Start by marking “Her Homecoming Wish” as Want to Read:
Her Homecoming Wish

Her Homecoming Wish

She’s ready to shed her good-girl ways…

“You’re all about following the rules now?

“Pity.”

Mackenzie Wallace hopes there’s still some bad boy lurking beneath single father Danny Adams’s upright exterior. Being the proverbial good girl left her brokenhearted and alone in the past. Now she’s back in town and wants excitement with her high school crush—not love. Dan knows
Published January 21st 2020 by Harlequin Special Edition

To ask other readers questions about Her Homecoming Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Homecoming Wish

Start your review of Her Homecoming Wish
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Her Homecoming Wish Jo McNally is the story of Dan Adams and Mackenzie 'Mack' Wallace.
Mackenzie has returned to Gallant Lake, her home town. Mackenzie was always the good girl, got married and moved away. But now she is divorced and was planning to return home when her father fell off a ladder so she had to escalate her plans. Dan was her brother's best friend and along with her brother a bad boy of the town. So her first meeting with him since coming back was sneaking into her dad's Liquor
Caitlyn Lynch
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp-romance
Talk about a role reversal… in their high school days, Mackenzie Wallace was the goody two-shoes who never put a foot wrong, and ‘Danger Dan’ Adams was trouble with a capital T. Now Mackenzie is back in Gallant Lake after her perfect life came crashing down around her ears… and ‘Danger Dan’ is a deputy sheriff?

Both Dan and Mack are dragging around an awful lot of emotional baggage, and Dan has a daughter from a failed marriage to consider, but the sparks flying between the two of them are
Robin Loves Reading
Labels. Both good and bad. He has dropped his. She is trying to drop hers. When it comes to Mackenzie Wallace, she has spent a lifetime being good, close to perfect, in everything. Problem is, she never had any fun. Meanwhile, Danny Adams was the ultimate bad boy-turned Sheriff. He is also a single dad so he is as strict as he can be so that he can do as much as he can for the town, and his daughter.

Mack is out for fun, and she will do whatever is in her power to bring Danny along for the ride.
Cheryl
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a sweet read mixed with some humor and a dash of spice. Mac and Danny were good. As much as Mac would like to think she was not such a good girl, she could never fully be a "bad" one. Danny used to be the "bad" boy but with his job as sheriff and his daughter, Chloe; he has lost a lot of his "wild" side. However, being around Mac does bring out some of it in Danny. These two pair nicely with one another.

I like that Mac and Danny did not have an "insta love". Despite the fact that Mac
Vikki Vaught
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow
Sharon
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copy
This is a story about labels - or rather, what we do with them. In high school, Mackenzie was the "good girl" - the perfect student, the model child. Danny "Danger Dan" Adams was the bad boy - the tattooed biker always in trouble. Move on a decade or two and things have changed - Mack is back in town after a failed marriage, looking to shed her good girl image for good. Danny is the obvious choice - but it seems that he has already done some shedding, and left behind his danger days in favour of ...more
Isha Coleman
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
McNally turns an identity crisis into a heart full of fun. Mac is looking to find herself, Just as former bad Danny has changed his ways. What ensues is a tempting kind of heartwarming that will have emotions on topsy-turvy ride into love. Her Homecoming Wish charms It's way into the heart.
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
This is a sweet read mixed with some humor and a bit of spice. Mac and Danny were good I enjoyed there story. I can way it was my fav or anything like that but i enjoyed it for what it was. I ike that it was not fairly long too, it was a great in between bok for me to cleanse my pallet.
Donna Was A Scandal
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Another fun category romance read. Fabulous character growth, watching both try to shed the images from their youth and start fresh was fun to read. Great story, an excellent dash of suspense, compelling characters that were very relatable.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Mackenzie Wallace has learned that being the quintessential good girl is completely overrated, she use to strive to always be good... but now she has a craving to be bad! She wants to be wild, free, and not follow all the rules down to the letter. And her brothers best friend Danny Adams seems like the perfect place to start, way back when he was the town's bad boy, and she is hoping he can teach her his wild ways.

But there is just one problem, he's now an officer and likes to follow the
Jessica Figueroa
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mackenzie always striven to be the good person, the good sibling, the good wife but it all came crashing down and shes tired of being so good. Now shes back to her home town to help keep her fathers business afloat while he recovers from an injury and wants to have more fun with her life. Maybe even Danny her brothers bad boy best friend can help her out. Problem is hes an officer now with his own set of issues with his job and isn't sure he can deal with a personal and work life.

I really
Sheri Melnick
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
McNally returns to Gallant Lake in this third Gallant Lake series installment (after It Started at Christmas). Mackenzie “Mack” Wallace has returned home to Gallant Lake, New York, nursing the wounds of her failed marriage and helping to care for her father and the liquor store he runs. Mistaking her for a burglar, Deputy Sheriff Dan Adams almost arrests her when he finds her in the liquor store after hours. But when he recognizes her as the younger sister of one of his best friends in high ...more
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
Mackenzie was always the "good girl" growing up. She kept her head down, got good grades, didn't get into trouble. She married the "right guy" and started a life of being the "good wife" until one day being the "good" one got her a cheating husband and her world being turned upside down. Now she is back in her hometown and has decided that adventure is her new goal. Dan Adams was one of the town's trouble makers but one night of bad decisions changed things for him. Now he is Sheriff Dan, the ...more
Teri
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being the good girl got her no where. When her brother started going off the rails she chose to be the one that was no trouble at all. Anything to get away. And get away she did. Now she was back and ready to turn over a new leaf. Gone was the good girl. He had changed. No longer the bad boy now deputy do-right who followed all the rules and put safety first became who he was. He was taking on the world and she was casting her cares away. Between the two of them is a fire that burned since they ...more
Lynn
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mackenzie Wallace was the perfect good girl growing up and had become the perfect wife until she caught her husband cheating on her. Now she is coming back home to lick her wounds and help her father out after his surgery. Mackenzie is tired of being a good girl and is looking to change her ways. Maybe bad boy Danny Adams is still in town looking to get into some trouble.
Bad boy Danny Adams has given up his bad boy ways and is now a local police officer and a single dad. When he sees Mackenzie
Cassie Luellman
2.5

This was a good small town romance with two decent main characters. My biggest problem with this book was how repetitive it was. I also didn’t like how preachy and judgemental it felt at times. Drinking beer vs a martini has no bearing on if you are a good girl or not. Also, what even is a “good” girl? Especially when you are talking about an adult woman?!?

*Thank you to the publisher for allowing me to read this book for free in exchange for my honest review.
CR
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nothing really new in this story. But a good feel time that was a very quick read. I had a fun time reading about Mackenzie trying to shed her good girl title and trying to bring Danny along for the ride. If you are looking for a quick story to give you all the feels then check this one out.
Harlequin Books