Start by marking “Good Girls (Arcadia High Anarchists Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Good Girls (Arcadia High Anarchists Book 1)

Good Girls

(Arcadia High Anarchists #1)

Boys versus girls. Those who have it all versus those who’d do anything to get it.

Caught between two worlds, I no longer know who I am.

I was one of the Chosen. Four girls, and four boys, destined to have it all: wealth, status, and a future. Now, I find myself on the other side looking for a way back in.

My father’s criminal case meant we lost it all. Forced out of
Published July 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Good Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Girls

Start your review of Good Girls (Arcadia High Anarchists Book 1)
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Lacey is one of the Chosen. She's wealthy, privileged, admired, and part of the popular crowd. That is until her family's status takes a tumble after her father is arrested for unwittingly taking part in illegal activities. Their fortune is taken from them leaving them no choice but to move from their lavish apartment in the city to a modest residence in the country.

With her old friends shunning her and the kids at her new school bullying her, Lacey feels all alone in the world. Even the
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
I'm in the minority here under a huge cloud of high ratings. So it could well be it's me and not the book. My non rating has no reflection on the author whatsoever. I really tried to like this adding that it comes from a new to me author too but I just didn’t connect with the heroine at all and it took it away from enjoying this story.
Irma
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧?
Tuck asks quietly.
“𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠.”
I drop my head to the steering wheel.
“𝐈 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦,”
He chuckles before adding on a whisper,
“𝐀𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥.”

Cute. Innocently angsty. As the story progressed, Lacey grew on me in big waves. The cliffhanger was enough of a tease to grab a hold of me. I'll reading Bad Boys today!
Beneath The Covers Blog
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Lisa Staples
Straight up? This story blew me away and has left me strung out like a an addict jonesing for a fix!
I'm by no means a huge fan of YA/NA reads, but when it's Max Henry at the helm then I'm always up for anything, so picking up this book was a no-brainer for me.

What I didn't expect was to have my emotions and allegiances tossed around like a cork in a washing machine, making me question just who are the heroes and villains in this story!

When Lacey Williams' father takes the fall for his dodgy
Karen
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a little scattered story wise...it was hard to get behind the h as she started out entitled. I do like Tuck. As the country people started being decent our h had to deal with another faction. Cliffhanger.
Hate em.
Robyn Corcoran
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, just, wow! After reading this incredible book I needed to sit back and take a big breath! YA isn’t generally my favourite genre but this story is so amazing I literally couldn’t put it down.

Good Girls is the story of Lacey Williams, her family and her life as a nearly seventeen year old. Told from her perspective it gives us a deep insight into her character as well as her growth, and boy does she change.

Leaving the rich life at Riverbourne and moving to Arcadia High was not only a culture
Natalie Miernicki
I loved this book... so excited that it's set in my home country New Zealand, it makes the story all the more real. This is the story of a wealthy city family disgraced and starting over in the rural countryside town of Arcadia. We see their two teenage kids, Colt and Lacey try and navigate a new high school where they are not the popular kids they're used to being... so many secrets and lies, who can they trust even their own family members are keeping huge secrets that could tear them apart. I ...more
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
What I love most about a Max Henry book is I never know what the FLIP is going to happen! I go in with no expectations and I try to not guess the outcome because I’m slammed EVERY SINGLE TIME! I’m reeling right now for Lacey! She has no one in her corner and the ones who could be can’t be! I want to jump Into the pages and slap her whole family! Omg I can’t wait to see what Max has up her sleeve with the next book!
Reading with 2 book lovers
This was a good story it sucked me right in and i didnt wsnt to put it down
Coco.V
Dec 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (12/18/2019)! ...more
D.L. Gallie
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book hooked me from page one, and when it finished, I wanted more
❤️Melanie G.
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness...this book took me by surprise and I loved it. Lacey shows strength in the worst of circumstances and continues to grow strong while going against her family and so called friends. This book is filled with drama and rich kid antics/hell rich adult antics also. Excited for the next book.
Everything Bookish  Blog
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun and gripping

A fun and gripping adventure. Layered with twists and mystery that had me on the edge of my seat unable to put the book down. The characters are entertaining and sassy. A look inside what’s expected and how it feels to push for more.
ANNE but not Hathaway
I did not expect this upcoming high school/academy-bully romance series to slay me the way it did!

This is the first book in the series, which centers around the heroine's (Lacey) family's downfall and them starting a new life outside the city.

Lacey, with all her flaws and wrong doings, is a strong kind of heroine. She portrayed a spiteful, spoiled rich kid in the premise of the story. I hated her. I want to strangle her. But you know what? She redeemed herself. The changes in her character is
Renee
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the publsher/author to review.

Caught between two worlds, I no longer know who I am. I was one of the Chosen. Four girls, and four boys, destined to have it all: wealth, status, and a furture. Now I find myself on the other side looking for a way back in. My father's criminal case meat we lost it all. Forced out of our home, our life, we started anew in a sweet country town call Arcadia. Except after one day as "the new girl" I know there isn't a single sweet
Marnie
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
H-O-L-Y___C-R-A-P what a story!

I've just finished Good Girls, and H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P what a story!!! I'm gutted I have to wait until August for the next one.

I’ve only read a couple of other YA Bully romances because in general they’re not my thing. But like the others, I’ll read everything that an author of Max Henry’s calibre has written, even if it is outside of my usual. And, I absolutely enjoyed it!!!

In this book, Lacey really is a product of her environment, of her mother’s influence, and
Lozz
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Siblings Colt and Lacy live a life of privilege and wealth in the city. Attending one of the most prestigious schools. Lacy in particular, is being groomed from a young age by her socially ambitious Mother, to marry into wealth. All of this goes pear shaped when the Williams siblings father carry’s the weight finical burden when his investment company goes belly up. Thus the family has to downsize moving to the quieter country town of Arcadia. Or so they thought. Once Colt and Lace start at ...more
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“Good girl, Lacey Williams. Always does what she’s told and what’s expected of her. Well, not anymore.”

Pretentious, vain and self centred The Chosen are the Elite of the school, offspring to the wealthy and untouchable.... until you have fallen from grace. After a criminal conviction sees the Williams lose a substantial amount of their money Lacey and Colt find themselves relocated for a fresh start in the country. Trying to secure their thrones in their new school proved more difficult than
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
I love a good high school bully romance and this series is off to a great start! Lacey went from being on of the “Chosen” elite living in a life full of entitlement and riches to suddenly losing it all after her father is used as scape goat for some nefarious business dealings. This pampered girl and her brother, Colt find themselves uprooted from the city to start the school year at Arcadia high - a rural school. Of course the transition is anything, but easy and the author does a great job ...more
Cecilia
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rh
So, they say within the first 3 chapters you know if you like a book or not.And, for literary agents thats what they typically ask for. So, I would give it a 2* but bumped it up to a 3 because she's a new author and maybe the second book might be better. that happens a lot of the time.

In the first 3 chapters, I didn't love the book and ended up skimming it.
I do enjoy bully romance type books. But, not when the bully goes overbored, boarding on sexual assault. This one doesn't at least.
But, you
Payne’s Bookworm Reviews (Samantha Payne)
When Lacey Williams' world is turned upside down with her father being used as an escape goat to take the fall for his dodgy business partners, and the family loses it's prestigious Social position along with all their money, the family have to move to the country town Arcadia. Everything she knew about being a proper lady and adequate isn’t going to get her by in this town, there is no Gucci boots on these girls feet only RM Williams. Wanting to secure her status as the elite of the new school, ...more
bee.
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Girls by Max Henry is a YA... I'm not sure if I'd class it as romance because there's only the beginning of something later in the book.

Good Girls is about Lacey and her family's fall from grace. Lacey is a rich girl, all about the prestige and namesake her family has bequeathed her.
Wealth, prestige and the expectation to become a trophy wife to the elite 'Chosen' group is all she's interested in, until her father is arrested and the family is forced to move to Arcadia in shame.

The book
Maria Hunt
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Girls was definitely not what I was expecting when I first dove into it. Honestly, I didn't anticipate being swept away by this addictive pageturner. Until Good Girls I had steered clear of bully romances but after this amazing intro to what promises to be a captivating series I am anxiously looking forward to more!

Lacey was one of those characters that snuck up on me when I least expected her. I initially didn't like her too much yet she slowly redeemed herself. In the midst of all the
Fay (Funkybooklover78) Moore
Well where do I start ...

Lacey had it all... money power and adoration at her prestigious school..
Until her father gets caught in a scandal.. and being the only member of the board that has a conscience.. he uses his own money to pay the victims back... this leaves the family with no job.. money or home
So they move ... they downsize
And start all over again

New town
New school
And poor

Lacey’s brother Colt is a bit of a dick if I’m honest, he believes men of power is where he’s at and mere women
Naughty Mom Story Time

I am a Max Henry fan and I absolutely LOVED her last release. I’m just not sure if it’s my state of mind or the story, but I can’t seem to connect with Lacey. At. All.

I get that the story is supposed to be about bullying but I’m at 50% and though she’s having a rough go with her family’s situation and adjusting to a new school I’m not seeing it. All I’m getting from her is non stop whining about how she was raised in wealth and can’t stand having to adjust life without all that luxury
Sonal
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caught between two worlds, Lacey is going through a identity crisis. Being an outcast is not something she anticipated but after her father's criminal case it was inevitable. Now, she has to navigate her new life between a town full of secrets and the students of Arcadia High.

This book was so unexpected, I almost forgot myself my the end of it.

I don't wanna give any hints as this book should be enjoyed going in blind so I'll be pretty vague.

I'm new to reading bully romances and honestly 90%
Hanan
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am way over the age of 16/17yr old.
But I throughly enjoyed this book.
Good Girls is Lacey Williams story of family,school and social statues.
It’s told from her point of view.
So I really got to learn and know her very well.
The growth from where she started in the beginning of the book till the end.
And that girl did grow up and learned she had a voice.
Lacey went from rich popular to poor and picked on.
Whether rich or poor whatever social status kids belong there will always be those who bully and
Lisa Hill
I’m really not sure where I sit with this book. It was easy enough to read; I enjoy the writers style and have read her books before. But there was no real ‘meat on the bones’ to this book, especially when considering her last release as comparison.

It’s a YA/NA high school bully kind of romance. City folks who are disgraced and have to move to the country to start again. The clash of cultures and lifestyles is all there. The characters from the city are shallow and two dimensional; perhaps that
Donna
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Where do I begin to write a review when I really don't know, what I feel for a book that was left up in the air. Where I was left confused and angry. This book was more of a lead up to build towards the finale, I believe we will receive with the books to come.

The characters are all really good. And the story was good and I know will be amazing when all the secrets come to light. I can't say too much as this is a story that need to unravel for the reader. I know this is just me sulking because I
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tormented: A Dark High School Bully Romance (Elginvale High #1)
  • The Burn (Diamond Lake #1)
  • Lost Boys (Slateview High, #1)
  • UNLoved  (Bay Falls High #2)
  • UNTouched (Bay Falls High, #1)
  • When Rivals Fall (Bayshore Rivals #1)
  • Reckless Hate (Westbrook Blues, #1)
  • Tormented Part 2: A Dark High School Bully Romance (Elginvale High #2)
  • Broken (Evergreen Academy #2)
  • Winter: A High School Bully Romance (Sunset Beach High, #2)
  • Cruel Boys (Blossom High #1)
  • Reckless Rules (The Elites of Weis-Jameson Prep Academy #1)
  • Break Me, Baby (Silver Creek High #1)
  • Ever Lost (Lost Boys of Neverly Prep #1)
  • UNTamed (Bay Falls High #3)
  • Dark Ties (Broken Saints Society #1)
  • Spring: A High School Bully Romance (Sunset Beach High Book 3)
  • Irrepairable (Pinnacle Heirs Book 1)
Facebook -> http://bit.ly/2F4XrG3
Instagram -> http://bit.ly/2ruERF3
Newsletter -> http://eepurl.com/gchq5z

For as long as she can remember, Max has always had a love of the macabre and thought provoking side to life.

Which probably stands to reason why each of her books takes the reader on an emotional journey that not only promises twists, turns, and suspense but a heart-wrenching journey

Arcadia High Anarchists (4 books)
  • Bad Boys (Arcadia High Anarchists, #2)
  • Rich Riot (Arcadia High Anarchists, #3)
  • Loyal Love (Arcadia High Anarchists, #4)