Start by marking “Wild Sky: The Relic Hunters #2” as Want to Read:
Wild Sky: The Relic Hunters #2

Wild Sky: The Relic Hunters #2

After delivering the pearl, Finn and Aria thought life would return to normal.

But with the survival of the clans still in peril, they must continue their quest.

Can they find the next relic before the forces of evil?

Not everyone is who they appear to be, and time is running out ...

Published November 27th 2019 by Ren Publications

To ask other readers questions about Wild Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Sky

Start your review of Wild Sky: The Relic Hunters #2
Elaine
This is an action packed fantasy adventure written for children but equally enjoyable for adults. It centres around the search for relics which are key to restoring balance and defeating evil in the world. After reading the first book in this series – and listening to the audiobook version of it – I couldn’t wait to read this second book in this series, and it was just as enthralling an adventure! As Finn, Aria and Pippin set out to find the next relic they’ll encounter some double dealing, lear ...more
Jéssica
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, reviews
This isn't the first book I read of Lexi Rees, and I loved the Eternal Seas, which is the first novel of the series, and I was very excited to continue with the adventure in this second book.

Before I continue this review, I must recommend you guys read the first novel, if you haven't already... why? Because this story continues right after the journey that we are pulled in with Finn and Aria, and this next quest is as amazing and exciting as the last one.

We get to see Finn and Aria keep growing
Kel
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Wild Sky which is the second of the Relic Hunter series by Lexi Rees. My favourite two characters would have to be unique Pippin and her trust cat Hobnob. Pippin is a lively girl who is easily excitable and was extremely happy when she found Hobnob on the island and her eyes even brimmed with tears. Hobnob is a cat who Pippin hardly ever lets out of her sight and event takes on a dangerous Himalayan journey.
Eternal Seas is about finding the sea-tamer relic and Wild Sky is about
Charlotte
This middle grade book, the second in the relic hunter series, is a magical middle grade book which takes the reader on a treacherous journey through the rough seas and Himalayan mountains. The gang are developing their magic skills and searching for the second relic meeting new characters among the way, while danger is never far behind. Perfect for 7-11 year olds but I really enjoyed this as a 29 year old!

I did find the first half a bit slow which is why the book gets a three star from me, but
Jane Hunt
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Relic Hunters series takes Finn and Aria, and some new friends, on a quest to find the air relic. Aria needs to hone her powers and rally her clan to achieve this aim. Careful world-building peppered with adrenaline-fueled action scenes take the children to the farthest reaches of the world. Their enemies are many, and a dangerous pact threatens to thwart their quest. Who can they trust? Will they succeed?

Aimed at children who can read alone, this story, with its lovely il
Sapna Chamaria
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By my 12 year old:
Wild Sky by Lexi Rees is an amazing book. It is perfect for people who like adventure and mystery books. The book grips you in very quickly. I couldn’t put the book down. It is about two children called Finn and Aria who are on a quest to save the clans who have had to go into hiding after they lost their relic. That is not all there is also a villain called Sir Waldred who is trying to get the relics to so that he can become the most powerful person. The book is really good an
Jenni
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put Wild Sky down, I read it so quickly - I just had to know what happened next. The story seems to get bigger now that we are on book two, the journey more epic and the stakes higher. Finn and Aria also grow in their powers too. They meet new friends along the way, including a cat called Hobnob.

I thought that the pacing of the story was perfect, just like the first installment, I loved learning more about the world - it is so interesting and those glimpses we get into the past even
Kirsty
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in Lexi’s Relic Hunter series. I would strongly recommend you read Eternal Seas first as Wild Sky picks up exactly where we last left Finn and Aria. Therefore, without reading it I feel you would be a little lost.

I do very much appreciate it when the next book in the series doesn’t go over old ground, it instead, cracks straight on with the story.

The Air Walkers
We are dealing with a different branch of magic this time. it is all about Aria and her blood magic that allows
Anna
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 52booksfor2019
One of the things I love about a series is that you already know the main characters and you can jump right into the next chapter of their story. It's like catching up with old friends. And I couldn't wait to catch up with Finn, Aria and their parents.

Wild Sky begins exactly where we left our intrepid relic hunters at the end of Eternal Seas. No time is wasted before we are thrown straight back into the action. Sir Waldred, the villain of the story, is determined to thwart Aria's attempts in loc
Suzanna Salter
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wild sky book 2

Would it be as good as book 1 (Eternal Seas) or better?

I loved that this book could be read not only by children but parents alike. I liked that it showed good life lessons, right and wrong, good and bad and making informed decisions.

Beautifully written with a wonderful undulating flow ensuring each page kept you spell bound.

A must read, highly recommend this book
Mary Rees
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! This is a truly fantastic and completely engrossing return to the adventures of the Relic Hunters. I read the first book, The Eternal Seas, to my class last summer and both they and I loved it. I’ve been eagerly awaiting the second book. It has exceeded my expectations: a perfect blend of fast-paced action, edge-of-your-seat moments of danger, unexpected twists and revelations, and wonderfully engaging and likeable characters.

The world is familiar, yet unfamiliar, as it is set in the UK
Jessica Bronder
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
We jump right into the story in the same place as Eternal Seas ends. It’s Aria’s turn to find the air tamer relic. The journal she was given by the elders really isn’t helping but when she decides to share she learns that more eyes can help. Off they are to a former fort then off to a monastery in India.

But trouble strikes and mom is injured and dad can’t continue. It also seems that the elders have a secret regarding a demon that is now wrecking havoc on the world. At every turn it seems the k
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a wonderful book to delve into!

My daughter is young, 4 currently, but absolutely adores story time so we often end up reading several times a day. When we read the first book I kept having to plead out for a sore throat from reading out loud to her, and this was no different.

She was glued to the story, and being young she did stop me a couple of times to ask about a word she wasn’t familiar with, but otherwise was happily glued, she giggled and gasped a few times, sat wide eye whi
Rachel
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This action-packed magical fantasy sees us catching up with Finn and Aria from book 1, Eternal Seas, as they continue on their quest to find the relics. With Finn and Aria’s powers getting stronger as they learn more about who they are and what they can do. They meet new friends on their journey as fate of their clan is still at stake and they need to finds these relics before Sir Waldred, who wants to harness the power of the relics for himself and destroy clan magic forever, gets his hands on ...more
Leigh
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
Our second Relic Hunter book in a week! My sons (8 and 5) are loving the whirlwind adventure of these books, from the sea to the mountains and above to the skys.

In Wild Sky, we follow Finn and Aria further into their magical quest to find the Sky Rider relic this time, of which Aria is a sky rider! We take a ride over the Himalayan mountains to a monastery where we meet Rahfi a trainee monk who also helps them in the relic quest.

Yet again, a brilliant magical adventure taking you to all corners
Whitney Morris
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a action packed magical adventure perfect for all. I wanted these books for my daughter who is 8 but I have ended up loving them as well. We have both read this series and enjoyed it.

This is the second book and picks up were the first ended so needs to be read in order the plot is exciting and draws you in. The characters are great. They are relatable as they aren't perfect and all make mistakes but they are always trying hard.

I highly recommend this series and can't wait for the next i
Kerry Bratton
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you thought book 1 was good then you really need to follow it up with wild sky .... from demons, monks, mystery islands and quests. The rollercoaster ride you’re taken on, routing for the main characters to succeed in their quest. Anyone with a sense of adventure would enjoy this. I’m an adult and I loved this book. The characters are brilliant, well developed and likeable unless of course they’re the baddies ....
Left on a cliff hanger .... and a thirst for who wins the war.

Highly recommend
Pam Chantrell
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Most of my review for book one is relevant for book two.

As well as being enjoyed by my pre-teens this was also enjoyed by me. We read this together as a bedtime story over several nights and the calls for "one more chapter" were definitely embraced by me as well as two kids trying to avoid bedtime. It was well-written with a good amount of suspense and storyline to engage everyone.

The series is getting better and better the more we get to know the characters. We're hoping for book 3 before too
Amanda Hallam-Taillon
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We finished this book last night and my kids are asking when the next one is out!

A great second instalment in the journey of the relic hunters! Loved it! The plot is exciting and fast paced, the characters likeable and heroic. Awesome.

Hurry up, Lexi Rees! We need to know what comes next! (Just kidding, take the time needed to continue your wonderful story, it’s just very hard to wait!)
Sue Wickstead
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the second book as much as the first.
Looking forward to the next book.
Andrew Brown
Frieda
marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2020
Lexi
Apr 09, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jo
is currently reading it
Apr 30, 2020
Alan Carroll
is currently reading it
May 13, 2020

• Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • The Sacrificial Man (Cate Austin, #2)
  • Arrows Tipped with Honey (Natural Forces #2)
  • After the End
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Are You Watching?
  • Rumblestar (The Unmapped Chronicles, #1)
  • I Choose You
  • Ash Mountain
  • The Life We Almost Had
  • The Age of Akra
  • Final Verdict ( A Cavendish & Walker Novel, #6)
  • Ghost (Track, #1)
  • If You Love Me, I'm Yours
  • A Timeless Lovestyle (The Lovestyle Series # 4)
  • The King's Secret (Path of the Ranger, #2)
  • Perfect Little Children
Lexi Rees was born in Scotland but now lives down south. She writes action-packed adventures and workbooks for children.

The Relic Hunters #1, Eternal Seas, was awarded a “loved by” badge from LoveReading4Kids.

She’s passionate about developing a love of reading and writing in children and has an active programme of school visits, workshops and other events, is a Book PenPal for three primary scho