Start by marking “War (The Four Horsemen, #2)” as Want to Read:
War (The Four Horsemen, #2)

War

(The Four Horsemen #2)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  13,326 ratings  ·  1,889 reviews
They came to earth—Pestilence, War, Famine, Death—four horsemen riding their screaming steeds, racing to the corners of the world. Four horsemen with the power to destroy all of humanity. They came to earth, and they came to end us all.

The day Jerusalem falls, Miriam Elmahdy knows her life is over. Houses are burning, the streets run red with blood, and a traitorous arm
Published July 10th 2019 by Lavabrook Publishing, LLC

·  13,326 ratings  ·  1,889 reviews

Start your review of War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
Laura Thalassa
May 27, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
07/02/2019 Update: And, June came and went ... but good news, War will release July 11! If you want to read more about it, here's the longer post I made:

05/27/2019 Update: I've received a lot of questions about War's release date! Originally I was hoping for a May 2019 release, but edits have been taking longer than anticipated, so War will most likely release sometime in June 2019. I know this news blows for those of you who've been waiting on news about
Liv
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
2 minutes ago I finished "Pestilence" and I need this book NOW!!

It was SOOO worth the wait!❤ Awesome book!!!!!❤
Have to say, after waiting so long for the book, I was in love with it even before I started it😊
And now begins the wait for Famine😭
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

ROMANCE!!!
SEX!!!
HOT HORSEMEN!!!
KICK ASS HEROINE!!!

AND THE COOLEST SETTING EVER!!!! Seriously this book in the middle East and with a multinational cast of characters and multicultural (view spoiler)

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE? Uh? uh?
*coughs* The Cover *coughs*

Yeah, I HATE THE cover, but believe me this book is GREAT!

I'm a huge fan of manga and gory stuff so this book came right into my alley.

MIRIAM AND HER (v
Warda
Mar 13, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 36%.

I just couldn’t do it any more. Everything about this story was not meshing with me. I was skim-reading way too early on, I found it cringe-worthy, and the story just felt empty and lacked depth.

I tried continue reading it for War, but when I saw the progress I’d made and that I wasn’t even half way through the book, I just had to quit. I couldn’t do it.

Also I wasn’t a fan of the whole ‘New Palestine’ and Israel angle. It didn't seem like enough research was put into it and it bord
chan ☆
Jul 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
war daddy can pillage me ANYTIME
Candlewick Books
Jun 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Guys save your money.

This was so incredibly racist and islamaphobic I don't even know where to start.

I was so pumped for this but I've never been so let down. It's actually kinda laughable that Laura Thalassa thought she could write about the Palestine/Israel conflict with sensitivity. I genuinely don't think that a book mostly about sex was the best platform for it. Does Thalassa not realize that this issue actually affects real lives? It should not be a background to your erotica. Man, it was
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
War is so Awesome!

I loved the first book, Pestilence so I had a feeling I would like this one even better and that feeling was so right! At the beginning I wasn’t quite sure where this story was going to go, since it started out so different than Pestilence. However, I couldn’t turn away and I loved every minute. For one thing I love the fact that these heroines are so strong and capable.

Miriam is a survivor, she grew up in New Palestine, formerly known as Israel and is the daughter of a Jew and
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
4 for your soft (and safe) heart stars!!! (update to add links of Aubrey and Lex)
Henry Cavill as War.

FIRST OF ALL
Notes for safety gang. For those of you who don't know there's a group of Goodreads romance readers who hate to find things in our reads that ruin our fun. We don't have time to waste with cheating, rapist heroes, and we consider other woman interaction as cheating. It ruins the romance for us. Happy endings are a must for many of us.

Cheating: (view spoiler)
Other
Sabrina
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
”Pray for the world.
War is coming”.

NEED.
Where is the synopsis? I have no idea what will happen in this book, and I couldn’t be more excited 😆.
I took a quiz to know which horsemen I am, and I end up being sometimes War and sometimes Death, so yeah. I really want this one.
Corina
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
How is your book hangover doing?? I'm still thinking about this book....

WAR, I’m still speechless and amazed, but incredibly happy, it was EVERYTHING I hoped it would be.

War, the second of the Four Horsemen, was deliciously dark, dangerous, swoony in a warlord kind of way, and very much everything I wanted him to be!! Again, it just shows how much I like these kind of heroes. He was all kinds of FINE!! His determination, possessiveness, protectiveness and later on struggle made a beauti
Jilly
As far as this apocalypse goes, I'm ambivalent. I mean, sure, we all expect to die soonish, but I think we are all expecting it to be the robots who kill us, not the four horsemen. It's more of a modern solution. I mean four horsemen? That's so old-fashioned.

Why is this taking so long? I haven't even had one robot offer me cake yet.

If you loved the first book, Pestilence, like me, you will like this one too. But, you will also feel like it's not as good, and you will think it's a bit too long a
Parvati Patil
Edit October 19
Our BR is officially over. This was an amazing reading experience. Thank you for Buddy reading with me. I loved this book.

Let's BR famine next year.

Goodreads continues its campaign against authors outside the established publishers forgetting that indies and their fans are contributing to its Alexa rating as much, if not more, than the fans of traditionally-published books. They modified this post to erase the links to my BR friends and their updates. They erased my previous updat
Stacey is Sassy
War isn't our problem at the moment...

This was my first re-read and my first listen of War and I'm again left emotionally drained. I can't believe how much this reading experience was affected by what's going on around us at the moment. It's scary to think that for the first time, WAR is not the biggest problem in our world and seems to be a past event. I know the 'war on terror' is still happening though, with war-torn countries devastated by death and destruction. But, Covid-19 seems to have s
Navessa
Apr 10, 2018 marked it as to-read

So fucking here for this.

Corinne
Edit September 29
Admittedly, some things here didn't work for me. War used to be a manwhore (his manwhore ways are in the past) while Miriam is barely experienced and I hated that. My 5 stars rating reflects my overall enjoyment of the story, it was hard to put down and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The twists and turns were great and I love the cameos of the other horsemen.

However, I had small issues, from the cover, to the constant repetition of the same plot: they fight-they have sex. But on the o
Jen
This is the second book in the Four Horsemen series; and it’s War’s story! Obviously, the story had a lot of violence in it; but like the first book...a unique love grew between War and Miriam. In Pestilence’s book there was a lot more touching moments between him and his woman... whereas War and his “wife” ( he truly believes Miriam was given to him by God to be his wife) were against each other for the majority of the story. Even with them being enemies at first, they have attraction and loyal ...more
Christa

All religions want the same thing—salvation.
I can hear my father’s voice like an echo from the past.
We’re all the same.

Miriam is trying to live in post apocalyptic Jerusalem when the second horseman of the apocalypse War makes his way there.

She is terrified, but when she is cornered by War, he spares her life. She is taken back to his camp where he claims she is his wife and she will eventually be his.

It’s a slow burn romance between two enemies.

Miriam is brave and funny.

“Is my w
Maca
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelly Strange
Pestilence: ★★★★

After Pestilence was slain by love, it was time to unleash War on humans. This time, War and his phobos riders start with Jerusalem and work their way across the coast of Egypt. He meets Miriam in Jerusalem (now located in New Palestine, I believe) and recognizes her immediately as his wife. Yep. We're going there.

War has an olive skin tone, long dark hair, kohl-lined eyes. He's very muscly, has a red horse named Deimos, and is pretty much a complete asshole. Yep. We're going the
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
“Blood sprays, and part of the man’s body goes one way, the rest, another. It takes everything in me not to sick myself at the sight. Around me, a cheer rises up from the crowd. The world has gone mad. “

What a ride!

What you have here is:

- Formidable and sexy warlord;
-Compassionate, resourceful and feisty heroine;
-Gory battle scenes filled with living dead;
-Philosophical questions about human nature and its possible redemption;
-Slow burn romance with lots of chemis
Aisling Zena
Dec 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
23/3/18

I don't know why but the minute I saw that cover this guy came to mind:
description description
description

Remember him?! Showing my age here. He played Ares (God of War) in Xena Warrior Princess. I guess the two just connected in my brain lol. Is it bad I'm hoping War in this book takes after him a tiny bit?
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

“Netet wā neterwej.”
You are the one He sent me. (...)
“Netet tayj ḥemet.” You are my wife.

Story
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! This series is so unique! I can’t wait for the next one :D
Beatrice Masaluñga
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Trying to get my reading mojo back, I finally finished War after enduring a HORRIBLE reading slump for months. I am busy with work and most of the time I'm exhausted to write my full review. Anyways, I enjoyed it. It's action-packed, thrilling and its romance is slow burning good!

I'm dying to read this as soon as it's released and our second of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse is War (look at that Jason Momoa lookalike model). His mission is pretty obvious. To bring wrath and destruction to t
April
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 for your soft heart stars!!

Ok, prepare for tons of !!!!! Because this book has me that excited.
This book was fantastic! It had action, romance with steamy scenes and zombies!! War is a stubborn, fierce warrior turned swoony romantic, he deserved nothing but a bad ass woman which he got in Miriam.
I couldn’t read the ending fast enough...I had tears of sadness that soon turned to tears of happiness!
This book left me smiling and looking forward to book 3, Thank you Thalassa for another great r
Jennifer Kyle
I dragged through this one and the love connection was meh to me. However ending was good.
enqi ☁️✨
The horseman reaches out and draws a finger over my collarbone, his gaze never leaving mine. “I saw you, and for the first time, I wanted.” His words pucker my flesh. “And so, I took.”

OKAY THAT WAS SO GOOD. it’s nothing less than i expected from laura thalassa. i didn’t love this as much as i loved the first book, because i think Pestilence had that little pinch of otherworldly heartache i didn’t find in this book, but it was still amazing nonetheless.

now that i come to think of it, i don’
❀❀Chicky Boom❀❀
POST READING THOUGHTS AND REVIEW FORM 07/26/19
Buddy read with The QT's

description

I stayed up on the eve of July 11th until it went live so I downloaded and finished the same day. Fell in love with this book after the first couple of pages. It's quite large book and I read it all in about 12 hours, could not put the thing down. Definitely worth the buy!

Just one thing before I post my Buddy read review form. I'll follow the advice of Parvati, our buddy read organizer, and block all th
Holly
This was kind of weird and I didn't particularly like it for several reasons:

(spoiler alert!)
- Why originally have the setting be Israel/Palestine? That seemed unnecessary and problematic and the author tried to gloss over it by making the heroine come from parents who were Muslim and Jewish, but yeah, that was still a bad choice of location to say the least.
- He's War, I get it, but why the zombies?
- Miriam swings wildly between hating and lusting over War and then suddenly she loves him becaus

• Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • The Power of Hades (The Hades Trials, #1)
  • Bound to the Battle God (Aspect and Anchor #1)
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • The Passion of Hades (The Hades Trials, #2)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • The Promise of Hades (The Hades Trials, #3)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • Rising Queen (Court of the Sea Fae, #3)
  • Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #1)
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Master of Salt & Bones
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • Sworn to the Shadow God (Aspect and Anchor #2)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • Hands Down
  • Cursed Prince (Night Elves Trilogy #1)
Found in the forest when she was young, Laura Thalassa was raised by fairies, kidnapped by werewolves, and given over to vampires as repayment for a hundred year debt. She’s been brought back to life twice, and, with a single kiss, she woke her true love from eternal sleep. She now lives happily ever after with her undead prince in a castle in the woods.

… or something like that anyway.

When not wri

The Four Horsemen (4 books)
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
  • Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)
  • Death (The Four Horsemen, #4)

News & Interviews

“All religions want the same thing-salvation. We're all the same.” 19 likes
“But not everything is normal. After all, there's no indictation that religion exits here. Granted, I've only been at camp for a day, so maybe I just need to be patient. However, so far there have been no calls for prayer and no public sermons. I haven't seen anything that indicates which god — if any— these people believe in. The only signs of religion that I have seen are the few religious items that people wear on themselves. Other than that, it's as though God doesn't exist.” 14 likes