Start by marking “Children of the Stars” as Want to Read:
Children of the Stars

Children of the Stars

The world was forever changed when a government genetic experiment created the Chromodecs from a dead alien in 1952. Decades later, when it became apparent that society needed a way to deal with hybrid humans capable of dangerous kinetic powers, the CORP was created. The Chromodec Office of Restraint and Protection was a special government police agency formed to keep trac ...more
Published February 1st 2020 by Regal Crest Enterprises (first published January 31st 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Children of the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children of the Stars

Start your review of Children of the Stars
Lex Kent
4.50 Stars. This was a really well done action-romance superhero story. While I am putting the sci-fi tag on this since it has aliens after all, this is a superhero story. When I say aliens, think of how Superman is an alien who came to earth and has super powers, that’s the similar vein this story is in.

I am definitely a superhero geek at heart. When I was little and all my friends were playing with Barbie’s, I was playing with Wonder Woman, Batman and Captain America action figures. Heck my B
Bugs
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
K. Aten's latest, I must say, took me to a whole new level of intrigue!! The subject matter, the significance of the metaphysics, psychic abilities including telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, telesthesia, levitation, clairvoyance, the lot! As if not enough, Aten also injected the divine connection of soulmates, not to mention, higher consciousness, aliens, other universes... the whole nine yards! With all these ingredients mixed together to create a uniquely engaging and intriguing story ab ...more
Jude in the Stars
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m new to K. Aten’s writing (this is only my second book), which is wonderful as it means I have so many novels to look forward to reading. Because, yes, I am loving what I’m discovering.

Amari Del Rey is seventeen when she finds out that she’s not who she thinks she is. A fall off a cliff while hiking leaves her unhurt and instead of the pain she should be feeling, she’s full of energy. Running – incredibly fast – to tell her parents, she learns that – surprise! – they are not who she thinks th
Farah
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This review is brought to you by the word: SOUL MATE as it appeared too many times in this story.

Okay, lets put your right hand over your heart and recite this - “No two persons ever read the same book.” Thank you, Edmund Wilson.

Who picks up a book hoping they don’t like it? No one.

How can anyone resist a story about a league of superheroes? Definitely not me, myself and I.

When did I start to get bored?
- The bond between the leads existed since they were infants, I FELT and LOVED it. I couldn't
Char Dafoe
X-men meets Suicide Squad.

This was a sophisticated telling of a highly sci-fi book with romance, sex, and humor lingering in the background. I feel it deserves a sophisticated review, but since I'm not as eloquent or have the smarts to leave that kind of review, I'll simply say this.... BADASS!

I vote for Children of the Stars to be made into a movie. Sci-fi is not my thing, I don't generally seek it out, but this story left me in a vortex of emotions. There was vivid action scenes, great intima
Vicky
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
French / English review

4.25 étoiles. Super bon livre. C’est sûrement l’idéaliste et la romantique en moi, mais j’ai beaucoup aimé que Zen et Amari soient des âmes soeurs. On voit que le lien entre elles est très fort et que c’est vital. Elles se meurent d’envie de se rencontrer.

J’ai adoré le concept de super héros venus sur terre, un peu comme Clark Kent. Super héros assistés d’alliés qui sauvent le monde. Amari et Zen sont tellement badass.

L’histoire est bien bâtit mais par contre j’aurais aim
Andi
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by K. Aten. Alien princesses - destined soul-mates - sent to Earth as babies, unwittingly separated find each other and use their abilities to help save the United States from a meta-human contrived coup.

Characters are fantastic. Amari and Zen are so different yet the connection between them is so powerful. Side cast of regular humans and humans with extraordinary abilities. Great action, variety of powers on display.

I hope there are more books set in this world. This book wr
Alba
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Carol Hutchinson
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing and beautiful

Amari and Zendara have their lives completely turned upside down when they learn of their fated connection and how it will impact on saving the world. They have been protected and in hiding, but with both of them feeling like something was missing from themselves when they finally meet that connection is instant and unbreakable. Having to hide means that when it comes to fighting other aliens on earth, Amari and Zendara are well equipped for the task. They just have to b
Kitty McIntosh
What a ride! Mix alien soulmates, Area 51, and a government agency set up to deal with hybrid humans and you have one truly amazing book. You can tell that K Aten loves sci-fi. It certainly shows in ‘Children of the Stars’. Her story starts with a bang and never lets up. It is exciting and adventurous and takes the reader on a journey of a lifetime.

Amari and Zen were saved from certain death by being sent to Earth as babies. When their adjacent worlds were attacked, the only option their respec
Dide
Mar 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Entertaining!
The way this book is written is unusual, needed getting used to but putting that aside, the core of the story revolves round love in scifi, superheroes kind of way.
This is like putting A-team, 2 supergirls, adding dribbles of supernormal and startrek all together. Busy but entertainingly satisfactory
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story that ticked my geek and sappy boxes.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story from beginning to end. The story itself was unique and creative but completely relatable. Not to mention that I am a sucker for stories about soul mates. I loved how the 'narrator' excerpts made it feel like I was watching a documentary on aliens.

Top notch storytelling! !
Mathias Eriksson
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such and amazing story, i dont belive there will be a sequel but i could still hope, i would love to read more of Amari and Zendarra. Once again K.Atens deliver an amazing story :D
XR
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
This story kicks major gonads!

I heart lesbian superhero soul mates. 💙😍
Stacey
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review excerpted from my blog post over at Pan/Cis LGBT2SQ+ Romance Reviews (https://pancis.wordpress.com/2020/02/...)

Overall Rating: 4.0 stars

Library recommendation: Recommended for public library LGBT2SQ+ romance collections.

Warning: Hereafter, you chance spoilers. I will try never to reveal major plot points, but to review any book, you must reveal some parts of the story.

Number of titles I have read by this author: 2

Love story speed: Instalurve

Relationship dynamics: Alien Soul Mates

Sexual c
Susan Welch
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Do you think Superman I would have been better if, say, there were two of them, they were queer women, and they were soul mates irresistibly drawn together, plus they had other lesbian hero friends and maybe also Marlon Brando was replaced by a lesbian too, and then the whole thing has segments that sound like they're narrated by Andrew from Buffy? Gentle reader, you have come upon that very thing!

This is a fairly straightforward, wholesome classic superhero story. It's a fun and easy read.
Paradise Lost
May 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: f-f
Strangely, this is the one Aten book that I didn't love. I think I've rated every Aten book a 5 uptil now...

Maybe it's me because I absolutely adore Aten's writing, but I just couldn't get into it. I didn't connect with the characters, the romance felt too fast and too clunky. I don't know, it just...

Still, can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
Lianne KF
Mar 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Having read a few of K Aten books I knew I liked her style, with strong romantic cores. This book was no disappointment - lots of action, interesting storyline, so pleased I read it.
Danielle
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jo
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general
The story has fantastic worldbuilding, intricate plotting and good action scenes. Amari and Zen are compelling leads and the romantic beats of their arc were well written. The third person POV was effectively used to thread the separate story elements together, particularly before Amari and Zen met. Reading the book was like watching a superhero movie, far better than DC/Marvel's though, because this one is both female led and populated by so many more kickass women! ...more
Your Lips... Apocalypse..
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Way to engaging for me!! Loved it.
Candice
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Sue Matthews
Jul 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I would have given this a higher rating except the narrator became very annoying. It started out being OK, but the superfluous narrations became too much and I started skipping over them. Then I had to go back because I was afraid I might have missed something crucial that wasn't in the actual storyline of the MCs. It all became a bit irritating. The story would have been better if the narrated sections had been incorporated instead of 'narration'. ...more
Mary
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Breaks my heart to read about Jewish children in Paris during WWII, but I can imagine this experience was very common. Was not immediately available through our library system, but after requesting it, the book was ordered for me. Well written.
Kathy

• Wrong Number, Right Woman
  • Nottingham: The True Story of Robyn Hood
  • Those Who Wait
  • Sylver and Gold
  • The Fate of Stars (Sea and Stars, #1)
  • Finding Jessica Lambert
  • Witching Moon
  • Forever and A Day: a Those Who Wait story
  • The Adventurers
  • When You Least Expect It
  • Entangled  (Tangle Valley, #1)
Award winning author and Michigan native, Kelly Aten-Keilen brings heroines to life in a variety of blended LGBTQ fiction genres. She specializes in speculative fiction, focusing on extra-ordinary women who are as flawed as they are compelling. She's not afraid of pain or adversity, but loves a happy ending. Kelly's goal with each new novel is to make people #Think, #Feel, and #Discuss.

As a writer