Start by marking “Shadow of Angels (Halfway Between #1)” as Want to Read:
Shadow of Angels (Halfway Between #1)

Shadow of Angels

(Halfway Between #1)

The first time I died was November 1st, 1945. That might’ve been the first time, but it certainly wasn’t the last.

My name is Veil, and my life has been far from normal. Everything I thought I knew about myself had been a lie. Every single thing. Turns out, I had been in the care of a cult dedicated to a King in Hell and fallen archangel.

But after learning the truth of who—
Published January 7th 2010 by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of Angels

Start your review of Shadow of Angels (Halfway Between #1)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Shadow of Angels Banner

So this was a super imaginative start to a whole new series.
A new take on the whole Angels and demons scenario that was well written and I enjoyed a lot.
This one does start out slow with plenty of secrets and mysterious origins but when it gets up and running it's action-packed throughout.
So the main character here isVeil and she is something else literally, she really is one of a kind with some very strange origins and abilities.
She's joined by her trusty bestie and sidekick Richard who is the
Tales Of A Bookbug
One of my favorite authors, that I discovered in 2019, is back with a new series and I couldn't be happier! I loved Kathryn Ann Kingsley's The Masks of Under series and I was super excited to hear that she was working on something new!

Shadow of Angels was a great start to an amazing, new urban fantasy series!
It is set in Boston, and features a kick-ass protagonist who fights demons and cults, and also has the ability to die and come back!

Veil is quite a mysterious character in the beginning and
Kathy *** Wandering Worlds
Let me start off by saying how much I have been looking forward to this series. I found Kathryn Ann Kingsley last year and DEVOURED her Masks of Under series (which was awesome and you should check it out if you have not yet BTW). As a reader, you find authors and stories you just click with and that's how I felt about reading books written by Kat. So, naturally, when she announced her new series Halfway Between - I was excited to read something new from her. This book lived up to the hype and ...more
Heather Gilbert
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Luscious

After reading her previous series, which starts with the King of Flames (I think the series is called Kingdom of Under?) I fell in LOVE with this author! She has a way of twisting a phrase and whispering a word that quite literally sends shivers over the reader’s soul. It’s softly seductive and creeping in its darkness... and there is some dark in these pages. A woman with deep secrets and a trapped demon who knows the depths of her lies... is the beginning of what promises to be yet
Tiffany Roberts
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raise your hands if you love villain romance! **Thrusts her hand in the air.** Kathryn is back with a new series! Shadow of Angels was a great beginning, and I can’t wait to read more. We’re introduced to a bunch of characters throughout the book, but not in a way that you feel overwhelmed, and I loved them all, especially the imp, Maleon (aka, Melon, lol). He is a wonderful comic relief, though honestly, many of the characters bring some comedy to the ‘page’.

“Dog noses are so sensitive. And
Tina Marie Girard
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hmmmm

Give this book a chapter or two before you decide. The beginning was a bit too much like a typical "wacky, snarky chick monster hunter" story, so I'm glad I hung in there until it took a shift to new territory. I will definitely buy the next one, even though I very much dread that she'll forgive her "ex" after many angry tirades, sacrificial acts on his part, pressure from her "dad" et al. You don't grow a partner like a mushroom and all is forgiven because the sex is good.
Alexandra G.
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, loved-it
4 stars

First. That cover. Amazing.

Second. It was so nice to read a story where the main character can have male friends without all of them being in love with her.

The rest now. The author clearly set the story for future books. The problems are just beginning and I can't wait to read more about this world she created. There are lots of details so you really need to pay attention but I find myself just as intrigued with this book as I was with the author's other series.

The main character.
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I absolutely devoured Masks of Under series and I thought there is no way this author can top that series, but she did!! All of her characters in the story are well developed and the storyline is intriguing. We are introduced to a whole lot of characters in this first story but IMO it doesn’t feel overwhelming. Veil is a heroine that everyone wants to be and know. She is bada$$, full of secrets and has a fantastic sense of humor. She surrounds herself with different people with amazing
Emily Coleman
After devouring and absolutely loving Kathryn's Under Series I was sooo excited for this to come out and it definitely made its mark. I loved it.

I loved Melon he was the cutest little bean ever - Kathryn always makes the best sidekicks. Veil was kickass and I loved her; some of the things she said made me laugh out loud. Alistair/Asmodeus - be still my beating heart. I need more of him and her together immediately. That sex scene - I had to open my window for air afterwards. Thank you Kathryn
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The brilliant Kathryn Ann Kingsley has gone & done it again, and I, for one, am here for it. I've missed her next level imagination since the Masks of Under series, and there's just something about her tortured soul heroes that seriously get to me. They aren't always the nicest, especially at first, but the ride to peal them back layer by layer is so fun, though the wait could be over the top frustrating because I'm so far hooked that it's not even funny. But yes, let's talk a bit about ...more
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I put off reading this more than I should have. Why? Because I didn't know what to expect. I absolutely loved the Masks Of Under series, so I should have been ready to devour the start of her new one. I hate myself for waiting I should have known Kathryn Ann Kingsley knew what she was doing and went into this new series with glee. I won't make the same mistake.

Shadow Of Angels starts off with a bang and doesn't let up. We are slowly introduced to Veil and the many years she's lived. Veil is a
Tammy Krause
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another winner.

I clicked to read as soon as I saw that this book was available. Normally I will read the sample first even if I like the author, but I didn't bother this time. I was correct in my assumption that Ms. Kingsley would live up to the level of awesomeness I have come to expect in her work.
Oddly enough, it's how unpredictable and unique I find her books that I dive in head first. The plots are refreshing and the supporting characters more realistic while also breaking out of the
Lise
Oh my my my

Oh my ,I've been waiting for this book to come out and I was not disappointed that's for sure. I love the storyline and awesome characters. Veil was so very likeable, she hasn't had it easy but she doesn't let it keep her down and her sense of humour rocks ^^. I especially loved the banter between her and her friends. Then of course there's the especially hot Asmodeus!

His features were flawless—chiseled but dangerous. There was something brutal and raw about him, even as he stood in
Anna McMurtry
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After reading and loving her Masks of Under series I was so excited for her new series. And Kat didn't let me down. This first book captivated me from the beginning, I had a hard time putting it down. I love Veil. She's sassy and a badass. And I can't help but to love Asmodeus. I love a good villain romance. I look forward to the rest of the series!
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Veil and Alister, what else can I say other than wow I did not think I would like another series from this author after the last one but she totally proved me wrong. All the different people who we meet in this book has me itching for the next book can not wait!!!
Mara Crackel
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome dark humor and storytelling

Loved the dark humor around the MC’s inability to die and the priest’s banter. The side kick was adorably disgusting, the characters are relatable, and the monsters are artfully grotesque! Can’t wait for books 2 and 3 to finish the story!
Tauralay
Another stunner

Got into KAK via her wonderful Masks of Under series. Have been eagerly awaiting the next release and happy to say she lives up to my expectations with this one! Such a teasing introduction to the new storyline. Alistair = yowza!
Paige Orr
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book had me on the edge of my seat
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Jan 06, 2020 is currently reading it
I had no idea KAK was releasing a new book until literally 2 Days ago. I put it on pre-order of course
Karen McNl
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing. I can't wait for the next book and thank god we don't have long to wait on it.
Kathryn Ann Kinsley is just the best at storytelling. I've read all her books and I've loved everyone of them..
A Klue
Rating: 2.5 stars

This author’s “The Masks of Under” series swept me off my feet with its unusual, complex, large cast of characters and unfolding, captivating plot. So needless to say, I was thrilled to see she has started a whole new completely different series. Seriously, my book loving friends, even if you don’t usually swim in paranormal romance literary waters, I still advise you to jump right in head and heart first with book 1, King of Flames: The Masks of Under...and just keep swimming.
Joyffree
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-trb, pre-ordered
"There is nothing worse in this world than to reap the cost of half-truths and see them in the eyes of those who look back at us in betrayal and hate." - Alistair

Holy schnikeys!! The ending!
Brother - Toy - Plot twists aplenty!

Kingsley was a bit sneaky in my opinion with how she started this series.
Oh, she starts us out with a bang - action and adventure, bloodshed, morbid comedy, mayhem, lots of mayhem.
But it always felt incomplete (? )
As though despite all the events transpiring something was
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romaine
There is mayhem in the city of Boston. Body parts are turning up left and right.

Veil, a cult hunter, is desperately trying to find the monsters of the cult before they find their next victim. When a new monster appears she's unable to kill it, therefore, she must ask for help from the Order.

Melon is adorable! Makes you want one! (sorta)

Gabe and Conrad are priests from the Order. The banter between these two is hilarious! They have come to help Veil with the new monsters. She has secrets that she
Safety Lady
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow interesting

This is such a twist on everything I ever learned growing up in a Catholic family. Really interesting book with a few twists that I never saw coming. If you are looking for a paranormal that is just plain different this might fit the bill. Really good writing and a story line that I can see spanning several books. A cliff hanger in end is the reason for the 4 star and I have a few weeks until the next book. Happy reading!
Marit
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Unlike the first two books of The Masks of Under, this book failed to blow me away. Asmodeus didn't at all live up to my expectations, and kind of disappointed me. However, the author did really spin an original tale, even though it wasn't exactly my cup of tea. Veil was a cool character. Priests didn't do it for me. Richard's relationship with Veil neither. Will try the next series though.
Cici
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I had a hard time with this book to be honest. I really enjoy the authors writing and I love the worlds she creates but the flow of this book felt off. I’m more excited for the next book to be honest since the love interest will be more involved (I’m assuming)
Romaine Heart
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
RH*See full review of Beyond the Covers blog here on Goodreads and check us out on Facebook
Krystin Garcia
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An amazing start a new series! Can’t wait until
The next one comes out next month.
Christina Dalton
Jan 11, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Blood Trial: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #1)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • A Wolvenk Holiday (A Women of Dor Nye Novella)
  • So, That Got Weird (So Far, So Good, #1)
  • Contaminated: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Frozen Sector
  • Sick Remedies (Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths 2)
  • Eternal Nightmare
  • Vampire Debt: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #2)
  • Charmed, I'm Sure (The Devil You Know Book 2)
  • Treacherous
  • Distract Me (Stupid Awesome Love, #6)
  • Ring Ready (Hotline Hookup, #2)
  • Fallen Rebel (When Watchers Fall, #1)
  • Contagion
  • The Complete Package (The Holiday Package and The Sweetest Package) Box Set
  • Unverified: A Novel
Kat has always been a storyteller.

With ten years in script-writing for performances on both the stage and for tourism, she has always been writing in one form or another. When she isn’t penning down fiction, she works as Creative Director for a company that designs and builds large-scale interactive adventure games. There, she is the lead concept designer, handling everything from game and set

Halfway Between (2 books)
  • Blood of Angels (Halfway Between #2)