Start by marking “Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)

Sweep with Me

(Innkeeper Chronicles #4.5)

A charming, short novella in the Innkeeper Chronicles, from #1 New York Times bestselling author, Ilona Andrews.

Thank you for joining us at Gertrude Hunt, the nicest Bed and Breakfast in Red Deer, Texas, during the Treaty Stay. As you know, we are honor-bound to accept all guests during this oldest of innkeeper holidays and we are expecting a dangerous guest. Or several.

Published January 14th 2020 by NYLA (first published January 10th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Sweep with Me, please sign up.
Lorri Yes its supposed to be out in audio shortly but with a new narrator. Renee Raudman is the voice of Dina to me so I think I will stick to non audio.

Start your review of Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
And the moral of this reread is: I want a Quillonian chef named Orro for my birthday. (Which is coming up in about two months. In case you were wondering. And wanted to gift me a Quillonian chef. Named Orro. You know, for my birthday and stuff.)

No idea what the fish this is about? Read the bloody shrimping book. You're welcome and stuff.

[Original non-review]

Question: How do you know you just finished reading an IA story?

Answer #1: Because even though it's only 140 pages long (most outrageous,
Aisling Zena
4.5 stars 10/1/20

The book is completed and will be available to read on their site linked below, for free until the 13th of January.

18/12/19
Free online serial at:

Review updated on every chapter release! For those of you that would rather wait and read it in one go, pre-order is available and the novella will be out on January 14th! My birthday this year is going to be awesome!

Chapter 1 Part 1
18/12/19
carol.
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Solid feel-good that reminded me why I enjoyed the world of the Innkeeper. Diana and Sean are asked to host an unusual guest during the annual celebratory Treaty Stay, but other groups want to stay at the Inn as well. Tradition has a visit from a warrior, a sage and a pilgrim, and the guests surprisingly fall into traditional pattern. The eminent guest has an unusual food request, that sends Orro into a tizzy. Loads of fun, with only a couple small hiccups. Of course I bought it, silly.
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
WHAT?! An Innkeeper novella by Ilona Andrews that I haven't read? How did I miss this? I'm on it tonight.

RTC.
Corina
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun, but way too short - lol.

Getting a novella to tide me over is one thing, getting to the end of it and knowing I won't get any more this year is another.

I love this series, it's one of my favorite IA series, and this novella was fun, light hearted (compared to others) and even packed a little action.

I'm always astonished by the imagination that comes out of IA, every guest to the Inn is completely different, with a unique background and abilities. I'm just amazed by it all.

This novella was
Holly
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Only Ilona Andrews could write a novella featuring philosophical space chickens. Yes, you read that correctly, and no, I am not kidding. I am not even going to write anything else about this. Because space chickens. That's all you need to know.

Emma
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really love these authors writing this series. They have a great sense of humour and I found myself snorting with delight throughout the story.
A new Innkeeper novella you say? Publishing on the 14th of January you say? HELL YES! I hit that preorder button so fast & hard I almost broke my finger!!

Even better is that we don't have to wait until January because Ilona & Gordon are doing what they always do with the Innkeeper books and giving fans the chance to read them for free on their website in advance of publication!! Keep an eye on the Innkeeper website for at least weekly (but probably twice weekly!) instalments between
Mariah
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
F a smart home, I want an Inn.

3.5 for a short and sweet stay at the Gertrude Hunt.
Lisazj1
Well, time for my usual Ilona Andrews fangirling-non-review. Really, I could almost copy/paste everything I say from book to book. Because IT. WAS. FABULOUS!!! Of course. All the humor, ass-kicking, great dialogue, amazing characters *every one of them, IA does do not do "supporting" characters, I love them all*, magic and heart that I always find in these favorite authors' stories.

I didn't realize just how very much I've missed Dina, Sean, Gertrude Hunt and all the rest until I started reading.
Maia
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've missed reading about the inn so much!!!
It's too bad it was so short but better short than nothing at all

I've read this online (published by Ilona Andrews) but I'm definitely going to read it again once I get the book, hopefully there will be some illustrations
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Sweep with Me is a novella in the Innkeeper Chronicles by Ilona Andrews

This was a fun novella. The Andrews team packed, so much into this short story.

I loved seeing Diana and Sean again. Dina is upset, sad, and worried about something big, but the Inn is never quiet and some big things happened that take her mind off of all those worries. In the end Diana takes care of all her guests in true Innkeeper fashion and solidifies her standing with the Innkeeper Assembly.

Sweep with Me packs a
aarya
I have no objectivity when it comes to IA as I am a fangirl. I read this holiday novella when it was published as a serial on their website.
Darcy
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is so much to love about this series that I always look forward to reading them. I'm a bit odd though in that I don't read them as the author writes it, but wait for the finished product. I love the inn and every time I read a book in the series wished that I had a magic house to remake it's self to my whims. With this book things were a bit different, Dina and Gertrude Hunts relationship was a bit iffy from everything that has happened in the past, but by the end you could see things were ...more
Tori
Sweep with Me by Ilona Andrews

The latest installment into the Innkeeper Chronicles offers readers a short entertaining adventure back into this interstellar world of mystical beds and breakfasts that offers readers action, mystery, romance and humor. Our protagonists, Dina and Sean, along with the rest of their makeshift family, continue to evolve and grow beyond the boundaries of the world they inhibit, gifting us the promise of much more to come.I can't wait for the next installment.
SheLove2Read
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, best-of-2020
I love Dina and Sean. I love the Inn. I love the cast of regulars who live in the Inn. I could read in this world every day and never get bored. 5 stars
Charlie
5 amazing stars!

This series is one of my favourites and I've loved every book so far, this one didn't disappoint. It might even be my favourite.

I really wish they were longer, I would happily read a 1000 page book about Dina and co. That's my only complaint.

I loved her relationship with Sean in this one, I'm glad they're getting their happily ever after. After everything, they deserve it. I like how he's still his badass soldier self, even while settling into life as an innkeeper.

As usual, the
Sometime
Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-pnr-uf
I read this as part of a serial on the author's website. There is something very appealing about reading a book one piece at a time like the old newspaper serials. It's available now on paperback/ebook etc.

It was great to check in with Dina and Sean and the cast of amusing characters at the Inn. There were a few plot holes and a few things felt rushed, but overall I really enjoyed the latest in the Innkeeper series. Ilona Andrews books never fail me.
Paulina
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this online while it was posted free for readers. Ilona and her husband are such great storytellers. They can make a novella feel like a full book. I will definitely buy the book when it comes out, so I can help ensure the series continues! This novella and the series are highly recommended.
Gundega (Rouzmary)
description

We've got the new Innkeeper, people! And it's back to Dina, Sean & Gertrude Hunt! :D

Obviously I'm devouring reading every part of the story our dear authors post on their blog and I'm loving every little bit of it! We've got 3 chapters so far and already we've had joy, happiness, excitement, mystery, fun, intrigue. You name, they have it.

And the art is gorgeous, as always:
descriptiondescription

Eagerly awaiting each new chapter!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Update
Even though the short story was just few chapters long, thoroughly
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Sweep with Me is just the novella I needed to tide me over until the next full novel in the Innkeeper series! I love Dina so much - and there was a lot going on for such a short story! Of course, I still felt fulfilled, because I knew the main characters well already.
While Dina was upset and worried about something big - other big things happened that took her mind off things. And it was fantastic!
Tina
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
AH. Nice. A little amuse-bouche of a novella but a wonderful visit with Dina and Sean. A little funny/absurd in places and serious/badass in others. Great balance and I enjoyed meeting some new alien types and catching up with the two permanent Gertrude Hunt guests. Also, this one really brouight home the magic/symbiotic aspect of Dina and Gertrude Hunt. Reminds me I really need to do a re-read of the series now.
G.
Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5

While I enjoy these books, I'm not as impressed with them as their other series for some reason. Perhaps it's because the plots are more simple. Perhaps it's just a weird personal quirk. That said, it's good stuff.
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
4.5 stars rounded up

OK! So, I waited until the serial was done then I glommed it all. THEN I went back and read the entire series and re-read this one.

Because IA.

This was FUN! But short. Shorter than most. There was a lot to love and my only issue was the lack of length. I wanted more. In fact, the shortness is what sent me on my glomming spree.
Jess
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I MISSED SEAN AND DINA SO MUCH.
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
Great addition to the Inkeeper series. This short story had all the trademarks of IA book (the humour, the characters and plot). We get to see Dina and Sean once again. As well as the not-so-slightly psychopathic Caldenia and overdramatic cook Orro. And of course the sentient inn! It was short and fun. (view spoiler) Hopefully, there ...more
Kelly
I LOVE this series

Oh, how I love and adore this series and the wide variety of characters. Not often a novella ends up being a 5 star read, but a return to Gertrude Hunt, Dina, Sean and Beast just did it for me.

This novella is a fairly quick read, but I was very happy to be able to revisit some of my favourite characters. Gertrude Hunt's other permanent guests add lots of humour to the storyline - Orro with all of his dramatic antics, and Caldenia's love of watching the local neighbourhood and
Elena Linville
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book, but I must admit that I'm partial. I love everything the Andrews write. Their books speak to my soul. And the Innkeeper series has a particular place in my heart - it's the series I pick up when it's cold and nasty outside, when I'm sick and depressed, and I need a soul balm.

This is a short and sweet little story where we return to Dina and her beloved inn... and I missed them. I loved Maud's novella, but Dina and the Inn will always be my favorites. Maybe because of how
Katyana
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really love the Innkeeper series - it is weird and interesting, part fantasy, part sci-fi, with magic and alien worlds and lots of fun.

Dina is a great character, and I am really enjoying her relationship with Sean, as they learn how to do this thing together. I also love the way Dina navigates complex moral situations, as she does in this short.

Really a lot of fun... nice way to kick off the new year.
Belles
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Loved it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Andrews - Sweep with Me [Jan 20, 2020] 24 25 5 hours, 4 min ago
Vampires, Weres a...: Sweep With Me 9 14 Jan 15, 2020 02:01PM

• Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)
  • Book Love
  • Attachments
  • Best Knight Ever (A Kinda Fairytale #4)
  • The Library of the Unwritten (Hell's Library #1)
  • A Wicked Kind of Husband (Longhope Abbey, #1)
  • In My Tree
  • 8 Little Planets
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands #4)
  • Druid Vices and a Vodka (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #6)
  • Dark King (The Crystal Kingdom #3)
  • 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)
  • RoseBlood
  • Unexpected Bond (Unexpected Arrivals #4)
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • The Emperor of Evening Stars (The Bargainer, #2.5)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better ...more

Innkeeper Chronicles (4 books)
  • Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
“Sentient beings are spectacular liars. We are gifted with an unparalleled ability to deny things that make our life unpleasant. We even pretend death isn’t a certainty, because contemplating our own mortality drives us mad.” 0 likes