Start by marking “Good Girls (Arcadia High Anarchists Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Good Girls (Arcadia High Anarchists Book 1)

Good Girls

(Arcadia High Anarchists #1)

Boys versus girls. Those who have it all versus those who’d do anything to get it.

Caught between two worlds, I no longer know who I am.

I was one of the Chosen. Four girls, and four boys, destined to have it all: wealth, status, and a future. Now, I find myself on the other side looking for a way back in.

My father’s criminal case meant we lost it all. Forced out of ou
Published July 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Good Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Girls

Start your review of Good Girls (Arcadia High Anarchists Book 1)
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Lacey is one of the Chosen. She's wealthy, privileged, admired, and part of the popular crowd. That is until her family's status takes a tumble after her father is arrested for unwittingly taking part in illegal activities. Their fortune is taken from them leaving them no choice but to move from their lavish apartment in the city to a modest residence in the country.

With her old friends shunning her and the kids at her new school bullying her, Lacey feels all alone in the world. Even the brothe
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
I'm in the minority here under a huge cloud of high ratings. So it could well be it's me and not the book. My non rating has no reflection on the author whatsoever. I really tried to like this adding that it comes from a new to me author too but I just didn’t connect with the heroine at all and it took it away from enjoying this story.
Irma
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧?
Tuck asks quietly.
“𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠.”
I drop my head to the steering wheel.
“𝐈 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦,”
He chuckles before adding on a whisper,
“𝐀𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥.”

Cute. Innocently angsty. As the story progressed, Lacey grew on me in big waves. The cliffhanger was enough of a tease to grab a hold of me. I'll reading Bad Boys today!
Beneath The Covers Blog
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Lisa Staples
Straight up? This story blew me away and has left me strung out like a an addict jonesing for a fix!
I'm by no means a huge fan of YA/NA reads, but when it's Max Henry at the helm then I'm always up for anything, so picking up this book was a no-brainer for me.

What I didn't expect was to have my emotions and allegiances tossed around like a cork in a washing machine, making me question just who are the heroes and villains in this story!

When Lacey Williams' father takes the fall for his dodgy busi
Robyn Corcoran
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, just, wow! After reading this incredible book I needed to sit back and take a big breath! YA isn’t generally my favourite genre but this story is so amazing I literally couldn’t put it down.

Good Girls is the story of Lacey Williams, her family and her life as a nearly seventeen year old. Told from her perspective it gives us a deep insight into her character as well as her growth, and boy does she change.

Leaving the rich life at Riverbourne and moving to Arcadia High was not only a culture
Karen
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a little scattered story wise...it was hard to get behind the h as she started out entitled. I do like Tuck. As the country people started being decent our h had to deal with another faction. Cliffhanger.
Hate em.
Michelle K
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This entire series is 5/5 stars. I’d give it way more if I could! It is incredibly captivating. This book, book 1, is off with a bang right from the start! It’s definitely a series that requires you to read the books in order and definitely expect cliffhangers. It’s so good! It had me reaching for book 2 immediately. I highly recommend it.
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
I love a good high school bully romance and this series is off to a great start! Lacey went from being on of the “Chosen” elite living in a life full of entitlement and riches to suddenly losing it all after her father is used as scape goat for some nefarious business dealings. This pampered girl and her brother, Colt find themselves uprooted from the city to start the school year at Arcadia high - a rural school. Of course the transition is anything, but easy and the author does a great job ill ...more
Natalie Miernicki
I loved this book... so excited that it's set in my home country New Zealand, it makes the story all the more real. This is the story of a wealthy city family disgraced and starting over in the rural countryside town of Arcadia. We see their two teenage kids, Colt and Lacey try and navigate a new high school where they are not the popular kids they're used to being... so many secrets and lies, who can they trust even their own family members are keeping huge secrets that could tear them apart. I ...more
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
What I love most about a Max Henry book is I never know what the FLIP is going to happen! I go in with no expectations and I try to not guess the outcome because I’m slammed EVERY SINGLE TIME! I’m reeling right now for Lacey! She has no one in her corner and the ones who could be can’t be! I want to jump Into the pages and slap her whole family! Omg I can’t wait to see what Max has up her sleeve with the next book!
❤️Melanie G.
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness...this book took me by surprise and I loved it. Lacey shows strength in the worst of circumstances and continues to grow strong while going against her family and so called friends. This book is filled with drama and rich kid antics/hell rich adult antics also. Excited for the next book.
Everything Bookish  Blog
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun and gripping

A fun and gripping adventure. Layered with twists and mystery that had me on the edge of my seat unable to put the book down. The characters are entertaining and sassy. A look inside what’s expected and how it feels to push for more.
D.L. Gallie
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book hooked me from page one, and when it finished, I wanted more
Reading with 2 book lovers
This was a good story it sucked me right in and i didnt wsnt to put it down
Coco.V
Dec 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/18/2019)! 🎁
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

After her father got arrested for fraud, Lacey's family had to leave their rich lifestyle in the city and move to Arcadia... a place that is definitely not city if the people riding horses in the streets are anything to go by. Starting school at a new place is super hard, but when you don't fit in that makes it a bit more difficult, and Lacey doesn't fit in. Just like every school, there is that one group of people that rule the school, and they have made it their mis
Jennifer Pierson
Good Girls is about a girl named Lacey whose world was turned upside down after her father got into trouble.  She used to be one of the Chosen at her old school, but at her new school, well, after the first day the bullying began.  So, she's at a new school with no friends & old friends ignoring her back home, with a family who are all doing their own thing (& miserable) leaving her to feel all alone in the world.  Within a couple of months into their new normal, a huge twist shakes everything u ...more
Charli Jeffries
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Heels and the Country don't mix.

Solid 4 star read. I am intrigued by the secrets and lies that Lacey's family is hiding. The poor FMC is the only one who doesn't know! Tuck is a strong male lead and I'm looking forward to reading more about Tuck and Lacey.
BookLover89
Dec 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF at 18%.

One reason is it’s just kind of all over the place.
But I was going to try & continue on until I realized from reviews this is not an RH. This series popped up on Amazon under Reverse Harem but it’s not. So I quit reading.
Desirae Bailey
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book!!

Different from my usual read but it was a great book. Lacey and Tuck are great MCs. I loved reading about Laceys transformation. The whole series is great
Barbara Harrower
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
•DeliciouslyDirtyAnne•
I did not expect this upcoming high school/academy-bully romance series to slay me the way it did!

This is the first book in the series, which centers around the heroine's (Lacey) family's downfall and them starting a new life outside the city.

Lacey, with all her flaws and wrong doings, is a strong kind of heroine. She portrayed a spiteful, spoiled rich kid in the premise of the story. I hated her. I want to strangle her. But you know what? She redeemed herself. The changes in her character is n
Sonya
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Something different

I really enjoyed this book, it’s been a lot different to what expected. The characters give way to some strong stubborn personalities. There a lot of mysteries and dark secrets to cover and that’s what has me so invested in series from this very first book. I can’t wait for next book ‘bad boys’
Reina Brouwers
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This was my first time reading a book by Max Henry. I truly enjoyed this story and can't wait to see what happens next.
Renee
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the publsher/author to review.

Caught between two worlds, I no longer know who I am. I was one of the Chosen. Four girls, and four boys, destined to have it all: wealth, status, and a furture. Now I find myself on the other side looking for a way back in. My father's criminal case meat we lost it all. Forced out of our home, our life, we started anew in a sweet country town call Arcadia. Except after one day as "the new girl" I know there isn't a single sweet t
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“Good girl, Lacey Williams. Always does what she’s told and what’s expected of her. Well, not anymore.”

Pretentious, vain and self centred The Chosen are the Elite of the school, offspring to the wealthy and untouchable.... until you have fallen from grace. After a criminal conviction sees the Williams lose a substantial amount of their money Lacey and Colt find themselves relocated for a fresh start in the country. Trying to secure their thrones in their new school proved more difficult than exp
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Max Henry is a new to me author, but I have been hearing about her books for awhile now from fellow book lovers. The moment I came across this book and read this blurb I thought it would be the perfect introduction into her writing style.

Lacey Williams is a strong leading lady with her own flaws and to be honest I didn't really love her in the beginning, but she managed to slowly redeem herself in my eyes throughout the course of this story. Tuc
Marnie
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🌟🌟🌟 H-O-L-Y___C-R-A-P what a story! 🌟🌟🌟

I've just finished Good Girls, and H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P what a story!!! I'm gutted I have to wait until August for the next one.

I’ve only read a couple of other YA Bully romances because in general they’re not my thing. But like the others, I’ll read everything that an author of Max Henry’s calibre has written, even if it is outside of my usual. And, I absolutely enjoyed it!!!

In this book, Lacey really is a product of her environment, of her mother’s influence,
Payne’s Bookworm Reviews (Samantha Payne)
When Lacey Williams' world is turned upside down with her father being used as an escape goat to take the fall for his dodgy business partners, and the family loses it's prestigious Social position along with all their money, the family have to move to the country town Arcadia. Everything she knew about being a proper lady and adequate isn’t going to get her by in this town, there is no Gucci boots on these girls feet only RM Williams. Wanting to secure her status as the elite of the new school, ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Tormented (Elginvale High #1)
  • Surviving Carson
  • Hidden Creek Love (Hidden Creek High #2)
  • Defiance Falls
  • Hidden Creek Darkness (Hidden Creek High #3)
  • Mason (Trinity Academy Book 2)
  • Payback (Kings of Mercia Academy #4)
  • Hidden Creek Forever (Hidden Creek High #4)
  • The Burn (Diamond Lake #1)
  • Rock On (The Rockstars of Hollywood Hill #1)
  • Burnout
  • Cruel Games (Knights of Templar Academy #1)
  • Untouched (Bay Falls High, #1)
  • Tormented Part II (Elginvale High #2)
  • Unloved  (Bay Falls High #2)
  • The Risk (Kings of Linwood Academy #3)
  • Holy Trinity (Trinity High, #1)
  • Break Me, Baby (Silver Creek High #1)
Facebook -> http://bit.ly/2F4XrG3
Instagram -> http://bit.ly/2ruERF3
Newsletter -> http://eepurl.com/gchq5z

For as long as she can remember, Max has always had a love of the macabre and thought provoking side to life.

Which probably stands to reason why each of her books takes the reader on an emotional journey that not only promises twists, turns, and suspense but a heart-wrenching journey where her

Arcadia High Anarchists (5 books)
  • Bad Boys (Arcadia High Anarchists #2)
  • Rich Riot: A High School Bully Romance (Arcadia High Anarchists Book 3)
  • Loyal Love (Arcadia High Anarchists, #4)
  • Done Deal (Arcadia High Anarchists #5)