Start by marking “The Inevitable Fall of Christopher Cynster (Cynster Next Generation, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Inevitable Fall of Christopher Cynster (Cynster Next Generation, #8)

The Inevitable Fall of Christopher Cynster

(Cynster #28)

#1 New York Times bestselling author Stephanie Laurens returns to the Cynsters' next generation with a rollicking tale of smugglers, counterfeit banknotes, and two people falling in love.

A gentleman hoping to avoid falling in love and a lady who believes love has passed her by are flung together in a race to unravel a plot to undermine the realm.

Christopher Cynster has
Published March 19th 2020 by Savdek Management Pty Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Inevitable Fall of Christopher Cynster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Inevitable Fall of Christopher Cynster

Start your review of The Inevitable Fall of Christopher Cynster (Cynster Next Generation, #8)
Barbara Rogers
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read, iblog
Series: Cynster Next Generation #8
Publication Date: 3/19/20
Number of Pages: 460

Vane and Patience Cynster (A Rake's Vow) are traveling in the Americas and have left their oldest son, Christopher, in charge of their estate, Walkhurst Manor in Kent. Christopher knows that his plotting parents have their own motives for that his father wants to assure that Christopher is ready to take over and his mother wants to prove to him that he needs a helpmate namely a wife. Once that happens, Christopher
Virginia Tican
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this to take a break from Mysteries. The humor was still spot on, specially on the typical male Cynster allergic reaction to the inevitable 'Cynster Curse' that every Cynster of both sexes and of marriageable age were fated to succumb to willy~nilly... some kicking and screaming... some mulishly digging in their heels but as sure as the sun sets on the west and rises in the east ~ 'Resistance is Futile' (to borrow a Trekish Borg phrase). When Christopher met his Destiny, it was not in a ...more
Jessica
#15 Temptation and Surrender - ★★★★☆
#16 Viscount Breckenridge to the
Rosemarie Grainer
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So good to see another Cynster meet his match!

I love the Cynster series and seeing the children of the original series now finding their way in the world. Ellen is struggling to keep her uncle's major running smoothly until her brother is old enough to take over. Christopher is just deciding that maybe he does want to look for a wife to be his love and help him run his estate. There is Ellen, not at all what he was expecting! She is overly beribboned and bowed, and looks like a doll. But looks
Carilyn
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christopher is left to take up the reins of his parents house.

He decides to find a wife. When goats break a fence and get 8n his hips, he had no choice to look up his neighbor. There he finds Ellen and soon realizes that although he has found his wife. They face many hurdles before they can wed. With the help of his family and others,they help to stop a plot that would cause the monarchy and treasury problems.
Lester Allen
The Cynsters answer the call of the Crown

What should be a busy time with his parents away turns even more so when he meets his new neighbors. The sheep are in the hops oh no. To make matters even worse his cousin by marriage ask him to help the crown. Can his new neighbor help hold things together. As all ways the Cynster cousins can be counted on to keep you excited and deal out the romance
Pj Wright
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Someday I'll have time to reread every Stephanie Laurens books again.

I'm happy to have Christopher story told, so highly recommend this book with no spoilers from me.
But I really want the time to read every book again. I Will admit that many have already be read multiple times by me. But it's time for a complete re-read from start to finish. I'm looking forward to that time. This author's work is enduring, I always look forward to sinking into her world. Thank you again.
Diane
A great read

This book is part of the Cynster Next Generation series. It has the usual suspense element Cynster male asked to serve the crown. A lady partner to help him. Some Cynster fami!y and connections to help. But it all starts with goats that bring a man to his true love even if they are hidden in the trappings. I really enjoyed this read
Susan H Garris
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christopher and Ellen

I just love this author and the continuation of the Cynster books with the next generation. I have read almost every book she has written, some more than once. This story was great, a little romance, a little intrigue and ending with a wedding. So the Cynsters get together and there is a lot of guessing as to who will call victim to the Cynster curse.
Elaine Wilson
Mar 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Not among my favorites from the author. I felt the story had a lot of repetitive information. Needed tighter editing. Also the emphasis on Ellen's dress got a little boring and didn't have a resolution. I, at the least, expected her to be rescued by dropping rosettes and ribbons along the road.
Louise Risser
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Next to fall

As usual, the next Cynster romance was a page Turner. Ms Lauren's has a way of doing a stand alone book but keeping you invested with her main family. I recommend this as well as all of her books.
Diane Morrell
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You really can't go wrong with a story by Laurens. I just loved these characters and the plot of this book. I love all the Cynsters. Can't wait to read the next installment of the Cynsters saga.
Michele bookloverforever
I still enjoy this author's love stories.
Sandra Graham
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cynster love

Every one of the family has their own exciting adventure. Loved all the stories and I want to start over and reread everyone of them
LaShawn Wiltz
Mar 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Not one of her best. Felt... obligatory . Like she needed this one so she could move on to the next
Kim
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
This was more of a whodunit story that was loosely wrapped around a Victorian/puritan love story.
Maureen Page
Mar 20, 2020
Gay Landberg
Mar 29, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Woman of True Honor  (True Gentlemen, #8)
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
  • In Bed with the Earl (Lost Lords of London, #1)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • The Spinster Who Saved a Scoundrel (The Brethren #5)
  • A Forgotten Murder
  • Lethal Game (GhostWalkers, #16)
  • A Counterfeit Courtesan (The Shelley Sisters Book 3)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Shelley Sisters Book 1)
  • The First Snowdrop (Frazer, #1)
  • The Black Beast of Belleterre: A Victorian Christmas Novella
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink #3)
  • A Reckless Runaway (The Shelley Sisters, #2)
  • Tucker (The McBrides of Texas #2; Eternity Springs #17)
  • A Lady of True Distinction (True Gentlemen #7)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • Love and Other Perils: A Regency Novella Duet
Stephanie Laurens was born in Sri Lanka, which was at the time the British colony of Ceylon. When she was 5, her family moved to Melbourne, Australia, where she was raised. After continuing through school and earning a Ph.D. in Biochemistry in Australia, Stephanie and her husband moved to Great Britain, taking one of the last true overland journeys from Katmandu to London.

Once in London, Stephanie

Cynster (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Devil's Bride (Cynster, #1)
  • A Rake's Vow (Cynster, #2)
  • Scandal's Bride (Cynster, #3)
  • A Rogue's Proposal (Cynster,  #4)
  • A Secret Love (Cynster, #5)
  • All About Love (Cynster, #6)
  • All About Passion (Cynster, #7)
  • On a Wild Night (Cynster, #8)
  • On a Wicked Dawn (Cynster, #9)
  • The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10)