Start by marking “All Your Twisted Secrets” as Want to Read:

All Your Twisted Secrets

This thrilling debut, reminiscent of new fan favorites like One of Us Is Lying and the beloved classics by Agatha Christie, will leave readers guessing until the explosive ending.

Welcome to dinner, and again, congratulations on being selected. Now you must do the selecting.

What do the queen bee, star athlete, valedictorian, stoner, loner, and music geek all have in common?
Expected publication: March 17th 2020 by HarperTeen

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Mar 17, 2020
    A thrilling debut, reminiscent of new fan favorites like One of Us Is Lying and the beloved classics by Agatha Christie, that will leave readers ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 3674 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 27 - Feb 24, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about All Your Twisted Secrets, please sign up.
    Holly I just got done reading this ARC and yes, there are a few relationships, but nothing explicit. There are a few innuendos here and there, but most of…moreI just got done reading this ARC and yes, there are a few relationships, but nothing explicit. There are a few innuendos here and there, but most of this story is about the suspense, not romance.(less)

Start your review of All Your Twisted Secrets
    megs_bookrack
    Top Selling Points:

A Breakfast Club cast of characters.
    A bogus dinner invitation.
    A locked room mystery.

So on brand for me.

Now who can I email to get a copy of this???

Update: My friend told me he would give me his ARC copy so obviously on pins and needles until that transfer of property happens!

Candace Robinson
    First, I'm big into thriller, mystery, and horror movies, but it's very hard for me to connect to those types of books. I'm glad I found one that broke through that barrier! What I really liked about this one was that it was like the Breakfast Club meets Saw but not bloody or with crazy contraptions!

Even though the story is told from Amber's perspective, I felt that each character was well developed. I felt bad for some, wanted to slap some, and wanted to hug some of them. I don't always read
    Diana Urban
    Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    *UPDATE 01/02/20*
    Preorder links are available here, and you can submit your receipt on that page to get a special gift: a key necklace, a signed bookplate, a signed bookmark, the first 3 chapters (emailed to you immediately!), and access to an exclusive author Q&A on 3/17.
    _____

I can’t tell you how much it means to me that you’re taking the time to consider, read, and review my book. Your hard work makes it easier for readers to make informed decisions about the books they purchase, and the
    Angela Staudt
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I absolutely love thrillers and mysteries; I was ecstatic after I found out I had won a giveaway for this book! (Thank you Diana Urban for such an awesome giveaway)

All Your Twisted Secrets follows six characters who get lured into a nice dinner event, that they think the Mayor invited them too, only to find out that they are trapped. They only have an hour left to figure out what is going on or they will all be killed, because a bomb is going to go off.

I really enjoyed the writing style; this
    Bethany Everett
    Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Thank you to Edelweiss for the digital ARC in exchange for an honest review!!!
    This is going to be the next One of Us is Lying, mark my words. The difference, however, is that I actually really really didn’t like One of Us is Lying, but I loved All Your Twisted Secrets. To me, this felt like redemption. Everything I wanted from One of Us is Lying I got in this book. This book was compelling from the first page. I was invested, I was intrigued. The ending shocked me, and I’m huge on endings with
    Lisa
    Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    A locked room, a ticking time bomb, and six teenagers all hiding terrible secrets — the perfect recipe for terrific suspense. In her smart and gripping debut Diana Urban crafts a classic Christie style mystery with a thoroughly modern twist. Cleverly plotted and full of surprises, ALL YOUR TWISTED SECRETS marks the arrival of an exciting new voice in YA suspense.
    Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
    How can I put this nicely....”ya basic”.

RTC
    Alexa
    Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: thrillers
    A twisty locked room mystery with an ending that packs a punch. The book kept me guessing as it flashed back and forth between the tense last hour in a room with a bomb and the last year of school. I enjoyed piecing together the puzzle of the six teens and how they connected, trying to figure out who would do this to them.

I guessed one half of the main twist, and was otherwise pleasantly surprised. The last third was a dizzy race to the finish, and I was impressed that the book didn't take the
    Mike Chen
    Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    ALL YOUR TWISTED SECRETS lives up to its title, throwing a group of high school seniors in a no-win locked situation and slowly peeling back their secrets as the clock ticks. It twists (pun intended) and turns, playing out in equal parts present-day tension and flashback to fill in the how and why, weaving the two seamlessly together until they become intertwined as the countdown nears zero. I kept guessing until the very end, and once I finished and knew how it all played out, I wanted to read ...more
    Shawn
    Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    A heart-pounding thriller. When six teens are locked in a room with a bomb, they only have an hour to figure a way out alive. As tensions escalate, relationships are tested, accusations are thrown, and shocking secrets are revealed.

Who will make it out alive?

I devoured this book and was kept guessing until the very last page. An ending you will not see coming!
    Kaira Rouda
    Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Reminiscent of an Agatha Christie, All Your Twisted Secrets will keep you guessing to the end. A page-turner with characters you will love and hate. Simply, a fabulous mystery!
    Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
    TW: suicide, bullying
    Paula  Phillips
    Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    One of my favorite tropes to read is when random people get an invitation to a dinner or a party and in this case a scholarship banquet only to discover it is something else entirely, something more dark and sinister is at play. Often in these books the characters are killed one by one, however this one has a twist. Amber and five of her schoolmates have been sent an invitation to have dinner with the Mayor when they turn up though things take an evil turn as they learn they are locked up tight ...more
    rachel ☾
    Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
    Allison Parr
    Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Guys. What would you do if you were a senior in high school and invited to an awards dinner, but instead of getting tasty food you were locked in a room with five of your friends/frenemies and told to KILL ONE OF YOUR NUMBER WITHIN AN HOUR OR YOU'D ALL DIE? I think I'd probably curl into a ball and cry for basically ever. I'm not great at high stress situations.

Stories set in confined spaces are my jam (do we still say that?) I love locked-room thrillers and forced proximity romances. Give me a
    Kit
    Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: thriller, young-adult
    I friggin loved this book. I stayed up way too late to finish it, because I had to know what happened. And what happened is… wow. Wow.

So… I was expecting multi-POVs like some other “similar” YA thrillers, but it was all told from Amber’s POV… and I actually really loved that. Sometimes with those multi-POVs I feel like I don’t really get to know each of the main characters… so I’m not totally invested. I was 100% invested in this book. Amber’s voice is so strong… and her character arc really
    Shana
    Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I had the pleasure of reading an early draft of ALL YOUR TWISTED SECRETS and I can honestly say it's one of the best books I've read this year. Great characters, great plot, and great twists. You're going to want to put this one on your shelf as soon as it comes out!
    Beth, BooksNest
    Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    When you get offered a book with all school stereotypes trapped in a room with the task to kill one person by the end of an hour, you read it. When you find out there's a mystery behind it, you read it even faster. I read 300 pages of this book in one day. It was fantastic, go and place an order.

I went into this ready for the blazing stereotypes, the predictable characters and dialogue. I expected this because of the blurb, so I wasn't surprised to read about the characters who were so loyal to
    Julia Guilardi
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2020
    All Your Twisted Secrets is a gripping, twisty YA thriller that kept me utterly captivated until the final, shocking twist!

Six teens go to what they think is a scholarship dinner, only to find out they've been trapped in a room with a bomb and a syringe — and a note telling them they have an hour to choose someone to die, or they all do. From there, the story unfolds in alternating timelines, revealing the startling (and some might say, twisted) secrets each character is hiding, while they race
    Brendan (raggedbooks)
    Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019
    Thank you to the publisher for sending me this arc in exchange for a review!
    What do the queen bee, star athlete, valedictorian, stoner, loner, and music geekallhave in common? They wereallinvited to a scholarship dinner, only to discover it’s a trap. Someone has locked them into a room with a bomb, a syringe filled with poison, and a note saying they have an hour to pick someone to kill … or else everyone dies.
    This book was a fast-paced thriller that always kept me thinking every time I put it
    Kim
    Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: obsessions, fiction
    I received a beta copy of Diana Urban's "All Your Twisted Secrets" and I must say, what a page turner! From "the shelf," All Your Twisted Secrets interested me because I was looking for a thriller, but with some good character development. (It's so rare now or days to find good characters that are not commercialized into standard archetypes).

I can tell you it was exactly what I was looking for. I stayed up until 2 a.m. reading before I realized it was time to be a responsible adult and go to
    Karen Bullock
    Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    WOW!!!
    5 stars for this phenomenal young adult sensation that truly blew me away at the end.
    Teen angst; varying personalities that were so creatively built and melded into the perfect storm of chaos. High drama circles around a group of 6 students who are friends but not friends and how their lives mingle together.
    Underhanded and sneaky behavior run amok in this story that will cause several eye rolling moments and gasping at the audacity of one of the leading characters in the book.
    Rotating
    Sonia Hartl
    Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I was lucky enough to read an early version of this book, and it is one of my favorite mysteries ever! Told in alternating timelines, I was desperately trying to piece together the situation in the present by looking for clues in the past, and wow was I wrong! Everything you know to be true gets turned upside down when the reveal happens, and it has one of the most cleaver twists that left my jaw on the floor. If you love twisty thrillers, I can’t recommend this one enough.
    Claudia T.
    Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: thriller, young-adult
    If you loved One of Us Is Lying, read this, because you're going to love this EVEN MORE. I loved everything about this book... the voice, the writing, the pacing, jumping back and forth across timelines, and how everything wove together. And the ending was simply stunning. This is a MUST READ.
    The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
    I get a serious Breakfast Club vibe based on the characters in the synopsis. I think that this story will be very intense as they work together to survive. I can’t wait to find out how it all ends.
    Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

The Breakfast Club meets SAW.

PUT THIS IN MY EYEBALLS!! I NEED!!

Image result for yes please gif
    Wendy Heard
    Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    With mystery layered on intrigue layered on suspense, Urban delivers a fast-paced, unforgettable escape room thriller--a gripping debut.

When a group of teenagers arrives at a scholarship dinner, the door locks behind them, launching them into a harrowing hour that forces them to confront all the horrible things they've done and had done to them in high school. Flashbacks reveal the reasons we have to suspect them--and the reasons they have to mistrust each other. The book delivers incredibly
    Sanna
    Oct 07, 2019 marked it as unreleased  ·  review of another edition
    15 October 2019
    Ohh I really like the cover!! It’s cute... yeah cause that’s the perfect description for a cover of a thriller.
    **********
    7 October 2019
    What the hell? That description is INTENSE. I was like, alright, another ya com book. But then BOM, a ya thriller. That doesn’t happen very often, unless I’m just stupid or blind. Can I please get the book, like now or something?
    Annie Stone
    Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I read an early copy of this book and absolutely devoured it. All the best elements of a great YA thriller are here -- high stakes, great characters, and a fast pace that hooks you immediately and doesn't let go. Can't wait to share this one with friends once it's out!!
    Doris Raines
    THERE IS NO PERFECT MURDER. SOMEBODY ALL WAYS SEE YOU.
    « previous 1 3 4 next »

• Yes No Maybe So
    • The Shadows Between Us
    • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
    • Red Hood
    • He Started It
    • You Are Not Alone
    • Jane Anonymous
    • Foul Is Fair
    • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
    • Tweet Cute
    • Only Mostly Devastated
    • Safecracker
    • Clique Bait
    I’m Diana Urban, and I write dark, twisty thrillers for teens including All Your Twisted Secrets (HarperTeen, March 17th 2020). When I’m not torturing fictional characters, I’m a marketing manager at BookBub, a leading book discovery platform. Outside the bookish world, I live with my husband and cat in Boston, and enjoy reading, video games, fawning over cute animals, and looking at the beach ...more