Start by marking “The Escape Artist” as Want to Read:
The Escape Artist

The Escape Artist

Claire was held captive for 43 days by a man who did unspeakable things to her.

Three years after her escape, she gets her revenge. The only problem is, she’s got the wrong man.

Published January 14th 2020 by Burlesque Press

To ask other readers questions about The Escape Artist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Escape Artist

Start your review of The Escape Artist
Sassy Sedusa
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
so good.
Kitty Thomas is slowly becoming my favorite author. so far this is my third book by her and i enjoyed it. i recommend it.
Charlie
Absolutely outstanding, 5 dark stars!

Kitty Thomas is one of my all time favourite authors, I love everything she writes, but of course I have favourites. This book has made it into the top three, it may even tie for first place, it was everything I hoped for and more!

The person chained up never had the power. But it was a nice idea to put on a T-shirt.

Kitty described this book as a hybrid love child between Comfort Food and Tender Mercies (my #1 and #2) and it absolutely is that. If you liked
Nenia ✨️ I yeet my books back and forth ✨️ Campbell
OH MY GOD

This sounds right up my dark and twisted alley.

#AllTheNeed
Al *the semi serial series skipper*

I thought this book was about a woman getting revenge on the guy that kidnapped and assaulted her. Even after Ari got into the picture I still thought she was going to top him when she realizes she got the wrong guy. Instead he's assuming ownership even though he knows she is not stable, I don't care if he thinks he can cure her with some BDSM it just seemed distasteful.

Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
I absolutely loved this book.

From the first line to the last, The Escape Artist held me captive, just as Claire and Ari were held captive by one another. Kitty Thomas has crafted yet another amazing masterpiece of a story, one where she takes all the elements of wrongness and twists them into something that is so very right. This story is by parts emotionally charged, depraved, incredibly hot, fantastically written and populated with great characters.

This was wrong in every way a thi
Cécile Smits
CAREFUL! SPOILERS AHEAD!

Trust Kitty Thomas to think of an unconventional way to cure a girl that’s been abducted and abused for 43 days.
Yes,she’s done it before,and even with everything that happened to those girls,it always worked.....
Those girls are now slaves,happy with their place at their Masters feet.
Happy to be their treasured pets,and happy with pleasing their Masters,in any way they can.
But is this method something that can help Claire,you ask.
Having escaped at the very last minute,at t
⭐ Emerson ⭐
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ⭐ Emerson ⭐ by: Cécile Smits
99cents on Amazon!

One of my favorite dark reads this year.

description
Jewel
update: dnf @ 50%. Marking as read. I don't know if this is too light for me or if I'm just not in the mood for this type of story. I don't know. It's way too reminiscent of tender mercies, though.

I heard Kitty Thomas say this book is kind of a mix between Comfort Food and Tender Mercies and now I'm dying from my excitement. I'm truly done with her docile pleasure house novels and I'm so happy she's going back to writing dark books.

This cover, though?
Just awful.
liz
It has been way too long since I’ve read a Kitty Thomas book.

The Escape Artist was a true escape for me. Such a great plot and had “all the feels”I was looking for...and It. Is. Smoking🔥...OMG, I would love to jump right into that book!

A phenomenal palette cleanser of kinky delight.
Heather
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I like the fact that Kitty Thomas writes a number of quality, intense, sexually charged, stand-alone books and that is certainly the case with The Escape Artist. Her writing engages the reader and pulls you into the emotions of the characters like few other authors. It is hard to say what I liked so much about this book without giving away too much of the details. Suffice it to say, the raw emotions of the captor and prisoner evoked such strong feelings in me that I was immediately pulled into t ...more
Rebecca
Aug 05, 2020 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Got over halfway through - not a bad book by any means, just has stuff in it I usually don’t enjoy. NEXT!!!
KittyLuvr
Shelves: favorites
SUPERB
OUTSTANDING
EMOTIONALLY GUTTING
HEARTBREAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL
These were the immediate thoughts that crossed my mind as I finished Ms. Thomas' 'The Escape Artist'.
A writer with the author's skills is a treasure beyond compare to this lifelong reader. And Ms. Thomas just does NOT disappoint. Her wordcrafting skill is almost magical, her deft light style is so deceptive: she's a powerful magnet & her readers are helpless steel (as least THIS one IS) completely pulled into & trapped in the world she
Heather
God help her if he escapes.

...and OMG it was exciting to read it when he did!!
Amanda Anderson (Beauty.and.the.bookies)
Kelly
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Ari and Claire have the most unusual meeting. And the tables kept turning on this couple as they find each other.
I loved the story. It was so different from any other storyline and it kept me wanting to read more.
I also loved how the characters Quill and Saskia from The Con Artist were shown in this book as a continuation of their story.
I highly recommend this book!
Lara Hill
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Badh
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kitty Thomas has done it again. She really writes fantastic dark romance and capture fantasies.

Claire went through 43 terrible days, and 3 years later, she's hiding from what happened and from the man who did it to her. She doesn't want to acknowledge what happened because then it becomes too real. She thought she was safe until she saw him again. It threw her, and she is going to take steps.

Ari is mourning the death of a relationship. One fateful day, he sits in a cafe, eating lunch. That one
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)

cover

Blurb:

Melanie
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This story starts three years after Claire escapes her kidnapper. He kept her in a basement for 43 days before she escaped. He did horrible things to her during that time and it broke her. She is barely able to get through the day and going out of her apartment is worse. That is until she sees her captor. Now she has a purpose, to get her revenge.

This story not only overlaps with The Con Artist, but also The Pleasure House series. Each story stands alone, but characters you meet in oth
Marishka
From author - This book is Ari's book (a side character from The Con Artist). However you do NOT have to have read The Con Artist to read this book. This is a standalone set in the same world. ...more
Dar
That was, well, that was one of the most amazing reads I’ve ever read! It flowed, it ebbed, it was smooth, and bumpy, but not sharp or cutting. It mesmerized me, it soothed and fired me up, at the same time, about the same things. Claire and Ari didn’t need to know anything about each other, not from their lives, because they connected on a primal level. They knew each other, and exposed to the other, their souls, and that was enough. The real world had no place in their connection, and only a f ...more
mlady_rebecca
Chris
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Escape Artist is another captivating and enjoyable book from this very talented author. I've read a number of her books now and I've totally enjoyed them all. This one is definitely one of my favorites. When I started reading The Escape Artist, I was immediately caught up in the story and couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Ari and Claire's story is dark, daring, deep and downright steamy at times. I really enjoyed the dual POV of the characters. The reasoning behind their actions and feeli ...more
Cindi Russell
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Time to escape back into a world by Kitty Thomas. Her worlds always seem to be so wrong, yet somehow turn out to have been right all along. And this world is just another incredible example of that. And holy shit does it ever deliver. You almost couldn't make up a story this crazy. Imagine being abducted and held for 43 days, then, on the day he was going to kill you, you somehow managed to escape. Ok, not so unusual, right? But wait. What if you were to kidnap him back? Make his life hell like ...more
The Dark Newsletter.com
SALE
→ On sale for maybe a limited time. Grab your copy now! ←

dark

→ Submit or subscribe to The DARK Newsletter! ←

cover

Blurb:

Jacque
I have always said that Comfort Food is my absolute favorite Kitty book with Tender Mercies running a close second. Not anymore. TM is now a very distant 3rd and The Escape Artist is now tied for first place. Holy shhh-nikes! This was an absolute amazing book. The characters, the plot, I just could not put it down! Literally, could not put this book down.

Quick recap. Claire was held captive by a man who did horrible things to her. Before he can kill her, she escapes. Three years later, she’s sti
Nicole Diskin
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kitty does it again!
I received this from the Great Kitty herself!
In return for an honest review so here it goes...
Boy am I glad!! It was a whole new twist but at the same time not.
So emotional and unique and OMG the twists I did not see coming!!
And as always oh so steamy!
I didnt even mind how long it took to get to the steamy bits in fact I think I liked it better that way.
Thanks again for another great read Kitty!
Mel Shank
Shelves: 2020, books-of-2020
Kitty Thomas has done it once again! A brilliant take on captive and captor, yet so much more.
Ms. Thomas weaves tales of splendid dark romance and takes chances that push limits but yet warm and soothes at the same time.
The Escape Artist follows Claire and Ari's journey of self-preservation, love, and fixing of all things broken through an unconventional romance. A must-read for all lovers of the dark romance.
If you were a fan of Comfort Food, The Escape Artist is for you. Don't try to escape, j
Anonymous Girl

Published January 14th, 2020

Kathryn
It was on sale today 01-06-2021 for .99.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Ward (Dark Obsession Trilogy #1)
  • Diamond in the Rough (Diamond, #1)
  • Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • Gilded Cage (Dark Obsession Trilogy #2)
  • Under His Rule
  • Captive Vow
  • Gold Mine (Diamond, #2)
  • Beauty and Beastly (Steampunk Fairy Tales: Beauty and the Beast, #1)
  • The Lady and the Highlander (Highland Fairy Tales #3)
  • King's Men (The Savage Fall, #1)
  • Pray for Scars (Unsainted, #2)
  • Soulless (The Privileged of Pembroke High, #2)
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Warrior's Vengeance
  • The Mob Boss' Pet
  • When a Laird Finds a Lass (Highland Fairy Tales #2)
  • Toxic (Dark Obsession Trilogy #3)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
NEW RELEASE: THE PLEASURE HOUSE COMPLETE 5-BOOK SERIES BOX SET: https://kittythomas.com/the-pleasure-...

NEW RELEASE and FIRST CHAPTER FREE: THE PROPOSAL: https://kittythomas.com/teaser-scene-...

Download my FREE #toohotforamazon novella, THREE WORDS: https://bit.ly/THREEWORDS

KITTY THOMAS began publishing in early 2010 with her bestselling COMFORT FOOD.

For free excerpts, follow her at Book and Main: