Start by marking “Bad Moon on the Rise (Six-Gun Shifters #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Moon on the Rise (Six-Gun Shifters #1)

Bad Moon on the Rise

(Six-Gun Shifters #1)

From the world of The Twenty-Sided Sorceress comes a bold new Urban Fantasy series!

Tiger-shifter. Bounty hunter. Vigilante for hire.
Kira Jones solves her problems with a big gun and she rarely has the same problem twice. But as Kira's friends often joke, eventually she'll run into a situation she can't solve with a gun. Maybe sooner than later...

This is the first book in t
Published November 30th 2020 by Doomed Muse Press

To ask other readers questions about Bad Moon on the Rise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Moon on the Rise

Start your review of Bad Moon on the Rise (Six-Gun Shifters #1)
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

Not as Super Extra Scrumptiously Entertaining (SESE™) as my girlfriend Jade Crow's shenanigans (of which this series is a spin-off, just so you know and stuff), but somewhat quite slightly very fun none the less.

Also, older-than-me (I kid you not) kickass gay Russian shifter assassin MC =

Also also, siamese shifter sidekicks for the win!

👋 To be continued and stuff.
Chris
Feb 25, 2021 rated it liked it
This is the pretty good beginning of a series spun off from a minor character (a tiger shifter) in the Twenty-Sided Sorceress series.
Marsha
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
After reading the synopsis for “Bad Moon on the Rise” I found myself intrigued enough to pick up the book. I’ve also seen Anne Bellet’s name around for years but never had the pleasure to read one of her books before now. Well, I must say that I was impressed.

Kira Jones is a tiger shifter as well a gun for hire. She travels around in a trailer with her best friends a set of shifter conjoined twins Cora and Alma and a mysterious man name Jaq who has several unique talents including going unnotice
Jeanny
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
2 stars. I lost interest midway 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think it was just the story not the world or writing. I did feel a little lost with the character background or characters brought up iat times.

Disclaimer: My score may have been impacted by the fact this is a spin-off & I didn’t follow the original The Twenty-Sided Sorceress urban fantasy series. I thought I’d give it a try anyway being it is advertised as a stand alone.
Sara Oxton
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bad Moon on the Rise by Annie Bellet a five-star read that shows us the rise of this amazing new series. The Six-Gun shifter series shows us a glimpse into the Twenty-Sided Sorceress series a series I really was not ready to let go of, so I am happy to have a taste but a new side of the story. Kira Jones is so Kick (insert word not allowed here). This one started a little slowly, but with all the character building and background to fill that is hardly surprising, and to be honest it was most li ...more
Shawna Kissell
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A new bad !@@ protagonist

Annie Bellet writes the story of Aleksei's sister, a shifter as chaotically neutral as Alek was lawful. She was a little harder to root for because she has no cuddly aspects initially, but my enjoyment of her increased as she became more invested in her targets. She is a "fixer" but as she describes "tigers are essentially lazy", she focuses on humans who have problems that the legal system wont solve. She draws the line at shifters, then finds herself having agreed to
Kat Klein
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Kira is Aleksei's sister, from 20 sided sorceress. And I loved Jade and Aleks, from 20 sided sorceress, so I was really looking forward to finding out more about Kira. She calls herself a "fixer", which basically seems to boil down to a hitman for people who have a problem the police can't or won't solve. This is very different from Aleks, who is essentially very lawfully oriented, especially initially.

When Kira's tech team, a set of conjoined shifter twins named Cora and Alma urge her to take o
Mary
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
looking forward to what’s next

This was sharply written, with lots of action, a fascinating setup and team, and a very strong central character. More gunslinger for hire than angsty urban fantasy like its parent series, The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, which is also well worth reading.
Ilana Sprongl
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun read

I enjoyed this book. Interesting shifters, pop culture references, fast paced story, and well written. Can’t ask for more than that when looking for an evening’s entertainment.
Ronald Manley
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story great dialog will defiantly read the next book.
Maggie Mcdonald
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new series set in a world I love
Corliss O'Bryan
Dec 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Set in the 20 sided sorceress world. Was a good intro to the characters I think, will definitely read the next one
Leanne
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great quick read

super Fun to learn more about Kira, and her friends. I look forward to reading more adventures about them all!
Michael
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Liked it

This is exactly the kind of book I like to read. Suspense. Drama. Shifters. Good story line. I would recommend this book. Can’t wait for book two
David Nabors
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another homerun!

Fantastic story, the author never fails to entertain and engage the imagination. I felt like I was there watching the story unfold!
Aiga
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I chose to read this one because it's a spinoff from the Twenty-sided sorceress series.

Overall, I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind more from this group of hired mercenaries with some morals lol
Polly
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this start to a brand new series! What a cast of characters!
Kat
Alex
Dec 06, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection
  • War Song (The Rift Chronicles, #2)
  • Hell's Spells (Ordinary Magic #6)
  • Wayward Souls (Souls of the Road #1)
  • Calculated Risks (InCryptid, #10)
  • Blood Heir (Aurelia Ryder, #1)
  • Moment of Truth (The Potentate of Atlanta #5)
  • The Noose of a New Moon (Wolfbrand #1)
  • Magic Misled (Lizzie Grace, #7)
  • Magitek (The Rift Chronicles, #1)
  • Fate Actually (Moonstone Cove, #2)
  • Midnight Smoke (Firebrand, #3)
  • Secrets of the Sword 1 (Death Before Dragons #7)
  • Proof of Life (The Potentate of Atlanta, #4)
  • Magical Midlife Love (Leveling Up, #4)
  • Wild Sign (Alpha & Omega, #6)
  • Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand, #2)
  • Threshold of Annihilation (The Firebird Chronicles, #3)
Annie Bellet is a full-time speculative fiction writer. She holds a BA in English and a BA in Medieval Studies and thus can speak a smattering of useful languages such as Anglo-Saxon and Medieval Welsh.

Her books include Avarice (Pyrrh Considerable Crimes Division: Book 1), The Gryphonpike Chronicles series, and the Twenty-Sided Sorceress series.

Her interests besides writing include rock climbing,