Start by marking “The Tanglewood Wedding Shop (Tanglewood Village #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tanglewood Wedding Shop (Tanglewood Village #3)

The Tanglewood Wedding Shop

(Tanglewood Village #3)

Edie has enough on her plate keeping her tyrannical boss happy at Moiras Wedding Shop. So when society bride Tia begs Edie to design her wedding dress and keep it a secret from the domineering mother-in-law to be Edie reluctantly says I will to making Tias dream come true. If her deception is found out, though, it would mean losing her job

Meanwhile best man James has his
Published January 13th 2020 by Canelo Escape

To ask other readers questions about The Tanglewood Wedding Shop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tanglewood Wedding Shop

Start your review of The Tanglewood Wedding Shop (Tanglewood Village #3)
Natalia  R
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Tanglewood Village series and follows Edie, a single mom who works at the wedding shop in the village, and James, a member of the upper-crust. Edie is secretly designing a second wedding dress for society bride Tia, who is not happy with her mother-in-law's choice. When she meets best man James, there's an immediate spark between them. But they're from completely different worlds and Edie is convinced that their relationship will never work.

The Tanglewood Wedding
romancejunkie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a nice read and it had cute moments, but I didn't like the way the characters handled things.
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Easily my favourite book of this Tanglewood series - it has adorable animals, wedding dresses, a really lovely child, a fabulous book boyfriend and Edie who is just trying to make ends meet and provide for her son.

First up I really need to say how much I really disliked both Moira, Edie's boss at the Wedding dress shop, and also Tia's mother in-law Julia. If they both such frustrating people, then Tia would never had to ask Edie to make her dream wedding dress come true, and and Edie may not
Frenchorchidea
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful book in the Tangelwood series by Lilac Mills! I absolutely adored reading this one! It's a page-turner. It's a cozy read with nice characters, a very good storyline, a nice romance and lots of events! I give this book a 4 stars out of 5! I want to read everything by Lilac Mills! She is a very good chick-lit writer!!!
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it!!! This was by far my favorite book in the series. Mary the rabbit was the star of the book. Who can resist a cute bunny, especially one being taken out on walks? The book overlapped with the timeline of the second book with Leanne(Flower Shop.) Stevie made more of an appearance than she did in the previous book. Loved Edie and James. They communicated a bit more than Rex and Leanne, but Edie still overreacted at times and jumped to conclusions without fully knowing the truth. I love ...more
Kelly
Mar 31, 2020 added it
Shelves: uno-2020
Lovely, cosy read. Ive read the earlier books in the series and this one doesnt disappoint. Always lovely to see how old characters are faring and lovely to meet new ones. Entertaining and enjoyable. Recommended read.

Ukgardenfiend
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
A wedding shop story with difference.
We are not reading about the shop but the seamstress, who does not own the shop, but makes and designs the gowns - for a pittance due to a mean shop owner.
We have a cute village which emphasises just how remote some of our Welsh ( and Welsh Border) villages can be, lacking the amenities of travel if you dont have a car, with rare and unreliable buses.
Overall a sweet story within the genre but no real bite and a rather wishy-washy heroine.
Roberta
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I chose this book because I enjoyed the previous book in the series (The Tanglewood Flower Shop). Unfortunately, I was rather disappointed.

Mild spoilers below.

The overwhelming problem was that I strongly disliked both of the main characters. Edie was very judgemental, both of James, jumping to the conclusion that hes rich and doesnt work, and of people in general. She thinks you never see a poor farmer! Most farmers are very poor indeed, they do it for the love of it, not the money. Edie also
Helen Leecy
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I do so love visiting Tanglewood. I wish it really existed as I would love to live there!
Anyway, I do believe this is the best book in the series so far. It was absolutely perfect. It had the perfect balance of a slow burn romance, with some angst and drama thrown in.
In this instalment, we are following Edie, a single mother seamstress who is as content with her lot. She believes this is all shes capable of being at this juncture of her life. However, things are suddenly going to be turned
Lee Ann
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the 3rd book in the Tanglewood series. As with the first two, it's an enjoyable. light-hearted romantic comedy that immerses you in the setting. There are some familiar characters and events from the second book since there is some timing overlap, but it's great to revisit familiar characters and see things from another perspective.
This book focuses on Edie, a single mom that is living paycheck to paycheck, and James, a member of the upper-crust. Edie is surreptitiously designing a
Micaela
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love it when I read a romance book and also learn interesting stuff. In this case, about wildlife and environment. Bats are awesome, beavers are awesome, and wildflowers are awesome.
This was such a cute read! The start's a little slow, and it took some effort to connect with the characters... Basically, until the bunny appears.
"The Tanglewood Wedding Shop", as the title suggests, is about Edie, a single mother and a seamstress and designer of dresses who works in the only Wedding Shop in the
Emma
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read and enjoyed the previous books in the Tanglewood series. This is the third book in the series, and features Edie, a single Mum who works in the Wedding shop in the village.
The story also features a lot more of the previous characters than the second book did. The story is set alongside a similar time frame as the Flower shop book. Leanne, the florist had filmed the tv show, and is moving in with Rex.
It was nice to read about the characters from the last couple of books. I did find
Kathleen Gray
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Light and funny, this is the story of Edie and James, two people who are meant for each other but they just don't know it! Yet! Edie works in a wedding shop (duh) for Moira, who pushes her around a bit. She's raising her son Danny on her own and it's a good, if spare, life. Then Tia asks her to design a gown, which opens a world of possibilities and brings her into contact with James, who is going to be best man at the wedding. Things move pretty fast (as they do in this sort of novel- not a ...more
Pam Robertson
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved returning to this series and picking up with life in the village. Edie is an endearing central character, so determined to do what is in the interests of her young son. You are willing her on to succeed from the beginning. With romance and humour in equal measure. I loved the exploits with the family pet and also some of the eccentric characters who seem to populate Tanglewood. A great book to relax into, with plenty of romance and heart-warming friendships to make you smile.

Thanks to
Kimberly List
Feb 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs, netgalley, dnf
This review is really hard for me to write. I could not finish this book. I had a really hard time keeping my interest in the writing and i dont know if that is because I have not read the other 2 in the series or because the side items revolving the couple did not interest me. It really threw me off how the mention of being "poor" was thrown in so much and made me feel more sorry for the characters then wanting to read a romance.

Thank you to netgalley for allowing me to read this ARC in
Donna
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story from the Tanglewood series. The characters are so likable and the storyline engaging. The interaction between them flows smoothly. Even the people you want to hate!
There were parts that made me laugh and some that touched my heart.
An all together great read. I highly recommend this book.
Thank you Lilac Mills, Canelo and NetGalley for this advance copy for my honest feedback.
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
Absolutely adore these books, just happiness and joy. I devour them and then Im sad theyre over. Edie and James are so lovely, all the main characters in these books are just so well written, heartwarming characters. If you want a book to make you smile this book and the previous two will definitely make you warm inside. I hope there are more books to come because I love them.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Christine Galletly
I love the books by this author and this was a delightful romantic read!

I thought that the book had some great characters and I thought that it had great attention to detail.

It had me hooked right from the beginning through to the end - I loved every page.

It is 5 stars from me for this one, it is another fabulous read from this author and I can't wait to see what she releases next - very highly recommended!!
Sharon Naylor Toris
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a nice, easy read, everything I hoped for upon my return to Tanglewood. This new title in the series is lovely, and Lilac Mills creates such realistic, messy, uplifting, cringe-worthy moments for these characters. I loved the details in everything weddings, as Mills has such a gift for description and bringing everything to life. Definitely a comfy read for a snowed-in day! I'll be looking out for the next books by Lilac Mills. She's a find.
Janette
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read and enjoyed the other books in this series and wasn't disappointed with this one. Although part of a series, this could easily be read as a standalone novel.

A lovely easy read with likeable characters and an interesting setting in a wedding shop. Perfect for a holiday read or for a lazy Sunday afternoon. I recommend this book and the other two in the series.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review
Annarella
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed the other books in this series. The plot is well crafted and flows, the cast of characters is fleshed and interesting, the setting lovely.
It was a fun and entertaining read, recommended.
Many thanks to Canelo and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Stacey
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy being in Tanglewood and enjoy reading novels by this author. It was an easy read that I flew through over the Christmas period and found myself wishing it was longer.

The characters and the location was fab, and I liked that there was past characters involved (even just a little bit), but this could easily be read as a stand-alone.

A great read.
Leah Hines
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sweet romance with humor, great characters, and a bit of misunderstanding. I hadn't read this author before and I am glad to have found this series. I will definitely be reading more in the future. There is a charm to the story that makes you feel like Tanglewood is a real place that you would love to visit.
Fleurtje Eliza
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-a-rainy-day
I can always count on Lilac Mills to make me smile:

"'Miss Harding says discussions are when everyone gets to have their say.' Danny stuck out his chin, treating her to a defiant look. (..) 'Saying "no" isn't a discussion, Danny added."

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of the book.
Rachel Kennedy
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great read, the story of Edie and James.

When she meets him there is an attraction, but she thinks he is just too different from her. She is a single mum struggling to make ends meet and she thinks he must be rich judging by the friends he has. Will she realise she was too quick to judge him before it is too late?

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a voluntary and honest review.
Andree Birch
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Escapism is alive and well!

I really enjoyed this book, particularly the humour and the wedding theme. It certainly helped me to relax and while away a few hours during self isolation.
Caroline O'Neill
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A lovely uplifting story with a few unexpected twists and turns. The ending was a little abrupt but it was a thoroughly enjoyable read and I will read more from this author.

Thanks goes to NetGalley for providing the copy.
julianne
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, arc, chick-lit
I didn't realise this was part of a series, but I enjoyed it none-the-less,

A light, smooth read and I'll definitely look for more from this author.
Rajasree
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
It was a sweet read and an interesting plot. I'm always a sucker for fashion design and small towns, and the addition of a rabbit (rabbit racing?!) and a little energetic boy made it a lot of fun.
Shkolnikjx
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was an excellent novel, with a strong cast of characters. I enjoyed the storyline very much and would definitely reccomend this book.

• New Beginnings At Glendale Hall
  • Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 9)
  • The Telephone Box Library
  • The Little Village Library
  • Escape to Giddywell Grange
  • Spring Shoots on Sunflower Street: An uplifting feel-good romance for 2020 (Sunflower Street Book 1)
  • New Beginnings at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 2)
  • A Springtime To Remember
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall
  • Searching for Steven (Whitsborough Bay, #1)
  • Christmas at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 1)
  • Finding Hope at Lighthouse Cove (Welcome To Whitsborough Bay Book 3)
  • The Other Wife
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • A Christmas Wish and a Cranberry Kiss at the Cosy Kettle (Cosy Kettle, #3)
  • Making Wishes at Bay View (Welcome To Whitsborough Bay #1)
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams (Rabbits Leap, #6)

Tanglewood Village (3 books)
  • The Tanglewood Tea Shop (Tanglewood Village #1)
  • The Tanglewood Flower Shop (Tanglewood Village #2)

News & Interviews