Start by marking “Christmas Lights (Owatonna U Hockey #4)” as Want to Read:
Christmas Lights (Owatonna U Hockey #4)

Christmas Lights

(Owatonna U Hockey #4)

Under the Christmas lights strung outside a snowy Minnesota cabin, Ryker and Jacob face a future where nothing will be the same again.

Fortunate timing means that Ryker and Jacob can spend a few days together over Christmas in a cabin on the family farm. What’s better is that Scott and Ben are coming as well, with Hayne and Ethan in tow. Ryker can’t imagine a better way to
ebook
Published December 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Lights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Lights

Start your review of Christmas Lights (Owatonna U Hockey #4)
Cadiva
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awwww I got all teary with this one.

RJ and VL certainly know how to pile on the festive cheer with this gorgeously sweet novella which sees Ryker and Jacob having to face up to some harsh realities before all becomes well in the end.

I loved every bit of this, the humour is there with all their fellow ice hockey players and their partners, there's some lovely family interludes and the ending just put a huge big smile on my face.

Can't wait for Henry's book to come out.

#ARC kindly received from the
Kaje Harper
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet little story in the series (which wouldn't really stand alone) - the plight of family farmers infuses this holiday in the woods with a poignancy that gives it more interest and drama. Jacob and Ryker are dealing not only with the stresses of a long-distance relationship, but with the conflicts caused by differences in their bank accounts and their dreams and expectations. The other two couples show up for cameos, adding a bit of fun to the story.
Karen
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars rounded down because still no 1/2 stars here on GR but I definitely enjoyed this one full review to follow soonish...

It’s been a while since Jacob and Ryker have seen each other...

...and they’re both looking forward to celebrating Christmas with each other and with their friends form Owatonna U. Jacob and his dad have fixed up the cabin that’s on their farm and it’s ready to house his lover and their friends Scott and Hayne along with Benoit and Ethan for their holiday reunion.

But
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
Holiday-filled hockey romance…

Owatonna U is an m/m spin-off of the Harrisburg Railers series and has quickly become another favourite from this duo author team. Strong characters, hockey (yeah!), family and love are always a great mix…

Ryker and Jacob found love at Owatonna U and this novella dropped right back into their relationship. Where were they now? Where were they going? Everything seemed so clear yet life is known for throwing curveballs. Distance had only made the love between them
Joyfully Jay
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

In a surprise release, R.J. Scott and V.L. Locey have given us a sweet little story set in the Owatonna U series and just in time for Christmas. Christmas Lights doesn’t offer a ton of tie into the series as a whole, but at the very least you need to have read Ryker in order to really appreciate the relationship between Ryker and Jacob. This is a blip of a story and it won’t take readers any time at all to complete. But it is well suited to the season and given
R
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, reviewed, sports, m-m
Ryker and Jacob are very excited to have Christmas together. Their long distance relationship has taken it toll on both men. Specially Jacob. His family farm is running him into the ground. Too much work, old equipment, his fathers failing health, and not enough money is making his life miserable. He just wants to spend time with Ryker and forget the rest of the world, which has become impossible for for him.

A sweet Christmas gift for readers. A little insight into the relationship between Ryker
ButtonsMom2003
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
What a treat this story was!

Christmas Lights is a great story and a surprise addition to the Owatonna U series that I thought was finished. It was really great to catch up with Ryker and Jacob, who were the focus of this story, as well as Scott and Hayne, Benoit and Ethan.

This is a short novella, so it didn't take me long to read it, but it really packed an emotional punch for me. The long-distance relationship that Ryker and Jacob have isn't an easy one to deal with and they are so happy to
Tina

4,5 stars. :)
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, mm, shorty, lbr, holiday

This was a sweet novella with Ryker getting to go see Jacob for the holidays. Ryker and the team actually have a break in their schedule over the holidays and are planning to spend time at Jacob’s farm. It was so great to see these guys together again. They’ve been dealing with the long-distance relationship ok. Ryker has been busy with the season in full swing, and Jacob has been busy trying to keep the farm afloat.

They experience a little strain as Jacob finds it difficult to accept any help
Carra
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m so glad the authors decided to surprise us all with this holiday story with the Owatonna U guys! It was great to see them again, and of course the anticipation of that burning question Jacob has for Ryker just upped the ante for the whole story.

With Ryker and Jacob being apart so much now (Ryker playing hockey, though professionally now, and Jacob now back working the family farm), it makes things difficult for them but also makes the time they do spend together more intense and meaningful—
Melanie
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit https://wp.me/p220KL-iDk

from that review:The authors brought all the couples from the Owatonna U series together in a cabin at Christmas, and focused the short holiday tale on Ryker and Jacob, the effects their long distance relationship is having on them, the realistic hardships of running a small family farm, the combination isn't the glowy, glittery Chrismassy story you might expect.

Instead, from
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

YAY, we get some more of Ryder and Jacob! This was so good to go back to them, and get a bit more. The two are doing the long distance thing, and its hard with both of them being pulled in the opposite direction. Now at Christmas, there are five days just for them to be together. But when their just for them time is interrupted by the issues on the farm, will the break they were looking forward to be ruined? Such a good story, I gave it 5 stars, even though I was left
Heather
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xmas-time, rj-scott
So much goodness that we've come to know in the world of Owatonna U, Harrisburg Railers, and Arizona Raptors and it's all wrapped up in a wonderful holiday package. Talk about a surprise gift from Santa!

It's no secret that Ryker and Jacob was my favorite in the Owatonna U series and I'm so glad to see another chunk of their story continue on in more than just passing conversations throughout the Raptors series. As for Jacob, well what's not to love? Growing up a farmer's daughter I know how hard
Amy Dufera
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I saw Christmas Lights, I knew I had to read this RJ Scott and VL Locey Christmas romance asap. Spending some holiday time with Ryker? Not even a question.

The reader is gifted with more Ryker and Jacob, as they celebrate Christmas on Jacob's farm with their college friends. As for the couple themselves, the reunion scene between Ryker and Jacob is so damn emotional. The long distance aspect of their relationship is explored and illustrated in a superb manner.

This book is just
Jenn
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

If you’re a fan of this series, which I highly recommend, then you will definitely enjoy this holiday read! I was so excited to catch up with Ryker and Jacob and they did not disappoint! Man I love these two, okay the whole group honestly!

Ryker is now busy playing professional hockey and Jacob is trying to save the family farm. They are still madly in love but the time apart isn’t easy and they are hoping to use their time together at Christmas to show just how much they love each
Lora
5 out of 5 stars

I love Ryker & Jacob. They’ve been some of my favorite leading men since their first appearance in a book. This story was so heartwarming (and a little sad) that I already wish I could re-read it.

The gathering at Christmas with all of their college buddies is perfect, too! Seeing Scott, Hayne, Ben & Ethan again was like going to a reunion I actually wanted to attend.

I enjoyed this series and am super happy to have a little more of their story! This author duo produces
LeeAnn
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have loved Jacob and Ryker since they first made their appearance . These two boys stole into my heart and have been there ever since.
In this book we see more into Jacobs life on the farm and just how difficult things are for him and his parents and how hard it is to have a long distance relationship with the man you love.
While reading this book I felt so many emotions! Happiness, sadness, and needed a fan a few times. Getting to see some of the guys from previous books is also quite fun.
I
Ana  Nimity
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I may love Ryker Madsen as much as I do Tennant Rowe.

From the beginning of Changing Lines, I fell in love with Ten, and to a lesser extent, Ryker. As the series (both the Railers and OU) progressed and Ryker grew up, my love for him grew, too, and in this story I think he made it right up there with Ten.
This is in no way a standalone. If you have not read the other books, you will be lost. If you have read them, you have probably already bought this book because how could you not? It's pretty
Lillian Francis
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute Christmas story which serves both as an epilogue to Jacob and Ryker's story and also as a great catch up with all the couples.
Jacob and Ryker were the couple that never truly got their HEA since both struggled with their long distance relationship and this Christmas tale strives to address that. Despite the season this story isn't all about the warm and fuzzies, farm work is hard and can be soul destroying and that is reflected in several heartbreaking scenes.
Pjm12
Wished I had found this around xmas time. Oh well.

Lovely wrapping up of the Ryker-Jacob long distance thing. It couldn't go on much longer. But sad reality about life for small holding farmers.

The slow thread of Henry's story quietly continues under the radar, and so glad to see the promise of him taking centre stage in the next book. Yay!

Will I ever get over my love for hockey boys? I don't think so.
Elle
Dec 21, 2019 added it
I've read all of the previous books in this series, and loved them. Ryker's and Jacob's was my favourite . Couldn't wait to read this one, should've been called The Proposal (at last!).

I love the way in which these two ladies tell a story. They combine humour, romance and strong characters. This is a loveIy seasonal follow up to the Ottawana series. All the guys are here and it was lovely to catch up with them.

I'd describe this book as charming, warm, sexy, and a gem of a story. It's a fun and
Tanja Kezmic
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: omgreads
This novella made me so happy!I loved how both Ryker and Jacob wanted the best for their fututre. I loved how the writing duo made them fight everyday struggles for their happiness.

It was all-round a great follow-up story of one of my favorite couples.

***Review copy requested and reviewed on behalf of OMGReads Blog***
Angelique
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Christmas Lights is a sweet holiday novella.
It is about Ryker and Jacob and a build up to futher stories.
I had fun reading it it is a fast read.and there is some mentioning
about the Railers.they don`t play a part in this book.
That is a bit odd,as the storyline is about Ryker and Jacob
and how things end.You expect some lines from Jared and Ten.
But a good read and I love to see more
Kk
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked Ry & Jacob so seeing an Xmas book with them was great. Jacob's farm is struggling and being apart from Ryker is making it worse.

Ryker has the Raptors but is still longing for his man....lovely ending
Michelle
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

Loved catching up with all the guys! My heart broke for Jacob and his family. Glad he’s with Ryker now. Hope to see more of everyone in the future! Still hoping the Railers series goes into KU.
Victoria Taylor
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Ryker and Jacob are so perfect for each other. This book made me cry because so scenes were so heartfelt. Love these guys!
andrea moran
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Owatonna novella

Ryker and Jacob are reunited in this holiday themed novella and face some tough decisions with the future of the farm
Jackie Ziegler
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Nice glimpse into where Ryder and Jacob are now. Love conquers all. If you haven't read their story this may not make sense
Pat
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

I loved this short Christmas story catching up with Ryker and Jacob. It was sweet and emotional with change occurring for them both. I love all these hockey series.
Veronica
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks you to the authors for more Jacob and Ryker. I loved it. My poor heart. I cried my eyes out. So wonderful.

• Made Marian Mixtape (Made Marian, #9)
  • Boyfriend 101 (Fever Falls #6)
  • Christmas According to Liam (According to Liam #2)
  • Changing the Rules (Crashing, #3)
  • The Christmas Oaks (Laurel Holidays, #1)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Life According to Liam
  • Rialto (Unbreakable Bonds, #8)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • Unexpected (Inked, #3)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • Next Season
  • Boys of Summer (Hot Off the Ice #5)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Just a Bit Dirty (Straight Guys, #10)
A USA Today bestselling author, RJ Scott has published over one hundred novels after discovering romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t love on the page, she could create it in her head, and has become a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her

Owatonna U Hockey (4 books)
  • Ryker (Owatonna U Hockey #1)
  • Scott (Owatonna U Hockey #2)
  • Benoit (Owatonna U Hockey #3)