Start by marking “Lady Lavender (A Regency Love novel)” as Want to Read:
Lady Lavender (A Regency Love novel)

Lady Lavender (A Regency Love novel)

Eleanor ‘Ellie’ Ashcroft is rather nervous about holding a private exhibition of her paintings – nerves that are little helped by outspoken and opinionated Aubrey Charles Beaumont, the 7th Viscount Sutton. Yet Ellie refuses to be intimidated, surprising both herself and Lord Sutton.

Soon, they learn of another commonality: Ellie’s brother Richard and Lord Sutton’s closest f
Published December 16th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Lady Lavender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Lavender

Start your review of Lady Lavender (A Regency Love novel)
Samantha Lin
Dec 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I want to share my favourite things about writing this book! There are oodles and oodles of major spoilers ahead, so you might want to finish reading the novel before reading on!

Spoilers ahead!

They’re still ahead!

Seriously ahead!

(view spoiler)
Maria
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who enjoyed Cat Sebastian's Unmasked by the Marquess
Sutton knew the secret to happiness lay in maintaining genuine relationships, and that one could never anticipate where these relationships might start.

It's these words in one of the earlier chapters of Lady Lavender that quite nicely sums up the story: neither Sutton, nor Ellie, nor indeed the secondary couple that connects later in the novel, could have predicted that their stories would intertwine.

On first glance, Sutton - a Viscount with his own lands to control and guide - and Ellie -
Hazuki
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was excited to read this when it came out! I wasn't disappointed at all! It was like playing the game all over again~

It was interesting to see the heroine of the game be so spirited in the novel because I played her more subdued in the game. I didn't mind it much because someone needs to make up for Richard's absence.

I really enjoyed seeing the friendship between Ellie and Harriet so much. I felt like we barely saw Harriet in the original game so I was delighted that we got to see more of her
Shannon
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am very fond of Regency romances but Lady Lavender has a special place in my heart. I have been a fan of Regency Love for years and getting to visit Darlington again was such a treat! It felt like meeting old friends and making new ones. The tone of the novel itself is gentle and graceful, a delightful and relaxing read. I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about Regency Era social mores and sartorial options. I don’t wish to spoil anything, but there were times I was truly apprehensive for cert ...more
Cassandra Lee Young
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Excellent Addition

Wow. Just wow. I loved this story so much, I could hardly put it down! The familiar characters from the game were all there as wonderful as I remembered them. The journeys that Ellie and Aubrey took were lovely, and what added to the strength of their individuality was the fact that these journeys weren’t undergone for one another. They changed, adapted, and grew for themselves, and in doing so managed to find their ways to one another.

There were some tears on my part (I won
Bethany
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm absolutely delighted to have finished my 2019 reading goal, and what a lovely little book that made me get there!
I've been following Tea for Three for quite a while now, ever since my friend introduced me to Regency Love two years ago. Clearly, following tea for three on all social media accounts in the hopes they would release new material paid off! I followed all the developments and backed the kickstarter, and even with all that excitement and buildup, Lady Lavender was far from a disappo
Kylie
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was more than a little worried coming into reading this book, I was afraid it would spoil my own takes on the wonderful characters from RegencyLove the game. I have played and replayed that game so many times over the years I have had it, trying to get all the possible outcomes for my characters. Well, I needn’t have worried, this novel is familiar but fresh in its treatment of the characters, Ellie is so well thought out, Lord Sutton is so much more human and relatable. I was in tears, I was ...more
Rosie Crossley
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ive already left a review on fb but here is my review to the lovely team :
Lady lavender is a tie up novel to their app regency love available on ios apple store unfortunately its not available to android users. The novel was brilliant from start to finish there is heartbreak involved for one character and another character tries to resolve their self esteem issues which many, including myself can relate to in many ways. The novel is set during the napoleonic wars era and it gives fresh insight i
Anna
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read.
I cannot begin to express how long I have waited for the release of Lady Lavender. As someone who has long loved Pride and Prejudice or anything from that time period, this book captivated all my attention. I didn’t want to stop reading and it took me a little under a day to read it all.
For anyone looking for a smutty or whatever modern love story, this is not for you. This love story is more focused on the building of a true love between two lonely souls.
It has a happy end
Dawn Kaye
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was squealing and freaking out when I was reading this!!! I love the RegencyLove game and this book was a perfect continuation for the game and for a character that everyone wanted to romance. Samantha did an amazing job with the book and I loved it!!! If you love regency era books and romance then this is the perfect book for you!!!
Tori
This lovely book is the equivalent to a sun-dappled afternoon with a cup of tea -- light and pleasant to read.

I've been a fan of Tea for Three ever since a friend introduced me to the Regency Love game, and this novel is a charming expansion of that universe.
Caroline
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book and then I hugged it and stared at the ceiling for a full ten minutes. 5 out of 5 stars
Layla
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I never write reviews, but I'm writing this one with watering eyes. My expectations were already high, having been an enthusiast of the Regency Love game's beautiful writing (countless replays that I'm probably going to add to again now) - this did not disappoint at all. In fact, I find myself sitting here thinking how wonderful it would be if all characters I've come to adore in the Darlington realm could have their own full length novels (yes, even Mr Digby, I mean it!). I already loved the As ...more
Shana
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was everything I expected, and more that I didn’t know I wanted.

Please note that this book is a spin-off of Regency Love, a romance sim on iOS. It might be readable without knowledge of the game, but playing the game (if possible) adds so many layers.

In Marcus’s path in Regency Love, Ellie was just beginning to come into her own at the end of the game. It was enchanting to see her grow further, developing her art and her own inner strength beyond the shy, reserved girl she spent most o
Vanessa Crispin
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HOW CAN ANYONE HATE THIS BOOK?

Seriously, who are these fools?

This book embodies everything you love about the game and then some. If you expect a book that is 110% painstakingly accurate in regards to the regency period, look elsewhere - but those familiar with the game and are fans of it will see that the same charm and effort has been concentrated here.

I read it all in one sitting and was so caught up in it that three whole hours passed and I didn't notice.

All of the characters are written w
Wendy Lin
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The end of this story had me grinning with glee. This is a product of creative labour that allows accessibility to a time which shapes our own. If you have not yet played through Regency Love, I urge you to do so for a deeper understanding of the characters so meticulously crafted in an interactive and visually stunning manner.

I believe a truly creative piece inspires others to create, and have found myself seated in my house with a newly assembled easel. This is a polished novel that is well t
Alex Carr
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! The pace is as gentle as the characters and it really takes you back to the regency era in which the book is set.
The descriptions of the beautiful places in which the characters live as well as the way that they are able to live in such luxury is so nice to read on a rainy day and it makes you wish that you could be them.
The story is one of self discovery and love that is very elegantly told.
Lucy Roberts
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I get sad every time one of my replays of Regency Love ends, so I was ENTHRALLED to have more time with these characters. They are so well-developed, and the world they live in is charming and inviting. This novel is perfect for anyone who loves Jane Austen and the Regency era. The story between the two protagonists felt natural and was a joy to experience, and the setting was perfectly executed.
Christine Cook
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book!! I have been waiting for it’s release for so long (after playing Regency Love for several years now) and the wait was worth it!! I want more! 😆
Nana
Jul 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Lady Lavender is a very entertaining and charming novel that expanses the universe I was so thrilled to discover when playing the Regency Love game a few days ago. I was actually very surprised by the quality of the dialogues in the game, and was very happy to find that the book was as well-written. I highly recommend both to Jane Austen and regency era fans, the former even more as it is so unexpected to read a very well-written and entertaining story while playing on your phone :) Congratulati ...more
RabbitRodney
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Much like the Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice, this is a slow romance that builds slowly over
months and multiple visits. A lovely, comforting and cozy Regency.
Kristen Ingram
Dec 27, 2019

• Dragon Age: Tevinter Nights
  • The Queen's Gambit
  • Convenience Store Woman
  • Well Played (Well Met, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Sheet Music for Flute with C.D
  • The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • The Switch
  • The Wicked Boy: The Mystery of a Victorian Child Murderer
  • How the Dukes Stole Christmas
  • Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Divergent Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • My Friend Anna: The True Story of a Fake Heiress
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel
  • The Other Half of Augusta Hope
  • Catching Fire: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
Samantha Lin is the lead writer of Regency Love, a Regency RPG on iOS. She also wrote its spin-off novel, Lady Lavender.

She lives in Sydney, Australia.