Start by marking “Shadowed Lover (Blood Bound #1)” as Want to Read:
Shadowed Lover (Blood Bound #1)

Shadowed Lover (Blood Bound #1)

Loyalties will be tested.

Brooding leader of the Revenant, Drake is still haunted by the loss of his twin sister over a decade ago. Tasked with investigating a string of female kidnappings in the jaguar shifter world, he’s also asked to protect the Leo’s only daughter, who turns out to be a lot more than he bargained for.

Betrayals will be revealed.

Headstrong daughter of the
Published May 11th 2020 by Vixen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shadowed Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadowed Lover

Start your review of Shadowed Lover (Blood Bound #1)
Elysian Fields
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, ku
This story was very fun; it was steamy, action packed, had sassy characters and a well delivered plot. I started this story and was immediately taken with the depth of the characters the author created. Each was unique and fun to read about but also felt like a real person, like I had known them for years. The story is about a man hired to protect a woman, but it is also a story of mystery, hunting down a killer and the passion that develops between the two in the process. It was well balanced a ...more
Leila Matthews
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in return for my honest review.

Neve is a strong willed female shifter, daughter of her prides Leo, and determined to be more than a wife and mother as is expected of her.

Drake is the leader of the Revenant, the elite Shadows. 10 years ago his twin sister disappeared and now Drakes position means he is charged with investigating multiple kidnappings of female jaguar shifters.

Neves cousin disappears and in an attempt to keep his only child safe her father asks Drake to protect h
April Bruner
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shadowed Lover is a great read full of suspense, mystery, and romance. It’s a thrilling introduction to a new world of panther shifters and the society they live in. The characters were well written - Drake is a caring, protective, leader and Neve is a strong feminist. I loved their spirited banter throughout the story. I must admit the secondary characters' story pulled at my heartstrings and left me wanting more information about them. I'm looking forward to learning more about their story in ...more
Danica Peck
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Captivating. Addictive. Heartwrenching. Passionate. These are just a few words I would use to describe Shadowed Lover.

I received an ARC of this book and I absolutely loved it. The characters were sassy and strong. The story line was complex and engaging with emotions, the action, the story plot.

The first few chapters, I had to really focus on the different character views. But as soon as my head was used to it, it was an easy flow and gave more depth to the story.

I look forward to the next in
RogueThreads
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced reading copy of this book for an honest review. I really enjoyed it. I did find the multiple views a little stuttering to the story to begin with, but it ended up working out once I got used to it. The story is fast paced and once I got used to it jumping people; an easy read that kept me hooked.
Lauren Dawes
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
EXCERPT
© LAUREN DAWES 2020

Stripping out of his sweats, he thought about the cat who inhabited his body, sharing his blood, his instincts, and his brain. He thought about him coming to the surface of his mind. Between one breath and the next, Drake’s vision changed from color to muted shades of blue and gray. Throwing his head back, he roared and let the beast out.
For three hundred agonizing seconds his bones broke and reset. His muscles and tendons were torn and reformed to fit his cat’s sleeke
Danielle (The Caffeinated Book Addict)
☕️☕️☕️ 3.8

This review is definitely going to be a little more critical than I usually write. I know I usually focus on my feelings about the book in my reviews. And these are still just my feelings and opinions, but there are some things I wanted to touch on to explain my rating for this book.

I'm going to start off with saying that for the most part, I did enjoy Shadowed Lover. I liked the writing, and most of the characters. But from the synopsis I got the impression that it would just be our
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Shadowed Lover is new and full of action! Dawes is a new author for me, the blurb pulled me in and the book cover is so gorgeous. I think this was a great foundation book, Shadow lover has so much going on. I did get a bit lost in all the detail and background information, which seemed like about 50% of the book. The other 50% which I thought was the storyline, I genuinely enjoyed. It's interesting and definitely an original, the main parts of the story grip you and pull strongly on your emotion ...more
Katt Faëhart
Sep 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Heather Russell
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW this book really draws you in! The world of Panther shifters that Lauren Dawes creates really pulls you in and makes you want more! I can’t say enough how much I really enjoyed this book! I’ve already read it twice and it really is a breathtaking fantastic book!

One Kick Ass female panther that wants to break out of the expected mold. Neve isn’t the typical female panther shifter. Neve wants more than to be just a wife and mother. She trains with the enforcers of her pride.
When Drake the le
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Shadowed Lover has a lot of action and suspense from the first page. The characters were well defined and I enjoyed getting to know all of them. There is a lot going on in this story with a few different point of views. I did get confused going back and forth and I felt that the different POVs took a little away from the story. I found myself a few times skimming over certain POVs.

Neve and Drake were great. I really liked Neve and how she wanted to be her own person instead of what the pride ex
Susanna Fazekas
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yet another fantastic book written by Lauren Dawes! I was pulled in to the story within the first couple of sentences. If you like dark urban fantasy that's action-packed with some steamy romance, then I would highly recommend this book! I couldn't get enough of this book; I would like to read more! Can't wait for the next one to come out. I also really like the different POV's of the main characters. Also, the world of the Shifters is highly intriguing and mysterious. It's a really well-written ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This is a new author to me and I definitely will be continuing reading her work!! If I have a criticism of a book I’d like to get that out of the way first and with the multiple POV’s it was slightly confusing. But once the story hit its groove I didn’t notice it as much. Neve is a strong, independent and sassy female panther shifter. She wants more out of life than just being a mother and a mate. Her father allows her to train as an enforcer for the pride. Drake is the leader of the
Rachel Osborne
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a first book of what's going to be an amazing series. This first book has action, adventure and steamy scenes that will have you wanting book two as soon as you finish this book. The characters are beautifully created and keep you engaged throughout the book. The plot thickens and flows at a steady pace, keeping you wanting to find out what's happening each and every pages you turn. It's a fun book and a very enjoyable read. Dawes has created a beautiful book that has everything you could w ...more
Taylor Merchant
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review

This is a story about a man hired to protect a woman, with some mystery, hunting down the killer, and a lot of passion with the two main characters. Drake is caring and protective. Neve is a strong and a feminist. This was a great book into a new panther shifter world. The secondary character left you wanting more of their stories too. It was a great read and would highly recommend.
Raveen Vann
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book by this author and what an amazing book it is! I absolutely fell in love with the story as well as Neve and Drake. Everything about this had me so very intrigued. Just couldn't get enough of this at all.
Cynthia
Vik Damini
Mar 19, 2020
Kathy
Apr 27, 2020

• The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3)
  • Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2)
  • Life's a Witch (Guild of Guardians, #1)
  • A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1)
  • Periculum (Devil's Playground #1)
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
  • Dark Fae (The Dark Fae, #1)
  • Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
  • Ink (Colors of Crime #3)
  • Winter's Arrow (X-Clan, #2)
  • Hell Hath No Fury
  • The Gallos (Men of Inked, #0.5)
  • Zhànzhì: A Dark Retelling
  • The Rival Roomies (The Rooftop Crew, #3)
  • Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)
  • Taking the Fall (Vipers MC #1)
  • Heart Thief
  • Somethin' About That Boy
Lauren Dawes is a USA Today Bestselling Author. She's an urban fantasy/paranormal romance writer and the author of the Half Blood Series and the Dark Trilogy. You won’t find any friendly vampires in between the pages of her books; just blood, teeth and violence.

When she’s not writing, she’s reading or designing book covers. She currently lives in Canberra, Australia with her husband, daughter and

News & Interviews