Start by marking “Blossom in Winter (Blossom in Winter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blossom in Winter (Blossom in Winter, #1)

Blossom in Winter

(Blossom in Winter #1)

Petra, a seventeen-year-old Dutch-American and the only heir of finance tycoon Roy Van Gatt, has always had her life rigorously planned and supervised by her strict father. From her internship at his hedge fund firm on Wall Street to her degree in economics at Columbia University, Petra is all set for a bright future in finance.

But everything falls apart when she develops
Paperback, 1st Edition, 528 pages
Published January 22nd 2020 by Melanie Martins, LLC (first published October 28th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Blossom in Winter, please sign up.
Sydney Very little of it. If you are used to erotica or BDSM, you will find this one to be very light on the BDSM side. If you are not used to it, it will…moreVery little of it. If you are used to erotica or BDSM, you will find this one to be very light on the BDSM side. If you are not used to it, it will feel very different than any other contemporary romance because it's closer to Fifty Shades, but there is no contract, no bondage, no playroom, or anything official. The h/H don't even talk about it. You need to read the book to understand why. It's very different from FSoG. (less)
Melanie Martins Hi Kirsty, yes you are correct, this is one of the reasons. Flowers normally blossom in spring, but Petra and Alexander have what we call a…moreHi Kirsty, yes you are correct, this is one of the reasons. Flowers normally blossom in spring, but Petra and Alexander have what we call a "May-December" relationship which is when there is a age-gap involved. If you take close attention to the timeline of the story, Chapter 1 starts in May and the relationship "blossoms" in December. Hope this helps! Xx(less)

Start your review of Blossom in Winter (Blossom in Winter, #1)
Melanie Martins
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is it. I can’t believe I’m embarking on this crazy adventure of becoming an author. When I was a teen, I used to be that girl with glasses hidden in the library of my high school reading forbidden love stories, full of twists and turns, and aspiring one day to become the author to one of them.

But as life goes on, I left those dreams behind and my “inner-authoress” asleep.

Well, today, I finally completed my Goodreads Author profile (thank you Hugo and Mery to become my first followers) and
Courtney Jones
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who are open minded and enjoy dark and twisted stories
Recommended to Courtney by: Aisha Swallen
“You are curious. Very curious. I love it. Never stop being curious, Ms. Van Gatt. Curiosity is what makes life exciting.”

Ohhhh this was good. Thank You Aisha!!
First and foremost, let me explain you my feelings...

I cannot understand how someone cannot enjoy this book. Petra is so strong and smart. This book has got everything: strong heroine, pure love, cute romance (hello! They go to Rome and Brazil!), and dark and twisted erotica.

This book doesn't follow a typical age-gap romance formula which
Aisha Swallen
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: forbidden-loves; age-gap; slow burn; erotic romance; must-reads; Alpha Males
This book is in a class by itself: erotic, dark, twisted, forbidden, wrong, you name it. And I love it!

UPDATE: I paid 7,99 for my ebook copy. But I received a first version of this book back in September 2019.

I created a Goodreads profile just because of this book. See, I like to read, but I’m not much into writing reviews. I like dark romances so when the publisher was giving this ebook to members of our club, I, of course, accepted. And let me tell you… Oh boy. I couldn’t put it down. My
Emma Smith
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Did someone say a dark and intense forbidden story between a young heiress and her godfather?

Let me be clear: I read nearly every single review, from 5 to 1 stars here. And when I realized that the main complaint was the dark erotica and how the relationship was too intense, my decision was quickly made.

I clicked. I read. And now I'm a fool because I need book 2 in my life and I don't have it.

But back to the review:

No-Insta Lust/sex - check
Real feelings and affection between H/h - check
Payton
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blossom in Winter by Melanie Martins is a beautifully wrought and expertly woven story of forbidden love, desire, dark pasts, and the lengths one will go to protect everything that matters most to them. This romantic thriller deals with the incredible satisfaction and happiness that comes with falling in love and the consequences of forbidden relationships. The story is fast-paced, engaging, and heart-wrenching from start to finish. The characters are all so unique and compelling and they really ...more
Obsidian McNight
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even have words, got to be one of the most intense books I’ve read in a while.. just wow. I can not wait for book 2!

Like a damn roller coaster, filled with so many twists and turns you’ll be glued to the pages till it’s over
Sofia Beeley
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romantic thrillers enthusiasts,romantic folks, etc.
Recommended to Sofia by: Aisha Swallen
“I think darkness and everything it represents can be pretty exciting. Don’t you think?” - Petra Van Gatt

I mean... Aisha told me it was dark and intense. I cannot say I wasn't warned. Until 80% or so the plot was cute and innocent, spicy yes, but mostly innocent. But once Petra meets the Van Dierens family, I was all over the place. This is indeed a thriller, filled with mystery, dark pasts, secrets, weird rules, and a big PLOT TWIST no one would see coming. The end is heart-wrenching, I felt
Kinara B.
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!
When I read the blurb I loved it immediately and I couldn't wait to dive in.

From seven years old Petra knew her heart belonged to her godfather Alexander. Her parents took it so seriously, hearing their 7yr daughter profess her love for her godfather telling him not to marry anyone but her!!. After seeing Petra's reaction at such a young age, her parents decided to remove Alexander from her life. Petra's father still remained friends with him through the years, and
Jojo
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spoiler Free Review:
Melanie Martin's Blossom in Winter is a captivating page-turner of a book that you literally will not put down-- I call it a "binge-read" because you wont want to read a few chapters and come back to it later- you want and even NEED to see what happens nect. Melanie's attention to detail and flowing narration takes you on a journey so unpredictable and satisfying that when you finish the book itself youre only disappointment with it is that it ends at all!!
Deborah Zammit
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God I am so speechless with the ending! The last few chapters were a twist where you couldn't guess how the story is turning to. Great book and story. Will definitely read the author's next book. Well done!
Haisley Chavez
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: to anyone who enjoy romance, slow-burns, forbidden love, etc.
This was sooo amazing!! Just finished it!! Oh I need book 2, please... So much better than Fifty Shades. The plot, the characters, the smut, the conflicts, the mystery around the Van Dieren's family, the romance, the drama.... So intense, so good, so wrong, so forbidden...

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

After reading all the reviews, I understood that there was a "controversial sexual scene" in it and I so wanted to read it! I think the 1 star reviews made me want to buy the book faster than the 5 ones
Kellie Stuart
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: +18
What can be said that hasn't already been said?

Well, here I am trying to do a proper review with my heart heavy after having finished this masterpiece. Okay, Kellie, take a deep breath and try to write properly.

This book will not be everyone's cuppa, and that's for sure. I understand why so many folks who don't usually read romance, enjoyed it. And you know why? Because this is so much more than a romance book. Blossom in Winter is the story of a young heiress Petra Van Gatt, who was raised in
Aurora Reed
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"And as I look at him and he looks at me, I know there are things he wants to say but won’t say. Things he wants to do, but won’t do."

There are no words to describe this book. None. Beautifully written, emotional, raw, this is such a different type of romance with a plot twist I didn't see coming. I'm so sad it's over and I don't have yet book 2 :(
twinklesandstars
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I was lucky to receive an ARC of this. And oh boy. This is a dark romance with a taboo age gap story line.
Hello everything I’ve ever wanted in a plot.

I really enjoyed that the book gave us both his and her’s POV’s, this made the story that much more intriguing. I’m not gonna spoil it for anyone, but if 50 Shades tickles your fancy, then this will blow your mind.
Scarlett Catledge
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-romance
What an emotional rollercoaster!! I'm so sad this book ended. I don't usually do reviews but I'm so glad I read this. I love Petra & Alex. This book is dark so if you get easily triggered I won't recommend it. You need to distinguish fiction with real life. But it was wonderfully written, beautifully romantic, and I'm sooo looking for book 2!
Alice Patterson
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: slow-burn romance
Shelves: all-time-bests
What can I say that hasn't been already said about this roller coaster?

I needed to take some time before writing a review, because I was in tears at the end. Really in tears. My heart was heavy. Not in a thousand years would I have expected that ending!

Oh boy! Is it 2020 already? Where is the second book?

I honestly loved every detail, and every word in this book. A slow-burn forbidden love story between the young heiress Petra Van Gatt (she turns 18 in the book, but starts at 17) and her
Teo Palmier
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
amazing book !! even better than 50shades !! CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE 2ND BOOK !!!
Anastasia Wallace
I clicked. I read. I cried. I survived.

Me finishing:

Me, seeing that Book 2 is not yet out, and does not have a release date:

Few books can create as many emotions as this one.
I wondered why this book has got so many 5 stars and then a lot of 1 stars, with very few in between. The explanation? The plot twists and how intense this is. It's a hit or miss. A 5-or-1 kind of books. You either hate it or love it. And when you hate it, you do really have strong feelings about it, similar to the FSoG
Tracy Leinonen
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is outside my normal genre but very happy I got it. This author is going to be one of my new guilty pleasures. I loved the plot which is very original and captivating. The characters pulled me in immediately and hearing from them all just made it flow very well. Can't wait for her next book. Highly recommended.
Isla Fernandez
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm sad. Really really sad that this book ended. I have read maybe over 500 books in my life (unfortunately I didn't use Goodreads before) and this one goes definitely into my "memorable-reads". It was such a page-turner I had to finish it in 6-7 hours. Hate it or love it, it's the kind of books you'll want to know what's happening next. The storyline was fresh and original, giving you both sides of the story: you will have Alex/Petra POV and then the POV of Petra's mother, Tess Hagen, which is ...more
Brooklyn Miller
OMG! Wooww. Woow. Wow. This book was everything i didn't know I needed.
I don't usually read romance, I'm more into mystery, crime, Stephen King, etc. But a friend told me this was a thriller type with Plot Twist and I will enjoy it. So I gave it a try, and she was right. I read it in one-setting. IT'S AMAZING! If you don't usually like romances, give this one a try. You won't regret it.
Charlotte Watson
What a book!!! Jeez!! Couldn't put it down! I loved this story so much. Need book 2 ASAP!! I'd recommend it to anyone +18.
Elisabeth
Oct 28, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was excited for this book to come out, truly. I was waiting eagerly for the 28th of October for it to come out on Kindle. I'm always on the lookout for age-gap romance novels, and this just sounded very intriguing!
I'm astounded by the amount of 5-star reviews on this book. It was not an enjoyable read for me at all, apart from the parts where I was laughing so much at the ridiculous things that happen in the story. There's so much wrong with this book, I can't even mention all of it here. I
Jade
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If this book could kill, I'd be dead.
As simple as this. This book takes us on a journey so unpredictable that when you think everything is gonna be alright, you are wrong, nothing is gonna be alright. The author manages to create Mind-Fuck scenes that you don't see coming. You don't even know which side you should be cheering for: Alex/Petra's side or her mother's side? Yes, her mother is right, the relationship is twisted, Alex has such a past that I'd be having the same reaction if it was
Caroline
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book I couldnt put down, neither want it to end. That says a lot. I received this free book for the exchange of my honest review. I cannot believe this is authors debut novel. And I certainly am looking forward to reading the next book. It didnt take long to get me on hook and dive into the story. Its a fast reading one. I couldn't put it down as I want to find out what happen. But I do have to put down to take a break and breath. I love the book that can take me to another places. In her ...more
Khloe W.
OMG!!!! I CAN'T!!! Why this book ended? Why? Where is book 2? I NEED BOOK 2! How am I supposed to live now? Does it count as a review? Anyway, 5 well deserved stars for this emotional roller-coaster!!! Jeez!

Nancy Deborah
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Start this book when you have no fixed appointments because boy oh boy! does it make you freeze!
So captivating and addictive ! The way of writing is one that is distant to an amateur and I'm glad I got to read this! Although this does fall into erotic romance, This is romance in the most basic form!!
Sarah Taliana
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melanie Martins you are the best ! I was seriously hooked on this book Love it from the begging and I cannot wait for book 2 to continue this adventure Must read !! ...more
Elena
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very surprising read full of mystery and twists. I don't usually read romance or Young-Adult/New Adult, but after two colleagues of mine reading it non-stop during our lunch time, I decided to give it a try. Kobo said this book is 125k words, so quite a big book, however I read it in 6-7 hours! This is how glued I was! We start with the divorce of Roy Van Gatt and Tess Hagen, Petra's mother, where he moves to New York with his daughter, Petra, when she is just 13 months. The first 2 chapters ...more
Mariska Boekholt
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No lies, this is the best book I’ve ever read! I couldn’t stop reading and I’ve felt a lot of emotions by reading it! Can’t wait for the second book!!!
Did anyone else feel punked while reading this book? 8 33 Jan 01, 2020 06:23AM