Start by marking “Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)” as Want to Read:
Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)

Joke's on You

(SWAT Generation 2.0 #6)

Booth Pena definitely didn’t make the smartest of decisions when he was a teenager.

At eighteen, he knocked a girl up and signed up for the military all in the same day—signing his life away in more ways than one. Fast forward six weeks and he’s in boot camp learning that he’s going to be a father while also learning that not only is he going to be deployed, but it’s going
Published June 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Joke's on You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Busola Yes the child is a boy. Probably just an error in the blurb

Start your review of Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Edited:
Sooo.... the author changed the daughter to a son. IMO she should’ve just rewritten the whole damn thing. What kind a self respecting woman would take her sister left overs? True they only slept once but once it’s one too many for me. He ain’t worth it if he slept with your sister because you didn’t give him the time of the day.. plus you will remember that your sister had him first and he got her pregnant too. How much pathetic can someone be.? I also heard that he was drugged and tho
Carmen Rae
Of all the books in this series I have been most hesitant of this one and the next one. Having been introduced to Booth and Dillon and Asa and Delaney and Bourne in previous books and knowing the bare basics of their story I had no idea how the author was going to address it.

Even having read the book and finding out all of the circumstances around baby Asa, I still can't get my head around the whole Aunty / stepmum thing. But then in the next breathe, who cares? As long as everyone is happy and
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
so, I gave it a chance. Wasn't impressed with the explanation or how it was handled...as it seems is LLV's way it was basically all just swept under the rug. For being a heroine who "dealt, addressed, and thrived on confrontation" she sure spent a lot of time (5+) years of avoiding it AND jumped in bed with her sisters baby daddy real quick after it was explained that he was drugged and thought it was her. Also, while I can understand the need for parents who parent together even when not togeth ...more
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I've been waiting to hear the real deal between Booth and Dillan ever since I read subtle hints about their situation in other books. I went into this story with fear and trepidation. I had a feeling that LLV would make me feel better, but I didn't know how. Why? Because their situation was the hottest of hot messes and I couldn't figure out how anyone could move on from it.

The situation: Booth has a twin brother, Bourne. Dillan has a twin sister, Delanie. Booth always liked Dillan and Dillan al
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was one I proceeded with cautiously as the situation involved the hero and the heroine’s sister. I was worried about the dynamics but after the backstory and how the characters interacted, I’m glad I took the chance on it.

The plot was in some was OTT but it was entertaining nonetheless. I liked that Dillon didn’t just accept things as they were. She took her time in forgiving. However, she allowed herself to be open. Booth was a good match for her. They had good chemistry. The set up
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Jokes on You brings us the weird double twin love quadrilateral that we have all been waiting for (well, those of us who have been reading this series anyway)! Let me say: I went into this book with a lot of icky feelings about the idea of the hero, Booth, having a baby with the heroine's twin sister (Delanie). That whole "sleeping with your sister's ex" is weird enough, but throw in a baby and I was just already giving a hard side eye to this book.

Now, having told you I was side eyeing ha
Lydia
Nope. I’m grossed out
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shelves: didi-reviews
So I went into Joke’s on You with a bit of trepidation…two sets of twins, two sets of hot chemistry, one night that turns their entire worlds upside down and obliterates their dreams.  I should have known Lani Lynn Vale would not let me down.  In all honesty the basic circumstances this group fall into is not my favorite and it will still bother me a little but I still enjoyed Booth and Dillan’s story very much and cannot wait to read Bourne and Delanie’s story.   Asa is adorable and an extremel ...more
Gi's Spot Reviews
3.5 ‘No More Denying’ Stars

Holy Hell! Only Lani Lynn Vale can turn my ‘fear’ into enjoyment, and a major clusterf@ck of situation into just a damn complicated one, and Jokes on Joke is the number one proof of that!

Like I mentioned in the previous book, I also both anxious and fearful of this book, because sleeping with the heroine’s sister a one of my biggest no no’es. After all is explained and why the event happened – I will not spoil it for you, lol – that issue didn’t hurt me nearly as much
Chaos Book Reviews.
When I read the end of May Contain Wine I was super excited to know how the the Booth, Dillian, Bourne, Delanie drama would play out. I know a lot of people are extremely grossed out or disappointed in this story line, but for me...ALL. ABOUT. THE. DRAMA.

I'm a little sadistic like that. I wanted to know every detail. I freaking love drama. I was kinda invested in this drama. Well Booth and Dillian's story wasn't a huge disappointment. But Nor was fully invested after I started reading.

Once agai
Kathy West
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a messed-up situation!!

Booth and Dillan and Delanie and Bourne. (Make sure you keep each person straight or you will get confused a bit.)

Booth and Dillan were made for each other but never knew it.

When Booth made a mistake and slept with Dillan's sister Delanie, he never would have guess he would get her pregnant. Problem is, neither one of them remember that night. ( I knew something was off about that night)

Booth and Dillan started to see they were made for each other but were cautious be
Frances
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
I've read a few reviews well not REAL reviews of this book all because people read the blurb and assumed the worst. Y'all are a disgrace. I get that books can be a hard no for you, so skip it. Don't review and pull the author's name through the dirt because the blurb isn't your cup of tea.
And the few "reviews" I did read, you are wrong. This book is not what it seems and you missed out on some good writing. Lani Lynn Vale twisted this story in a good way.
I have not read everything that LLV has
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Apple | Nook | Kobo

Booth is just trying to live his life - be the best dad he can to his son Asa, the best SWAT officer he can, and get through life knowing he can never have the woman he's always wanted, who happens to be his son's mother's sister. Talk about a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Dillan's rightly upset that Booth got her sister pregnant, considering she is the one who has feelings for him, not her sister. So they all just go about their l
Emily
Five years ago Booth Pena made a mistake by sleeping with the twin of the girl he was falling for. He can't explain what happened but it ended up with a pregnancy, a son he loves and Dillon, the girl of his dreams, hating him. Booth still wants Dillon, he is nuts about her and in a moment of clarity he decides enough is enough and tackles the elephant in the room that is keeping them apart.

Dillon gets the answers she needs and she is ready to move on with Booth. However something about the whol
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
description
Complicated life, complicated love…

Oh wow – was the relationship between Booth and Dillan uber-awkward! After a crazy incident, an unexpected pregnancy, military duty and five years of life, the two were back together again. To sort and figure out what happened, or at least make more sense of it, and work out what they were going to do next…

I loved this drama-filled, wild ride of family of love! They’d had feelings for each other, or at least a spark, but before they could do anything about it,
Kodie Mackay
Ahhh. Finally after not so subtle teasing from this author through this series, we finally have Booth Pena and Dillian Davidsdottir's story.

Two sets of twins in love with eachother. The problem though.. is that they had a baby and not with the one they're in love with.
Gasps everywhere right!. Talk about a freaking plot twist. Alas have no fear, Lani will not steer you wrong. Even if you doubt her for a small second. Hahaha.

I mean if there is ever a way to mess up a relationship before it even
Erin Lewis
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review Jokes On You (Swat Next Generation 2.0 #5) by Lani Lynn Vale

I’m really not sure where to start with this review. I knew from the ending of the previous book that this would be one heck of a complicated story but I had no idea how much.

I had a hard time relating to Booth Pena and in fact it took me most of the book to warm up to him. I found and Dillan Davidsdottir easier to relate to, although truthfully I didn’t understand how she could be so forgiving.

We all make mistakes, it’
2OCC Reviews
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica, gemma
Jessica’s Review

Booth and Dillan finally got their HEA after everything they went through. It was a hard earned one for them. Booth was done waiting and boy did he put all his cards in the table. There was no push or pull from Dillan which I loved. She know that they belonged together.

The banter between these two was great. It was easy and I could feel their love for each other. The drama...... it felt a little rushed. Not that it was bad, because I wanted to get their their HEA fast. I’m think
Rhonda Ziglar
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 SWEET DOUGHNUT STARS!! Wow, what a quick fun read that brought a huge smile to my face. I love any book with cops and this one was perfect. Booth and Dillan have a story to tell you and they are both twins....let the fun begin. This story has all the feels with some complications suspense. Looking for a quick read to escape in with some heat... here you go.
Britt The Hatters
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves, 2020-faves
No joke, my first words upon opening this book were “BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!” So I think that should explain the level of expectation I had going in to this book. 👏 I 👏 was 👏 excited 👏 And like Lani Lynn Vale always seems to do, she surpassed all my expectations with this book. Like, my expectations were chilling out around cloud height and Lani’s like “naaaaaaah” and soars to outer space with her super author cape waving behind her.
*I am fully aware I’m dramatic. D
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, I've just about loved every single book in this series. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one or not because of the various things that happens in this. But it's definitely not what you think, there's more to the story and wow.

I went in thinking I'd have some major problems with some of the characters, but you'll be pleasantly surprised that I actually loved all of them.

Truly loved Booth and Dillan's story, the heroes are always to the point and not ones to mess arou
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, alpha-male
4.50 Stars
I have been waiting for Booth since this series started. And I wasn't disappointed. I love him

When we were introduced to Booth and Bourne and Dillan and Delanie it was like... WTH is going on here.
Booth was attracted to Dillan when he met her, but for some reason he slept with Delanie and she got pregnant. Dillan fell in love with Booth the moment she met him, but for some reason he slept with her sister and they have a son. But even through all this Dillan can't help who her heart w
April Symes
Joke's On You is Book 5 in Swat Next Generation 2.0 by Lani Lynn Vale.
Get ready for the drama-rama! This is the beginning of the Booth, Dillian, Bourne, Delanie drama. Joke's on You is Booth and Dillian's story. Booth and Dillian had crushes on each other back but 5 years before, he made a mistake and slept with Dillian's twin sister, Delanie. Out of that came his son. Fast forward to now, Booth is ready to start pursuing Dillian and show her that he has never gave up on his feelings for her.
It
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was waiting for this book ever since reading about the messed up love triangle that it’s about. Can we still call it that when 4 people are involved? Hmm, I don’t know.
Booth and Bourne are identical twins,
and Delanie are identical twins.
Booth likes Dillan, Delanie likes Bourne and vice versa.
Booth and Delanie hook up. He thought it was Dillan, she thought it was Bourne, nine months later a son is born.
Confused?! Don’t be, it’s really not that complicated 😉!
Fast forward 5 years and after
Neringa Neringiukas
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not sure, how I feel about this book. I'm a bit irritated how Dillan and Booth was so late on truth, well okay mostly Dillan, because she had all the pieces that needed to put the big part of puzzle, that I was already guessed with first snippets given. And the more snippets I got, the more I was sure.
But at the end, I'm giving strong 4 stars just for Bobo. Hes a star in this book for sure.
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"

HOLY MAMA! This book was amazing! We had suspense, drama, smexy times, and swoon-worthy moments that would have anyone dreamy-eyed!

Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0 #6 and is probably the most anticipated book for me in this series! Don't get me, wrong ladies, I cannot wait to devour Bourne and Denalie's book coming up. There was just something about Mr. Booth Pena and Dillan Davidsdottir that had me intrigued since the moment I was first introduced to them.

That push and pull that Booth and Di
All Booked Out
Jun 07, 2020 rated it liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️.5

Jokes On You is the sixth book in the KPD Swat Generation 2.0 series, where we finally get the long awaited story of Booth and Dillon.

Booth is in love with Dillon, but gets her twin sister Delanie pregnant, whilst Delanie is in love with Booth’s twin brother, Bourne. It’s this huge, complicated and messy situation that to be honest you just can’t look away from. One job callout situation goes pear shaped and Booth is left questioning his life and what he truly wants, and that happens to
Demetra | Demi Reads
Shelves: e-books, arcs
It’s been a while since I got a LLV e-book; I mostly get her audiobooks through Audible lately. I haven’t really read all the books in the series, so I’m not familiar with all the characters featured. It wasn’t hard for me to keep up with the story though!

Booth and Dillan’s story is a complicated one. They both have identical twins; Delaney is Dillan’s sister and Bourne is Booth’s brother. While reading the synopsis you’ll learn that Booth and Delaney slept together, and she ended up pregnant. H
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Lani Lynn Vale is back with the sixth installment in the SWAT Generation 2.0 series and y'all, whew I knew this book was gonna be a doozy by just my history with this series plus throw in that crazy complicated sounding blurb. Well what I got between the pages in Joke's on You far exceeded anything I could've imagined (hats off to you Lani for handling this couple with skill and ease!) and left me wanting so much more. **hurry up next book!!**

Joke's on You is Booth and Dillan's story and
Robyn Corcoran
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it

Another fun story where you are thoroughly entertained with a great romance, some good humour and a touch of suspense.

I absolutely love Dillon and Booth as a couple, they not only have great chemistry but they just gel so well together personality wise too. Dillon has such a loving and caring nature, she is a total gem. She’s hardworking and sensible but can enjoy mucking around with the best of them. Booth, I remember his character being so cheeky when he was younger, well he’s certainly gr
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Hell Hath No Fury
  • Asher (Ashes & Embers, #6)
  • The Modern Gentleman
  • Ruthless Princess (Mafia Royals, #1)
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him #9)
  • Operation Bailey Babies (The Baileys, #6.5)
  • Titan (Dark Kings, #1)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You
  • Bachelor Boss (The Bachelors Club, #2)
  • Hooking Him (How to Catch an Alpha, #3)
  • A Royal Mistake (The Rooftop Crew, #2)
  • Rafe (Arizona Vengeance #6.5)
  • When the Walls Come Down
  • One Night Only (The Extravagant, #1)
  • Little Hoodlum (Hood River Hoodlums, #2)
  • Sweet Spot
  • My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew, #1)
  • A Slice of Love (Slice, #4)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

SWAT Generation 2.0 (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)
  • Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)
  • May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)
  • Join the Club (SWAT Generation 2.0, #7)
  • Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0, #8)
  • Say It Ain't So (SWAT Generation 2.0, #9)
  • Officially Over It (SWAT Generation 2.0, #10)
  • Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0, #11)

News & Interviews