Start by marking “Playing to Win (Ice Kings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Playing to Win (Ice Kings, #1)

Playing to Win

(Ice Kings #1)

It was a three-week fling. Nothing more than a couple of college kids having some fun, but then I did the stupid thing and fell for Jude Taylor quicker than he can score a goal on the ice. And after one beautiful night together, he left for the pros before I could make my first cup of coffee.

I thought I’d put him behind me. I thought I’d moved on. Then he hobbles into my
1st edition
Published February 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Playing to Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing to Win

Start your review of Playing to Win (Ice Kings, #1)
Jessica
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say I love hockey romance stories? Because I do. So much.
This one was a bit different since Jude is currently injured and obviously not playing right now. Bummer. I love some good hockey scenes.
His coach and his brother/teammate sent him home to Chicago to heal.
But then he sees her again.
The one who got away.
Katie.
Can these two get together again???
Is it a forbidden romance???
Hmmm... guess you’ll have to read this one to find out.

I thought this book was well thought out and well
Mira Lyn Kelly
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sexy and fun with all the feels, PLAYING TO WIN is an awesome read from start to finish! Loved it!!
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Playing to Win by Stacey Lynn
“Second chance, 4 stars”

Kate and Jude have a past. He worked hard once upon a time to get her. Then thanks to a good ol’ misunderstanding they go their separate ways. Now after a chance run in, he wants answers but more than that he wants a second chance. His life is up in the air and Kate is all about stability. Will he be able to convince her to give him another shot?
I adore a good second chance romance. Jude and Kate just worked together. If you love a good hockey
Dora Koutsoukou
3 s

Very easy and safe sports romance read with likeable characters. It was well written and had a good pace, yet I wasn’t thrilled. It was lethargic, no angst, no twists.
It is a nice read if you want to unwind and take a break.
Cee Cee Houston
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quietly emotional, sweetly sexy and fun story.

Playing to Win is the first book in the ‘Ice Kings’ series by Stacey Lynn. It’s a hockey romance if you haven’t guessed from the title, lol. This is Jude Taylor and Katie Carter’s story. Jude and Katie knew each other in college, they had one hot night together- then the next morning, he was gone.
Now, five years later, Jude is a right winger for the Carolina Ice Kings and has been seriously injured during a recent game. He’s sent to his hometown to
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nothing could have prepared Kate for the moment he wandered back into her life, the rush of feelings his presence brings, the hurt in her heart, or the weak feeling in her knees. Jude Taylor was and is the only man to every make her feel this way, their fling back in college lit something within her that hasn't dimmed in all the years since. If it's even possible he is more gorgeous now then he was back then, and definitely more dangerous for her heart too!

Her head keeps telling her not to get
Megan
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great start to a new series! Second chance romances and hockey romances are one of my favorites and this was both. It was a great fast read with no unnecessary drama!! Can’t wait for the next book!

Was given an arc for an honest review
Danielle Cordsen

Playing to win
By: Stacey Lynn

Can he be everything she craves?

In the first book in the Ice Kings series we meet hockey stud Jude Taylor who’s on the injured and mad at the world list especially at the jerk who body checked him causing a concussion and a torn ACL. When his couch send him back to his home town to rehab he’s worried he won’t get signed for another 5 years if he doesn’t heal properly. Then he gets lucky and is rehabbing were the girl who got away is a physical therapist. She has the
Erin Lewis
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Star Review Playing To Win (Ice Kings #1) by Stacey Lynn

Stacey Lynn is a relatively new author to me. This is a second chance at love story which I quickly became invested in. and from what I read, I am excited to read more in this series.

Years ago, Jude Taylor left Katie after a miss-understanding to pursue a professional hockey career. When injury sidelines him, he returns home to recover. He is shocked when he finds Katie at the physical therapy office. Could this be fate’s way of
Jeeves Reads Romance
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I just want to read a good low angst, sexy book with characters I can root for - and this definitely satisfied that craving. It's light, quick, and a lot less emotional than most second chance romances. In fact, the only thing that bumps this down to 4 stars for me is just how easily these two work out an issue that separated them for 5 years. Had there been a little more tension, a little more depth, I would've given this 5 stars without thinking twice.

The story follows Jude, a pro
Nadine Bookaholic
A wonderful start to the series!

What does it mean when you have a three-week fling with someone in college and still can't get them out of your thoughts years later? What happens when that someone walks into the place you work and the sparks are still there and they aren't one sided? Well, I'll tell you, it makes for one hell of a spicy second-chance romance!

You can read my full review along with an Excerpt HERE

Playing to Win by Stacey Lynn

**I have voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy of this book for my Blog,
H.J. Bellus
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Playing to win WON my heart. I was hooked from the opening scene and felt for Katie. I was rooting for the second chance right away.

The chemistry is off the charts between Jude and Katie! I found myself rooting for both of them. The connection wasn’t easy as Katie made Jude work for it.

The whole combo of Jude being injured added to the whole dynamic of the book.

Stacey Lynn knocked this sweet and sexy book out of the park!
Amy Dickinson
Overall Grade:

Stacey Lynn’s Playing to Win is a story of second chances. It’s an admonishment to seek after love even when it’s scary and fraught with change. In a world when love seems lost at times, Stacey Lynn’s story hits the beats of our hearts that want and need love.

The story follows Jude and Katie. Jude is a professional NHL player who has become injured to the point of possible devastation to his career. In an effort to reset Jude’s mind, his manager sends him home to heal. Katie is a
Jackie Wright
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Playing to Win book 1 in the new Ice Kings Series.
If this book is anything to go by Stacey Lynn will have a hit series on her hands because Jude and Katie’s second chance romance is a great start to her new Ice Kings Series.
Katie and Jude have history, their time together may have been short but that didn’t stop it leaving a lasting impression on them both and now five years on Jude heads home to get over a bad injury and at the local physical therapy office he comes face to face
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Katie and Jude have a history, though it was brief, it was a time in both their lives that has stayed with them. Even after five years, they are both still thinking about each other. They live in different states, that is until Jude heads back to his home state and comes face to face with the woman he still thinks about.

I love a good second chance romance and add in hockey it is the perfect combination! Katie and Jude were both fantastic characters and had some amazing chemistry from the very
Jessica Alcazar
Holy dayuuuuuum , what a great story full of heart and hidden pockets of goodness!!

I’m pretty sure this is my absolutely favorite book by Stacey Lynn so far! This isn’t a new story by any means, but it was refreshing because the author doesn’t drag the conflict with a bunch of push/pull that some readers (okay, maybe just me) would want to poke their eyes out before reading LOL Kate and Jude faced the past head on and navigated thru the growth of their relationship. It wasn’t always easy, and
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Yes, Jude Taylor was definitely playing to win and Kate didn’t stand a chance. Stacy Lynn wrote a fun story about love found, love lost and then having to work to get it back again.

Jude had his work cut out for him and not only in Rehab. Yes, he’s back home in Chicago and not by his choice. He doesn’t want to be here. It only reminds him of the girl he lost. His Katie. Now, he has his mother hovering over him, old friends trying to get in touch with him. Rehab. There is only only thing good
Karen
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Irene

I really enjoyed Playing to Win by Stacey Lynn.

The storyline is entertaining from start to end, I enjoyed getting to know all the characters and I loved watching Kate and Jude get their second chance at love.

Overall, Playing to Win is a great start to the Ice Kings series, looking forward to reading more in the near future.

Download your copy today!
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2s8UrHO
Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/playingtowinstaceylynn
Apple Books:https://apple.co/35xyEqP
Nook:
The Book Lover
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book and I read it in one sitting! I can't wait to see what else comes out of this series!
Avidez Literaria
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
“After years of wanting this woman, years of loving her, I’ve finally won her, and it’s been the best damn victory I could ever have.”

Jude Taylor is a sensation in professional hockey. Famous, millionaire, the best player in the league. But a serious injury can put his career at risk. And end his legacy for good. Sent home by his coach, so he can recover both physically and mentally, with everything that is happening in his life right now, Chicago is the last place he would like to be sent.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Jude's been exiled back to Chicago for rehab on his ACL, and the only reason he's glad about it is because it means a possible second chance with the woman he still thinks about, the one who got away, his Katie. Thank God she's the physical therapist he's been assigned to! Except that second chance could cost Katie her career, so she's got to make a choice between love and her career.

Jude and Katie are a great couple once they give in and give themselves the second chance both of them wanted.
Amy Miller
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is Jude & Katie's story....

Jude is a professional NFL player. He becomes injured and that injured could possibly end his career.

Then there is Katie she is a physical therapist, who wants a stable life becomes her childhood wasn't.

Jude & Katie meet again while Jude is doing his pre surgery therapy. These two spend a night together while in college , then Jude went to the NHL leaving Katie wanting nothing more to do with him.

When Jude sees her again he wants a long lasting life with
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary ARC - early release copy of this book in Kindle format from the author for review purposes.

This was a quick fast read for me. It is a 2nd chance at romance story with a forbidden twist.

Kate and Jude were in lust/love but only had one night together in college. Then Jude got a hockey contract and that's where he has been in the last few years. Until he gets injured and is sent home and ends up as PT at the same office Kate works at. She is told they cannot have a
Becca
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this second chance romance between Jude Taylor - Pro Hockey player and his college crush - Kate "Katie" Carter.

It's been 5 years since Jude left Chicago after being called up to the NHL. There was a connection so strong between Jude and Katie - but Jude ended up leaving before they were ever really able to see where they could go in the relationship. Now Jude is on the injured list and his coach has sent him home to recover. And as fate would have it, Katie works at the physical
Kari Hansen
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Getting injured is a hockey player’s worst nightmare but in Jude’s case it may just be a blessing in disguise when it allows him to reunite with the one woman he has never forgotten. While in college Jude and Katie were developing a relationship until circumstances tore them apart.

Katie is a physiotherapist who is surprised to find that her newest client is Jude, a man she dated in college and hasn’t seen since. The chemistry and connection between them is stronger than ever, but will they be
Lora
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 out of 5 stars

I am a sucker for a great hockey romance. I love the sport - like seriously go to live games as much as I can and watch all the highlights on Instagram and YouTube. I also love Stacey Lynn so this book was a no brainer as far as whether or not I would read it...and the best part is that it didn't disappoint at all!

Katie and Jude had a brief connection in college, but then Jude joined the NHL and five years was gone. Their chance encounter when he needs rehab and she just so
Melena Torretta
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2020

When they were in college Jude had a crush on Katie, and the same night they finally got together he was called up to play in the NHL. Thinking that meant they were never going to work, Katie blocked him and didn't speak to Jude again. Five years later he comes back into her life and they find their feelings never faded.

I have read a number of Stacey Lynn's books. Playing to Win definitely had the same humor, heat, and sweet moments I enjoyed in her other books.

While Katie and Jude's
Teresa
Playing to Win
Book 1 Ice Kings
Stacey Lynn

Playing to Win is a hockey second chance romance. It is a sweet, funny, and a feel good story!! Left me with a smile on my face!! Loved it!

“I don’t regret a single thing about giving up my life and following your dad. I loved him so much, there was no other choice but for me to help him make his dreams come true. And in return, he gave me mine.”

"His eyes and look and kisses are solely for me. And better than that, I know that his heart and soul and entire
We Like them Dark Book Blog
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I am completely enraptured by this series! If you’re looking for amazing writing, red hot romance, and a burn that will seriously threaten to ignite your reading device-this book is for you!
I really loved the rekindled relationship between Jude and Katie. Things picked up pretty quickly- and though I wish there was a bit more fight for them getting back together, we have the satisfaction of these two back together pretty quickly. We don’t have to wait too long for the heat-which I loved, and it
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• You're The One
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • The Lying Season
  • Doughn't Let Me Go
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Close to Me
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Then You Happened
Stacey Lynn likes her coffee with a dash of sugar, her heroes with a side of bossy, and her wine a deep shade of red.

The author of over thirty romance novels, many of which have been best-selling titles on Amazon, AppleBooks, and Barnes & Noble.

Born in Texas and raised in the Midwest, she now makes her home in North Carolina and loves all things Southern. Together with her ultimate tall,

Ice Kings (2 books)
  • Scoring Off the Ice (Ice Kings, #2)