Start by marking “The Endless Skies” as Want to Read:
The Endless Skies

The Endless Skies

"Fans of fantastical creatures and fast-paced adventures will fly through this." —Nicki Pau Preto, author of the Crown of Feathers trilogy .

High above the sea, floats the pristine city of the Heliana. Home to winged-lion shapeshifters―the Leonodai―and protected from the world of humans by an elite group of warriors, the Heliana has only known peace.

After years of brutal tr
Expected publication: August 17th 2021 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Endless Skies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Endless Skies

Start your review of The Endless Skies
jessica
Mar 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
this was fun! i always love a good standalone, so i am surprised that i think this could have been even better as a series.

i was enjoying myself so much that i just wanted more in general, but the story also has a lot of room for expansion. so another book could do wonders in terms of world-building, character development, and pacing.

the only 'problems' i had were due to a misleading synopsis, causing my pre-reading expectations to not align with the actual story. 'men' in the synopsis refers t
Shannon Price
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
4/18/21: New copy is live!! Thank you everyone for your patience. We really took the time to get the description right and I'm so happy with where it landed. A few other notes:
1. follow spricewrites@ on IG and Twitter for my pre-order campaign coming early June
2. CWs for THE ENDLESS SKIES are available on my site https://spricewrites.com/the-endless-.... Please share with others as needed! There are no explicit romance scenes in the book.
3. Again, I won't be on GR much because it's not for aut
Timitra
Jun 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed The Endless Skies quite a bit. There’s action, adventure, a splash of romance and so much more. I thought the world building was awesome. It was unique and intriguing. This was my first book by this author and I definitely recommend it. I’d read more of this author’s work.

Copy provided by publisher through Net Galley
Kalyn Josephson
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
RTC closer to release but THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD!!
Renaissance Kate
Feb 26, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc, 2021, fantasy-reads
ARC received! This sounds like it's going to be so good!

Thank you to Macmillan-Tor/Forge via Netgalley for providing me with an eARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.5 Stars

I love when a whole story fits into 1 book!!

Review to Come!
laur gluchie
Feb 23, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: netgalley
I have received a digital Advance Reader’s Copy of this book through NetGalley. This has not affected my rating in any way.
Brinley
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! It was a super refreshing read, and I almost wish it had been a bit longer.

I loved the magic system in this. It wasn't like anything I'd read before, which was super fun. I also really liked how it was explored throughout the book. There were never any info dumps, but our knowledge of the magic grew the entire time.

Now, I already know people are going to complain about the love triangle. I get it, I don't like them either. The one in this didn't bother me though. I
Erica (storybookend)
What a unique, fun adventure! Endless Skies is about people who can transform into flying lions, but when their children get sick with a human disease, a select group of warriors must brave the land of humans to find a cure.

The world building of the fantasy land was lush and vivid. I loved reading about an uncommon fantasy creature instead of the usual ones we see. The ease that the world and everything was executed made this a fast and fun read.

I do wish the human world had been described a lit
✨~Carden~✨
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, young-adult
If this is about a badass girl who has magical powers and goes on a tough journey which changes her life, I am all in. Can’t wait!
Ashley
Apr 21, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Alex | alexwithabook
From the lens of overall enjoyment, this book was a huge win for me. I have been in a reading slump and the fast-paced, high-action plot of this book was just what I wanted/needed to read. From a more critical lens, there were a few issues that I had with the world-building and character development.

I really loved the unique world of this story and the historical background that is woven in throughout giving insight into the different cultures of the various people groups. The premise of shapes
Book Adventures with Katie
Thank you to NetGalley and Tor Teen for this arc in exchange for an honest review.

The entire premise of the story is very interesting and is very promising. Everything about a group of people called Leonodai who can transform into creatures who can fly.

If you enjoy books with love triangles and a fast-paced mission with a lot of strategy and action, this book could be for you. Personally, I thought it felt really rushed and I didn’t feel very connected to the characters. Part of this could hav
Nolly
Mar 23, 2021 rated it liked it
I was kindly provided an ARC of this book by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

The cover is very attracting, and I enjoyed the book, but I didn't love it. The pacing is perfect.
I do believe that the story had a lot of potential but given that it is a standalone, it lacked some development that would have been a good to the story.
I actually think that having 3 pov in a short standalone is not beneficial. And except from Rowan's, they are useless and maybe prevent some
Samantha Hastings
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for fans of Sara Larson’s SISTERS OF SHADOW AND LIGHT.

This epic fantasy is told from multiple POVs in first person. A mysterious disease is killing the Leonodai children (magical shape-shifters). The humans have the cure but refuse to make a treaty. The warriors are sent to obtain the cure at all costs, but they don’t know the full story. Rowan, warrior-elect does and is willing to risk everything.

Excellent world-building, a love-triangle, and surprising twists make this fantasy a deli
Gabriella Crivilare
Thank you to Tor and NetGalley for providing this eARC in exchange for an honest review. This book will release August 17, 2021.

The history of the Leonodai is built on the names of lost warriors. I don’t want the next chapter to be built on the names of lost children.

I think The Endless Skies might end up being one of my favorite books I read this year, just on principle. What is that principle, you may ask? Nothing other than sharing a great deal in common with Balto, one of my favorite movies
Mette
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A captivating well-written story about duty and doing the right thing. With lots of action and compelling characters, this book brings the readers on a refreshing adventure. The story is set in Heliana the home of the Leonodai who can transform into winged lions.

We follow three characters through the story
Rowan who is about to finish her time as a warrior erect and become a warrior of Heliana. She's fearless, compassionate, and a bit reckless, she has trained all her life to be a fighter and doe
RMA YA Books
Mar 19, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: rma-ya-books
WOULD I RE-READ: No, but I didn’t have any problems finishing it.

PACING: What I would expect for a stand-alone fantasy.

NUMBER OF TIMES I CRIED: Teared up once.

FAVORITE LINE: “I wonder if he knew how cruel it’d be to put us under the open skies we can’t fly home to.”

FAVORITE CHARACTER: Rowan

STAND-OUT QUALITY: The world-building was done in a way that made me care about the Leonodai and their beautiful home, the Heliana. I understood the lengths Rowan and the other characters went to defend it. Th
Melanie | pagesandtealeavess
Rowan, warrior-elect, is disappointed when she is not sent out with other warriors to find a very rare flower that could cure a spreading illness affecting children in her Kingdom. When it is discovered that children are being affected at a rate faster than initially believed, Rowan deserts her post to inform the warriors and help search for the cure.

From the description of the book provided on NetGalley, I thought the story was only about one individual, Rowan. I was kind of surprised the stor
Lynnzie (lynnziebooks)
Thank you NetGalley and Tor Teen for providing a free digital ARC for an honest review.

The second I saw this cover, I knew I wanted to read this book. The synopsis intrigued me and I was excited to delve into this story and learn about this world. Rowan seemed like a character I could love and relate to. I think this is a decent book, but may not have been for me. I can see other readers liking this one though.

I usually like multiple perspectives in books but I didn't really see the point of the
Yolanda
May 06, 2021 marked it as to-read
*Review will be posted on my blog on 7/26/21
Likes:
*World Building ~ I found this kingdom of winged-lion shapeshifters quite unique. The Leonodai and humans are enemies but now the shapeshifters need their help but there is no help to be found. A group of warriors venture to the human side to find the cure for an illness affecting the young Leonodai.

*Characters ~ this is Rowan’s story. We have 3 POV’s between Rowan, Callen and Shirene but it really was mostly told through Rowan. I liked Rowan, sh
Rain Reads
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, arc
I enjoyed reading this book! The storyline is unique and the characters are adorable. I love the shapeshifting abilities of the characters, the vivid action-packed scenes, and the surprising plot twist on the last third of the book. The first few chapters are for character introductions and story setting. The world-building was very compelling with a splendid description of a floating city, the Heliana, their traditions, and festivities, and the other kingdoms of Vyrinterra and its people. The s ...more
Libby
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was ok
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

The Endless Skies follows three characters: Shirene, a sentinel/protector of the king, her sister Rowan, who's training to be a warrior, and Callen, a warrior. They are all Leonodai, which is a race of warriors that can shift between a magical flying lion form and their human form. When a disaster strikes the Leonodai children, Rowan and Callen set off on a journey to save the city and their people.

Though
Elle
Jun 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
Thank you Netgalley and Tor Teen for providing me with an e-arc in exchange for an honest review.

This book is an adventure filled stand-alone but I almost felt that it could have been 2 books. I did really loved the world building it was unique and the concept of Leodonai warriors was wonderful. I normally don’t care for love triangles but this book included one that wasn’t done horribly. It was drawn out and it never felt that it was there just to add drama and further the plot. The main plot
Jackie
Mar 01, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021-reads, fantasy, arcs
If you take out the magic system the book itself is a solid one off story.

“The Endless Skies” finds the city suffering a plague that is only affecting the children and when a team of warriors sets out to find the cure they must face off against the humans ho have long forgotten their dream of peace.

Let’s begin with what didn’t work for me with that mainly being the magic system. I had no idea what they were supposed to be magic wise and based on the early parts of the novel I’m not quite sure
A.J.
Jun 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
You remember in the recent Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe movie they’re launching into the final battle against the White Witch, and the Gryphon does this epic screech and backflips/soars down onto the battlefield in a pretty fantastic piece of camera work and CGI?

That’s this book.

When a deadly disease strikes the Leonodai’s children, the shapeshifter lion warriors embark into enemy territory on a quest for a healing flower to save their young prince.

Skies is a refreshingly unique quest to
Ashley Dang
Jun 15, 2021 rated it it was ok
A deadly disease is on the loose and killing children... and its up to Rowan and her friends/love interests to figure it out. The story revolves around a world where there are humans and shapeshifting warriors. Rowan lives in the city of Heliana, a place above the sea where winged-lion shapefshifters protect their kind from humans. Rowan has trained for years to become a warrior but on the day before her training is complete her best friend and the boy she is crushing on are both sent off to fig ...more
Kristen Lucero
Feb 26, 2021 rated it liked it
This was a book I wanted to love due to the beautiful cover, but it just didn't measure up for me. The story wasn't horrible, especially in the second half, but it also wasn't a book that had me dying to keep reading.

I did love Rowan and how strong of a heroine she was, but for one of the first times ever I didn't find myself excited about and loving the romance in this story, and this is coming from someone who usually loves a good love triangle.

I also didn't see the need to read any chapters
Ren
Apr 18, 2021 rated it liked it
Overall, I enjoyed this book. I really enjoyed the concepts and the world building. It was simple enough to follow, but unique enough to be interesting. The stakes also felt high. A deadly sickness that only targets only children really set the tone of urgency and desperation. I truly believed the races future depended on our cast of main characters.
At some points I found the 3 point of views a little unnecessary. A few chapters we're only a few pages long before flicking back to another charact
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could visit Heliana ! What a beautiful world the author has created. I had no idea what this book was going to be like, I certainly didn’t expect shape shifting warriors! But in all my naivety, I am really happy to say I was sucked in by a gorgeous book cover.

Rowan is a powerful, female, warrior and she has been training for years to become a warrior. When disaster strikes the city, in the form of a disease attacking the children, Heliana begins to fall. It’s up to Rowan and the Leonod

• You've Reached Sam
  • The Stolen Kingdom
  • She Wouldn't Change a Thing
  • 14 Ways to Die
  • Bright Ruined Things
  • Max and the Spice Thieves
  • Go the Distance
  • Where It All Lands
  • Black Sun (Between Earth and Sky, #1)
  • The Ivies
  • Too Good to Be Real
  • Within These Wicked Walls
  • So We Meet Again
  • Ace of Spades
  • The Dating Dare (A Sweet Mess, #2)
  • The House Swap
  • The Forgotten Memories of Vera Glass
  • Beasts of a Little Land
SHANNON PRICE believes in good bread, good wine, and good books. She lives in California where she dreams of one day living in a house by the sea.

News & Interviews