Start by marking “Bullseye” as Want to Read:

Bullseye

(The Monsters Within Duet #1)

For twelve long years, I’ve breathed, I’ve bled for only one thing…

Revenge.

Four men took something from me, something which can never be replaced. That one night changed the lives of so many and taught me that monsters are real.

But I also learned I’m the biggest monster of them all.

Nothing and no one will stand in my way of redemption because those men…they’re now three.
346 pages
Published February 20th 2020

Start your review of Bullseye
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
a

‘BULLSEYE’ is the first full length book in the ‘Monsters Within’ duet by Monica James. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

"🅃🄷🄸🅂 🄸🅂 🄼🄴. 🄰 🄲🄾🄻🄳 🄷🄴🄰🅁🅃🄴🄳 🄱🄰🅂🅃🄰🅁🄳. 🄰 🄳🄴🄿🅁🄰🅅🄴🄳 🄰🄽🄸🄼🄰🄻. 🄼🅈 🅂🅃🄾🅁🅈 🄳🄾🄴🅂🄽'🅃 🄴🄽🄳 🅆🄸🅃🄷 🄿🅁🄸🄽🄲🄴 🄲🄷🄰🅁🄼🄸🄽🄶 🅂🄰🅅🄸🄽🄶 🅃🄷🄴 🄿🅁🄸🄽🄲🄴🅂🅂 🄰🄽🄳 🄻🄸🅅🄸🄽🄶 🄷🄰🄿🄿🄸🄻🅈 🄴🅅🄴🅁 🄰🄵🅃🄴🅁 🅆🄸🅃🄷 🄷🄴🅁 🄱🄴🄲🄰🅄🅂🄴 ... 🄸 🄺🄸🄻🄻🄴🄳 🅃🄷🄴 🄵🅄🄲🄺🄸🄽🄶 🄿🅁🄸🄽🄲🄴."

How much would you sacrifice to avenge your best friend/your brother's death? When revenge ran fluidly through Bulls veins nothing else mattered! It's all he tasted. It's all he
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
You know that saying, "Two wrongs don't make a right."?

Well, sometimes that's a bunch of bullshit.

Bull's brother is senselessly and brutally murdered by a group of men while Bull's held down and forced to watch every horrifying second up close.

After that night, Bull wants nothing more from life than vengeance against the monsters responsible for his brother's death.

Unfortunately, he's thrown into jail before he can finish the job, so for twelve long years, he plots his revenge and waits for
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

This is me. A coldhearted bastard. A depraved animal. My story doesn’t end with Prince Charming saving the princess and living happily ever after with her because…I killed the fucking prince.

Holy hell, Monica James. I'm equal parts terrified and in awe of your author brain right now. Because this book? It was all sorts of f*cked up. And I. FREAKING. LOVED. IT.

You know what I love about a good dark romance? It's that feeling that it gives you. You know the one? When you're reading
Jessica
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love Monica James' dark romances, so when I saw she had a new duet coming out, and after seeing that gorgeous cover, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book.

This book starts the day that Bullseye gets released from jail and I was immediately intrigued by his character. We knew that he was out for revenge, but we don't know what that revenge was until about 20% into the book. I love myself a damaged hero and Bullseye is as damaged as they come. I loved how we were slowly given
Ria Augustine
Feb 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Sometimes I read a book or attempt to read a book and I am left speechless.

This is one of those times. Originally I wasn’t going to review this but I did receive an ARC in exchange for an honest review so here goes.

Monica, I loved your All The Pretty Things series, it was really well written and I always recommend it.
But SIS......every other book I attempted to read from you was a DNF or I hated. I’m beginning to think that ATPT was a one time thing! I’m sitting here trying to figure out HOW
Meredith
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What a ride! This book, Bullseye, had me holding my breath the entire time. This multi-layered, twisted tale starts off with a blaze of fire making your heart beat wildly in anticipation of what's to come. It's dark. It's gritty. It's raw. It's completely addicting. The characters, the plot and the intensity of feels... all of it was off the charts.

Bull (Cody) is a complex and angry man. A man shrouded in a heavy, painful past that leads him to a life of vengeance. His demons haunt him,
Miftahul
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
THIS BOOK HAD MORE ACTION THAN ROMANCE

IG- miftahul_mslovesreading
ARC WAS KINDLY PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE FOR HONEST REVIEW

so i actually dnf this book 3 times, because the first 20% is just so boring. it was really stretched out but then I finally gave it another try and forced myself to finish it because I kind like the cover and it has that vibe that made me want to read the book again and again.....idk how to explain, then i kept on reading and i kinda liked it. It was like a bollywood action
CourtRocks
Feb 20, 2020 marked it as don-t-bother
Kicking a reader out of your author group and blocking on instagram all because of a 1 star review is childish and immature. Especially when that reader normally raves about your books. Even more childish because the only reason this author has as many reads as she does is because she happened to sit by a bigger author at a signing and got a shout out, so if anything she should be grateful she is getting reviews at all. I haven't read this author before, but now I know to actively stay away from ...more
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Dark, raw, violent ... yet soul touching and emotional

A pair of motorcycle boots, size thirteen. A Harley-Davidson T-shirt. A pair of blue jeans ripped in both knees. A black hoodie. A leather wallet containing eighty-five dollars. And a silver necklace with a St. Christopher medallion. “Here is two hundred and fifty dollars, a map, and three condoms. You got someone picking you up?"

These are the opening lines of a book that will devour you, it will eat you alive, your emotions won’t know how
Book Maniac Forever

4.5 "Tortured Soul" Stars
This book... wow! It was so different than what I was expecting, but in a very good way! Poignant, obscure, twisted and riveting this read was difficult to put down. Monica James created an enigmatic, tortured hero in Bull and a fiery heroine in Lily; such multi-faceted protagonists. I found them utterly fascinating! The evolution of these characters throughout the story was incredible.

I personally didn’t find Bullseye that dark! Not in a typical way, anyway! I felt
TheSassyNerdBlog
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-2020-reads
Holy.. fucking... shit.

I am not sure where to begin with this review. I've read this twice now and I'm still sitting here completely speechless and trying to find the right words to say. This book? THIS FUCKING BOOK?... Holy fuck. I knew going into this that the author was about to rip out my soul and eat it for lunch... But I didn't even expect what I got.

Bullseye was something... Oh, fuck was he something. He is the definition of darkness and terror. A depraved animal and bad to the bone.
queen_of_the_books_18
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bloodlust and revenge drive my demons, and all they want to do is cause pain because misery loves company. I want to watch the world burn with me. But the monster inside me has always lingered. It was just waiting for the right moment to slither out of hell.

Ok, breathe. I need to calm the hell down because even though it’s been 2 days since I finished Bullseye, I’ve just been looking back through the 100’s of quotes I highlighted and now I’m all hot and bothered again!

Bull. This man. He is
Kodie Mackay
OKKKKRRRRRRRRR

IMEANWTFACTUALLYJUSTHAPPENED

I feel like every book I read from this author leaves me feeling like I'm a having a nervous breakdown. I'm not even fucking kidding. The emoshhh of it all.

Just saying now this book is a masterpiece. I'm not even going to draw it out because it makes no sense I'll just be straight up and say this book is everything your never knew you needed. Yes there is some triggers in here for those who are sensitive to certain subjects so do your research if
♣Bel♣
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bullseye

Yo, Bull, real talk for a second, you can be my Batman ANY day, k? K.

So this book...

Well let me start by saying I have not read anything by Monica James but word on the street (and by street I mean bookstagram) is, she’s the dark romance queen. And I have to give it to her, she is.

This book was in no way your average bubblegum cookie cutter romance where the heroine ‘saves’ the villian. And I know this because Bull said that.... repeatedly throughout the book. Which btw was
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This dark romance features an unapologetic antihero that experienced a heartbreaking beginning. He grew up too fast after making mistakes that had serious consequences. He’s raw, intense, and bent on revenge.

Lily is a woman marked by a hard lonely life. She’s been at the mercy of the men in her life yet something draws her to Bull.

While the plot had some parts that were predictable and it was quite involved, I liked that the characters were consistent throughout the story. Their prose and
Sue
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark minds, tatted bodies and dangerous personas have always been my catnip, my go-to reads in any books where the "hero" is all of those things. With Bullseye, Monica James has taken me back to experience those same feelings I got when I first read Bad Saint. Bull is one complex dude who started off pretty much as any normal kid, but the universe had other, more insidious ideas about how his life would turn out, and he becomes something that nobody can contain. This book is at once ...more
The Smutbrarians
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Feels 3
Steam 4
Storyline 4
Overall Rating 4
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Stephanie

“It’s as if heaven and hell are fighting their own personal battle, wanting to conquer the other side.”

I love me some Monica James books and her latest one does not disappoint. Bullseye is the first book in The Monsters Within Duet and it’s a mind-blowing mix of all things raw, gritty and twisted. While I personally wouldn’t consider this book super dark, it does walk that line and crossed over into
Karen Mc
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing

That warning though ... only enticed me more!

WARNING: This is the point of no return because now, it’s time you forgo what’s left of your soul.

WOW!!! What a rush! What a read!!! Monica James took my body, heart, and mind on a high-octane dance with danger, dominating me with the beautifully broken BULLSEYE, a book that blasted into me with a force I never saw coming, but one I felt everywhere.

The slow burn of a build-up.
The palpable push and pull.
The thrilling and toe-curling tension.
The
A Book Obsessed Brit
Monica has written another amazing book! Bullseye is a story of revenge and I am so down for reading the journey to watch watch Bull reap it!

The story begins on the day of Bull's release from prison, where he has served the last 15 years for Murder. He finds himself in a small town strip club enamoured with one dancer that he cannot take his eyes off of - Tigerlily. When Bull steps up to intervene with a client getting a little to handsy, he is offered a job as a bouncer for the club. Bull is a
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4.5 / 5 stars

Wow wow wow. Monica James never fails to reel me completely into her stories. Bullseye was different than I imagined it was going to be... I was so pleasantly surprised by this story. It was intriguing, compelling and oh so delicious. Bull won me over... his darkness was all centered on getting revenge for someone he loved and I was rooting for him from the beginning.

Lily was the perfect woman for him... their darkness calls out to one another and when they are alone in the
NativeHippiesBookObsession
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“𝙈𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨𝙣’𝙩 𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚…𝙄 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚.”
This book was so raw, with emotions and the realness of it.
It was a sharp knife that cut through my heart and left jagged scars
behind while the anguish ripped me apart.
The love aspect of this story is slow burning. It’s the definition of being a tease.
It’s like tasting the icing before putting it on the cake. Icings is sooo good, but on the cake..
The story
Laura Petersen
This book... THIS. BOOK.

Okay, so first off, Bullseye is my first Monica James book and I think it’s pretty rude that all y’all just let me go around living like my life was somehow complete without Monica James and her words in it? Like straight up RUDE.

Anyway...

Holy cow. I am obSESSED with Bullseye. This book has everything I love and ticks off ALL of my boxes. It’s dark and gritty, raw, emotional, totally no holds barred. It’s intense. Sexy as sin. It has twists and turns, some of which you
Jessie
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Insane Stars

Marvelous. Wild. Intense. Unputtable down.

description

I received this arc in exchange for an honest review.

What an insane and wild read! I want to thank Monica for finishing this first part without a cliffhanger. However, it does not take away my urge of knowing how this story will end. I can't wait to read it!

Cody, had only one thing in mind. Revenge. At fifteen he lost, heartbreakingly, the most important person in his life. Uff, be prepared to read one of the most heartbreaking parts in
Jessica  MedicoTrongeau
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is NOT a love story. This is a story of violence, rage, revenge, hate, and lust.

There are no words to describe my feelings after reading this book. I have officially felt my soul get ripped away from my body. The angst, the violence, the pain.....its all deep deep in me. I feel it all.

Bull is such a tortured soul, but is he justified in his choices? Is he good? Is he evil?
Tiger Lily is a victim of circumstance and family. Growing up the way she did, with family that she had. Living the
Siobhan (Bookish Vibes)
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Monica James was not kidding when she said this book was dark. The whole thing was intense and had me completely obsessed from the moment I started reading.

This book is violent, gritty, raw and full of so many heart stopping moments that leave you breathless. Bullseye is by no means a 'good guy' but you cannot help but feel for him. Life has not been kind to him and in return he became this hardened, emotionless guy out for revenge. Lily is the good he didn't know he needed in his life. She has
My Introvert Romance Blog
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“This isn’t a story where the heroine changes the villain into a hero.”

WHAT-THE-EVER-LIVING-F*CK— I was so prepared to lose my soul to the devil but it turns out I gave it to him on a sliver platter, on my knees, with a needy look of desperation in my eyes!!

Monica James, hits the target right in the BULLSEYE!! I lost my heart, my sanity, my morals, my panties (ummm yeah... I kinda tossed them out ... tmi?? #sorrybutnotsorry ). OMFG what a truly magical and twisted beast she created in Bull— a
AC Book Blog
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Holy WOW! Must take a minute and collect my jaw from the floor...this author has a dark side and she got this book to prove it - dark, gritty, total mind-f!
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description

Monica James’ Bullseye hit the target! Monica spins a multi-layered dark romance that is dark, gritty, and raw. This book is a cluster-eff (can't say the word) of epic proportions.

Bull (Cody) is a monster, hell-bent on revenge. Tiger (Lilly) is the one woman who tempted his blood lust in an entirely different way. Bull will get his revenge on the animals that hurt his family, but will Tiger turn into emotional collateral damage?

Knowing Monica's storytelling ability, Bullseye is just the
Yours Truly, Diana *The Evil Witch*
Here comes the praise
“My patience ends, I want revenge” In the words of The Payback by James Brown, I PRESENT TO YOU A MASTERPIECE OF DARK ROMANCE
*arc generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Bullseye release date: February 20
Untitled Bullseye BOOK 2 release date: April 30

I'm enjoying this far too much, the handing out of Lana Tropico gifs HAHA
description

"In the smoke they can hear me coming
If you were me, and I was you
I'd get out of my way."

In My Feelings – Lana Del Rey

What
Sofia´s Beddable Reads
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Once again, I'm left speechless.
In fact, I don't think I could form a coherent thought right now, even if you paid me a few million. So... this review might take me a while.

Ok, let's go.

2019 was the year I got introduced to dark romance: I immediately got hooked.
Monica James was the one to pop this metaphorical cherry of mine, like a boss - or should I say - she was the one who kicked down the door and sauntered in like she owned the place. And she did this three consecutive times: each book
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Now Open Your Eyes (Stay with Me, #3)
  • The Sound of Salvation (Deliverance #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Hunter (The Hastings Series #1)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • Keeper
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa #1)
  • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • What Do You Regret? (What Do You, #2)
  • Wicked Dreams (Fallen Royals, #1)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • Credence
  • Releasing Keanu (The Kennedy Boys #8)
Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare, and Emily Dickinson.
When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt, and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers. She draws her inspiration from life.
She is a bestselling author in the U.S.,