Start by marking “The Trial of Joe Harlan Junior (Talion prequel)” as Want to Read:
The Trial of Joe Harlan Junior (Talion prequel)

The Trial of Joe Harlan Junior (Talion prequel)

What would you do if the law failed you?

The college Halloween party was supposed to be a night of fun, dress up and laughter, but for Kristy Wise, it quickly became a night of horror.

Read the story. Witness the testimony.

Is everything that comes after justified?

YOU decide.

THE TRIAL OF JOE HARLAN JUNIOR IS THE PREQUEL NOVELLA TO J.K. FRANKO'S SHOCKING THRILLER, EYE FOR EY
Published October 26th 2019 by Talion Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Trial of Joe Harlan Junior, please sign up.
J.K. Franko Hello Sandra. Sorry so slow responding. I just saw this. If you email me your address at jk@jkfranko.com I will send you a signed hard copy by mail ne…moreHello Sandra. Sorry so slow responding. I just saw this. If you email me your address at jk@jkfranko.com I will send you a signed hard copy by mail next time I go to the post. Thanks for your patience!(less)

Start your review of The Trial of Joe Harlan Junior (Talion prequel)
David Morgan
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great prequel to a great series!
I came to this after reading Eye for Eye and loved digging deeper into one of the plots and driving forces of the series. Written primarily as a trial transcript, this very short novela sets up the events of the first book very well. It doesn't much matter if you read this before or after the first book. I highly recommend this series as a whole.
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'd like to start off by saying that I think the marketing for this novella, and the series to follow, has been brilliantly done. The book more than lives up to the hype. The trial report is clear and concise, in keeping with real procedure in a court of law. Franko's writing engages the reader from the first page and accurately conveys the frustration (and often devastation) caused by the judicial system. I flew through it and found the subject matter intriguing and current. I can't wait to rea ...more
Una Bērziņa
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
What even is this. Feels like an awkward mess, and the ending story about the dog was highly unnecessary. The excerpt from “Eye For Eye” was definitely more compelling than this novella.
Justin
Apr 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
Pretty quick read that sets up a new series. Majority of it is a court transcript. I am interested to see where it goes from here.
Cheryl
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-read
This is how and when it all began. The outcome of this case set everything in motion that caused upstanding individuals to take justice, and revenge, into their own hands and become murderers.

This was a quick read. The majority was the transcript of the court proceedings and the outcome. I did feel that I was in that jury box but I'm still not sure what my verdict would have been. But then I might not have seen the silent, instantaneous reaction that the defendant gave to the victim. Would that
Eloise Robbertze
The Trial of Joe Harlan Junior by JK Franko is an interesting prequel, introducing us to what promises to be a fascinating series (Talion Series).

It’s written mostly as a trial transcript. It’s very brief, introducing the crime, the jury decision and the main characters. It’s an intriguing story that has me hooked enough to read the first book of the series.

#netgalley #thetrialofjoeharlanjunior #jkfranko #talionpublishing
Kath
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the prequel to Eye for Eye which has already been released. I have not read that but it is now on my TBR after reading this book. Not sure the order matters. Only time will tell...
This book details the trial of one Joe Harlan Jnr, accused of a most heinous crime. We follow what happened through a trial report which basically puts both sides and that of a witness on display. There is also some multimedia that you can follow but I can't comment on that as it was not available to me when I
Paula Ruiz
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap! What a great prequel. I had already read Eye for Eye when I got The Trial, so I was familiar with the characters—I thought. What a great surprise to find out more about the villain, and understand better the details of his "alleged" crime. Also, loved the insight the story provides into Kristy Wise. I really felt for her, I hope she returns in Books 2 and 3. And the trial itself seemed so realistic, I can't wait to watch the video! ...more
Selina
Firstly I didn’t knew that this was a prequel. And I didn’t even know about the other book.
So anyways this book was interesting.
I’m curious about the next book. I’m surely going to read the other book.
The authors writing is simple yet interesting.

Note: I received a free e-copy of the book via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. Special thanks to the author and publisher for giving me a chance to read it.
Raquel Cordon
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story. A very quick read, but so very gripping. I read Eye for Eye and this adds more color to the already fascinating characters! Highly recommend! ...more
Coco
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love characters with depth, and a foreboding set up, this prequel is fantastic! The trial is sooo realistic! Having seen how the whole trilogy started, I am really excited for read more books in this series!
Denice Langley
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short novella that you'd swear was nonfiction true crime! Instead it's the prequel to a series, If this is the prequel, I can't wait to read the series!!
Steven McCann
Oct 27, 2020
Steve Field
Nov 03, 2019
Joan Bartel
rated it did not like it
Aug 27, 2020
Jodie Cook
Sep 05, 2020

• Murder, Forgotten
  • Elsewhere
  • God Save the Spy (Operation TINKER #1)
  • Saving Grace: A Psychological Thriller
  • Her Biggest Fan
  • Dirty Liar: A Gripping Psychological Thriller
  • Anything For You: A Gripping Psychological Thriller
  • When I Was You
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • Weather
  • Follow You: A Gripping Psychological Thriller That Will Have You At The Edge Of Your Seat (Cole Baxter Author Bundle Book 2)
  • The Other People
  • The Widow's Cabin
I grew up in Texas in the seventies, and although I really wanted to go into writing and film from an early age, my parents (Cuban-American) were NOT on board.

They believed there were only three acceptable career paths for a male child: doctor, lawyer, and architect.

After a disastrous first year of college pre-Med (too much fun, not enough study), I ended up getting a BA in philosophy (not accept