Start by marking “One Taste of You” as Want to Read:
One Taste of You

One Taste of You

(A One Taste Novel #1)

From USA Today bestselling author Amanda Siegrist comes an exciting, edge-of-your-seat romantic suspense that also has a bit of humor and lots of love.

One night will never be enough…but a killer has other plans.

One night of glorious bliss.
One night turned into utter humiliation.
Zoe Sullivan doesn't want to see the man who took her for a prostitute ever again. But when her
Kindle Edition
Published September 2019

To ask other readers questions about One Taste of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Taste of You

Start your review of One Taste of You
Jilly
Maybe it was just me.. But I had a hard time with the dialogue in this book. It just didn't seem natural at all. It felt stunted and forced. Like a conversation you would have with your weird cousin whom you are stuck sitting next to at the kid's table during a family dinner after he "accidentally" walked in on you in the bathroom. Awkward much?

It reminded me of a book I read a long time ago where the couple are out on a date and the girl says to the guy, "are you sure you want to go see a
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Sweet book about a couple that meets disastrously. Zeke meets Zoe in a bar, sleeps with her, it's insta-lust, mistakes her for a prostitute and tries to pay her. She obviously doesn't react well and leaves. They didn't exchange names or words really, so he has no way of contacting the lust of his life. One month later while doing detective work at an accounting office, he runs into Zoe. Her employer is dead and Zeke is investigating the homicide. The rest of the plot involves scenarios and ...more
Dianne
Imagine an erotic fantasy, your eyes meet, you are hot, he is hot and you sidle, yes sidle over to him and plant an amazing kiss that promises so much more and he falls, hook, line and sinker. Flash forward to his hotel room, blazing passion, and you have released the siren you know lives deep inside of you…and in the afterglow when you are satisfied, you know you rocked his world and…wait for it…he opens his wallet and offers you payment. Yep, really, can you hear the head on crash happening? ...more
Elle's Book Blog
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Release Date: January 8, 2017
Genre: Romantic Suspense

A romance AND a murder mystery TOGETHER? Yup. Count me in! Amanda Siegrist has developed an original and SEXY novel with One Taste of You and I highly enjoyed this read! It's funny, sweet, and a little bit suspenseful as well. Now I just NEED to see where else she is going to take this series.

Fans of romance with a twist will certainly pair well with this novel. It's got a lot going on but this adds to the overall wellness of the book.
Coco.V
Nov 26, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/26/2017)! ...more
Minx
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017, romance
4.5 stars!

Hilarious, romantic and with a bit of suspense! The opening scene of this book had me laughing out loud! I felt awful for the main character as she had her self-esteem kicked around and after meeting up with Zeke she had round two of an esteem bashing. Zeke is a bit of a fool. I can’t blame him for his choices because Zoe made things really easy on him to draw misassumptions.

There is insta-love in this story but trust me that initially it is one-sided. There is a great comedic flow
Sherry Fundin
A love story we are all familiar with, but Amanda Siegrist throws in a little twist in One Taste of You. Boy dumps girl. Don’t get mad, party. And that’s what Zoe does, meeting her besties for a night out on the town. In walks…

Zeke. He is a homicide detective, who has been recruited to work under cover to bust a pimp. Uh Oh. I think I know where this is going and I think it is going to be a fun ride..

One Taste…that’s all he wants.

Hot and steamy sexual situations. It’s insta lust all right. And
Pallavi Bansod
Oct 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A terrible novel! Feel like I wasted my time reading this one.
The beginning of the story where Zoe meets Zeke is all mysterious and exciting. Mind you this is the only exciting part in the entire novel.
The intense "attraction" and "bond" they feel for each other is so unreal that it made me barf.
Zeke and his partner, Ben, both cops, try to solve the murder of Zoe's boss. The conversations between both of them are portrayed so badly that it feels as if two teenage divas are gossiping and teasing
TDCbookreviews
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amanda-siegrist
When Zoe gets told she has no "sex appeal" by an ex, she goes out with the girls in a dress that she bought on a whim, but is full of sex appeal that she knows she has.
Unfortunately, Zeke has been put on vice that night and is on the lookout for a known prostitute.
At first glance, he mistakes Zoe for the one he is after, and after a big misunderstanding, the one night stand turns into a few chance meetings that has these two pushed together quicker than they expected.

An adorable story that
Lucia
An insta-lust/love romance mixed with a suspense theme after a one night stand mixup

One Taste of You is my first read by Amanda Siegrist and overall I enjoyed the book. It’s an insta-lust/love romance mixed with a suspense theme after a one night stand mixup.

Zeke and Zoe have a somewhat feisty type of relationship after their mistaken identities incident during their one night stand. However, that back and forth they have helps show the connection between them rather than just the steamy side
Jane Blythe
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another interesting ride as you try to figure out who the killer is right along with the hero and heroine, while you watch them get to know one another and fall in love! One of my favourite things about this book was the cast of characters! I love having a cast of great supporting characters, because I'm always hoping that they're going to get their turn in the spotlight, and since there is another book in this series I can't wait to get to know some of these people more intimately as we find ...more
Tammy Crawford
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received this book in a giveaway. Really enjoyed reading this book. The story had mystery, murder, and love. Hard to put down. Can't wait to read the next book in the series. Highly recommend this book. Love Amanda's books!!
Paula Genereau
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my!!! This book was amazing. I loved it. I couldn't put it down. Had me hooked. Too excited to start book 2.
Kelsey Castro
Oct 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had a really hard time finishing this book. The story could have been interesting, but the dialogue was so awkward it was hard to see through. It didn't help that the MC was rather whiny and pathetic, and that her friends coddled her and spoke for her like she was a child instead of a grown woman.

Also, not that this really matters, but "silencers" AKA suppressors don't actually make guns silent. When a gun fires, it's an explosion. It's going to make a pretty significant noise with or without
Lisa
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun to read first book in a new series

Zoe is a young professional who just wants to be loved and get over being dumped cruelly. Zeke is a cop on a special assignment. They meet and everything changes drastically from that moment.
This is a cute, fun murder mystery. I laughed several times of the Zeke/Ben exchanges. They totally sounded like two guys who spend way too much time together.
Baya
This had a great premise but one main thing was an issue:

The writing style SUCKED! It was sooo bad. Couldn't finish.
luayne
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
#3

A very good plot idea. The characters act very childish and the dialogue reminds me of my junior high students.
Energy
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Siegrist warns that this book involves insta-love, and that's exactly what she gave us and more. After one amazing turned botched night, Zeke can't stop thinking about Zoe, he wants to find her, to make it up to her. And even though the man whose name she never got hurt her, she can't stop thinking about him either. So when fate plays her hand and throws these two together, hilarity ensues.
With Zoe's two best friends Rena and Dee are involved, you get a trio of clashing personalities that work
Kristina
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Janet McKale
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Reading!

The first in the series starts off with a bang. Zoe, just dumped by her boyfriend meets her girlfriends for drinks. She wears her sexiest dress. She needs to know that she is desirable. Girlfriends leave and she stays to dance and have fun. Zeke, a homicide cop was talked into doing a vice sting . He was looking for a prostitute belonging to a pimp that was dealing drugs. Sitting at the bar he notices the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Needless to say she was not a
E.P.
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zoe is a good girl out on the town in her hottest red dress, trying to get over a painful breakup. Zeke is an undercover cop working vice who mistakes her for an, ahem, lady of the night. Sparks flare...

"One Taste of You" is a spicy insta-love book with a murder mystery in the background. If you are into that kind of thing, then chances are you will enjoy this book, as it is in turns sexy, zany, and suspenseful. If you are not into that kind of thing, then you will almost certainly not enjoy the
Teri
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zoe had a bad day. OK screw that her day went from bad, to sucking balls, to amazing, to an epic fubar all in one night. Sucking it up doesn't help when she not only finds out who he is but gets caught up in a murder. I love the way this author spins a story and in this case kept it pretty clean on the graphic details of intimate moments which to me makes it so much better. While this two are pure chemistry and passion there's a great story here and a great supporting cast. With plenty of twist ...more
Elle
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lord have mercy, this book had me laughing, cringing and smiling in triumph as the characters in this book took me on a ride that only Amanda Siegrist could write.

One Taste of You follows characters Zoe and Zeke on an adventure of insta lust, mystery and groveling. Zeke is a sexy idiot who makes the mistake of a lifetime when he mistakes Zoe for a prostitute.... After he sleeps with her !!!! Zeke has a hell of a time coming back from that but a series of mysterious events lead him back to Zoe
PLP
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful, funny book. Loved it!

After reading the synopsis, I knew I had to read this book. And it was fantastic. A protective, caring hero. A beautiful, sweet heroine. They were made for each other once you got over how they met.

The author added two BFFs for our heroine; wish they were mine.

This was definitely an ensemble cast and I hope they get their own books.

This was both a romance and a mystery. Both were compelling. The romance was sweet but had its moments of misunderstandings, etc.
Natalie
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I recieved a free copy and now I'm leaving a voluntary review.

This is a romantic suspense read which I was disappointed in.

It mostly focuses on the romance which was insta-lust turned love.

The little suspense there was good but it didn't grip me like I wanted it to.

Some parts felt repetitive and by halfway through I was struggling to read it.
Sandra Loves Reading
This is a really fun read.
Zeke thinks Zoe is a prostitute after they meet.
When her boss is murdered, Zeke is the detective sent to investigate. There are great scenes between Zeke and his partner Ben, you can tell they spend a lot of time at work together!
Zoe really just wants to be loved and once Zeke has grovelled enough the romance heats up.
Victoria Sturlini
REALLY CUTE STORY!!!

This was a delightful story. If you enjoy something light and breezy with lots of romance and some suspense but nothing heavy this book is for you! The characters are very likeable and they will definitely catch your interest. Light, easy read... With a satisfying ending!
Jennifer Crutchfield
Short sweet book one of series. Can be read as stand-alone no cliffhanger. Strong secondary characters that make you want to continue reading the series to find out more about them. Insta-love after major misunderstanding. Little suspense with this sweet romance. I loved how loving Zeke and his parents were to Zoe.
Claire M
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read. Romance, love and mystery

He mistakes her for a hooker but then can't forget her.
Zeke and Zoe have a slightly strained relationship at the start.
Her boss turns up dead then someone is after her! Will Zeke find them in time?
This is a great read, can't wait for the next book. And to see if anything happens with Rina and Ben
Brittany
I enjoyed the plot of this story. I liked the side characters more than the main ones. The dialogue was awful. It was forced and corny. I want to continue the series because, as I said, I did enjoy the other characters. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

• Building Bridges (Bridges Brothers, #1)
  • Cracked Sapphire
  • Tangled IN LIES (IN YOU, #3)
  • Overdue for Love (Long Valley, #3.5)
  • Ransom (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team #1)
  • Protecting The Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #7)
  • Two (Count to Ten #2)
  • Wrong Side of Wright
  • Our Time (Baytown Boys #11)
  • Three (Count to Ten #3)
  • Winning Her Affection (Thirty-Something in the City: The Coopers, #3)
  • Top Notch (Man on Top #1)
  • All My Loves
  • Four (Count to Ten #4)
  • Always a Suspect (Task Force Eagle, #0.5)
  • Loving Deep (Steele Ridge, #4)
  • A Little Bit Cupid (A collection of short stories)
  • No Angel (Louisiana Lawmen Book 3)
I’m a USA Today Bestselling Author that loves to write sweet contemporary romance and romantic suspense novels, although I am partial to romantic suspense. Honestly, I love anything that has to do with romance. As long as there's a happy ending, I'm a happy camper. And insta-love…yes, please! I love baseball (Go Twins!) and creating awesome crafts. I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal ...more

A One Taste Novel (5 books)
  • One Taste of Love
  • One Taste of Crazy
  • One Taste of Sin
  • One Taste of Redemption (One Taste, #5)