Start by marking “Smalltown Boy (Soho Noir, #6)” as Want to Read:
Smalltown Boy (Soho Noir, #6)

Smalltown Boy

(Soho Noir #6)

A CHRISTMAS PARTY WITH MURDER ON THE MENU
It’s Christmas Eve, 1988 and Russell and Joe are among the guests at a lavish party in a celebrity mansion in the heart of Soho.

Television presenter and national treasure, Nathan Bentley has a formidable reputation for legendary parties—with wall-to-wall celebrities, drink flowing, drugs, dancing, ill-tempered Cordon-Bleu chefs
Published December 12th 2019 by Red Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about Smalltown Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smalltown Boy

Start your review of Smalltown Boy (Soho Noir, #6)
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
I am starting this review by saying I did not want to read this book nor did I want to write this review. To do so is to accept that the series has (temporarily) finished, and this is something I do not want to accept but hey ho here we are!

However, I can tell you I loved being back with the guys again, letting loose at a Christmas party they don’t want to be at and then bam we have a dead body.

When reading this all I kept thinking of the scandal that happened with Michael Barrymore over the
Lel Budge
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the final episode in the Soho Noir series by T.S. Hunter, oh and what a finale!

It’s Christmas, Joe and Russell have been invited to the flamboyant TV personality’s party. Reluctantly they go, taking their respective partners, Mike and Freddy along but then a body is found and the adventure begins.

With a fabulous cast of characters including my favourite, Patty, there’s much mayhem and drama as ever. Then the reprehensible Skinner arrives…..will he finally get his comeuppance?

While this
Dave Hart
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this finale to the most wonderful series of short crime stories set in the 80s. Mr Hunter is a gifted and underrated writer.
Alex  Jones
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Featuring Joe Stone and ex cop, Russell Dixon, this final part of this entrancing series by TS Hunter is another absolute Gem

Xmas eve and the guys have been invited to a party being hosted by celebrity tv presenter Nathan Bentley.

These parties are wild affairs, full of celebs and characters, drugs and sex and alcohol.

When a body turns up in the courtyard of the property, Joe and Russell set about finding out if it was an accident or something more sinister.

With plenty of suspects to point the
Sharon Cox
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This historical detective series is set in Soho, London in the 1980s. The main character is Joe who becomes involved in various murders and is forced to deal with an homophobic police officer while trying to solve the crimes. He does this with a group of supportive friends, one of whom is a former police officer who was forced out when his sexuality was revealed.
The books are well written and a pleasure to read. The emphasis is on the crime and there is little romance involved in the stories,
sarah

Jan 07, 2020
rated it did not like it
Jan 16, 2020

• Three Hours
  • A Wash of Black (DI Erika Piper Book 1)
  • Stay Mad, Sweetheart
  • A Dark Matter
  • No Way Out (DI Adam Fawley, #3)
  • Her Name Was Rose
  • In the Dark (DI Adam Fawley, #2)
  • Apartment Six
  • Frances Kray - The Tragic Bride: The True Story of Reggie Kray's First Wife
  • The Guesthouse
  • The Memory Wood
  • Firewatching
  • A Christmas Crime: a festive mystery short story
  • Loose Ends (Badlands #3)
  • I Am Dust
  • Beast (Six Stories, #4)
  • The Other You
  • Alice Teale is Missing: The gripping thriller packed with twists
Claiming to be at least half-Welsh, T.S. Hunter lived in South Wales for much of his latter teens, moving to London as soon as confidence and finances allowed. He never looked back.

He has variously been a teacher, a cocktail waiter, a podium dancer and a removal man, but his passion for writing has been the only constant.

He's a confident and engaging speaker and guest, who is as passionate

Soho Noir (6 books)
  • Tainted Love (Soho Noir, #1)
  • Who's That Girl? (Soho Noir, #2)
  • Careless Whisper (Soho Noir, #3)
  • Crazy For You (Soho Noir, #4)
  • Killer Queen (Soho Noir, #5)