Start by marking “All My Goodbyes (American Dreams #3)” as Want to Read:
All My Goodbyes (American Dreams #3)

All My Goodbyes

(American Dreams #3)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Published December 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about All My Goodbyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All My Goodbyes

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of All My Goodbyes (American Dreams #3)
Julia
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All My Goodbyes by Jan Cline is a Christian historical novel and the third book in the American Dreams series but can be read as a stand-alone.
The story is set from 1941- 1945 covering the war years. The reader immerses themselves in life on the home front and an airfield in Britain. Whilst this is a fictional tale, it is grounded in fact as the novel follows the experiences of the author’s family. We share the highs and lows, the fears and the loves as a family goes through the war. Fear of de
Dawn Kinzer
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All My Goodbyes begins in the spring of 1941. Martha Watkins, a young nurse, is focused on her medical career and taking care of the sick. She has no time for a romantic relationship until she meets Clark Jensen who finds a way into her heart. But their happily-ever-after is threatened as the US becomes involved in World War II. Then dreams, fears, and promises clash.

Martha’s greatest fear is losing a loved one, and the fear is so strong, she doesn’t even want to consider having a child
Gretchen Louise
The third book in Jan Cline's American Dream series can be read as a stand-alone novel, since All My Goodbyes shifts the focus to a new set of characters.

Martha is a nurse with a stubborn streak and a temporary assignment she'd rather get out of. Clark is a new recruit who hates needles.

All My Goodbyes follows Martha's journey as a nurse, a daughter, and a friend during the uncertainty of war times. Martha struggles to move beyond long-held fears and to trust the Lord with those she loves.

Don't
Marty Moore
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Story

I've been impressed with Jan Cline's writing and "All My Goodbyes" didn't disappoint! The fact that this was based off of her mother's life made it even more special.
Jimmy and Clark signed up for the military before the USA entered WWII. They both were stationed at the same base in England not knowing the connection they had, Martha. Clark and Martha were married, Jimmy and Martha were friends from the vineyard where they both lived. I don't want to give anything away, but the fri
Linda
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All My Goodbyes is Martha Watkin’s story. She lives in fear of losing those she loves. As World War Two looms, how can she let herself love a pilot? Yet, this is the dilemma she faces. If she loves him, what if he doesn’t come home after the war? But what if he does? This is the story of Jan Cline’s heart and she gives us a special extra at the end. As the last book in the American Dream Series, Martha’s story pulls together a powerful saga of American history, shared through the lives of those ...more
Kim Petrie
Gale
added it
Feb 24, 2021
Goodreads Librari...: please add cover image 2 13 Dec 18, 2019 04:50PM

• The Winemaker's Secret (Starlight Cove, #2)
  • The Jerusalem Assassin (Marcus Ryker, #3)
  • Teatime with a Knight (Matchmakers in Time Book 2)
  • Christmas with the Cookes (Matchmakers in Time, #1)
  • Dancing with a Prince (Matchmakers in Time Book 3)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • A Regrettable Proposal
  • A Faithful Proposal (Memorable Proposals #2)
  • Beyond the Moon
  • The Road to Mercy: A Journey of Secrets, Survival, and Redemption
  • Quinn  (Pendleton Petticoats #9)
  • Lone Witness (Atlanta Justice, #2)
  • Covert Justice
  • Cottage on Oceanview Lane (Emerald Cove Book 1)
  • Lavished with Lavender: A Christian Romance (Urban Farm Fresh Romance #9)
  • Seaside Manor Bed and Breakfast
  • Starlight Bridge (Harmony Harbor #2)
  • Primrose Lane (Harmony Harbor #3)
I'm an author, freelance writer and speaker from Idaho. I recently retired from directing a writer's conference I founded, but continue to be involved in the writing and publishing world. I love to speak to women's groups, book clubs, writer's groups, and at writer's conferences.

My love for history and old stuff keeps me busy researching for my novels and feeds my hobby of giving new life to tire

American Dreams (3 books)
  • Heaven's Sky (American Dreams #1)
  • The Pruning (American Dreams #2)

News & Interviews

The weather’s getting cooler—here in the northern hemisphere, anyway—and that means time is running out for participants in this year’s...