Start by marking “The Crystal War (Fragments #2)” as Want to Read:
The Crystal War (Fragments #2)

The Crystal War

(Fragments #2)

The line between human and monster is not as clear cut as they once thought.

In the weeks since her escape from the hell of the Eastern Fortress, things have grown more complicated for Kai. She cast her lot with her brother's self-absorbed boyfriend, who controls the Western Army, but she's been separated from Finn, the soldier who found a place in her heart.

Finn has defa
Published April 17th 2020 by Parliament House Press

Start your review of The Crystal War (Fragments #2)
Candace Robinson
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I loved the multiple POVs and the interesting and unique world the author has created here! The dark aspects are especially intriguing!

The writing was on point and I can’t get enough of these characters! Expect some awesome twists and turns! I can’t wait to read the final book!
Emmie Rose
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and Parliament House Press for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

This story starts off five weeks after the end of the first one and it quickly re-capped what had previously happened which I was entirely thankful for that because I'm really bad at remembering what happens in books after a while. I'm so happy to be back in this interesting and unique world that Tracy Auerbach has created.

With the first book I struggled to feel emotionall
Jessica
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The 'Fragments' series captivated me from the beginning. Though I found this to be a very dark science fiction dystopia, I found myself continuing to read because I became so invested in the characters, what they were going through, and kept wanting to find out what happened next. Whereas 'The Sin Soldiers' follows 4 main narrating characters, Kai and the 3 soldiers she befriends, 'The Crystal War' includes these 4 and more narrators, allowing readers to become invested in even more of the main ...more
Kristal (Midwest_Reader)
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: march-2020-tbr
This sequel was full of twists and turns. I would say this series is for fans of dystopian, genetic super soldier programs, and a future mad max style war. It is very intriguing and it isn’t like anything I have read. It is fast paced and will keep you on the edge of your seat. I am hoping we get a third book for the all out war. Trigger warnings for drugs and surgical procedures. This book has LBGTQIA representation.
Aliza Atik
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Without being too specific so that I can avoid spoilers,this sequel has great continuity from the last novel. I loved the debut book in this series, but it left me wanting more. This sequel took the characters from the first and went deeper, giving them new challenges and allowing the reader an opportunity to watch them grow in ways that felt both true and surprising. I also learned a lot more about the world from this series, and what I assumed about characters from the first book was challenge ...more
Steve Sanford
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book did not disappoint! After reading it’s predecessor I was extremely excited to continue the saga and curious to see where the author would take us. I did not anticipate the exciting evolution of the characters and the changes in ther nature while remaining consistent with their DNA. My only regret is tha I couldn’t pick up the next book immediately after finishing this one! I am anxiously awaiting the next book in this series!
R.J. Garcia
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Crystal War is a great sequel full of twists and turns. It’s a well-crafted and original story that will appeal to sci-fi fans and contemporary alike with characters that feel real. It has enough action and romance along with plenty of intrigue to make it a page-turner. It reminds me a little of The Darkest Mind, which is another book I loved.
Linda
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can’t believe what happened to Kai, Charlie, Finn, and Raven! Both unpredictable and compelling! I couldn’t put this book down and when I read the last word and had to, I instantly wanted to pick up the next. The complexity and depth of the characters combined with the unique and fascinating plot create a memorable read that leaves you wanting more!
Mel Raza
Erin
Nov 24, 2019
Russ Auerbach
Sep 08, 2020
Em (Diversify Your Shelf)
May 22, 2020
Alexis A. Díaz
Apr 30, 2020
Kristen
May 13, 2020
Tracy Auerbach
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Meg Ripley
Caro
Dec 14, 2019

• Selected
  • In Five Years
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)
  • 82년생 김지영
  • The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War, #2)
  • The Other People
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
  • Middlegame (Middlegame, #1)
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Lovely War
  • Check, Please! Book 1: # Hockey
  • If We Were Us
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond
  • Dearest Dorin: A Romantic Ghostly Tale (Letters, #2)
  • The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • What Kind of Girl
  • Blood Moon
Tracy Auerbach is an author of science fiction and fantasy for teens and adults. As an avid reader with a vivid imagination, she chose to study film, English, and education, and went on to teach and write STEM curriculum for the New York Department of Education. This helped to polish her writing skills and ignite her passion for science fiction and fantasy.

Her first scholarly article, published i

Fragments (2 books)
  • The Sin Soldiers (Fragments #1)

News & Interviews