Start by marking “Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae #1)” as Want to Read:
Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae #1)

Fae Hunter

(Tangled Fae #1)

Think you know fae? Think again.

Our lives are nursery rhymes and faerie stories now, Allie.

When Allie Hunter's twin sister steps through a magic circle into the Faerie realm, she opens the door to deadly fae, bent on causing havoc and harm to Allie's village.

Rendered blind to all but the spirit world, Allie is frustrated and angry but determined to bring the fae down. No m
Published December 11th 2019 by Sarah K. L. Wilson

Start your review of Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae #1)
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you Sarah!! This was AMAZING!

5 twisted stars for a delightfully engaging tale!

fan art by The Magic Book Corner

Allie Hunter is the girl that no one sees. Or better said, they see and avoid. Not only because her twin sister Hulanna outshines her everywhere. Allie's prickly nature, combined with a hawk nose, too bright red hair, sharp features and a less than perfect figure make for the perfect combination for people to avoid.
C.G. Drews
I'm slightly addicted to faerie stories, so I was keen to try this one! It reminded me a little of An Enchantment of Ravens, and there was some definite enjoyable snark and cleverness in the dialogue. It features Allie, who's plunged into the roll of Hunter for her village, after a Fae Circle is open and takes her father and sister. Allie is somewhat to blame and loses her sight during the tragedy, so now she's desperate to do anything to fix the monsters infesting their village and get her fami ...more
Elizabeth Dragina
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memorable
4.5 stars ~

I NEED MORE OF THIS WORLD. *Is dying*

Honestly I have shocked myself by loving this book so much. I don't really like Fae.....they're deceptive and full of magic. I thought I'd give this one a try because I got it for free (and THAT COVER HAD ME GASPING) ... *shrugs* Once I started reading I couldn't seem to put it down. I connected with the MC almost immediately....her motive and determination match my own.

The World Building and Legends also really hooked me. I love a good Fantasy
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
When I first started reading this I was very intrigued. A girl trying to find her twin sister and dad after she had been recently blinded. I don't know what happened but along the line it just stopped being as interesting as it had started. I know this is YA and the book is about a teenage girl but I got tired of her getting upset at Olen just because he wanted someone else, it wasn't excessive but it got on my nerves nonetheless.

Christa
After Allie and her sister open a Faerie circle and her sister is stolen away, Allie is determined to get her back. Her encounter gives her the second sight - she’s blind to our world but can see the trails of the Fae. With the help of an artifact from her grandmothers, she captures a fae attempts to use him to get her sister back. Even though the fae cannot lie, they can deceive, and Allie isn’t sure if she can trust anyone.

Oh this book is good y’all. I read one and two back to back so I don’t
Chiara | _ckarys
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: indie-books
I joined a promotional tour on Instagram and received a free copy of the book.

This book has many elements that wooed me in even before reading it: a gorgeous cover, fae, romance and it was compared to The Cruel Prince. If you like those elements as well, chances are you will enjoy Fae Hunter. It was a fun read, and though the pacing was a bit slow in the beginning, it picked up after the first fifty or so pages. The deceiving and manipulative aspects of the fae made the story extremely lively an
G.K. DeRosa
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deliciously dark yet witty, Sarah Wilson has created a vivid new world of devious Fae and the human girl desperate to stop them to get her sister back. With a strong heroine and a plot filled with twists and turns, this first book in the Tangled Fae series is a fast-paced delight sure to intrigue fans of Holly Black and all things dark Fae.
Melanie
Jan 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNFed it at 50%. I couldn’t keep reading this. I feel like I read a book completely different from what everyone who rated it 5 stars did. It was boring, cringy and didn’t make sense. There was a lot of lacking in details and development during scenes. The characters were horrible and had no personality. I just couldn’t push myself through this. I was expecting so much and I was completely disappointed.
Stephanie
   I really wanted to like this more than I did. But when the description says it is “trope-filled”, well, it wasn’t kidding. Faerie who love a good game, bargain, and are bloodthirsty, and magical creatures who cause nothing but havoc on the human world. Add in a determined 17-year-old heroine determined to right what went wrong (view spoiler), is clearly in over her head and must quickly learn the rules of the game i ...more
Phoebe
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twin sisters went to the stone to dance. One to fulfill a childhood dream and one to live out a nightmare.

Hulanna convinced her sister Allie to dance with her at the stones hoping to open the portal to the fairies. Once they did, Hulanna willingly left a Shining One. Another came after and chased Allie trying to catch her. During the chase, Allie gets knocked out.

When she wakes up she can no longer see the world like she used to. Hulanna is gone. Her father a Hunter has to find her and the other
Inkslinger
Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae Book 1) by Sarah K.L. Wilson

ARC provided by XpressoTours and Sarah K.L. Wilson. All opinions are mine and freely given.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

"When the barriers were weak, they came in. They were smoke and mirrors. They were dust and mist. They stole into our minds as smoke under a door. They slid through our thoughts as oil in water. We welcomed them. We wanted them. We were them.
- Tales of the Faewald"

03-11: 'Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae #1)' by Sarah K.L. Wilson was a really nice surprise. After a
L.D.
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've never been more captivated by a book than I was with Fae Hunter! The author's writing style kept the story interesting and perfectly spaced. I started reading and didn't stop until the end!

I loved Allie, the main character. Strong, determined, and willing to push through pain - physical and mental - is what every great heroine is made of. With no care of her own self, she dove into everything headfirst and a determination born of righteousness and love.

I love the dark, beautifully twisted
Amanda
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Refreshingly Unique!

I absolutely loved this book! Nothing is as it seems in this book, and almost everyone has an ulterior motive. The masterful twists and shocking revelations had me completely enthralled. I loved that I couldn't always predict what was going to happen, or if I did there was always more that I didn't see coming. And the refreshing take on the fae and second sight was awesome! I can't say enough great things about this book. I'm so excited for book 2! I need to know what happens
Paula Roussel (She Sniffs Books)
This was a cute and quick read! I wasn't looking to invest a lot of time and thinking into a book series, so this was perfect. And that's definitely not a bad thing! ...more
Clare T.
Wait I actually really loved this....my only problem with it really was that it wasn’t longer (too fast paced??). I was told this has major ACOTAR vibes, and I can’t really say it does. It shows the much more evil side of the fae. Love it.
Joanna Bennett
I started another series by this author last year and when I found out she was writing a book about fae, I was sold! No questions asked, just give it to me.

Although I love fae, I don’t like all books about them. I wasn’t a fan of The Cruel Prince series but Acotar is my life. Of course, all books with fae are quite different. The fae in this book are deadly predators who love trickery. They are more beautiful than anything you have ever laid eyes on. From the beginning where they were described,
Debbie Eyre
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW this is a great start to this deliciously trope-filled young adult romantic fantasy about a viciously humorous mortal girl and her quest to hunt, trap, and conquer powerful fae. Well written the author has built an incredible world and along with a gripping and addictive storyline and a fab kick ass heroine who is confident and strong, I cannot wait to read what happens next!
Seraphia
Fae Hunter by Sarah K.L. Wilson is the first book in her new series. Instead of giving us the stories that we have become accustomed to, Sarah K.L. Wilson is giving us the stories that have slipped away back into the shadows. The times of where people were warned about the fae, to not trust them, that they were dangerous, and would steal you away giving the opportunity. Allie is about to come face to face with the hard fact that the legends…held more truth than they wanted to believe.
Fae Hunter
Lisa
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was provided a copy by the author, whom I want to apologize to for taking so long to read and review. The holidays hit and then my reading suffered. All I knew was that when I saw this cover I had to read this, it was gorgeous and just realky cool looking. I will say at first it took me a little bit to get into and to find the flow, I couldn't quite understand things at first. Then that changed, the longer you read, the more things click and make sense, turns out, this was a good book, and we' ...more
Tanya
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Truth and lie .
Real and not real
Allie is a hunter . Her father is a hunter. Their role in the village is to to hunt for all , or to make the decision to let something go . For the most part they are protectors again the shining ones. Most believe the shining ones are a myth , they are the fae of old , come to take your soul or whatever they wish to bargain for. So don’t dance in the circle of stones or think of them for they can control your thoughts.
Allie and her twin Hulanna did a silly thing.
Alexandra G.
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it, fantasy

What an unexpected and fascinating book.

The Fae in this story are just as wicked and dangerous as in any other book but the approach was wonderfully different.

Allie was an amazing main character. Giving her a disability that was also an advantage? Brilliant.

I can't wait to read the next one.

And also, can we take a moment to admire the exquisiteness that is that cover? *drooling*
Wendy
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Tara Grayce
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stories-with-fae
This book was an unexpected delight! Full of twisty Fae and one determined girl who only wants to save her village and her sister from Fae she accidentally helped release into the world.

This whole series is an audiobook, and the narrator (Caitlyn Kelly) is one of my favorites! I'm so glad I was able to binge-listen to the first three books. I've been told the next two are coming onto audiobook shortly, and I can't wait!
Lady The Owls
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story and so different from other Fae stories. I loved that our heroine is blind and she does not let it stop her from getting what needs to be done. Strong character, disabled and a iron will makes her succeed.
Brittany Smith
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this book, but I feel like I needed to push myself to read it. I felt like I was gearing myself up for something to happen and yet nothing major happened. Yet despite that, it was hard for me to put the book down. It's a good book if you want to go for a quick read and Souvrel made it especially entertaining, but Allie as a MC wasn't my favorite and it took a while to warm up to her and the townsfolk were starting to grate on me to the point of frustration.

I did enjoy Fae
Books
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well wasn't that a dark, delightfully twisted, fae story 🙈

Fae Hunter is a fast paced, fun, fantasy perfect for those who like a good blend of violence and romance 😈(strange mix if it's not your thing but I know plenty will love this!) ❤

It's very reminiscent of The Cruel Prince series particularly early on when we're still in limbo as to who is good, who is evil and exactly what the hell is happening?!😂

For such a quick read the world building is wonderfully done. I didn't find myself confused and
Veronica Prowant
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was not disappointed when I read this book. But I was completely surprised in all the best ways. This story does not have a bunch of happiness and rainbows. It has pain, anguish, failure, fear. It has real feelings. The fae have always intrigued me. And though in many books before this I've seen portrayals of the trickery and deception, hidden behind beauty, this books delves past all of that. The fae are cruel and hateful. They're pretty, until you see past the glamour to their true selves. A ...more
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
I'm mad for faeries. And by that I mean I like faeries that go back to old lore; tricky, cruel, beautiful faeries with courts and deception and magic and rules. They like to steal away girls, they like to make things suffer, they love to trick you.

This is one of the few faerie stories I've found recently that does that. It has a great atmosphere, all thanks to the author choosing to go back to the roots of faeries, not just slap the name on some generic fantasy creature with elemental magic and
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fae Hunter by Sarah K. L. Wilson is a wonderful story to read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series that I have loved reading and can not wait to read book number two in this wonderful series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy.

Jessica Robbins
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

What a great start to a new series this book is! We get introduced to this world where there are twin sisters who have been raised to believe that the Fae are just stories. One sister does not agree though and convinces the other to do a dance with her by the circle of stones that are forbidden to be around. An innocent dance turns into so much more when the instigating sister is taken by one in the rin
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• To Carve a Fae Heart (The Fair Isle Trilogy, #1)
  • Fae Captive (Tangled Fae #2)
  • Trial of Thorns (Wicked Fae, #1)
  • To Wear a Fae Crown (The Fair Isle Trilogy, #2)
  • The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia, #1)
  • Dragon Tide: Rock Eaters
  • Dragon Tide: Keys of Power
  • Autumngale (Bridge of Legends #3)
  • Circus of the Dead, Book One
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • Prince of Never (Black Blood Fae, #1)
  • Curse of the Fae King (Dark Faerie Court, #1)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Reverie
  • Bright Wicked (Bright Wicked, #1)
  • Daughter of No Worlds (The War of Lost Hearts, #1)
  • Wings and Broken Things (Mitzy Moon #3)
USA Today bestselling author, Sarah K. L. Wilson loves spinning a yarn and if it paints a magical new world, twists something old into something reborn, or makes your heart pound with excitement ... all the better! Sarah hails from the rocky Canadian Shield in Northern Ontario -
learning patience and tenacity from the long months of icy cold - where she lives with her husband and two small boys. Yo

Tangled Fae (5 books)
  • Fae Captive (Tangled Fae #2)
  • Fae Nightmare (Tangled Fae #3)
  • Fae Pursuit (Tangled Fae #4)
  • Fae Conqueror (Tangled Fae #5)

News & Interviews

“In a ring but deep you go, In a spot the wind can’t blow, Buried deep but not in dirt, Hold your breath, with death you flirt. -Tales of the Faewald” 0 likes
“Music to bind, Fire to blind, Look in their eye, With Iron they die.” 0 likes