Start by marking “A Wolvenk Holiday (A Women of Dor Nye Novella)” as Want to Read:
A Wolvenk Holiday (A Women of Dor Nye Novella)

A Wolvenk Holiday

(Women of Dor Nye #0.5)

T'was just before Christmas and all through the ship,
Carols were playing and hot chocolate was sipped.

A fall from above left Kiona in danger,

What waited below was not from a manger.

What will she find in the land of the Wolvenk?

The adventure at hand is not what you think.

Wounded and trying to survive the bitter cold, Kiona experiences the shock of her life when a
Published December 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Wolvenk Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wolvenk Holiday

Start your review of A Wolvenk Holiday (A Women of Dor Nye Novella)
Kelly
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I kinda, sorta love alien/human romances. Especially when the alien is non-humanoid as heck and the human is allllll over him.

Kiona and Thorn certainly fit that bill. He's a sentient wolf alien and she's an unwitting woman dropped on the surface of his planet after a bone-headed mistake by one of her co-workers. (Seriously, the dude is a serious bonehead. Serious.)

When Thorn finds Kiona, she's injured and freezing. He's not quite sure what to make of her and her hairless self, but he can't let
JoAnn
I’ve always loved this authors Women of Dor Nye series and this little short was no different. It was a super sweet and hardly humanoid smutty read.

Again I think Poppy’s specialty is making you fall in love with the most alien looking aliens in romance these days.

Anyways this short sucks you in, I started it at like midnight thinking I would just read about half... obviously that didn’t happen and read the whole thing.
Stacie Mcelrath
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cool take on Christmas

This is my first story by this author. I loved it! What an original take on Christmas. A really cool blending of Christmas folk tales, future humans and really awesome wolf people. I really dug the dwarf yetis, too. Please read this story. I really loved everything about it, except Chad, he sucked. Oh, well, I like to think he got a whole bunch of coal in the end!
Tina
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Wolvenk Holiday

Merry Christmas! Absolutely loved this story. Kiona and Thorn were a great couple. Loved how they interacted together. The world building was outstanding and well thought out. The supporting characters were just engaging. I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend. I would love to read more about this world.
Tiblu
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Aaaaaaaaaaa,I’m really not sure how to feel about this ....

I’m really not sure how to feel about this . “Novella “ or not ,this is really this fr a story. Almost tracing paper thin. Toilet paper at the hospital thin, but then again tracing paper was my thought at the time I was there.
Novella or not doesn’t have to mean insubstantial or

something overly light.

From Google ( you friend and mine: no·vel·la
/nəˈvelə/
noun
noun: novella; plural noun: novellas
a short novel or long short story.

Might be
Erin
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Quick little holiday read

If you've made it to book 6 of the Dor Nye series, you've met a Wolvenk, River. This is set centuries before that, and weaves in some holiday themes as well.

Kiona has an idiot for a lab partner. They share a small orbiting space station, studying a recently discovered sentient species called Wolvenk. Said idiot doesn't follow proper procedures and has them both abandoning the failing station. Kiona makes it to the planet's surface where things continue to go wrong.
JML
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely Christmas tale

Who would not want to meet their very own wolf man, wake up in a fantastic Christmas village and meet a friendly Krampus !! so much fun from beginning to end. Kiona is a sociologist skulking I a space station during the Christmas holiday. She stuck on board with an idiot named Chad who's a big bah humbug ! The station becomes over fun with rodents because of stupid Chad and emergency procedures take place. Kiona has to crash land on the planet she's been researching
Amanda Perkins
4 rounded up.

First, if you are at all adverse to non-human aliens who lack humanoid features and thick kissable lips...just go read something else. Seriously. You can see the cover. You know what you're getting into.

For everyone else? This is short, sweet, and a fun little tie-in to the Xmas holidays, complete with a Krampus. No high-stakes drama or peril, just a nice smooth read. It's very nearly a perfect story, but I wish Ms. Rhys had been more bold and taken things a little farther than she
Mercy
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shapeshifters, aliens
She has spent months looking at this male specimen, she feels curious about life on the planet. She then has to evacuate the station and falls down into a lake, swimming up a creature bits her and fights it. She ends up dragging herself into a semi-safe place but falls asleep in delirium. And surprise surprise her wolvenk finds her. He finds her infection and tries to heal her.
From there on stuff become a bit fairytale-like, the sex is great, but don't think it feels anything else than sex with
Kristy Mills
I love Poppy Rhys. She is a one-click buy for me. But I was a little let down with this book. I knew it was a short one going in, but I was disappointed by the lack of relationship building in this. She has a great story telling ability, and she comes up with great storylines, but this one just missed the mark for me. For such a short story, there was too much other stuff going on I wanted to fall into Thorn and Kiona's story, but they almost took a backseat to the overabundance of Christmas ...more
Jannie Cv
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these unusual aliens!
First, a betrayal, a frightening situation, then dropping into a world previously seen only from afar. What a surprise! I think Thorn is a perfect match for our bubbly, alien-loving Kiona.
Kiona loves the winter holidays! I get a kick out of Kiana singing, with Thorn ‘serenading’ along with her. I love the sense of humor, and the unique look at many of our holiday traditions. This (mostly) light-hearted romp on Caniden is a delightful, romantic treat for this busy
Becky
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off Thank you Poppy for sending me this ARC to read! This book is set several hundred years before the dor nye books. Kiona is a scientist studying the Wolvenk a species from another planet from a space station. As she studies them she becomes interested in a particular male and likes to have the drones follow him around. This is the start of a very interesting book were two completely different people somehow make it work. My only complaint about the book is it is too short. I definitely ...more
Heather Neary-Willis
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Christmas story

I loved that we finally got a book for our lovable “Wolf”. This is a Christmas love story if I ever read one. A great add on to the series we all love and crave more of! Kiona falls from the sky and lands into the arms she truly belonged in. But her and her mate are captured and taken to a Christmas world unlike any she’s ever seen. If this her greatest dream come true or does the Christmas world hold something a little different?
Marlena
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading this novella was so strange but in a good way. The idea of a Wolvenk and human pairing was not my favorite, but I really had to be open to something different. I appreciate this novella for pushing me out of my comfort zone. I definitely enjoyed having a quick read that wasn't too heavy. Just perfect!
BAK
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
So so primitive

Not what I was hoping for. Pretty primitive species. Only a bit of Christmas excitement at a section. So can they have babies together or not? And I disliked that this alien species could not kiss. The author did a good job twisting in lore of the holidays on Earth to explain where it could have come from.
Michelle
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute as could be

This is a lovely story, with lovely people who get what they wish for & deserve. Lots of holiday cheer & smiles all around. Well written, and edited, the word is unique yets fits with the rest of the series. Worth a read! Even Chad Q got what he deserved, the taint weevil.
Cheryl Hoover
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Merry Read

A whole new look on Christmas! A inter-species love story with a happy ending for all. Well worth reading. In a comfy chair, with hot cider and a nice fire would make it dang near perfect!
Imee Benzon
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
***Wolvenk holiday***

It's a sweet and short romantic story. It's not bad but I would have like to have more backs Tory on Wolvenk and the kramps? Anyway it's a good beginning it became sugary sweet in the end though but it's a nice sweetness.
Maria
Great read

I loved this book about aliens and wolf packs and of course Christmas. This book is very entertaining and easy to read. I loved the new twist on "krampas". That was fun . I look forward to reading more from this author.
Country Goose
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Twist Ending!

Cheesy! Oh, so cheesy, but I loved every bit of it. The sex could have been better, the love between Thorn and Kiona could have been rounded out a bit more, but overall, I call this a good little story.
Dottie Withers
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

Love the new Wolvenk! Thorn is such a bada$$ alpha! Kiona finds herself in the care of Thorn after her pod crashes on his planet. They soon get to know each other while celebrating the holiday in an alien way. Great read! Wish There was more!
Cora lee loy-olazabal
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Wolvenk Holiday is very festive!

It was a very cute and strange story. My mom used to go all out for Christmas. To her there never was such a thing as too many decorations. I really enjoyed this book. Now, I have to try one of her other books.
Amber
Too cute

This is officially my favorite book by Poppy, it was tooth achingly sweet, perfect pace for a shorter story, and had great world building.

Out of all her characters Thorn and the Wolvenks are my favorite, I hope she posts more from this world soon.
Angel
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I was craving a story that featured the Wolvenk and this was perfect! I hope Naz gets a story (hint hint) or maybe this is the start of another series (bigger hint). Well done! Love your writing and stories!!!
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bloody fantastic seasonal read!
Engrossing from the start to finish this was a brilliant and original tale. With flashes of mythology and paranormal romance all tied up in a sci fi vibe. I loved Thorn My only grumble... that it ended and I wanted More!!!
shannon  Stubbs
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting

The Wolvenik show back up again in this book in the series. This time they act more sentient and less like a dog. So instead of platonic devotion they're a little more in this story. Add in a Christmas themed planet and you get one interesting story.
Debra Owen
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
thank you, such a fun Christmas story

absolutely fully enjoyed this novella. would love more stories with all these different species, including the mini-yeti. loved your take on the origins of Santa
Elvira Watson-ocampo
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love love!

I have read all of this authors books and I absolutely love her I wish she had more out because I am definitely starving for more! This was such a cute warm fun loving novella and I can’t wait to see more from this author she is my absolute favorite!
FlewB'DoobeyDoo
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Its a Christmas miracle!

Short, sweet, with some steam heat (of questionable origins). This was a fun read for lovers of christmas time, wolfmen, and coughcough Knotty times.

4.15 No-Kramp-On-Krampus stars
Danielle
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best !!!

I loved the story, the interactions between character and the Christmas feeling ... I love Christmas and this was a perfect book for this time of the year! I want more !!!

• The Pet Project
  • A Son for the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #2)
  • Contagion
  • Untamed Hunger (The Infinite City, # 3)
  • Chosen By A Beast (Hearts Of Stone, #1)
  • High Plains Cyborg (Cyborgs on Mars #0.5)
  • When She's Married
  • The Kraken's Heart (Alien Menagerie, #1)
  • Heart of the Agraak (The Mate Index #9)
  • Veraza's Choice (Into The Dead Fall, #5)
  • Penny's Protector (Icehome #10)
  • A Mate for Oigr (The Mate Index #8)
  • Our Treasure (Ours #3)
  • Contaminated: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Our Pet (Ours, #1)
  • Crex (Captured by Aliens #2)
  • The Lady and the Orc
  • Caveman Alien’s Enemy (Caveman Aliens, #10)
Poppy is a small town American girl, living in a tiny Canadian hamlet, who spends her days pounding on the keyboard, drinking tea, and living one step outside of reality. Her retirement plan is to be abducted by the aliens she writes about, but for now, she enjoys life with her husband, their three cats, and when she’s not getting sucked into cute animal videos, you can normally find her with her ...more

Women of Dor Nye (6 books)
  • The Melier (Women of Dor Nye, #1)
  • The Melier: Home World (Women of Dor Nye, #2)
  • The Yarian (Women of Dor Nye, #3)
  • The Khyma: Taken Part One (Women of Dor Nye, #4)
  • The Incuabri: Taken Part Two (Women of Dor Nye, #5)
  • The Melier: Prodigal Son (Women of Dor Nye, #6)