Start by marking “Bleed” as Want to Read:

3.39  ·  Rating details ·  2,638 Ratings  ·  231 Reviews
Seamlessly woven together, this collection of interconnected short stories paints an authentic portrait of today's teen experience that is at once funny, moving, and haunting.
Published August 22nd 2006 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Bleed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleed

Apr 05, 2007 is currently reading it
Recommends it for: All teens and anyone who enjoys reading teen novels
This book was really good until the very end. The ending left me upset and wanting more. The book was supposed to be about how these lives were tied together; however, it only vaguely tied the characters together and there was unfinished thoughts at the end of the book.
Jennifer Wardrip
Apr 29, 2008 rated it liked it
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for

Who knew that in the course of one day so much could happen, not only to you but to everyone around you. But of course in real life, we only witness what happens to ourselves. Laurie Faria Stolarz takes the lives of ten teenagers who are all connected somehow, and shows how their lives can become so complicated in just one single day.

There's Nicole Bouchard, who is tired of her reputation as being the good girl and wants to ch
Nov 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
The most pointless book I've ever read. Ever. What's the point in telling us about how all those peoples' day went when it doesn't even matter in the end?
Dec 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
The name Laurie Faria Solarz is pretty known in the writing world, she is the author of the popular series of Blue is for Nightmares – which is in my to-read pile – and the Touch Series – which I LOVE! – so when I saw this book the other day, I just felt like it was calling me. The cover seemed so enigmatic, and once I saw whom it was from, I knew I was in for a treat! How wrong I was.

The plot is very interesting, and mysterious. I almost thought I was in for a CSI thing or something. A Zomigod
Mar 21, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: advisory-07-08
Laurie Faria Stolarz not only is the author of Bleed but also the Blue is for Nightmare series containing Red is for Remembrance and White is for Magic. However, even though these books are by the same author, I thought that the Blue is for Nightmares series was better than Bleed. The book, Bleed is told through the perspective of different teenagers for each chapter. Most of the characters in the book never knew each other except a few and by those few individuals, the other individuals started ...more
Amber Luna
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think this book is for the type of people that like to hear a story told by everybody eyes. For example, in the book there's different situations that are all happening at the same time but they're all connected in one way or another. So each chapter of the book it tells everyones stories, views,side of the story. This Book is interesting from begging to the end. Also it would make your eyes want more to read, you would be excited to see what happens next in the book.
Mar 05, 2009 rated it it was ok
When I finally obtained a copy of this last week, I was so excited. Since, I loved the concept of weaving together ten teenagers lives. Though, with Bleed I was extremely disappointed.

The characters and plot were interesting enough, but it just seemed like it was lacking. Lacking development, lacking a fast paced plot, lacking well just about everything. The characters were dull and one dimensional. Plus, you never really came to understand some of the crazy stuff they did love. For example the
Apr 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Erica by: Keena Simons
Do i like this book yes of course it was very good. Do I like the ending of this book NOOOO! I absolutely hated how the author ended this book she could have given the reader more than she did especially if there is not a second book to follow this one! I liked how each person had their individual stories that somehow intertwined but I was look for a part in the book a "chapter" when they would all be tied together directly, not indirectly. The stories of each character would enjoyable sometime ...more
Jun 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
Bleed was not the book I should have read at that particular time I did. Not only the time but my friends' reviews as well really got over me. In result I started reading the book with the mindset that it will be awful!

After two years, I came by this book again. It got me thinking, why you gave,Savvina one star to this book?Honestly I can not remember clearly! I remember getting really mad over some characters and their behaviours. I mostly got mad because this book is known to be all about the
Aug 12, 2010 rated it liked it
This book followed the lives of 10 teenagers over one day. All of them intersected in some way. I thought the book was good because each chapter was from a different kids perspective. Their lives for the day; but at the end of the story there didn't seem to be any closure. I felt like it left me hanging. What happens now?
May 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-challenge
So basically I hated all the characters except Nicole and Sean. I just hope they end up together. Overall, the book was ehhrrr... It wasn't exciting at all. I just wish I had more since I do have some unaswered questions, but I will probablt find them once I sleep on it.
Oct 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I read this book months ago, but I still think about it all the time. 10 short vignettes of the lives of 10 intensively troubled teens. You want problems? This book has them all. Certain to be challenged if in your YA department.
I only liked Nicole and Sean's story.
Ginger Woods
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Overall this is a very good book. I liked it's uniqueness. Every chapter was a different persons perspective. And they were some very interesting and unique characters!

Definitly not a book you've ever read before, and not one you want to pass up. An origional story of different individuals revolving around each other. It was a quick read, read it in an hour or two. A nice way to spend my time. :)
Miss Ryoko
I think I need a couple of days to process this book before I rate and review it. I am extremely conflicted with how I feel about this book, so once it sits with me for awhile, hopefully a decision will emerge.
Dec 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teenagers, mainly young girls
** Bleed, By Laura Faria Stolarz, is a very divine and detailed story, filled with excitement, romance, discipline, and friendship. This book well-thought and the theme is remarkable. I really want to introduce the theme/message from this story, description of the characters, and the authors writing style and background. In this realistic story you will inhale the thoughts of many young teenagers and learn how friendships are burning and love is building.
The message or theme of this story can
Alexandria Cintron
Jun 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
The message or theme of this story can b
Angelina Simmons
If you’re interested in a book that has a strange but dramatic twist to them, then I would recommend Bleed by Laurie Faria Stolarz to you. This book was full of drama and mysterious events, which made it even more good. This book was very addicting and left me always wanting to read more.
This book in a combination of many short stories that all link back up with each other and each story has a different perspective from another character in the book. There was 10 different characters that all
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
More dramatic then it needs to be.
If you took out half of the characters, it'd be largely more believable however I don't know, I liked the characters sometimes because in one story there would be a different side to them. Like Kelly. In her story, I think wow I can't believe she actually likes this murderer, what a dumbass. I think there has to be a certain high level of idiocy involved here. And then she gets disappointed in him (rather his looks) and it's great she didn't end up dying althou
Stolarz, Laurie F. Bleed. New York, NY: Hyperion, 2006.

Abstract and Mini-Review
Bleed tells the story of Nichole. As is often with first impressions, when we are first introduced to Nichole we think we know exactly who she is -- the popular girl, the one everyone likes, the do-gooder. Each additional chapter tells the inside story from the point of view of a character connected (even if only tangentially) to Nichole and through their stories we are able to see additional layers of Nichole
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This is definitely an interesting book. It features a number of characters, each chapter giving a new perspective character.

Nicole likes Sean, who Kelly, Nicole's best friend, ends up dating because Nicole is too shy to ask. But Kelly is secretly writing to Robby, a boy in jail who killed his girlfriend. They finally get to meet up upon his release only to have Kelly run off, leaving Robby with the waitress, Joy. Joy hates boys and gets revenge on Robby and another boy from high school. Joy call
Ali The Romantic Scholar
Jul 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is dedicated "For all those who bleed". It's somewhat of a dark dedication. I really enjoyed this book. much more than I thought I would. It's set up in a very interesting way. The entire book takes place in one day. But each chapter is told from a different point of view, and some of them are at the same times as other and some are continuations in a different perspective. You would think that this style wouldn't necessarily work out too great, but it's a near flawless presentation.

Sep 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: summer-reading
This book was told in a different perspective for every chapter. Maria is sort of rebellious, and is friends with Kelly, who is in love with a guy in jail named Derik that she’s only exchanged letter with. Kelly’s friend Nicole has always liked Kelly’s boyfriend and decides to betray her friend, and Joy is a young waitress who falls for Derik when Kelly breaks his heart. All of their stories somehow weave together to make one book.

I can connect Kelly and Nicole’s relationship to Stacey and Dre
May 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Bleed involves the lives of teenagers, young adults and the string of connectivity that runs between them. The author gives each individual a chance to tell his or her own story or at least the part of the story they want you to see and know, but we are also offered glimpses of the other characters through the stories told by those around them. The book tells the story of crushes, rumors, eating disorders, abuse, sexual identity, unknown identity, friendship, lost hope, new love and so much more ...more
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2010 rated it liked it
The book "Bleed" by Laurie Faria Stolarz is about a group of people who are very interesting.One of the characters is Nicole.Nicole has a crush on her best friend Kelly's boyfriend Sean.What Nicole doesn't know is that she also had another boyfriend that was in jail.But when "Robby" came out of jail Kelly lost interest in him.Derik is a kid that once went on a date with Kelly because there parents set them up.He thinks he can get any girl until he meets one that he cant get to.Mearl is the one ...more
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book goes over one day. Ten teenagers, who are lost in life and don't know all about life.

First, before reading this book, I didn't realize why Stolarz called the book Bleed . But, after reading the book, it's about emotional and physical feelings and the hardships that come along with being a teenager. Also, you never know what's going on in different homes. You never know the real story behind the homes. (view spoiler)
Mar 03, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: just-plain-awful
It was a long time ago when I read this book. I had just finished Stolarz's Nightmare series and it had been my absolute favorite at the time so, I think, "This oughta be good". I was so wrooong..

Writers: You know how sometimes you have so many characters in your head that you just love but you either, don't think they fit in a particular story or it's just too many characters? Ever get that feeling? Sometimes I build characters off of cool names I find, kinda like, "Someone NEEDS to have this n
Mar 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Over the course of a single summer day, ten teenagers in Salem, Massachusetts, will discover important truths about themselves and each other.

There is Nicole, whose decision to betray her best friend will shock everyone, most of all herself; Kelly, who meets the convicted felon she has been writing to for years; Maria, whose definition of a true friend is someone who will cut her. Then there is Sadie, a chubby eleven-year-old whose mother forces her to wear a “please don’t feed me” sign stapled
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
When you want to write a book from several different perspectives and intertwine them, you have to be a truly gifted writer, because in all fairness it must be hard to do. This is part of the reason I was left I satisfied, in the past I have always been impressed by Laurie Faria Stolarz's work, and this time I wasn't. The way they knew each other was interesting but I felt as if some of the relationships were forced. For example, why did Ginger hate her sister so much? And while Maria's self des ...more
  • Go Figure
  • Fly Me to the Moon
  • Pretty Things
  • San Francisco Earthquake, 1906
  • After the Moment
  • Painting Caitlyn (Caitlyn, #1)
  • Margaux with an X
  • I Am the Wallpaper
  • And Then Everything Unraveled
  • Belle and the Beau
  • A Map of the Known World
  • Killing Britney
  • The Guidance (Ghost Huntress, #2)
Laurie Faria Stolarz grew up in Salem, MA, attended Merrimack College, and received an MFA in Creative Writing from Emerson College in Boston.

Laurie Faria Stolarz is an American author of young adult fiction novels, best known for her Blue is for Nightmares series. Her works, which feature teenage protagonists, blend elements found in mystery and romance novels.

Stolarz found sales success with he
More about Laurie Faria Stolarz...

Young Adult Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
  • Orphan Train Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
  • Period 8
    $6.74 $0.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • How Dare the Sun Rise: Memoirs of a War Child
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Fear the Drowning Deep
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • When You Reach Me
    $7.99 $1.99
  • If I Was Your Girl
    $9.99 $2.99

“Age is artificial. It's soulless. It doesn't matter one bit.” 50 likes
“It's weird how we do that, you know, just fill in the blanks with our own answer key. -- I think we create our own reality, our own truths. If we believe it to be so, then it is so.” 0 likes