Start by marking “The Brightest Night (Origin, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Brightest Night (Origin, #3)

The Brightest Night

(Origin #3)

Less than a year ago, Evelyn Dasher was a normal girl, living an unremarkable life.

Now, she's on the run, under the protection of the beautiful, deadly inhuman Luc. She's been betrayed by those who were closest to her. And she's learned truths about herself that she never saw coming--things she once knew, and was made to forget. Truths with devastating consequences. She's
Published October 20th 2020 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Brightest Night, please sign up.
Natasa ❤️ Cresswell Jennifer said that there's gonna be another book but she didn't mentioned being the last…moreJennifer said that there's gonna be another book but she didn't mentioned being the last(less)
Angela By The Bookcase No, it's 4 books! The YA trilogy spinoff the other person mentioned is the Harbinger spinoff, a spinoff of the Dark Elements series. Originally if was…moreNo, it's 4 books! The YA trilogy spinoff the other person mentioned is the Harbinger spinoff, a spinoff of the Dark Elements series. Originally if was going to be 5 books but now it's 4!(less)

Start your review of The Brightest Night (Origin, #3)
Angelica
Apr 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
I'm willing to forgive a lot. But mismatched book covers ain't among those things.

that said, I just realized this would be the third FOURTH book Jennifer L. Armentrout publishes in 2020 alone!! this woman is unbelievable and I love her!
megs_bookrack
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-read
Brace yourselves. This may get uncomfortable.

The Brightest Night is the third installment in Jennifer L. Armentrout's, Origin series.

Since this is the third book, some minor spoilers may lay ahead. I haven't hidden them, so proceed with caution.

First off, the rating for this book currently is off the charts, so please do not let the fact that I didn't enjoy it, sway you from picking it up.

I had so much fun with the first two books in this series, but this one felt completely different. I feel li
jessica
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
okay, so heres the thing. if i wasnt so obsessed with luc (anyone know where i can get my own?), i definitely would have given this 3 stars.

and thats because this book is 100% filler. which is not necessarily bad if you are already really invested in the characters, setting, writing, etc. of a story, which i am. but take a look at any other review and you will see this installment is super slow, lacking the action present in the first two books, and doesnt really add much to the series overall.
~Poppy~
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Even if you wake up and you don’t know who you are and you don’t know who I am, it’ll be okay. I’ll be here, and I’ll help you remember.” His lips brushed my forehead. “I’ve got enough love for you that I’m overflowing with it. It’ll be more than enough if you wake up and see me as a stranger.”
Luc’s next breath sounded as ragged as my heart felt.
“No matter how you come back to me, as Evie or as Nadia or someone else, I’ll still love you like I do now, like I did yesterday and the day be
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
I can’t wait for the next book!

The following ratings are out of 5:
Romance: ❤️💙💜💛🖤
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📕📗📘📔📙
World building: 🌎🌏🌍🌎🌎
Character development: 👤👤👤👤👤

The setting: Earth

The Hero: Luc – The “Origin” who did everything he could to save his girl. Luc is an awesome hero. He is arrogant, but funny, he wears silly t-shirts and makes stupid jokes. He likes Llama’s and hates Koala bears. He loves Evie more than anything in the world.

The heroine: Evie/Nadia – Evie is what is known as a Tro
Lia Carstairs
  Never.”
“Never come for me.”
Never look for me."
"If you do, I will take everything from you.”

Oh wow. Wowow. So that's what The Brightest Night is.👀
I—
I'm scared.😰

And I didn't even think it was possible to love Luc more than I already do but it is?!?!😭💖
“I love you, Evie. I fell in love with you within the first week I met you. I loved you before I even knew what that meant, and I loved you even when you were gone, and I loved you when you became someone else,” he said— pleaded, reall
Arini
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 out of 3, which equals . . .

4 Stars

That makes no sense, I know. Don’t @ me. 🤭 Somethin’ about Luc calling Evie peaches had me . . .

and . . .

😂😂

Luc the sexiest, funniest, most arrogant and charming (all of that but second to Daemon 🙈) alien/origin is in town! Boy, why is he verra verra irresistable? To the point where I’m considering naming my future children after him. And silly and hilarious when he’s being goofy. And hot and murderous and completely irrational but sweet and not creepy when
Phuong ✯
Dec 19, 2019 marked it as next-in-series
"No, you're the Burning Shadow and he's the Darkest Star, and together, you will bring about the brightest night."

Is this title a surprise? No, but I can't wait for Evie and Luc to f*ck shit up together!!!
♡ jules ♡
there must be a special place in hell for people who change the covers in the middle of a series.
booksneedcaffeinetoo
Being stared at by a bunch of legit aliens like I was the weird one to be wary of was quite unsettling.

Hmmmmmm....this is a tough review to write. Another reviewer already pointed out a lot of the things I was thinking when I finished this book: we lost much of the humor from the first two books and instead got a million and one I love you, Lucs. It was mildly disappointing.

”There is humor in everything.” His gaze caught mine. “If we forget that, we lose everything.”

🙄 if that’s the case
Jenn
I was slightly disappointed in this one and that makes me sad. I absolutely have been loving this series and have been waiting for this to come out but I found that it dragged in places and by the end, my excitement level was way down.

Now I'm not sure if I'm just crazy or not, but I thought that when I started to read this series, it was only going to be a trilogy. And honestly, it probably should have stayed that way. The pacing was way off in this book. Not a whole lot happened and it was mos
Klemibee
Aug 08, 2020 marked it as to-read

Hi fellow JLA fans! I'm still keeping fingers crossed we'll get official cover in OG style, but still I wanted to cheer all of you up, and made my own version! Please enjoy <3
IG for more fanart: Klemibee
Nadine
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
In true Armentrout fashion, The Brightest Night turns everything readers thought they knew about the world and characters on its head. Origin is a slow burn novel as Armentrout takes her time exploring Evie and Luc’s relationship as well Evie’s new powers and discovering her limits.

The Brightest Night reminded me how much I love this series and the world Armentrout has created. It’s original, exciting, and feels like coming home. Seeing all the characters from the previous novels is one of the
Roobie
⭐️2.5 stars⭐️

If you end up remembering more down the road, you go through what you need to go through. There is nothing wrong with feeling nothing. You feel what you need to feel, whether that's feeling nothing or everything.

Oh this book made me saaaad. I love JLA and I enjoyed the first two books but this one was so slow and (please forgive me) boring. I will read the last book, obviously, but other than the ending I feel like I could have skipped this one.
Mia
OMG! I think this is my fav book in the series so far? It was the perfect mix of light and heavy and that ending! As much as I love JLA I wish I had the strength to wait until she finishes her series because this waiting a year for every book is killing me!
Arceli
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE AND TITLE! HOW LONG TILL THE COVER AND RELEASE!
306 Days! :( The countdown begins.
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
We just all have a little bit of a monster inside of us. How could we not when we love someone like we do?

The Brightest Night was breathtakingly emotional and beautifully captivating. From that very first page, I was pulled right into their world and couldn't put this book down. Love, friendships, action, ghosts from the past, and scenes so emotional that tears poured down my face splashed across the pages. If you’re a fan of Jennifer L Armentrout, the Lux Series or Paranormal/Sci-Fi
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

Jennifer has done it again! I don't know how much more of this my poor little heart can take! This book had its rough spots but it was SO good. I can't even with that ending! Why do I love something that causes me so much pain?!

I'll be honest and say that the first 5 hours or so of this audio book almost had me DNFing. It was just way too reminiscent of the pandemic we are currently in the middle of and I want more fiction than reality in the books I read. I would have e
Izzie d
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy-etc, alien
Good idea of world building but I did find it rambling and drawn out and very boring and to be honest I ended up skimming.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
Cliffhanger ending.
I was incredibly irritated as I thought it was a trilogy, I am amazed an author releases a series but readers don't know how many books to the end.
I would have waited if I'd know this one too ends on a cliffhanger and it's a doozy.
Ashlee » Library In The Country
Every time I see this updated cover I feel like I’ve been transported back to 2008. It goes to show how out of touch the people who make decisions are with readers.
sarina ༺
May 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
What happened??? The first two covers were so beautiful and now this??? I am sad
Julia
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
*ARC for review*

I have a hard time writing this review since I don't wanna spoil anything.
But as always the witty writing, banter and emotions rope you into the book and story and you don't wanna stop reading.
I loved all the cameos in this book and it threw me right back into old Lux Series feels and it was more than amazing to see how they were all doing.

One thing I didn't like and reason why it took me quite long to finish this book (besides the formatting but that doesn't count since this cop
Yodamom
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, audio
Narration 5 stars
Favorite Author
I have to start at the end. ARGUH !!!! Yes, that was my final word. Yes, the ending was monstrous and left me gasping, sputtering and angry. I might have been a bit emotional. Don't judge, just wait til you read it, you’ll see.
The story was a rollercoaster ride, moments of climbing to something just out of reach then, shifting away squeeing around a ship turn, then an unexpected drop, to the slow steady climb again to the top, then on to drop off a cliff ! I reall
Davina Herondale
Sep 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
WHY would they change the covers when the first two were amazing?

also WHY is this one so ugly

Frustrated Strangle GIF
haniya
Apr 06, 2020 rated it liked it
i spent a good minute screaming to my heart's content the minute i finished this gosh darn book. my sister was sitting across from me, taking her zoom class as she watched me as if what i did was normal...which probably is, but i digress.

so...i want people to answer me truthfully. who put the curse on third books of a series? i'm not even joking rn - and trust me, i'm always joking, which means i'm prolly joking rn, too, but you didn't hear that from me, got it?

ugggh, this book was really slow
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.5/5

The brightest night is the third installment in the Origin series (a series in the same universe than the Lux series). As it’s usually the case with Jennifer’s book this one has been a fast-paced, exciting, passionate novel that leaves you heartbroken, shattered, out of breath and with a desire to read the next book that will drive you crazy. There is no “filler book” with her and while this one could be considered slower than the previous two installments this is still action packe
micolreads
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
We follow Luc, Evie and everyone else in another city, where they hide and struggle to find out more about Evie’s powers.

I was afraid that this book would be simple, the usual middle book, with no action, but thankfully I was wrong. There is action, love and friendship, and I can also affirm that this one is probably my favorite book in the trilogy. I could finally see more of Evie and Luc’s relationship, which I felt lacked a bit in the previous books.

One thing I almost hated, I literally kep
Ashley
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-oct
Star Rating: —> 4.5 Stars

Gahhhhh i hate huge cliffhangers like this!

Otherwise amazing & jaw droppingggg, as is usual with JLA. 🤍
Stacy Fetters
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
“I’ve waited for you forever, and the only thing that scares me—that terrifies me—is that something is going to take you from me, and I won’t be able to do a damn thing about it.”

JLA is back with her third installment in the Origin Series set in the Lux Universe. The Burning Shadow ended with a huge bombshell revelation that left us all shocked. Only the evil mistress known as JLA could end a book that way. We demanded answers and went kind of crazy waiting for them.

The Brightest Night picks up
Eleanor
Feb 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE THAT SHIPS JAMES AND GRAYSON

its really sad how much i love the idea of these especially because they've only had one scene in the FIRST BOOK butohmygod

just IMAGINE it would explain more about grayson's character and they would be the best enemies to lovers likeireallycant.

anyways i know it'll never happen
sigh.

im really excited for this book tho!!
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 7 19 Nov 21, 2020 12:34PM

• Regretting You
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)
  • Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)
  • The Wives
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • A Love Letter to Whiskey
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5, Part 1)
  • Romancing the Alpha (True Mates #3)
  • Tempted by the Wolf (True Mates, #6)
  • Loving Quinn (The Lone Wolf Defenders Book 2)
  • All for Connor (The Lone Wolf Defenders #3)
  • A Twist of Fate (True Mates Generations, #1)
  • Claiming the Alpha (True Mates Generations, #2)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

Origin (3 books)
  • The Darkest Star (Origin, #1)
  • The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)