Start by marking “SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE UNHOLY TRINITY a gripping mystery inspired by the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (The Odyssey of Sherlock Holmes Book 1)” as Want to Read:

A BRAND NEW SHERLOCK HOLMES MYSTERY

If you love Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s original, you’ll love this gripping new tale from the world of Sherlock Holmes.

PRAISE FOR PAUL D. GILBERT’S SHERLOCK HOLMES BOOKS

Gilbert has brought Sherlock back to life, with a believable reproduction of dialogue, behaviour and action.” Crime Review

“Gilbert delivers an atmospheric and
Published September 23rd 2019 by Joffe Books (first published June 30th 2015)

Be the first to ask a question about SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE UNHOLY TRINITY a gripping mystery inspired by the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Start your review of SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE UNHOLY TRINITY a gripping mystery inspired by the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (The Odyssey of Sherlock Holmes Book 1)
Jackie Gill
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this incredible story.....Wow! this has twists and turns throughout, with an unexpected twist at the end. Paul D Gilbert has managed to get under the skin of Sir ACD with the voice of the late, great Jeremy Brett. The wonderful descriptive writing creates an amazing atmosphere of Victorian London and Mr Gilbert has managed to further bring to life Rome and Egypt as in this story Holmes and Watson have to travel a lot more than usual.

I won't give too much away, but the story starts
Thomas
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark times

Holmes and Watson are drawn into a very Illumanati-esque adventure, leaving London for Rome then Egypt and back to London to thwart a conspiracy that could encompass the globe. Gilbert captures the era and Watson's narrative style.Check it out.
Pete
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fifth Sherlock Holmes book by the ever readable Paul D Gilbert.
Sherlock Holmes and the stalwart Doctor Watson embark on an odyssey of detection, which leads to intrigue and murder in The Vatican and deadly danger in The Land Of The Pharoahs, Egypt.

Does the solution to the mystery of The Unholy Trinity lie in these far-flung places, or is the truth to be found closer to home?
Wonderfully evocative of the classic Granada TV series starring the late, great Jeremy Brett and David Burke
Geoff Ledner
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Unholy Trinity.

I was not too sure if I had opened the wrong book on my Kindle, as about a third the story through, I thought I could have been reading The Da Vinci Code again. An enjoyable read though.
Jc
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sorry Mr. Gilbert, but this one just did not measure up to your previous work. The plot seems forced and formulaic. The characters, including the intrepid two, are poorly written, and the large number of "put-Sherlockian-reference-here" plugs do not flow naturally with the story. The understanding of religions, history, and social issues, all seem based on research no deeper than a quick library read, or maybe some work on Wikipedia. I know this author can do better, and I look forward to his ...more
Michael D Keen
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this one

I was not sure what to expect when I started this book, but it turned out to be a novel that I could not put down. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a good mystery.
Narrell
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Beware of the dangers of interfering with matters that are surely no concern of yours, Mr Holmes!"
So begins another adventure for Sherlock Holmes and his trusted companion Dr Watson. This book kept me engrossed that I read it within one day.....
Melody Kitchens
Richard Farley
Aug 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Darkened Village: A Sherlock Holmes Adventure
  • The Adventure of the Missing Better Half: A New Sherlock Holmes Mystery (New Sherlock Holmes Mysteries Book 38)
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Colours at Waterloo and Other Stories (Cases of Singular Interest #6)
  • Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe
  • The Inequality of Mercy: A New Sherlock Holmes Mystery (New Sherlock Holmes Mysteries Book 39)
  • Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Crippen: The North London Cellar murder (the 'crime of the century') as recorded by Dr. John H. Watson
  • The Long Sleep: A Weird Sherlock Holmes Adventure
  • Murder in Keswick: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery
  • A Sherlock Holmes Alphabet of Cases, Volume 2 (Sherlock Alphabet)
  • The Three Rhodes Not Taken (New Sherlock Holmes Mysteries Book 19)
  • A Sherlock Holmes Alphabet of Cases: Volume 1
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Undead Client: Being Book One of the Unpublished Case Files of John H. Watson, MD
  • Sherlock Holmes in A Reflection of Evil
  • Sherlock Holmes: Vigor the Hammersmith Wonder and Other Stories (Cases of Singular Interest #5)
  • Sherlock Holmes: and the Mystery of the Broken Window