Start by marking “Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae #1)” as Want to Read:
Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae #1)

Fae Hunter

(Tangled Fae #1)

Think you know fae? Think again.

Our lives are nursery rhymes and faerie stories now, Allie.

When Allie Hunter's twin sister steps through a magic circle into the Faerie realm, she opens the door to deadly fae, bent on causing havoc and harm to Allie's village.

Rendered blind to all but the spirit world, Allie is frustrated and angry but determined to bring the fae down. No m
Published December 11th 2019 by Sarah K. L. Wilson

Start your review of Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae #1)
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you Sarah!! This was AMAZING!

5 twisted stars for a delightfully engaging tale!

fan art by The Magic Book Corner

Allie Hunter is the girl that no one sees. Or better said, they see and avoid. Not only because her twin sister Hulanna outshines her everywhere. Allie's prickly nature, combined with a hawk nose, too bright red hair, sharp features and a less than perfect figure make for the perfect combination for people to avoid.
Elizabeth Dragina
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memorable
4.5 stars ~

I NEED MORE OF THIS WORLD. *Is dying*

Honestly I have shocked myself by loving this book so much. I don't really like Fae.....they're deceptive and full of magic. I thought I'd give this one a try because I got it for free (and THAT COVER HAD ME GASPING) ... *shrugs* Once I started reading I couldn't seem to put it down. I connected with the MC almost immediately....her motive and determination match my own.

The World Building and Legends also really hooked me. I love a good Fantasy
The Girl with the Sagittarius Tattoo
After a pretty slow start, this finally grabbed my interest with a third left to go.

In a medievally time, fae are a myth and families provide their communities with unique services (hunting, chanting, healing, etc.). Twin sisters Hulanna and Alastra enter a forbidden circle of stones to "call forth" Hulanna's destined mate, never believing it would really work. Hulanna disappears into the faewold and Allie runs for her life from the 3 fae chasing her home.

Calamity ensues. The village is menaced
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
When I first started reading this I was very intrigued. A girl trying to find her twin sister and dad after she had been recently blinded. I don't know what happened but along the line it just stopped being as interesting as it had started. I know this is YA and the book is about a teenage girl but I got tired of her getting upset at Olen just because he wanted someone else, it wasn't excessive but it got on my nerves nonetheless.

MK ( MaKayla) ✨
Until I have the words for a proper review ;

This is AMAZING !!! 😍😭 If you haven't read it honestly WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE !!
Honestly what was I doing with my life ?? 😂😂

Suzannah
Aug 26, 2021 added it
Shelves: fantasy, rating-pg
I enjoyed my last Sarah K L Wilson read so much that I decided to jump into this series. This very short novel is just the first part of a much bigger story, and feels like it: despite the rather deceptively quiet beginning, the book improves throughout before ending on a fabulous cliffhanger. Comparisons to Holly Black's THE CRUEL PRINCE seem apt: this version of Faerie is similarly terrifying and cruel, and the uneasy relationship between our determined heroine and the fae she has trapped in h ...more
Christa
After Allie and her sister open a Faerie circle and her sister is stolen away, Allie is determined to get her back. Her encounter gives her the second sight - she’s blind to our world but can see the trails of the Fae. With the help of an artifact from her grandmothers, she captures a fae attempts to use him to get her sister back. Even though the fae cannot lie, they can deceive, and Allie isn’t sure if she can trust anyone.

Oh this book is good y’all. I read one and two back to back so I don’t
G.K. DeRosa
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deliciously dark yet witty, Sarah Wilson has created a vivid new world of devious Fae and the human girl desperate to stop them to get her sister back. With a strong heroine and a plot filled with twists and turns, this first book in the Tangled Fae series is a fast-paced delight sure to intrigue fans of Holly Black and all things dark Fae.
Carina  Shephard
3.25 stars // read September 2021 (psst, this book is currently free!)

The following review is fairly critical- fans of dark fantasy who are willing to commit to a series might really enjoy Fae Hunter; personally I had a lot of mixed feelings.

First, the characters. Fae Hunter features an interesting array, but unfortunately, all of the characters seem to devolve as the story goes on. Allie changes from a down-to-earth young Hunter (“blindness is only a situation, not a sentence”) to a bitter and
Chiara | _ckarys
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: indie-books
I joined a promotional tour on Instagram and received a free copy of the book.

This book has many elements that wooed me in even before reading it: a gorgeous cover, fae, romance and it was compared to The Cruel Prince. If you like those elements as well, chances are you will enjoy Fae Hunter. It was a fun read, and though the pacing was a bit slow in the beginning, it picked up after the first fifty or so pages. The deceiving and manipulative aspects of the fae made the story extremely lively an
Tara Grayce
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stories-with-fae
This book was an unexpected delight! Full of twisty Fae and one determined girl who only wants to save her village and her sister from Fae she accidentally helped release into the world.

This whole series is an audiobook, and the narrator (Caitlyn Kelly) is one of my favorites! I'm so glad I was able to binge-listen to the first three books. I've been told the next two are coming onto audiobook shortly, and I can't wait!
Dee
Apr 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
WHO WRITES LIKE THAT IM LOSING MY MIND

ok im reading at the speed of light for allie and scourvel and who's doing it like them?? no one....... no tropes fit them, they're so twisty and turny i want to scream. im on book 4 and they aren't even officially 'together ', which is a ridiculous notion, they simply aren't and can never be a normal couple, not when scouvrel's determined to kill her 😂 while saying things like

Let me be very clear, Knave,” I said. “Killing me – for any reason at all – is n
Stephanie
   I really wanted to like this more than I did. But when the description says it is “trope-filled”, well, it wasn’t kidding. Faerie who love a good game, bargain, and are bloodthirsty, and magical creatures who cause nothing but havoc on the human world. Add in a determined 17-year-old heroine determined to right what went wrong (view spoiler), is clearly in over her head and must quickly learn the rules of the game i ...more
Phoebe
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twin sisters went to the stone to dance. One to fulfill a childhood dream and one to live out a nightmare.

Hulanna convinced her sister Allie to dance with her at the stones hoping to open the portal to the fairies. Once they did, Hulanna willingly left a Shining One. Another came after and chased Allie trying to catch her. During the chase, Allie gets knocked out.

When she wakes up she can no longer see the world like she used to. Hulanna is gone. Her father a Hunter has to find her and the other
Melanie
Jan 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNFed it at 50%. I couldn’t keep reading this. I feel like I read a book completely different from what everyone who rated it 5 stars did. It was boring, cringy and didn’t make sense. There was a lot of lacking in details and development during scenes. The characters were horrible and had no personality. I just couldn’t push myself through this. I was expecting so much and I was completely disappointed.
Inkslinger
Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae Book 1) by Sarah K.L. Wilson

ARC provided by XpressoTours and Sarah K.L. Wilson. All opinions are mine and freely given.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

"When the barriers were weak, they came in. They were smoke and mirrors. They were dust and mist. They stole into our minds as smoke under a door. They slid through our thoughts as oil in water. We welcomed them. We wanted them. We were them.
- Tales of the Faewald"

03-11: 'Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae #1)' by Sarah K.L. Wilson was a really nice surprise. After a
Hailey
Feb 24, 2021 rated it did not like it
Had some cool concepts but was ultimately shallow character wise, world wise, and plot wise. The more they added the worse it got somehow? Like I know it was supposed to sound cool and interesting but it just sounded like a bunch of cool sounding things with not a lot of substance. There was no explanation for why things were the way they were they just...were, and you’re just expected to accept it and move on to the next cool sounding thing.

The pacing was also pretty bad and there wasn’t any te
L.D.
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've never been more captivated by a book than I was with Fae Hunter! The author's writing style kept the story interesting and perfectly spaced. I started reading and didn't stop until the end!

I loved Allie, the main character. Strong, determined, and willing to push through pain - physical and mental - is what every great heroine is made of. With no care of her own self, she dove into everything headfirst and a determination born of righteousness and love.

I love the dark, beautifully twisted
Joanna Bennett
Edit: Just as good as the first time around!

I started another series by this author last year and when I found out she was writing a book about fae, I was sold! No questions asked, just give it to me.

Although I love fae, I don’t like all books about them. I wasn’t a fan of The Cruel Prince series but Acotar is my life. Of course, all books with fae are quite different. The fae in this book are deadly predators who love trickery. They are more beautiful than anything you have ever laid eyes on. F
Amanda
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Refreshingly Unique!

I absolutely loved this book! Nothing is as it seems in this book, and almost everyone has an ulterior motive. The masterful twists and shocking revelations had me completely enthralled. I loved that I couldn't always predict what was going to happen, or if I did there was always more that I didn't see coming. And the refreshing take on the fae and second sight was awesome! I can't say enough great things about this book. I'm so excited for book 2! I need to know what happens
Paula Roussel (She Sniffs Books)
This was a cute and quick read! I wasn't looking to invest a lot of time and thinking into a book series, so this was perfect. And that's definitely not a bad thing! ...more
Clare
Wait I actually really loved this....my only problem with it really was that it wasn’t longer (too fast paced??). I was told this has major ACOTAR vibes, and I can’t really say it does. It shows the much more evil side of the fae. Love it.
Kitcatscratch
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Can I just tell you how much I loved this series? Let me count the ways! Reading this series was like being presented with a large bag of my favorite chocolates. I literally inhaled every book. I kept thinking "I really should leave a review for each book" but I couldn't stop reading. I just HAD to know what happened next. When I finished I thought "what should I review?" I decided that most people read reviews of the first book of a series rather than the later books or series compilations so h ...more
Debbie Eyre
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW this is a great start to this deliciously trope-filled young adult romantic fantasy about a viciously humorous mortal girl and her quest to hunt, trap, and conquer powerful fae. Well written the author has built an incredible world and along with a gripping and addictive storyline and a fab kick ass heroine who is confident and strong, I cannot wait to read what happens next!
Tess
Sep 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, favorites
Alrighty then!
When you have a college student who's currently confined to her dorm room with not enough homework to keep her busy, free books are a lovely gift.
This book is nothing revolutionary, but has a lot of my favorite things. Such as:
--Tough female leads
--Tough female leads who happen have opportunity to be rough and do whatever it takes to accomplish their goals which get a lot more complicated as the story progresses
--Male characters that are supposed to be shady, but, for some reason,
Seraphia
Fae Hunter by Sarah K.L. Wilson is the first book in her new series. Instead of giving us the stories that we have become accustomed to, Sarah K.L. Wilson is giving us the stories that have slipped away back into the shadows. The times of where people were warned about the fae, to not trust them, that they were dangerous, and would steal you away giving the opportunity. Allie is about to come face to face with the hard fact that the legends…held more truth than they wanted to believe.
Fae Hunter
Lisa
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was provided a copy by the author, whom I want to apologize to for taking so long to read and review. The holidays hit and then my reading suffered. All I knew was that when I saw this cover I had to read this, it was gorgeous and just realky cool looking. I will say at first it took me a little bit to get into and to find the flow, I couldn't quite understand things at first. Then that changed, the longer you read, the more things click and make sense, turns out, this was a good book, and we' ...more
Tanya
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Truth and lie .
Real and not real
Allie is a hunter . Her father is a hunter. Their role in the village is to to hunt for all , or to make the decision to let something go . For the most part they are protectors again the shining ones. Most believe the shining ones are a myth , they are the fae of old , come to take your soul or whatever they wish to bargain for. So don’t dance in the circle of stones or think of them for they can control your thoughts.
Allie and her twin Hulanna did a silly thing.
Cyber
Apr 02, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, quick read! I wasn't that intrigued in the beginning but the characters started growing on me. There are more books in the series that I will probably pick up at a later time, because the hint of a potential relationship development between the main character Allie and the Fae man she captured, Scouvrel, has me kind of on a hook (can't resist those Fae-Human love novels).
The characters aren't very fleshed out, but it works fine for this book as the author takes a chapter every now and
Mariela
Jan 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is so different to other fae books! I love it because it describes the way the fae live just like the way I always thought. They live in a cruel world, they are not anyone's friends, every interaction the fae has there is always a bargain, nobody will do you any favor out of kindness in Faewald lol, is all about bargains and games lol.
I also loved how the author described the way Allie saw things after she lost her sight, it felt so magical. I just love when authors do such a great job with
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Fae Captive (Tangled Fae #2)
  • To Kill a Fae (The Dragon Portal, #1)
  • Rock Eaters (Dragon Tide #8)
  • Keys of Power (Dragon Tide #7)
  • Autumngale (Bridge of Legends #3)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Reverie
  • Wings and Broken Things (Mitzy Moon #3)
  • The Weight of a Soul
  • Save the Cat! Writes a Novel
  • Refraction
  • Bubbles of Hope (Dragon Tide #4)
  • Academy of Falling Kingdoms Box Set: The Complete Epic Fantasy Adventure Series
  • Beneath Cruel Fathoms (The Bitter Sea Trilogy, #1)
  • Cinder & the Prince of Midnight (Midnight Tales, #1)
  • White Raven (Raven, #1)
  • Sugarplum (Sweet Curves #4)
See top shelves…
USA Today bestselling author, Sarah K. L. Wilson loves spinning a yarn and if it paints a magical new world, twists something old into something reborn, or makes your heart pound with excitement ... all the better! Sarah hails from the rocky Canadian Shield in Northern Ontario -
learning patience and tenacity from the long months of icy cold - where she lives with her husband and two small boys. Yo

Tangled Fae (5 books)
  • Fae Captive (Tangled Fae #2)
  • Fae Nightmare (Tangled Fae #3)
  • Fae Pursuit (Tangled Fae #4)
  • Fae Conqueror (Tangled Fae #5)