

What a ride!

What you have here is:

- Formidable and sexy warlord;
-Compassionate, resourceful and feisty heroine;
-Gory battle scenes filled with living dead;
-Philosophical questions about human nature and its possible redemption;
-Slow burn romance with lots of chemistry.

First of all I have
Sh3lly
Pestilence:

After Pestilence was slain by love, it was time to unleash War on humans. This time, War and his phobos riders start with Jerusalem and work their way across the coast of Egypt. He meets Miriam in Jerusalem (now located in New Palestine, I believe) and recognizes her immediately as his wife. Yep. We're going there.

War has an olive skin tone, long dark hair, kohl-lined eyes. He's very muscly, has a red horse named Deimos, and is pretty much a complete asshole. Yep. We're going there.

I
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

“Netet wā neterwej.”
You are the one He sent me. (...)
“Netet tayj ḥemet.” You are my wife.

Story
Stacey is Sassy
It’s hard to love War

This review is a wee bit spoilerish if you haven’t read Pestilence yet. Please proceed with caution.

I think the hardest part of reading an EPIC book like War is deciding whether to surrender. You are faced with so many internal dilemmas about choices, sacrifices, deciding whether to have faith and whether there is redemption for those who sin. Can we look at someone like War, and judge him for something he has no power over? War's purpose was to judge the hearts of men and
Aisling Zena
Dec 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
23/3/18

I don't know why but the minute I saw that cover this guy came to mind:
description description
description

Remember him?! Showing my age here. He played Ares (God of War) in Xena Warrior Princess. I guess the two just connected in my brain lol. Is it bad I'm hoping War in this book takes after him a tiny bit?
Beatrice Masaluñga
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Trying to get my reading mojo back, I finally finished War after enduring a HORRIBLE reading slump for months. I am busy with work and most of the time I'm exhausted to write my full review. Anyways, I enjoyed it. It's action-packed, thrilling and its romance is slow burning good!

I'm dying to read this as soon as it's released and our second of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse is War (look at that Jason Momoa lookalike model). His mission is pretty obvious. To bring wrath and destruction to
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! This series is so unique! I can’t wait for the next one :D
Maca
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
April
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 for your soft heart stars!!

Ok, prepare for tons of !!!!! Because this book has me that excited.
This book was fantastic! It had action, romance with steamy scenes and zombies!! War is a stubborn, fierce warrior turned swoony romantic, he deserved nothing but a bad ass woman which he got in Miriam.
I couldn’t read the ending fast enough...I had tears of sadness that soon turned to tears of happiness!
This book left me smiling and looking forward to book 3, Thank you Thalassa for another great
Jennifer Kyle
I dragged through this one and the love connection was meh to me. However ending was good.
enqi ☁️✨
The horseman reaches out and draws a finger over my collarbone, his gaze never leaving mine. “I saw you, and for the first time, I wanted.” His words pucker my flesh. “And so, I took.”

OKAY THAT WAS SO GOOD. it’s nothing less than i expected from laura thalassa. i didn’t love this as much as i loved the first book, because i think Pestilence had that little pinch of otherworldly heartache i didn’t find in this book, but it was still amazing nonetheless.

now that i come to think of it, i don’
❀❀Chicky Boom❀❀
POST READING THOUGHTS AND REVIEW FORM 07/26/19
Buddy read with The QT's

description

I stayed up on the eve of July 11th until it went live so I downloaded and finished the same day. Fell in love with this book after the first couple of pages. It's quite large book and I read it all in about 12 hours, could not put the thing down. Definitely worth the buy!

Just one thing before I post my Buddy read review form. I'll follow the advice of Parvati, our buddy read organizer, and block all
MeaganCM
This was my 300th book! Woo woo!

I am in love with this series . I don't know how I'm going to make it until the next book comes out

The most interesting thing about this series is the internal conflict the female lead faces when falling in love with a horseman.

And sometimes I find myself agreeing with the horsemen when it comes to their outlook on humanity. Like am I really siding with the "villain" lol. The opposing viewpoints (the horseman vs the love interests) of humanity make for an

• Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Bound To The Battle God (Aspect and Anchor #1)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings Of Dakkar, #1)
  • The Best Thing
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Road To Winter (Fae's Captive, #2)
  • Cold Queen
  • Fae's Captive (Fae's Captive, #1)
  • Bite Of Winter (Fae's Captive, #3)
  • War of Hearts
  • Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)
  • Promised to the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #1)
  • Promise of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #1)
  • Silent Lucidity (The Infinite City, #1)
  • Gypsy Truths (All the Pretty Monsters, #6)
  • Blood Trial: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #1)
  • No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)
Found in the forest when she was young, Laura Thalassa was raised by fairies, kidnapped by werewolves, and given over to vampires as repayment for a hundred year debt. She’s been brought back to life twice, and, with a single kiss, she woke her true love from eternal sleep. She now lives happily ever after with her undead prince in a castle in the woods.

… or something like that anyway.

When not

The Four Horsemen (4 books)
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
  • Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)
  • Death (The Four Horsemen, #4)
“All religions want the same thing-salvation. We're all the same.” 17 likes
“But not everything is normal. After all, there's no indictation that religion exits here. Granted, I've only been at camp for a day, so maybe I just need to be patient. However, so far there have been no calls for prayer and no public sermons. I haven't seen anything that indicates which god — if any— these people believe in. The only signs of religion that I have seen are the few religious items that people wear on themselves. Other than that, it's as though God doesn't exist.” 13 likes