Start by marking “Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom!: Ghosthunters #4” as Want to Read:
Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom!: Ghosthunters #4

Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom!: Ghosthunters #4 (Ghosthunters #4)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  538 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
To earn his Ghosthunting Diploma, Tom’s got to nab a deadly Twelfth Messenger. But while on the hunt in the haunted town of Bogpool, Tom stumbles into the mucked-up lair of a mud-loving minotaur who has an entire army of ghosts at his command. Suddenly there’s a lot more at stake than Tom’s graduation. This raging beast is dead-set on doomsday–and that’s no bull!
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published April 10th 2007 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom!

Charles Streams
The fourth and I think final in these ghosthunter books. It was still fun and silly like the others, but did have a little more plot than most talking about Tom's diploma. A little weird to suddenly start adding "gentle reader" asides. Kind of made me wish there was another book after this, it would've been fun to see Hetty and Erwin get together. A fun plot with the minotaur and ghostly town. Made me feel like I was reading a John Bellairs book.
Alexa
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eine schöne und spannende Kindergeschichte. Rundum gelungen.
Monika
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lõpuks ometi on Tomi oskused suured, et ta on valmis "tondipüüdja diplomi" saamiseks vajalikku eksamit sooritama. Selgub, et tont, kelle vastu ta saadetakse, on hoopis tugevam ja hirmsam kui esialgu arvati ning temaga võitlemiseks tuleb kõik jõud ühendada. Raske on, aga loomulikult nad võidavad.
See on Cornelia Funke tondipüüdjate neljaosalise sarja viimane raamat, eelmised kolm on:
1. "Ghosthunters and the Incredibly Revolting Ghost!"
2. "Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost!"
Saskia Marijke Niehorster-Cook
On the wings of the first book on this series, I tried finding book two and three, but Alas! (Spanish for wings, lol) I could not find them. Is it that we have too many books? My husband would definitively say YES! YES! I love books, so for me it would be a resounding NO, NO! I have held on to the dream that one day I will have a place filled with books and a ping pong table and a fussball table and an air hockey table and some board games, etc, and will be open for children and teenagers to com ...more
Barbara
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom is the fourth book in Cornelia Funke’s Ghosthunters series. The Audible version helped make a long car ride with a nine-year old go more quickly and smoothly. Cornelia Funke is a great children’s author and this series is perfect for seven to ten-year old Ghostbusters fans. There is just enough suspense to keep that age group totally engaged. There is also enough humor to keep adults happy. In this adventure, eleven-year old Tom is working on the final ...more
Simon
Dec 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last book in the series and by far the most exhilarating. It most likely has to do with the amount of ghosts and the danger of them all and the main Zarogoth.

But that is that. The books are over and no new ones will be made, so i guess this is a bid farewell to the characters that I read four books with. If I had been younger, I would have probably been sad it was over, but I remain neutral at this point.

See ya guys, thanks for the chuckle.
Min
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hands down, this is her best book in the series.
The added dangers of Tom working to achieve his diploma against an ancient force few have encountered, and lived.
What a romp and a ride to discover how Tom will defeat this creature he must battle alone, or not receive his awards.
This needs not be the last. I am hungry for more.
Sande
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gen
Finally got to finish the series. I still remember picking up the first book in the series 10 years ago. Took some time to get my hands on these books but worth it. Hopefully there will be more books in this series.
Karen
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wait -- this is the last one? But... but... but... what about Erwin Hornheaver? I completely adored him in this book and he really, really needs to return.

Still, this book was wonderful. Such a great story. So many wonderful characters. There needs to be more.
Eoin
Nov 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, fantasy, fiction
This was a fun series. I liked the first two books much more than the second two. Although, I think the second was my least favorite. I once again state that these books are such easy-reads and so simple that I can not say much about them except, Enjoy.
Zoe
Nov 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third Cornelia Funke "Ghosthunters" book we've listened to in the car. The kids love it, and, while I do not, I still can appreciate Cornelia Funke's elegant writing style and her integrity as an author of amazingly diverse and entertaining children's books.
Lilianarcastro
tom has to defeat a demon.His director asighned him to go to a village and defeat a demon.And he could only take one partner to help him.
And if he defeated it he would get his deploma.
Annalee
Feb 10, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Too scary for Kate and a little bit dark... demons and such.
Miriam
Sep 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a fun series. My kids really enjoyed it
Lindsay
I read this to my boys and although they liked it --it was too scary for me! :)The first in the series is pretty cute though!
Brian
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More suspenseful than any of the others I have read.
Angie
Jul 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
We listened to this in the car and enjoyed it.
Oliver
Mar 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it because you get to know all the ghosts.
The Styling Librarian
Read most of Cornelia Funke's books. This one is cute. Fast read. Good for those kids that like ghost stories w/o too much suspense.
Beka
Jun 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun series about a boy, his grandmother's friend who hunts ghosts, and their not-so-scary ghost friend who helps them. Very fun and imaginative.
Angela
May 02, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kidsbooks, audiobooks
Fun quick audiobook---good series for reluctant readers.
Hope
Squee! Johnny Cash reference on disc 3!
Majahid
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
OK childrens book.
Lesley
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We loved this last installment of this series. My kids ask to listen / read to this series again and again!
Luca
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that the book is vert good. I just reda it, I liked it a lot.
Carmen
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-in-german
Tom will sein Dritten Gespensterjäger Diplom bekommen. Es soll kein Problem sein. Er hat Hilfe von Hedwig Kümmelsaft und Gespenst Hugo. Aber das Dorf Moorweiher hat viele Probleme.
Patricia
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me encantó. Es una lectura rápida y divertida :D
Ily
Aug 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
We listened to this as a family in the car. The boys love these ghosthunters book. This one inspired us to play in mud more.
Amy
Dec 03, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this with my son in the car. He thought it was great even though it was a bit over his head. It was a cute, silly story.
Christine Gaskins
The series is cheesy , but it is meant for pre-teens. It is not terrible though. It is ok if you are in between books and want short stories while you find your next novel.
  • Wabi: A Hero's Tale
  • Robbie Forester and the Outlaws of Sherwood Street (outlaws of Sherwood Street, #1)
  • The Fires Beneath the Sea (The Dissenters, #1)
  • Ghostsitters (Araminta Spookie, #5)
  • Zepha The Monster Squid (Beast Quest, #7)
  • Muddle Earth (Muddle Earth, #1-#3)
  • In den Kordilleren
  • Rapunzel and the Seven Dwarfs: A Maynard Moose Tale
  • The Silver Casket (Something Wickedly Weird, #3)
  • World's Oldest Living Dragon (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #16)
  • You Wish (The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff, #1)
  • Sam The Cat Detective (Sam the Cat Mystery, #1)
  • A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home
  • The Stones of Ravenglass (Chronicles of the Red King, #2)
  • Okay, Andy!
  • Schattenjagd
  • Gegensätze ziehen sich aus (Mütter-Mafia, #3)
Cornelia Funke is a multiple award-winning German illustrator and storyteller, who writes fantasy for all ages of readers. Amongst her best known books is the Inkheart trilogy. Many of Cornelia's titles are published all over the world and translated into more than 30 languages. She has two children, two birds and a very old dog and lives in Los Angeles, California.
More about Cornelia Funke...

Ghosthunters (4 books)
  • Ghosthunters and the Incredibly Revolting Ghost (Ghosthunters, #1)
  • Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost!
  • Ghosthunters and the Totally Moldy Baroness!