Start by marking “Healing Hearts (Stealing Hearts, Book #2)” as Want to Read:
Healing Hearts (Stealing Hearts, Book #2)

Healing Hearts

(Stealing Hearts #2)

Some hearts are made to be mended.

Zac Alvarez never expected to start his life over at forty-five, but his recent divorce means doing just that. Luckily, his career as a nurse in Boston keeps him busy and he has friends who understand Zac’s need to be as careful with his heart as he is with his diet.

Acting on a whim one fall afternoon, Zac buys lunch from a food truck
Published December 14th 2019 by Wicked Fingers Press

To ask other readers questions about Healing Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing Hearts

Start your review of Healing Hearts (Stealing Hearts, Book #2)
Heather
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just want to say that I want to wrap Zac up in layers of bubblewrap, two or three soft plushy blankets, and a huge Mama Bear hug until he sees that he is perfect as he is but then he wouldn't learn that through experience and sometimes we have to have the doubts run through our brains to make us see what's really important about ourselves. Aiden is just a delight. We all need an Aiden in our lives to keep us focused and positive. That's not to say Aiden doesn't have his moments of fear and ...more
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Healing Hearts is the second book in the Stealing Hearts serie by K. Evan Coles. Healing Hearts is the story of Zac and Aiden and I really liked their story.
Sherry
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Healing Hearts is a sweet story about an insecure man who has been burned in a relationship slowly opening himself up to the possibility of love.

Zac’s ex-husband cheated on him, and he can’t really see himself finding someone new. Zac is middle aged and struggles to keep in shape, and his life isn’t very exciting, especially since his job as a nurse takes up a lot of his time. When he gets to know Aiden, a young and handsome chef with a blossoming career, Zac doesn’t dare think that they could
Belinda Zamora
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zac is a nurse and he's just gone through a horrible divorce.
It's left him doubting himself and leery of relationships.
When he meets Aidan, a chef who owns a food truck, initially they become friends.
Zac just can't seem to shake off the feeling that he's not good enough for Aidan not to mention their age difference.
Things finally come to a boiling point and Zac outright rejects Aidan and they're both devastated.
Luckily for them both, they have good friends who help him see what a mistake he's
Coline Peterson
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
When a coworker offers to buy Zak lunch from an Italian food truck a love/hate relationship is born, love because the food is incredible, the chef is adorable and just my type, but hate because watching his weight is something his mother has always reninded him about to the point it's almost an obsession. After a horrible divorce and having to deal with his cheating ex and his nasty boyfriend, Adrian is a breath of fresh air but Zak can't help but wonder if he's setting himself up again for ...more
Myeshia Cole
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC an I really liked it. Zac is recovering from a heartbreak that he didn't see coming, and like any person who has been through what he has, Zac is guarded and wary of love. Aiden is absolutely nothing that he is looking for for several reasons, yet as the story goes on they form an attachment that is undeniable. When Zac is faced with the person who broke his heart, he pushes Aiden away and has to decide if he his brave enough to follow his heart or if he's gonna ...more
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

I love stories that feature older characters. Age Gap romances are also some of my favorite reads! I think I only read a couple of this author’s works, so still a new author for me.

Now for the story:

Zac is in his mid 40’s and recently divorced. It was pretty easy to fall for Zac. He’s such a good guy, and the theme of second chances really did hold my attention throughout the book.

Zac is healing after a broken heart, and the introduction of Aiden, a young and vibrant chef, into his world really
Randall
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Starting over at forty-five, or any age, is tough... Zac didn't see the end of his marriage coming, and two years later is still keeping his heart protected, immersed in his job and his preoccupation with his waistline. Then he meets younger chef Aiden, who awakens his heart and his taste buds, with his infectious smile and his delicious food. Should Zac jump into life and a relationship again, or is that just asking for trouble and hurt? ... I really enjoyed this story and its positive themes ...more
Devoted♥Reader
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let love in

This book made me crave Italian or maybe I just crave Aiden? Either way, I was so happy we got to say hi to old friends. Aiden has a wonderful sense of humor and such a big heart. He’s truly amazing and I adore him. Zac is a sweetheart but scared. While I understood his hesitations, it made me sad and frustrated that he allowed such a horrible person to get in his head. Good thing he has awesome friends who encourage him when needed and that Aiden is tenacious with a heart of gold. A
Lydia
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who doesnt love a nurse and a chef? Gosh knows I do!!! Aiden's food sounds so yummy I now want Italian. Even the salad sounded good!! Zac is wonderful too with his quirky ways. I loved the two guys. They were very gentle with each other and listened. I also love age gaps. Now I want a glass of wine and some truffles!
Don't read while hungry or do and be prepared!

Maria E.
This is the love story of Zac, an insecure middle-age man with an eating disorder, and Aiden a young chef who takes a liking to him. Zac's husband cheated on him and left him for another man, so he is full of insecurities and self-doubt. Aiden likes Zac and tries to bring him out of his shell but Zac fears getting his heart broken again. His lack of self-esteem almost destroys their budding relationship. Will they get their HEA, or will they lose their chance at happiness together?
Terri
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an often sweet, sometimes sad, story of learning to trust again. I loved Zac, though I sometimes wanted to shake him for his treatment of Aiden. Aiden was just about perfect - beautiful, kind, talented, and patient. He was exactly the kind of person Zac needed to help heal his hurting heart. I enjoyed this romantic story so much, and I will definitely read it again.
Elaine Gray
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Healing Hearts is a sweet, sexy, some angst, romantic and hot. Zac is an older nurse who doesn't realize how sexy he is until he encounters Aiden. Aiden is a hot, young, handsome nurse who owns his own business and is very attracted to Zac. Zac has hangups about his weight and doesn't realize how much Aiden wants to be with him until he breaks with him. The book deals with mistrust, self-doubt, and I love how K. Evan Coles allows you to see the vulnerability of both MCs. It's a great book.
Fernanda Parente
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Healing Hearts is a sweet story about starting over. I really enjoyed the romance between Zac, a 45 year male nurse and Aiden a 30 year old food truck chef.
If you're looking for a holiday romance with a relatively sweet story and hurt/comfort themes you should definitely give this one a try.

I was given an ARC for an honest review
Kellie
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zach is a nurse who's husband cheated on him and left him for another man. He meets Aiden who has a wonderful sense of humor and such a big heart. Aiden tries to bring Zac out of his shell but Zac fears getting his heart shatter again. In the end they both get their HEA. A wonderful story of new beginnings and taking chances. Definitely recommend!!!
Nat ReadingAllNite
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku-borrow, m-m

It’s a nice story, just a bit bland to me. The only POV is Zac and Aiden’s character didn’t come through strongly. Zac was very insecure but I could empathize with the reasons. A sad little breakup fortunately didn’t drag out. Not a fluffy Christmas story, most of the holiday details are in the background.
Heather Rawlins
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Healing Hearts. It was such a sweet Christmas story. I thought Aiden and Zac were so adorable. It was a perfect Christmas story, there was a lot of sweetness, yummy food, hot sex and adorable men. I definitely recommend this book.
Helena Stone
An adorable story with just the right blend of angst and light for this reader. Just make sure you're not hungry when you start Healing Hearts.
Pates
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aiden You will adore this book, I promise. ...more
AL
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet holiday story great for a leisure read! The author serves us a cute pair of guys, throws in some hurdles for good measure and packs it all in a nice package of holiday cheer. So cute!
Allison
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, holidays, ku
This was a little too angsty for me for a holiday story, but that might just be me. I also found the lifelong, borderline abuse by his mother was too easily resolved. But I did like them together, and all the food talk was wonderful.
Vicki
Jan 15, 2020
Sally
Dec 30, 2019
Justine
rated it did not like it
Dec 30, 2019
Ann
Jan 01, 2020
Kristina
Dec 18, 2019

• Snowstorms and Second Chances: A Williamsville Inn Christmas Story
  • Being Enough (Portland Piranhas #2)
  • His Favorite Player (Portland Piranhas #1)
  • How to Catch a Prince (Chester Falls Book 1)
  • Extra Time (Off the Pitch #2)
  • Caged In (Ace's Wild #12)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Socks for an Otter
  • The Christmas Deal
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • A Very Terry Christmas
  • The Island Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #4)
  • Bright Horizon (Pine Cove #4)
  • Healing Wounds (Sater's Creek #3)
  • Stockings and Sugarplums (Hearts of Snow Lake)
  • Your Wish (Kinley Island, #4)
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Mr. Right Now
K. Evan Coles is a mother and tech pirate by day and a writer by night. She is a dreamer who, with a little hard work and a lot of good coffee, coaxes words out of her head and onto paper.

K. lives in the northeast United States, where she complains bitterly about the winters, but truly loves the region and its diverse, tenacious and deceptively compassionate people. You’ll usually find K. nerding

Stealing Hearts (2 books)
  • Thief of Hearts (Stealing Hearts, #1)