Start by marking “HER BIG NEIGHBOR” as Want to Read:
HER BIG NEIGHBOR

HER BIG NEIGHBOR

The man of my dreams lives next door...
I've always had a crush on my neighbor.
I also knew better than to do anything about it. I was a shy teen, and he was a muscled, intimidating hunk of deliciousness. Then I went off to live my life, never telling him how I felt.
Years later my mother asks me to move back home to help her out. I don't expect to see me hot neighbor still
Published (first published December 26th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about HER BIG NEIGHBOR, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about HER BIG NEIGHBOR

Start your review of HER BIG NEIGHBOR
Dora Koutsoukou
Dec 30, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
I couldnt be invested in this story at all. No emotions but plenty of physical chemistry between bunny Edward and bunny Julia made me dnf @ 44%. ...more
Biondatina
The story is between Julia and Edward, two neigh boors. They grew up next door to each other but they weren't friends neither have any interaction as kids. After Julia has returned home after college to help her mother to start a charity, she is surprised by the fact that Edward lives next door. Her morning becomes very interesting... as she stares him half-hidden through the window every morning when he leaves for work. But one day he waves back....
The plot is good, easy reading except
One chapter more
My first finished novella in 2020. I was hoping for ending it on the 31st but I fell asleep.

It was quite good but I felt like author did not know any synonyms to the word sexy. Everything was sexy. Sexy was the most used word across the whole plot and it did make it in the end not sexy at all. Like the word lost its meaning.

Other than that I felt like it was a little bit dragged out. A bit dull I could say. I sound very harsh, I know, but I have always admired Penny's writing so I had high
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
I hated the h and her mother which ruined the book for me. Near the very beginning the h gets mad at the H because he says he wants her mom to like him so shell allow them to date. That would be annoying if it wasnt true. He apologizes to her for insinuating that she couldnt make her own decisions. Very next day shes sneaking out her bedroom window to go on a date with him so her mom doesnt find out. The H bends and bends and supports her and shes really not worth it. The mom calls her a whore ...more
Colleen
The neighbour storyline is one I seek out often but the enjoyment part is the build-up from dislike to lovers and then the HEA. There was no build-up, no one time regret followed with angst and then the HEA, no, just ploughed right into sex.
Even though while reading and I felt I knew exactly how the storyline will play out, I couldn't help myself and I hung on for the author's telling. The book did take a turn and become a bit more interesting.
I won't hold this novel against Ms. Wylder's and
Babel
Hot passion ahead. For anyone who has has ever had a fantasy about a handsome neighbour, this story packs heat and romance.

I loved the beginning when Julia fantasizes about her neighbour every morning as he leaves for work. The excitement he provokes in her is contagious. To her surprise, he shows his interest, and from that moment on it is non-stop passion and great chemistry.

It is also well combined with several other elements. She is struggling with her future goals and her mum acting
BP34
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grab a cold drink and a comfortable spot as you'll need it. Julia and Edward will set your Kindle on fire. Their chemistry is explosive. They're neighbors who become reacquainted when she returns home to help her mom. The book is very emotional at times especially between Julia and her mom. Her mom, Jane is hard to like at times and she is sour on men. The characters are strong, likable and well-developed. The book is steamy and has a page turning story line. A good read.
Angelia
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give this book 5 stars. The storyline between Julia and Edward was well written and a great HOT must read book. They live next door to each other and want to date but will Julia's mother be okay with it? Julia is on break from college and Edward is the CEO of his dad's company. I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Readers Copy of this book.
Kathryn
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story about Julia and Edward. They grew up next door to each other but never really had any interaction as kids. Now, as young adults they notice each other and the story goes from there. Julia's mom has some ill feelings towards all men due to her father leaving when she was young. They start seeing each other secretly to avoid any potential problems with her mother. The relationship grow from there. As with most Penny Wilder stories you have a dirty talking sexy alpha and the lady ...more
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
It was a longer book than normal for Penny, but it was a good one!
Very very steamy! At first I thought there was an age gap because it looked like that, but that actually wasn't the case.

How hot was this one!!
Julia has the hots for the hottie neighbour from her mothers home. Hottie neighbour Edward knows shy Julia stares at thim in the mornings. When he takes matters in his own hands it suddenly gets all clear.
The obstacle is actually Jane the mom, what will she say or do?
Emma Roberts
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fab book from Penny! The characters were fab and the storyline was great. Fab book and highly recommended!
Cant wait for the next one ;-)
C Joy
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a light read with sizzling attraction, lots of sex and fantasies and slight parent-child issues. Fast-paced and contains HEA.
Ruth Guerra
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Penny Wylder books. The 2 main characters have such chemistry.
elizrdbthspeaks
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
i think this to could be a movie??! i think this was a tamer book from Penny ... she has been doing that lately? not sure ... don't mind either way ... just different to me ... great cover.
M Hurford
Neighborly Love and Other Titillations
In the authors Amazon Biography it states that, Penny Wylder writes what you'd expect-- wild romances. Happily Ever Afters are always better when they're a little dirty, so if you're looking for a page turner that will make you feel naughty in all the right places, jump right in and leave your panties at the door! And this book is a perfect example of Ms Wylders work.
In this storyline you have neighbors become reacquainted after Julia has returned home
Keri Loves Books
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Falling For The Girl Next Door

Julia has crushed on her slightly older neighbor for years. Now shes back from college, trying to figure out her life. Shes helping her mom start a charitable foundation, trying to figure out her own life and Edward is a nice distraction. She just stares at him through the window, until the day he lets her know that he sees her watching.

Edward noticed Julia just before she left for college. He thought he missed his chance with her when she left. Now shes back and he
Anna
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Julia has also had a crush on slightly older next door neighbor Edward for a few years ,and when she comes home from college to help her mother with a charity project she figures time is no better then ever to let him know how she feels about him. Edward has always had things come his way with being the CEO at his family business and living next door to the girl that he never thought would be more than a neighbor,but when he sees her again he for the first time in awhile he can't let her slip by ...more
Victoria
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Edward and Julia!

I really enjoyed the high school crush aspect especially when they were able to reconnect as adults.

Julia is like most of us when we were in college, not sure of what really wanted to do with our education/degree. In Julias case she decided to go home and recalibrate and to help her mom out. While there she admires her hot neighbor (Edward) who unbeknownst to her has also been admiring her.

Julias mom (Jane) isnt my favorite person - shes a bit self-centered and doesnt
Marcellina T Reno
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Penny Wylder has written another great love sorry about the girl next door. Julia is young woman lost in what she wants to accomplish in her adult life, so she returns home to help her mother. She had always been in love with the boy next door and would love to get to know him better. Edward is the boy next door that didnt notice Julia until she was ready to leave for college, but when she returns, he realizes its his chance to find that spark with her. Like all good love stories there has to be ...more
Teshia Elborne
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and sexy

I heard about this book in an email this morning and was excited to read it. Thought i would like it as bought it and started it straight away. Well I was right, I absolutely loved it. It's not a terribly long book, novella length, but it took a good couple of hours. What I loved was the characters were fantastic, fun, dramatic and steamy as. I have always been drawn to next door neighbor stories and this one was certainly great. The plot although not terribly intricate, was well
Karina
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Edward and Julia's story. Two young people who grew up next to one another but never really spent much time together. She went to public school and he went to private. By the time Edward got up the never to ask her out, Julia went off to college. Neither knowing the other was interested in them. Now Julia is back to help her mother start a charity, surprised to find out Edward still lives next door. She has been watching him leave for work every morning. One day Edward finally ...more
vicki zimmerman
Ive tried before

Ive tried before to read other books by Ms Wylder. I guess Im just not a fan. This book reenforces that belief. I barely made it to the 50% point.
It is goofy, to the point of absurd. I followed 2 twenty somethings, one of whom is CEO for his fathers company, as they climbed in and out of windows to see each other, and hid from her mom.
Mostly, (after it got off to a slow start) it was just sex scenes, and a story line that seemed thrown in last moment, in order to tie them
Stephanie Ditmore
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edward and Julia are amazing. Julia has crushed in Edward for as long as she can remember and when they see each other again after a couple years, his hidden feelings for Julia come to the surface. Only her mother has a different opinion on what her daughter should and should not be doing. Their story is sexy, steamy and down right light your pants on fire hot! Julias mom has secrets of her own and is projecting them into Julia, but what happens when her moms past comes back to haunt her and ...more
Shazzie Matthews
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a good book to read look no further this is the book to read. The story is well written and the characters were amazing. Julia has returned home from college her mother is starting up a charity and she needs her help, however when she returns her mother starts laying down rules and is very anti man. Edward lives next door the stunning beauty and each morning she watches him from the window the man has the body of a god and soon they are together but her mother doesn't ...more
Cheryl
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A neighborly time...

Lets be real, Im a broken record at this point when it comes to Penny Wylder books. Theyre short, but detailed and I feel like I read a bigger book, but without the superfluous details. Wylder gets to the point and manages to add characters without making them needless as well.

Though, that little affair at the end got my curiosity piqued!

That being said, the neighbors to lovers story was cute. I liked the MCs. I liked the hot hot hot chemistry they had. I sort of wished the
Raquel
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great hot read!! Julia is back home to try and figure out her life and help out her mom start a charity but all is not going as she hope with her mom acting out. Edward has been Julias crush and neighborhood for a long time and now that shes back she definitely feels the spark and so does Edward their only hurdle is that her mom happens to hate men in general. Absolutely love this read Julia and Edwards chemistry is off the charts hot!!! HEA for sure. Definitely recommend reading.

Voluntarily
ME
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another well put together story dealing with everyday life issues that are relatable. Julia has always had a crush on her neighbor and still does when she moves back home trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life.

Edward has definitely noticed Julia watching him since she's moved back and he isn't going to let this opportunity pass him by since she went to college right as he started "seeing" her. He is also successful and very alpha so just what she needs.

The problem is her mother
April Symes
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Steamy read about Julia and Edward. Julia has been craving her mom's next door neighbor for the past couple of years, not knowing that he too wants her as well. Julia is very shy plus her mom is determined to make sure that they not become quite a good thing. But it's seems that Edward and Julia are ready to make it happen..with or without everyone's permission. Quite an interesting and entertaining read! Full of heat, drama, passion and romance. Great cast of characters with a good ending.

My
Molly
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is her neighbor too big for her?

Julia moves home to help her mom with organizing and starting a charity. Edward her cute neighbor catches her eye. Julia's mother has no use for men especially not the ones living next door. How will Julia and Edward ever get together with her mother standing in the way? What will happen if she catches the two together? Read to find out how these characters work through their neighborly conflicts and get their happy endings. Very enjoyable book. Does contain
Susan
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book. Julia and Edward have grown up as next door neighbors, each harboring feelings for one another. Now that Julia has returned to help her mother (who has a problem with said neighbors), she decides to take a step and get together with Edward. Edward is aware that Julia has been watching him, and he is also ready to take the next step. I highly recommend this book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sweet Spot (Sweet Enough to Eat #6)
  • Fighting For The Forbidden (Worth the Fight #2)
  • Big (A Real Man #20)
  • Two of a Kind (FU High #3)
  • Scrooged
  • Sweet Nothings (Sweet Enough to Eat #3)
  • Fighting For Hope (Worth the Fight #1)
  • Fighting For Faith (Worth the Fight #3)
  • Pile Driver
  • Say You’re Mine: A Four-Book Box Set of Steamy & Sweet Standalones
  • A Pinch of Sugar (Lights Camera Insta-Love #1)
  • Possessive Doctor
  • Sleigh Me Baby (A Forever Safe Christmas #8)
  • Dark Russian Angel
  • Sweet Curves (Sweet Enough to Eat #2)
  • On Call
  • Sweet Tarte (Sweet Enough to Eat #5)
  • Secret Baby