Start by marking “Taking the Fall (Vipers MC #1)” as Want to Read:
Taking the Fall (Vipers MC #1)

Taking the Fall

(Vipers MC #1)

Sent to prison for a crime he didn’t commit...

Nick Sobolev is finally a free man. After wrongfully serving five years behind bars, all Nick wants to do is keep his head down and his nose clean. But when he meets the mysterious and very beautiful Alexis Cross, he finds himself being drawn back into the life that landed him in prison in the first place.

Hiding dangerous secr
ebook
Published August 4th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Taking the Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking the Fall

Start your review of Taking the Fall (Vipers MC #1)
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

'Taking the Fall' is the first book of the 'Viper's MC ' series by Kally ash. This was a new to me author and I would definitely be reading more of her.

MC Romances are my all time favorite and I loved this one too! Nick and Alexis are perfect and I can't wait to have more of them!

Nick is finally a free man after serving for a crime he didn't commit. He has a lot of scores to settle. All his plans are destroyed when he meets the beautiful ,
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
A Fast-paced Smooth going Story With Action, dangers, Suspense and Finding love in the midst of it all.
Loved Alex, Nick & other characters! DEVOURED this in 6hrs.

#My 1st by Kally, I'm so excited for the next book in this series!

Nick is Sweet+Protective. He took the fall of a crime he didn't commit. It was his bro's & don't worry, That guy took the brunt of it.
Alex is Sassy+Kind. She'd been broken by the men of her life.. She's Strong, Being the daughter of the Vipers MC's president and Ex of the
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Taking the Fall is the first book in the Vipers MC series and we start off with Nick, an ex-con who has just been released after serving five years for a crime he didn't commit, and Alex, the daughter of the Vipers President with whom she has a tricky relationship at best. These two find themselves working together when Nick asks for a job in return for somewhere to live and eat.

The attraction between these two is immediate but neither of them do anything about it, giving the book a bit of a slo
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nick just got out of prison for a crime he didn't commit, and he's going to keep his head down.  Of course now he needs a job & a place to live which puts him in Alexis' path.  She owns a mechanic shop and gives Nick a chance by hiring him.  She's trying to stay under the radar when it comes to her dangerous father, but it's not easy to do so she needs help when her past comes back to bite her.  Nick is that help, but the journey they start on is full of chaos since danger never colors inside th ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st in a new series and is Nick and Alexis’ story. Nick has just been released from a 5-year prison sentence for a crime he did not commit, and he need a roof over his head and a job. Alexis owns a local mechanic shop and she hires Nick. Alexis is trying to escape from her father and as her past and present violently collide, she finds herself in a dangerous situation, as well as Nick finding himself in a situation which landed him in prison to start with. This is one of those tales ...more
Kylee
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Taking The Fall is a great start to the first book in the Vipers MC series. Nick and Alex are two people needing to take a different path, however sometimes danger comes looking for you no matter what. An action packed, drama filled MC romance with chaos and plenty of twists and turns to have you on the edge of your seat. Nick and Alex’s story is fast paced, emotional, intense and steamy and will leave you craving more from this series.
Cheri
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nick and Alexis

He's just out of prison for a crime he really didn't commit. He has his reasons for being in there but now he's free. He needs a job and a place to live. What he finds will put him in a situation with his past and hope for a future.

Both characters are strong with deep emotional feelings. They have losses and trust issues. When the past interferes with their present will they make it through--alive?

Two warring MC's. Two brothers--the actual blood-related kind. Parental relationship
Elysian Fields
Shelves: arcs
This is an addictive story of action, passion, and mystery. Going in I thought it was going to be the typical MC romance but thus is so much more. The depth of the characters, the constant secrets, the passion the action... I couldn't put the story down. I really loved the wrold the author created and the dynamics between the main characters was explosive! Highly recommended. I want more... ...more
Charlotte Isaac
Shelves: read-books
I really liked this book. I loved how there was a bit of everything. I couldn't put book down once started.

I loved Alex and Nick together, they many of have a past they didn't know about. But they find chemistry together and they go through a lot but they both help each other.

I can't wait for more.
Maja
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the dual first person point of view, this was an amazing story. A must read, I read it in one sitting, 5 stars. I received an ARC copy of this book through Bookfunnel in exchange for an honest voluntary review.
Sophie Ruthven
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author and one I'll definitely be reading more from. This is a brand new series though and from the first page I was hooked. The author has come up with likeable characters and a plot that will draw you in and refuse to let you let you go. This is definitely one series you don't want miss.

With secrets lurking around every corner, will N & A be able to open up enough to have each others back? Or will their walls stay stubbornly up?

A fast paced book that will keep you guessing
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holly
Nick has just been released from prison after 5 years for a crime he didn't commit.  Alex is a down on her luck mechanic who takes a chance and hires Nick to be security for her garage in exchange for food and a place to stay.  They know next to nothing about each other except that they have off the charts chemistry.  Little do they know, their lives have been intertwined for years in a very tragic way.  With the mess that Alex has herself in and both of their pasts coming home to roost, you hav ...more
Pat
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was a real page turner from the very beginning with the great character and plot development that kept me totally engaged with Nick and Alexis as their journey effortlessly unfolded!
Lacinda Arnold
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book. I wasnt sure at first, but by chapter 2 I was hooked and I couldn't put it down till I finished it. The characters are great, and of course I fell in love with Lucifer (who wouldn't fall in love with a pitty baby hehe). The twist towards the end shocked me but it a good way. I totally understand why she went that way once I got to the end of the book. It was just amazing. And now I can't wait for the next one ...more
Gina Burkart
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
wow i have no words for this story then i loved the way the words flowed from thw pages and how it grab me from the very first page tell the ending and had read this story in one setting as i couldnt get enough of this story.
Leila Matthews
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and storyline. Was a great read, can't wait for the next book!

I received an ARC for my honest review.

Nick did 5 years in jail for a crime he didn't commit. Upon release he wants a clean, simple life. Finding employment in a local mechanic shop, owned and run by Alexis Cross, Nick finds himself in a situation dangerously close to dragging him into the life he is trying to steer clear of.
Alexis is trying to make her own way, despite her parentage and past relationships,
Alexandra
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Check out my full review on my blog: https://dailydoseofbooks.com/2020/10/...

The story is told in dual perspective: a chapter is told by the male character, Nick and the next is told by the female protagonist, Alex. The perspective alternate and the book starts with Nick getting out of prison. After the first chapter, I thought the book was ok, but in the beginning, I didn't like the female protagonist that much. However, the more I read the more she grew on me. I ended up loving this book and I
Up All Night With Books
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Review by: Alysia
Late Night Support Group
Up All Night with Books Blog

Taking the Fall by Kally Ash was a marvelous book about two people whose paths crossed before either one realized. It has a taste of MC without being fully based in the MC world. It’s very steamy and hot! I loved that Kally added some action to keep you on the edge of your seat. Once you get into the story, you become addicted to Alex and Nick and their crazy love story!

Nick spent the last 5 years behind bars for somethi
Jenifer Briggs
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love taking a chance on new to me authors, and this book was just phenomenal. From the very beginning you just know this is going to be an emotional read, and it definitely had me tearing up more than once. Plus all the twists and turns had me glued to my kindle!!!

Nick has just been released from prison after a long five years for a crime he didn't commit. He needs a job, a roof over his head, and someone to take a chance on him. Alexis owns her own mechanic shop and is desperately trying to g
Shelleen Toland
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nick Sobolev was sent to prison for a crime he didn't commit. After 5 years he is released and now needs to find a job and start his life over as an ex con.
Alexis Cross owns a mechanic shop and Nick walks in looking for a job. Alexis is trying to avoid her father but in a city it is hard to do that. Her past is catching up to her and not in a good way.
I wanted to know more about both of them and Kally Ash did not disappoint. Learning who Alexis's father is and her past made me wanting more to re
Midwest Romantic
Taking the Fall was extremely good! I enjoyed reading it and seeing the story between Alex and Nick. They were so well matched! However I am only giving it 3 hearts because I personally feel it was lacking some thing. It just needed a bit more substance to it, if that makes any sense? It just seemed TOO easy and it was super close to "insta-love" which I'm not a fan of. But like I said, the characters are super well written and the plot line was good even though it is kind of cliche. So if you'r ...more
Julia Firlotte
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. I have to say, I am going through a bit of a MC romance phase and this novel didn't disappoint. Alex and Nick have great chemistry, the suspense, passion and intrigue is well written and certainly enough to hold reader interest.

I thought the characters were well crafted, with enough spark to be likable and seem real, without their unique characteristics being overdone.

All in all, I think Kally was particularly good at providing an alpha male who was extremely sensitive
Rachel Osborne
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this start to Nick and Alexis's story. Having done time for a crime he didn't commit, Nick finds himself in a place he didn't expect and Alexis is there, bring the past and present to collide.
There's emotions flying and deep issues that are ingrained into the characters, and I loved that this story wasn't just a simple endeavour. There's lots of action and heat to keep the plot moving and it definitely makes you want to keep reading. Looking forward to the next installment!
Elvira
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
enjoyed the book. The characters have depth and chemistry. The storyline has its twists and turns and they are well written.

I received a copy and am voluntarily leaving my honest review.
Inga Lady Of Bookland
I very much enjoyed Taking the Fall by Kally Ash.
There was sweet romance with sparks and great chemistry.
There were secrets, danger and a bit of suspense.
The story was steamy, funny, intense and emotional.
I liked the characters, the story and the writing. And at the end it was a good contemporary romance that lets you escape reality for a few hours, so exactly what I needed - 4.25 stars.

*I received a review copy in exchange for a honest review, so this is my voluntary and honest opinion abou
Jaclyn Hackman
Joanna Palmer
Sep 15, 2020
Christine
Aug 22, 2020

• Wolfhunter River (Stillhouse Lake, #3)
  • Guilty as Sin (Sin, #2)
  • Richer Than Sin (Sin, #1)
  • Insanely Hot, Then Not (Flame Series, #3)
  • A Man in Uniform (American Heroes, #4)
  • Iron Princess (Savage Trilogy, #2)
  • Rogue Royalty (Savage Trilogy, #3)
  • In the Clear: An Insta-Lust Romantic Suspense Story (Codex Book 3)
  • Savage Prince (Savage Trilogy, #1)
  • The Ex Games (The Ex Games, #1)
  • Cocky Protector (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Corrupt My Mind (North Haven University #1)
  • Dash
  • Trusting Bull (Savage Brothers MC, #5)
  • Diamonds in the Rough (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Lyrical (Academy of Stardom, #2)
  • Diamonds in the Dust (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Big Ben (See No Evil Trilogy, #1)
Kally Ash is a contemporary romance author whose passions include curling up with a good book, devouring chocolate and getting kitty cuddles. Tempt Me is her debut novel, and the first book in a three book series.

Some of her unicorn authors include Sawyer Bennett, Elizabeth Hayley and Haley Jenner.