Start by marking “A Thousand Cuts” as Want to Read:
A Thousand Cuts

A Thousand Cuts

I used to believe in fairy tales.
But then I grew up and I realized that life isn’t like the books I once loved so much.
There are no princes riding in on their white horses.
No magic wands or fairy god mothers.
And no happily ever afters.

Expected publication: February 4th 2020

To ask other readers questions about A Thousand Cuts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thousand Cuts

Start your review of A Thousand Cuts
J. Ockenhouse
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ainsley, Finn, Ryland and Lily are about to take you on a trip through friendships, family love, protection, fate, all the emotions that start as chemical crush, twist to anger, grow to hate and after revelations love is back in the forefront.

Love hurts but secrets can scar the soul. This one is emotionally deep. You can just feel the love and protective nature of each of these characters.

Love, love, love the writing, the moral, the plot and how our characters pull the reader into the journey
Tammy
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great read this was. I loved the connection Ryland and Ainsley had since she was little. This was more than a friend's to romance read, so much more. These two seemed to be destined for each other from the beginning, it took some over coming of some huge obstacles tho. Ainsley seems to of captured more than Rylands attention tho, when her life is in danger, everyone has to put their differences aside to help her.
Stacie Christensen
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I used to believe in fairy tales.

There are no princes riding in on their white horses.

No magic wands or fairy god mothers.

And no happily ever afters.

Ryland Thorpe taught me the hard way that good doesn’t always win and sometimes the people we trust the most are the ones that can hurt us the deepest.

At fifteen, my world began and ended with him.

He was my older brother’s best friend.

He was my protector.

He was the
Becky Wise
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Thousand Cuts is phenomenal. You get that childhood crush/friend, mixed in with brothers best friend and then you shake it up and get this amazing book. I love the raw and gritting moments along with that bound that doesn't go away that Melissa Toppen gives us in this one. You are in for one heck of ride when it comes to Ryland and Ainsley. You will just love them to pieces and you will feel for them too. Ryland is amazing for everything that he goes through. The way he handles himself ...more
Andrea Britton
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow! I’m not sure that I can say anything that will do this book justice. Because this was one absolutely unputdownable, this book will grab your attention and the words will not let you put the book down.

Melissa Toppen has given us a beautiful second chance. A second chance at romance so-to say but really a second chance at making your life the way you want it. For going after what you want.

Secrets are kept to protect family....but when the truth comes out....we get one helluva
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Thousand Cuts is an emotional read with so much love its bursting from the pages! Not only did we get to see Ainsley and Ryland fall in love but we also got to see the love between Ainsley and her brother, as well as seeing her brother fall in love.

Ainsley is determined. I loved her spirit and her determination. She wants to make life better, so she's working and going to college. But she's always missed her brothers best friend. Ryland. Ryland has this soft and sweet side to him they'd you'd
Sara Gross
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the story of Ryland and Ainsley. Ryland has known Ainsley all her life. He has been best friends with her brother Finn. Ainsley has had a crush on Ryland for as long as she can remember, but then something happened that took him away from her and she was really angry at him for it and did not think he could forgive him for it. When he comes back, he sees her differently. Ainsley is all grown up and beautiful. Reading about them falling in love was really a wonderful story. We got to see ...more
Shasta Hope
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a gold novel right here! Melissa captivated my heart with every word on every page. I think this book is in my top 5 faves for Melissa.

Ryland was Absolutely one of my favorite book boyfriend's! How could he not be? Rugged , Hot , Endearing, and so Loving! What he did for the love of Finn and Ainsley is by far the most precious and priceless sacrifices. However, when love and family are your reason, nothing is off the table. This was a gut wrenching novel to say the
Krista Ricchi
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A perfect second chance for love. Sometimes you meet your soulmate at a young age and don't even realise it. You grow up together and have an incredible bond that can never be broken. Sometimes choices are made that make it hard to see that bond but it's still there. Always pulling at your heart. This book is filled with all different emotions and you can't help but fall in love with all the characters. I really enjoy Melissa's writing style and have to finish her books in one sitting. I ...more
Michelle
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
My heart!

I loved this sorta second chance. Sibling's best friend isn't always a good trope for me. Mainly b/c of the stupid back and forth, but this one was done right. Thank goodness for tequila.

You get two HEA in one.

There was a twist that I saw but not to that extent. WOW! It got intense there.

Ryland is AMAZING. What he did shows his true nature. Not just his love, it takes a true selfless person to do that.
Sherry
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Melissa Toppen. I loved this story from beginning to end. A story of a secret crush, young love, sacrifices made, healing, redemption, and a perfect HEA. Ryland is the almost perfect guy and you just fall in love with him. Ryland and Ainsley are perfect together. Wonderful characters, romance, action, suspense, and a few heart stopping moments makes this an excellent read.
Lisa Roberts
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW!! God I loved this book and the characters so much I could not put it down until the end. Ainsley and Ryland have the most amazing bond it's beyond beautiful but then life happens and secrets and lies truths danger destroy your world how do you cope when only hate is left.
Just a great amazing second chance and I'm so proud of Ainsley being the woman she is she's fierce and these two deserve it all.
Highly recommended this is fantastic.
Destiny Sanderson
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!! Melissa Toppen you sure know how to get us hooked wanting more!. I loved this story. A secret crush, young love, sacrifices made and lots of love and healing Ryland is the almost perfect guy and you just fall in love with him. such wonderful characters and heart-stopping moments make this an excellent read. This is such a wonderful read I am so excited to see what else is in store for this series!

Melissa you are amazing Thank you !!!!!
Mary
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Thousand Cuts is a second chance emotional story. Finn and his best friend Ryland practically raised Ainsley. She has been in love with Ryland since then. Believing that Ryland almost caused Finn’s downfall, Ainsley refuses to give Ryland the time of the day. Can she really stay away from him. This is a stand-alone book.

Review copy was received for a honest opinion.
Coleen Devlin Leszczynski
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Melissa never seizes to amaze me with her books. I can’t get enough of her. This book was fast paced, romantic and had me wanting more. Ainsley and Ryland are so lovable and I was rooting for them throughout the whole book. If you are looking for a quick read pick this book up you won’t be disappointed. I can’t wait to see what Melissa has in store for us in the future!
Crystal Wilke
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
That was beautiful!!! I loved every second of A Thousand Cuts. Melissa had the right amount of drama, mystery, sexy time, romance and bonding moments in this book.

Try not swoon over Ryland, heck even Finn was swoon worthy. Ainsley is bad a** and I am happy that she stood up for herself. Ryland and Ainsley story gave me all kinds of feelings and I am happy I read their journey.
Syd Ryan
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A thousand cuts is my 15th Melissa Toppen novel read, and the perfect book to start off the cell block C series. It’s a story I didn’t want to put down. We have a bit of suspense. We also get to witness her brother’s love story take place. Standalone HEA.
Mona williams
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
wow what a amazing story! she loved him for years. than he was sent to prison. now hes out but the hurt still remains. lies have been told and truths come out. read to find out what happens.
Cherie Maggi
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
What an incredible story about scarifies for family and friends, forgiveness, and happiness. I really enjoyed this story and connected easily with the character.
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Jan 13, 2020
Melissa Toppen
Dec 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
SB

• Release
  • Conceal
  • Dangerous Games
  • Treacherous
  • Filthy Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago #3)
  • Navy SEAL Bad Boy (Bad Boy, #3)
  • Watch Over Me
  • Focused
  • Reckless Abandon (A Beautiful Liar, #1)
  • Honeymoon Rebound
  • Burning Hearts (The Women of Hearts, #2)
  • Unspoken Words: A Story of the Holocaust
  • Frozen Lens: A New Year's Novella (The Holiday Collection Book 1)
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • A Christmas Disgrace (Disgrace Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Holiday for Hire
  • Renegade Heart
  • The Rancher's Lady (Lake Chelan #0.5)
Melissa is a Reader's Choice Award Winning and Bestselling Author of New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.

Connect with Melissa Toppen