Start by marking “Playing to Win (Ice Kings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Playing to Win (Ice Kings, #1)

Playing to Win

(Ice Kings #1)

It was a three-week fling. Nothing more than a couple of college kids having some fun, but then I did the stupid thing and fell for Jude Taylor quicker than he can score a goal on the ice. And after one beautiful night together, he left for the pros before I could make my first cup of coffee.

I thought I’d put him behind me. I thought I’d moved on. Then he hobbles into my
1st edition
Published February 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Playing to Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing to Win

Start your review of Playing to Win (Ice Kings, #1)
Nadine Bookaholic
A wonderful start to the series!

What does it mean when you have a three-week fling with someone in college and still can't get them out of your thoughts years later? What happens when that someone walks into the place you work and the sparks are still there and they aren't one sided? Well, I'll tell you, it makes for one hell of a spicy second-chance romance!

You can read my full review along with an Excerpt HERE

Playing to Win by Stacey Lynn

**I have voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy of this book for my Blog,
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Playing to Win by Stacey Lynn
“Second chance, 4 stars”

Kate and Jude have a past. He worked hard once upon a time to get her. Then thanks to a good ol’ misunderstanding they go their separate ways. Now after a chance run in, he wants answers but more than that he wants a second chance. His life is up in the air and Kate is all about stability. Will he be able to convince her to give him another shot?
I adore a good second chance romance. Jude and Kate just worked together. If you love a good hockey
Jessica
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say I love hockey romance stories? Because I do. So much.
This one was a bit different since Jude is currently injured and obviously not playing right now. Bummer. I love some good hockey scenes.
His coach and his brother/teammate sent him home to Chicago to heal.
But then he sees her again.
The one who got away.
Katie.
Can these two get together again???
Is it a forbidden romance???
Hmmm... guess you’ll have to read this one to find out.

I thought this book was well thought out and well
Megan
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great start to a new series! Second chance romances and hockey romances are one of my favorites and this was both. It was a great fast read with no unnecessary drama!! Can’t wait for the next book!

Was given an arc for an honest review
Mira Lyn Kelly
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sexy and fun with all the feels, PLAYING TO WIN is an awesome read from start to finish! Loved it!!
Amy Dickinson
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Overall Grade:

Stacey Lynn’s Playing to Win is a story of second chances. It’s an admonishment to seek after love even when it’s scary and fraught with change. In a world when love seems lost at times, Stacey Lynn’s story hits the beats of our hearts that want and need love.

The story follows Jude and Katie. Jude is a professional NHL player who has become injured to the point of possible devastation to his career. In an effort to reset Jude’s mind, his manager sends him home to heal. Katie is a
Danielle Cordsen
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Playing to win
By: Stacey Lynn

Can he be everything she craves?

In the first book in the Ice Kings series we meet hockey stud Jude Taylor who’s on the injured and mad at the world list especially at the jerk who body checked him causing a concussion and a torn ACL. When his couch send him back to his home town to rehab he’s worried he won’t get signed for another 5 years if he doesn’t heal properly. Then he gets lucky and is rehabbing were the girl who got away is a physical therapist. She has the
Rosie
3.5 stars!

Hockey romances are the best so I was really intrigued by this new series by Stacey Lynn. However, something was missing and I am not sure what, but overall it was an easy read with little drama.

Jude is a professional ice hockey player who is sent back from Charleston to Chicago so he can recover after a nearly career ending injury. Without knowing, he's signed up to the rehab centre where Katie works, the girl he left behind when he got called up to the NHL in college. Katie has
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Yes, Jude Taylor was definitely playing to win and Kate didn’t stand a chance. Stacy Lynn wrote a fun story about love found, love lost and then having to work to get it back again.

Jude had his work cut out for him and not only in Rehab. Yes, he’s back home in Chicago and not by his choice. He doesn’t want to be here. It only reminds him of the girl he lost. His Katie. Now, he has his mother hovering over him, old friends trying to get in touch with him. Rehab. There is only only thing good
Jeeves Reads Romance
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I just want to read a good low angst, sexy book with characters I can root for - and this definitely satisfied that craving. It's light, quick, and a lot less emotional than most second chance romances. In fact, the only thing that bumps this down to 4 stars for me is just how easily these two work out an issue that separated them for 5 years. Had there been a little more tension, a little more depth, I would've given this 5 stars without thinking twice.

The story follows Jude, a pro
Avidez Literaria
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
“After years of wanting this woman, years of loving her, I’ve finally won her, and it’s been the best damn victory I could ever have.”

Jude Taylor is a sensation in professional hockey. Famous, millionaire, the best player in the league. But a serious injury can put his career at risk. And end his legacy for good. Sent home by his coach, so he can recover both physically and mentally, with everything that is happening in his life right now, Chicago is the last place he would like to be sent.
Cee Cee Houston
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quietly emotional, sweetly sexy and fun story.

Playing to Win is the first book in the ‘Ice Kings’ series by Stacey Lynn. It’s a hockey romance if you haven’t guessed from the title, lol. This is Jude Taylor and Katie Carter’s story. Jude and Katie knew each other in college, they had one hot night together- then the next morning, he was gone.
Now, five years later, Jude is a right winger for the Carolina Ice Kings and has been seriously injured during a recent game. He’s sent to his hometown to
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Jude's been exiled back to Chicago for rehab on his ACL, and the only reason he's glad about it is because it means a possible second chance with the woman he still thinks about, the one who got away, his Katie. Thank God she's the physical therapist he's been assigned to! Except that second chance could cost Katie her career, so she's got to make a choice between love and her career.

Jude and Katie are a great couple once they give in and give themselves the second chance both of them wanted.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nothing could have prepared Kate for the moment he wandered back into her life, the rush of feelings his presence brings, the hurt in her heart, or the weak feeling in her knees. Jude Taylor was and is the only man to every make her feel this way, their fling back in college lit something within her that hasn't dimmed in all the years since. If it's even possible he is more gorgeous now then he was back then, and definitely more dangerous for her heart too!

Her head keeps telling her not to get
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I cannot state for the record how much I truly LOVE Stacey Lynn's brilliant writing style, because seriously, I'm so much more crazy about it in person as words typed up don't always do my feelings justice. Playing to Win is the first book with what I have no doubt will me an amazing series, and I 100% LOVED LOVED LOVED! Katie Carter has some fun with Jude Taylor in college, and despite doing her best to not fall for him, she did, and then he was gone the next morning after a beautiful night, as ...more
Tara Peters
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jude and Katie are two characters that you will find yourself rooting for from the beginning of the book. They met when they were in college and Katie made him work for a relationship. Unfortunately, right when things start looking up, he gets drafted and leaves right after they connect. Years later and when they think that they are over the other their paths meet again.
You could feel their attraction and chemistry from the first time they see each other again. While I love their entire story I
Tammy's Timeout
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Playing to Win is the first book in a new hockey series by Stacey Lynn, The Ice Kings and is the second-chance love story of Jude and Kate, once college lovers who have been estranged for 5 years. Jude now plays professional hockey and is one of the best in the league while Kate is a physiotherapist, living in Chicago.

Jude is injured during a game and his coach sends him back home to have family support while recovering after his surgery and concussion. It is here that Jude sees Kate again, the
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jude Taylor is a NHL hockey player who’s career is on the line. Jude comes from a family deeply embedded in hockey. He even plays alongside his brother, until that fateful evening when Jude is injured. Jude suffered a debilitating concussion and a torn ACL. He’s not taking it well and can only think the worst. HIs coach decides Jude needs a change of scenery and sends him home to rehab, hopeful his attitude will change.

Katie is a physical therapist who has a history with Jude. She keeps up with
Becca
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this second chance romance between Jude Taylor - Pro Hockey player and his college crush - Kate "Katie" Carter.

It's been 5 years since Jude left Chicago after being called up to the NHL. There was a connection so strong between Jude and Katie - but Jude ended up leaving before they were ever really able to see where they could go in the relationship. Now Jude is on the injured list and his coach has sent him home to recover. And as fate would have it, Katie works at the physical
Diane Lynch
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hockey-romance
Playing to Win by Stacey Lynn is an amazing start to the Ice Kings series. In this story, Carolina Ice Kings player, Jude Taylor, goes home to Chicago to rehab an ACL injury. While there he reconnects with the woman, he cannot forget, Kate Carter, who just happens to be working at his physical therapy office. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult readers.

I enjoyed Jude’s and Kate’s characters. They went to college together in Chicago where they are both from. Having been born
Erin Lewis
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Star Review Playing To Win (Ice Kings #1) by Stacey Lynn

Stacey Lynn is a relatively new author to me. This is a second chance at love story which I quickly became invested in. and from what I read, I am excited to read more in this series.

Years ago, Jude Taylor left Katie after a miss-understanding to pursue a professional hockey career. When injury sidelines him, he returns home to recover. He is shocked when he finds Katie at the physical therapy office. Could this be fate’s way of
Jackie Wright
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Playing to Win book 1 in the new Ice Kings Series.
If this book is anything to go by Stacey Lynn will have a hit series on her hands because Jude and Katie’s second chance romance is a great start to her new Ice Kings Series.
Katie and Jude have history, their time together may have been short but that didn’t stop it leaving a lasting impression on them both and now five years on Jude heads home to get over a bad injury and at the local physical therapy office he comes face to face
Lynn Brooks
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With the first book in her new hockey Ice Kings series, Stacey Lynn knocked it out of the park and delighted this reader with PLAYING TO WIN! The character development is strong, the chemistry is steaming hot and the likability of the characters is off the charts.

Jude is an attention grabbing character right off the bat. We get to see his vulnerable side from the beginning as he is handed the details about his injury and what it's going to take to get him back out there on the ice. It just so
Heather C
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I adore Stacey Lynn and I read everything that she puts out. I'm always assured that I'm going to speed right through the book and get caught up with the story line. Playing to Win is no exception. I read it in one sitting.

Playing to Win is about a hockey star who gets injured and ends up doing physical therapy at the same place that his college love works. It's a second chance romance that moves quickly to reunite Jude and Katie. Add the fact that it's a hockey player and we are talking right
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Katie and Jude have a history, though it was brief, it was a time in both their lives that has stayed with them. Even after five years, they are both still thinking about each other. They live in different states, that is until Jude heads back to his home state and comes face to face with the woman he still thinks about.

I love a good second chance romance and add in hockey it is the perfect combination! Katie and Jude were both fantastic characters and had some amazing chemistry from the very
PFL
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Playing to Win: Ice King’s, Book One by Stacey Lynn is a new series and book one tells the story of Katie and Jude.

Katie and Jude knew each other in college and had a short lived fling. Jude got drafted to the NHL shortly after and lost touch. Now Jude has been injured while playing hockey and has returned to Chicago to rehab. There he runs into Katie who works in the same rehab facility.

It’s been 5 years since they’ve spoken and Jude hasn’t forgotten Katie, even though he didn’t handle things
Shannon
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
Playing to Win is a second chance romance between Jude and Katie who had one night together in college before Jude made it big as a hockey star. Now many years later, neither one has forgotten the other, and it seems like fate has put them back in the same path again when Jude is injured in a game and finds himself in rehab where Katie works. Their relationship was quickto pick up again and despite the time, that passed their connection seemed just as strong.

I really enjoyed both Jude and Katie
Fiona
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you like second chance romances, sports romances or both this is the book for you. It is the first in the new “Ice Kings” series from Lynn.
Jude and Kate were together for a short time in college. He left to begin his pro hockey career, she stayed. Despite unresolved issues they could not forget each other. However, Jude is back struggling to come to terms with a sudden change to his career. He makes it clear that he still wants Kate, she is frightened to trust in Jude and upend the stable
Cheryl O'Harney
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Playing to Win is the first book from Stacey Lynn’s new Ice Kings series and it’s the story of Carolina Ice Kings player Jude Taylor who finds himself going home to Chicago to recover after ACL injury, whilst there he reconnects with the one woman, he can’t forget, Kate Carter, and she just so happens to be working at his physical therapy office. The pair went to college together in Chicago they even dated for a short period, then Jude was called up to play for the Ice Kings and Kate blocked his ...more
Cat
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Playing To Win is the beginning of a brand new Hockey series from Stacey Lynn and judging by this first installment,this is going to be such a great series.
I Love a sexy Hockey Romance and this ticked all the boxes for that, Jude and Katie are fantastic characters made for one another.They get a second chance at love when Jude gets injured and goes home to rehabilitate were they reconnect.
I was relieved that there wasnt too much angst in this story although Katie did have some issues, and was
« previous 1 3 next »

• Boss Man Bridegroom
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • Unexpectedly Yours
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • No Strings Attached
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Inappropriate
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Dear Ava
Stacey Lynn likes her coffee with a dash of sugar, her heroes with a side of bossy, and her wine a deep shade of red.

The author of over thirty romance novels, many of which have been best-selling titles on Amazon, AppleBooks, and Barnes & Noble.

Born in Texas and raised in the Midwest, she now makes her home in North Carolina and loves all things Southern. Together with her ultimate tall,

Ice Kings (2 books)
  • Scoring Off the Ice (Ice Kings, #2)