Start by marking “Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Identity” as Want to Read:
Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Identity

Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Identity

(The Lily Singer Adventures #6)

Lily Singer is in trouble. Deep, deep trouble. Alone and without her magic, she doesn’t know where she is or how she got there. All she wants is to go home and be left in peace. But what part of her will she have to sacrifice to get there?

Sebastian Blackwell is doomed. Spent, wrecked, devastated. Everything he ever had going for him is lying in ash and ruin, and he can’t
Published 2020 by Chenoweth Press

To ask other readers questions about Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus

Start your review of Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Identity
Siobhan
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Since starting the Lily Singer Adventures series, I’ve been hooked. It’s a wonderful world of magic, one that has me desperate for more of the characters and the storyline. Whenever there’s a new book, I’m always eager to dive in.

With Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Identity, book six in the series, I wasn’t quite as in love as I have been in prior books. I enjoyed it, yes, but it didn’t quite wow me in the way the other books in the series have. I think a part of this is due to how much I loved
Lola
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it.

Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Identity is the sixth book in this series. I really like this series and after the cliffhanger ending of book 5 I was curious to see how book 6 would continue the series. I have to say I was quite surprised by how the author handled things in this book, some of it really worked for me and other things less so, but all in all it was another solid and enjoyable book.

Let's start with the
Heather
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One must read the series in order to understand what is going on, but this book is excellent. We are focused more on sebastian and him finding himself. Great read
Graycelyn Love
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg...I could not stop reading this book!!! It really brought Sebastian’s feelings into play. Talk about redemption!! I cannot wait for the next book. That is the only problem with devouring a book in one sitting, you have to wait for the next one. Lydia Sherer, you knocked it out of the park’nn
Kboeckel
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of the books in the Love, Lies and Hocus Pocus series, so far. I was fortunate to be included in the advanced reading group for book 6, Identity. As the series has progressed, we have seen the characters develop, and the interactions become more dramatic, tense, complicated, and darker. There are 3 main characters, Lily the wizard, Sebastian the witch, and Sir Edgar Allan Kipling, the snarky, talking, magical cat. Throughout the series, they are periodically joined by extended ...more
Roberta
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read and enjoyed all the previous instalments of Love, Lies and Hocus Pocus, so I was thrilled to receive an ARC of the 6th: Identity.

This is rather longer than the previous books, though it doesn’t feel excessively long. There are all the elements that we love about this series: magic, Sir Kipling (and his snark), a little romance, fighting for good, writing that flows well, is easy to read and so on. There are a number of little references to other books, tv, films - I particularly
Dawn Smith
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have all of Lydia’s books. I met her at a pop-con a few years back and look forward to seeing her every year to pick up the newest book in her series. She also has a stand alone for Sir Kipling and the start of a series about Sebastian.
About this book, it is the best of the series so far! The character development is great. The plot was thick and had a few unexpected twists. I could not put the story down.... staying up past my bedtime! I laughed, I cried.... you need to read this series if
Pat Samuelson
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free advance copy of the book and agreed to provide honest feedback. I love this series and thoroughly enjoy this new entry. At the end of the fifth book Lily Singer is drugged and kidnapped. Sebastian has turned his back on the Fae, losing their protective magic, in order to find Lily. Sir Kipling is, as always, there to keep everyone focused. This is an excellent follow-up to book five. If you haven't read the previous entries in this series I strongly recommend reading these ...more
bookgeek607
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
After waiting anxiously for book six, I couldn’t wait to dive right in. It picks up right where book five left us hanging! We are tagging along with Sebastian this time around as he tries to find Lily. At times it felt like the book was slower than the others in the past but just as enjoyable. You have action, adventure, and a snarky cat along for the journey.
You have to read the books in the series in order in to completely understand the stories.
I received a free copy of this book all
Eveie Hickman
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mr Kipling certainly got more page time , his interactions with Sebastian were a delight to read as they find there way back to lily and the demonic forces holding her for what we never find out but all the family members seem to play a part no matter how small. This was well written and I liked the way the characters interacted. Will Morgan Le fey resurface in another guise remains to be seen. Look forward to the next book.
Karen
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. The book as a whole was fun and well written; the last quarter was excellent. Having Sebastian's perspective dominate the book with brief Lily tidbits was inspired, and I think necessary to fully tell this part of the story. Well worth reading.

I received a complimentary ARC; all opinions are my own and freely given.
Kristen Williams
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free copy of this book and I am reviewing it voluntarily.*

I have loved every book that I have read in the Lily Singer series. And it was no different with the newest book. I couldn’t wait to read this after the cliffhanger from Book 5 and I was pleased with how Lydia Sherrer ties things together in this novel. I am excited to see where the story goes from here!
Nicole Lynn
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy this series and have read most of the books in it multiple times. Normally the books are from Lily’s perspective but this one is mostly told from Sebastian’s perspective. It was interesting to learn more about him and see his side of things. However, I did miss Lily’s views and the way they banter with each other.

You will need to have read the previous books in this series or at the least the book right before this one (Love, Lies and Hocus Pocus: Betrayal) or it will be very confusing.
Miriam Løvdahl
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even at book nr 6 Lydia Sherrer is able to capture you into her book. It just gets better and better! The characters and the storyline is captivating and interesting. Normally I get bored when reading series with more than 4 books, but here I only want more <3
Erin
is currently reading it
Jan 20, 2020
Alley
Jan 23, 2020

• Royally Hitched: The Fae Prince: (The Dark Fae Series, Book 1)
  • Initiation (Elite Supernatural Trackers, #1)
  • Twisted Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen, #5)
  • Strawberry Shortcake Sins (Murder in the Mix #21)
  • Wicked Intentions: A Coraline Blackbyrne Novel (Five Realms Academy, #1)
  • Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)
  • The Christmas Wish (Sunshine Valley #0.5)
  • A Perilous Undertaking (Veronica Speedwell, #2)
  • Big Bad Academy
  • No Time Like the Past (The Chronicles of St. Mary's, #5)
  • The Sect (Craig Crime Series, #11)
  • Strange Planet
  • The Keeper (Craig Crime Series, #12)
  • Mercerian Tales: The Making of a Man
  • What Could Possibly Go Wrong? (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #6)
  • Write, Publish, Promote your Novel with Amy & Ellie
  • Weightless
  • Surviving the Fall Box Set: The Complete Surviving the Fall Series - Books 1-12

The Lily Singer Adventures (6 books)
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Beginnings (The Lily Singer Adventures, #1)
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Revelations (The Lily Singer Adventures, #2)
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Allies (The Lily Singer Adventures #3)
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Legends (The Lily Singer Adventures #4)
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Betrayal (The Lily Singer Adventures, #5)