Start by marking “Shadowed: Book 1 in the Shadow and Moon Series” as Want to Read:
Shadowed: Book 1 in the Shadow and Moon Series

Shadowed: Book 1 in the Shadow and Moon Series

Sixteen-year-old Henley Abbott is just trying to make it through high school in the small town of Edison, Washington where she has lived her entire life. Constantly feeling alone, she’s surprised when she finds herself intrigued by the new boy in town, Cohen Davenport. With the entire town talking about the new and secretive family, Henley refuses to join in on the rumors ...more
350 pages
Published January 2nd 2020 by Kingston Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Shadowed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadowed

Start your review of Shadowed: Book 1 in the Shadow and Moon Series
Inkslinger
Shadowed by Michelle Areaux

ARC provided by Kingston Publishing Company, Michelle Areaux, and XpressoTours. All opinions are mine and freely given.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

01-07: The synopsis for 'Shadowed,' first in a new series by author Michelle Areaux, boasts that "fans of Twilight, The Guardian Series, and the Marked Saga will instantly fall in love with this new paranormal series." What it doesn't tell you, is that in spots it's practically just the same story with a few tweaks to details.

Henley, our main
Emily
Henley Abbott is a sixteen year old girl who knows she doesn't fit in with the kids in school and she accepts that. When new neighbor Cohen Davenport moves next door she is intrigued but thee is something odd about his secretive family. Everyone is talking about the family but Cohen doesn't bother getting pulled into it and Cohen finds himself intrigued by Cohen. Secrets come out and Henley has to decide if she is willing to stand by Cohen's side because these secrets could destroy everything.

Mary Dean
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so excited for this series! This first book in it had me captivated from the start. Henley is an outcast. Her only friend is Amy and they are fine being on the outside. Then Cohen and his odd family move in next store and Henley can't ignore her fascination with them. Cohen seems to be captivated by her too. They have a rocky start to their friendship but soon they discover how compatible they really are. The crushes they have on each other can't be ignored. Then Cohen drops a truth bomb on ...more
Ingrid Vermeulen-Quakernaat
Across the street from where Henley lives new neighbors have arrived. In the town where she lives, with only 130 residents, that is an oddity. A family with 2 boys and a girl. As soon as Henley drops her eye on Cohen, she feels warm and confused. Who is this boy? What is his story? One moment he seems to seek contact, the other time he keeps his distance. How should she handle that. Then he tells the story of his father and why the family has moved so often. With the knowledge of this story come ...more
Lixa Santiago
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about Henley a sixteen year old girl who is so used to be an outcast, she only had one friend and that was Amy. But then Cohen moved in across from her home and she couldn't help but to feel connected to him even if it meant putting her own life in danger.
The book begin with a lot of similarities to twilight, in face the author mentions twilight in the first few pages. This made me want to put the book down, I didn't wanted to read a book like twilight but instead I decided to give
ACME  TEEN BOOKS Kids, YA & NA Too!
I know I always say that I love whatever type of book I have read but it's true and I love Paranormal romances. I did the blitz on Shadowed and decided it sounded so good and so intriguing that when Michelle offered me a copy, I could not turn it down!

Now, it turned out that it wasn't exactly what I expected with some characters I didn't care for but overall, I enjoyed the read. I cannot say which characters I didn't care for as that would be a spoiler but it kept me entertained throughout. It
Andrea Thompson
I hate having to give less than positive reviews, but this one was really difficult. I was reading an unedited ARC, so some things may get resolved before release.

The bad: Tense flips back and forth constantly and is very distracting. Dialogue is stilted and unnatural. There's a lot of storytelling that isn't actually telling anything. There are parts that are frighteningly close to Twilight for my comfort. Some find it romantic, but a boy / man who has been around for 50+ years falling for a 16
Ga Books LoverX
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Paranormal romances are my catnip, I freaking love them, doesn't matter what they are about, I love reading ALL of the stories. Shadowed is a bit different. It was entertaining, so I definitely recommend checking it out, but I probably won't be checking out the 2nd book in the series because it was just a bit too weird for me. I wasn't completely bought in by the story and characters and what makes Cohen's family a bit different.

Overall, if you are looking for a quick YA paranormal read with a
Sharon
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
The small town of Edison, Washington, will never be the same after the new neighbors move in.

What if the government made a mistake years ago and are trying to cover it up by experimenting and killing innocent people?

To my mom, I should dress more like the popular kids at school. But to me, well, I have already accepted my fate as the school loser. I just wish she would come to terms with the idea, too.

Henley couldn’t wait to leave Edison. She and her best friend, Amy, have always been
Christina Luberts
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I did get into this story about Henley and Cohen. Henley has always lived in a small town. Cohen and his family just moved in and are the talk of the town. Henley has always been an outsider in her town, with only one friend. Cohen has never stayed in one place long and never really talked to others. They have something going on from the first moment their eyes meet. Can they come together? Will Cohen stay away to keep her safe? Who really are the Cohen family?

I received a free copy of this
Barbie-Ann Clark
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book I had to take a little time to compose myself and get my thoughts clear in my head before I put them in a review.
Wow this book was amazingly written. Once I started I couldn’t put it down till I was finished. This book has twists and turns you don’t know what’s happening. will they all get there happily ever after or will it all go wrong. To find out what happens go buy the book. You won’t be disappointed I wasn’t.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shadowed: Book 1 in the Shadow and Moon Series by Michelle Areaux is a wonderful story to read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series that I fell in love with and can not wait to dive into book number two. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romances.

Shannon
Good story with romance and suspense and mystery. The characters are well done and the story is involving.
Michelle Areaux
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jess Wanfalt
Natalie Burgess
Bonnie
Karen
Jan 04, 2020

• Natural Passion (Au Naturel Trilogy #1)
  • Guarding Her
  • Chameleon
  • You Too?
  • The King's Questioner
  • Mister Hollywood
  • The Rancher’s Inherited Family (McCall Ranch Brothers #1)
  • The Cowboy’s Rescue (McCall Ranch Brothers, #2)
  • Their Downfall (Scarred Cliff 3)
  • Royal Playboy (Playboy Royal, #1)
  • Emotionally Powerful: A Paranormal Superhero Romance Series (Empath Chronicles Book 3)
  • Rise Of The Alphas; Collection (Rise Of The Alphas, #1 To #11)
  • Sugarplum (Sweet Curves #4)
  • Lavender Cove Shifters; Heath (Alpha Charming, #1)
  • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
  • Sons of Fire
  • Bratva Billionaire (Russian Underworld, #3)
  • Bad Love (Medical Billionaires Love #1)
Michelle Areaux is a wife, mother, and seventh grade Language Arts teacher.

She earned her Bachelor’s degree at the University of Kentucky and a Master’s degree in Literacy from Asbury University.