Start by marking “War Bound (Elven Alliance #2)” as Want to Read:
War Bound (Elven Alliance #2)

War Bound

(Elven Alliance #2)

Marriage to an elf is complicated…especially bringing him home to meet the family.

Princess Elspeth of Escarland married the elf prince and achieved peace between the elves and her human people. But after a recent ambush by the trolls, it is clear the trolls are trying to start a war between the elves and humans once again. To keep their peoples at peace, Essie and Farren
Published April 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about War Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about War Bound

Start your review of War Bound (Elven Alliance #2)
Jaye Knight
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So. Much. Pain. 😭 BUT SO. SO. GOOD!!!
H.S.J. Williams
Isn't it lovely when you can eat a really yummy dessert with zero guilt? For me, that's this book, and the one before it. I typically don't have much luck with romance-centered stories as they often leave me feeling a bit ill afterwards, but this story is so cute, so easy to connect with, so FUN.

Our adorable, chatty heroine is bringing home her husband to her family...her husband, the terrifying elf warrior. Her husband, who actually is just a very anxious and shy smol bundle of nerves and ptsd
Lucie V.
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am happy to say that this book is better than the first one.

The story is similar to Fierce Heart in many aspects, but this time, Farrendel is visiting a foreign land, and has to get used to Essie's family and way of life.

Essie's family is definitely more interesting than Farrendel's. The characters are sweet and funny and their dynamic with Farrendel is so cute! I really enjoyed reading this book and seeing the relationship between Essie and Farrendel's progress. It was smoother than in the fi
Jacob Proffitt
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cliffhanger, fantasy
This is second in a fantasy series that has a unified through-line. So read in order.

This had a lot of the pattern of the first, only with Farrendel in Essie's kingdom and dealing with her family instead of the other way around. So again, very domestic in nature with lots of relationship building (familial as well as the rest of the kingdom) and accommodating changes in interesting ways. And I was all down with that, particularly with Essie's family. They were multi-dimensional, even as they wer
Beka
GAH.

GAHHHHHHHH.

FLAMIN’ HECK.

Tara, I may have to (Lovingly) sue you for emotional damages.

This book was very healing for me with the beautiful portrayal of familial love. Essie and Farrendel are precious and most be protected.

And I need book 3 STAT.
Suzannah
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ahahahahahahahahaha this series is catnip.

Yes, it's the fluffiest of all possible hurt/comfort (mostly comfort) arranged-marriage elf torture romances! featuring two cinnamon rolls mostly just learning about each other's different cultures and being mutually supportive! It's tropey! It's ridiculously Soft! It's squeaky clean but not sanitised! I love it an embarrassing amount!

More seriously: I had VERY few good romance novels to read for most of my life. The choice seemed to be between smut on t
Merie Shen
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ugh well excuse me--

This ended too soon and now I'm too excited for the third book 😐 I'll never have enough of Essie and Farrendel and family!
Kara
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: preordered
Wow to this sequel, just so good. It's a TRUE challenge for the sequel to be just as GOOD as the first book, but Grayce REALLY does it here! Farrendel and his sister travel to Essie's kingdom to report on the weapons (used in an ambush against them) to Essie's brothers.

LOVED every scene with Farrendel and Essie's brothers together!!

The plot was so much more precious in this sequel because we get to experience the vulnerable side of Farrendel as he gets to know the people and family of Essie's
AvidReader
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series is getting better and better!
There were many moments that I enjoyed so much like hero bonding with his brother in laws, exploring and meeting heroine country and family respectively, hero’s shy courting, the spectacular action scenes and finally the revelation of the traitors.
I loved all the characters in story, they all contributed perfectly.
Writing was so good. And I can’t wait for the heroine to rescue the hero in the next book.
Safe and recommended.
Somia
Jul 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku-books, fae
In book two Princess Elspeth (Essie) of Escarland and elf Prince/warrior Farrendel of Tarenhiel, grow closer, the marriage helping maintain peace between their two nations, but trouble and danger is brewing, traitors laying the ground to destroy the peace accord struck, and if Essie and Farrendel get hurt in the process - well there are some who would be more than pleased with that outcome.

An easy and light read, even with the some of the fighting and betrayal. I really like the fact that Essie
Deborah O'Carroll
(Disclaimer: I copyedited this, but I legitimately adored it. 💚 It's SO good!) ...more
TJ
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Absolutely adored every single thing about this story and would have rated it an enthusiastic five star if not for the full-stop ending that suddenly kicks the reader off a cliff mid-scene.
Verity Buchanan
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Two things: One, Farrendel is really cute when he learns how to tease, and two, Essie's family is as fantastic as she is.

I have to confess, I got a little tired of the number of times magical elf hair was referenced in this one. ;P Although, I get it, Essie's obsessed...

Like the first book, an easy read. Appreciated the further deepening of the relationship and how honestly wholesome and healthy the romance is. The pace picked up at the end with a couple heart-stopping twists that I, an obliviou
Treena
When the first paragraph of Chapter 1 makes yet another mention of the fabulousness of elven hair, shampoo, and conditioner, I rolled my eyes. In book 1, the magical properties of elven hair, shampoo, and conditioner was mentioned often. Practically every 3 or 4 chapters.

I know I’m nitpicking but I got turned off.

There’s also a sort of plodding predictability about the plot. Which I don’t really mind. But something about the story and the MC’s failed to capture any enthusiasm/interest from me.
Christa
I adored the first book Fierce Heart, and had high expectations for the sequel. And I’m delighted that it exceeded my expectations.

After the troll attack on the elves with human weapons, Essie and Farrendel are sent to Essie’s homeland on a peaceful mission to find out why human weapons were obtained by trolls. This is also a chance for Essie to introduce Farrendel to her family.

One of my absolute favorite tropes is two cultures clashing. Essie made a place for herself in the elven society wit
Lynn
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a well done, beautiful, character driven story. The characters from the first book were developed even further and characters we hadn't yet met were introduced. Some aspects of the main characters were further fleshed out and examined more closely. There was some intrigue and similar to book 1, there was action towards the end. My only issue is that this book leaves off on a cliff hanger. Not only is it a cliff hanger, it's an incredibly painful one. If I had known it would end thi ...more
Kristen
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was very sweet and fluffy and domestic and I was having a very good time, but then like 80% in Everything Happened So Much.
I firmly believe that the end will be a happy one, but I have to WAIT, I guess.

Also, my prediction that this one would have Sexytimes was wrong, if you were wondering. Very PG in that regard. Next time tho...
Andrea
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5

This time around its a trip to meet the human in-laws!
However, its less about merging the human/elven members of each family, and more about trying to stop an impending war. In the last book we found out that human traitors were selling munitions to the Trolls and trying to implicate the royal family.

With the new marriage being as fragile as it is can Essie and Farrendel keep their budding romance growing with objectors and plots threatening their alliance at every turn?

description

So I will say I want
Lemon
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ha...ha...ha...

Positives: Character relationship progression was good. Maybe a bit clunky at times but definitely natural and well. Love the focus on wider relationships as well as the marriage. As for characterization and plot, the former with the introduction of new people was well done and the latter was....you know? I won't be saying anything coherent about the plot so let's just say it was also well done.

Negatives: Not sure if this is my lack of sleep talking but the writing at times felt r
Robin Jacobson
Apr 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Gah!! Cliff hanger ending?! 😱 Ugh my heart hurts. I continue to love this author’s writing style, story, and characters, and I still very much enjoyed this book overall, but just not *quite* as much as the first book with that ending...Can’t believe I’m going to have to wait until September for the release of the next book. I should have paced myself to enjoy this book more while it lasted instead of binging in a single night. The next book can’t come soon enough!
Hollie
Jun 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
Boring til 80% then a cliffhanger!?? Really???

i liked the first book in this series but something went terribly wrong with this book . It was soooo slow moving. Boring almost. Finally @ 80% there was finally some actual plot to this clusterf#ck of a book only to abruptly end with a poorly placed cliffhanger. Such a waste of my time. Very disappointed. I won't continue this series and will avoid this writer in the future.
Rebekah Gyger
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are some stories you're meant to stay up all night reading. And War Bound, with its sweet romance and family bonding, is just one of those stories. The relationship between Essie and Farrendel is so wholesome and uncomplicated, despite the struggles going on around and inside them, that it makes your heart melt.

Unlike the first book, this one adds Farrendel's POV. While this concerned me at first, as I have never liked when authors suddenly added a second perspective to a series when previ
Savannah Jezowski
I won’t leave a starred review because I designed the cover for this book, but If i could, it would be five stars. I love this series so much. Even the ending...sob...it was just beautiful.
Monica Wilcox
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I'm really enjoying this series. ...more
Claire Banschbach
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Um excuse me. How am I supposed to wait until September after that cliffhanger!!

Picks up right after book 1, and this time we get to explore the human cities and see some of the story through Farrendel's POV which can be quite humorous sometimes as elves are quite different from humans. Adored the continuing romance between him and Essie. As well as Essie's continued growth and determination to make the alliance work and help the elves in their impending war.

Essie's brothers are all wonderful
Angelie
Jul 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
RATING: 3.5

This was better than the first book! The threat of an oncoming war made the plot more intriguing. I didn't expect that major twist towards the end of the book. I hope that will be addressed in the next book and that people (and someone) need to answer for their crimes.

The interactions between Farrendel and Essie's brother were gold! It gave me heartwarming feelings because I have a close relationship with my siblings as well. Besides, my little brother acts as stupidly hilarious as th
Merenwen Inglorion
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, own, kindle
Ah, it was just as much seeing human culture through Farrendel’s eyes as it was seeing elven culture through Essie’s. <3
Loved that aspect.
I also loved how each had the realization of “you know what, I’m not just attracted to the other; would die for the other.”
And Lance. I loved Lance (I typically always love the absent-minded inventor charries). And Farrendel meeting Essie’s brothers.
Also, there were lots of highlightable quotes on love, brotherhood, and life in general.

Kind of a huge cliffhang
BleuBelle
I loved the first book and couldn't wait to get my hands on this one.

Nothing really happens in this story. Theres no real developement in the relationship, too much family butting in. The drama was simple and one could see the bad guys from a mile away.
All the things that made book I so special and beautiful were missing. It felt like a filler book.

I have no idea if I'm going to read book III.
Lena
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy, ya
Okay, so I loved the first book in this series. I loved it so much that I left myself a reminder on my Google calendar to login and nab this second book the moment it released on April 21st. And I refreshed. And refreshed. And refreshed until it finally popped up at 2 AM and went down a path of terrible life choices, staying up to devour this latest addition until about 6:30 when I went to walk my dog.

There was a lot about this book that I enjoyed, and many of these aspects were carryovers from
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• When She's Married (Risdaverse #2)
  • The Night Realm (Spell Weaver, #1)
  • The Shadow Weave (Spell Weaver, #2)
  • Angel Fever (Immortal Legacy #3)
  • Angel Fire (Immortal Legacy, #1)
  • Angel Fury (Immortal Legacy Book 2)
  • Exodus (Imp, #8)
  • Elven Blood (Imp, #3)
  • Red Rope of Fate (The Elves of Lessa, #1)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
  • The Unseen Heir (Legends of Abreia #2)
  • Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #2)
  • The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia, #1)
  • Forest of Firelight (The Riven Kingdoms, #1)
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
  • The Prince's Bargain (The Elves of Lessa, #3)
  • Crown of Moonlight (Court of Midnight and Deception #2)
  • Sea of Starlight (The Riven Kingdoms #2)
Born and raised in Michigan, I enjoy traveling to new adventures that inspire my writing.

Growing up, I read just about every book I could get my hands on, especially fantasy. I currently write YA fantasy and romantic fantasy filled with lots of humor, spunky and tough leading ladies, and broken heroes.

When I am not writing, I enjoy spending time with my chocolate lab, Miss Kisses.

Elven Alliance (5 books)
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance #1)
  • Death Wind (Elven Alliance, #3)
  • Troll Queen (Elven Alliance, #4)
  • Pretense (Elven Alliance #5)