Start by marking “Priestess of Truth (Forgotten Gods, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Priestess of Truth (Forgotten Gods, #1.5)

Priestess of Truth

(Forgotten Gods #1.5)

Priestess, Edrice, never gave too much thought about when she'd find her soulmate. Until she goes to a local fair and meets a tarot reader who reveals she's already met the Leo who'd complete her life. Her thoughts turn to High Priest and lion-shifter, Menefer, but can she give in to them?

Can a matchmaking goddess and a tarot reader convince Edrice to follow her heart?
Published August 15th 2019 by Drowlgon Press (first published July 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Priestess of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Priestess of Truth

Start your review of Priestess of Truth (Forgotten Gods, #1.5)
Coco.V
Aug 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/27/2019)! 🎁
Ayşe Işıl
It was quite short really but amazing regardless.
T.
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5

I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review. I have said this before in other reviews, I always give honest reviews whether people appreciate them or not.

This story begins with the priestesses of Ma'at, the Ancient Egyptian goddess of truth, justice, harmony, and balance, leaving the temple to go to a traveling fair. Edrice decides to go to a tarot reader. The reader gives her a good reading about finding her soulmate. She hasnt exactly been looking for one, but the
Donna
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This short story follows Edrice, one of the Priestesses in Maat's temple (who is seen again during Daughter of the Sun). It's a great story, and it's nice to see Edrice have a happy ending - and funny to see Maat weaving her way through it too! My only note overall (other than editing issues)? I read this in the Forgotten Gods: Complete Series boxset, and it should be placed after Daughter of the Sun in there, as it references events in that story so acts as a spoiler! Otherwise, highly ...more
Felicia
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Priestess of Truth by Laura Greenwood is a Zodiac Shifters Paranormal Romance. This is a bonus short story in the Forgotten Gods Series that can be read as a stand-alone. I absolutely love Laura's books because they always leave me with a smile on my face. I am really enjoying her twist on Egyptian Mythology. I can't wait to dive into the next book in the series Daughter of the Sun.
Anna Meyer
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Background of 2 demigods

I feel like this short was a lot of background. It wasnt like other stories, filled with conflict and resolution. But two demigods were linked together for life. I havent read any of the other books in this series, but I would guess these characters are prevalent. And I always enjoy a happy ending!
Shannon Risdon
Quick and so good

Another great read by one of my favorite authors. Yes, it's a short story, but it still has all of the detail, characters and romance that you expect from Laura! A complete story that will hold your attention all the way through!!
Michelle Fritz PA
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting short story! I was quickly engrossed and loved the pacing. Egyptian beings are terribly fascinating and the way in which Ms. Greenwood gives them breath is refreshing and delightful! I loved the two main characters! They were very sweetly matched. This has a hint of intrigue and spice! I love this world that has been created, reading the thoughts and feelings and the dramas behind long ago history is highly entertaining!
Tera Comer
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A great introduction to this wonderful series!! This is a perfect short book to read during a lunch break.
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Demi-goddess and Priestess Edrice was not looking for a soulmate when she went to the travelling fair based on the excited tales of the other priestesses of the Egyptian goddess Ma'at, goddess of truth, justice, harmony, and balance. The fun and excitement drew them all in. With this being her first time ever to such a fair, Edrice decides to visit a tarot reader and walks right into the hard chest of a man. They recognized each other from the temple, but didnt exchange names and just walked on ...more
Phoebe
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Edrice is asked to be an emissary for the Goddess of Justice, but will she be distracted by her personal doubts?

Edrice has been moving quietly behind-the-scenes for awhile now when she is summoned in front of the Goddess of Justice. She is asked to deliver a gift on the Goddess behalf. On this journey she is told to keep her heart open and true.

The only enemy Edrice has is herself as she is immediately presented with one of her biggest obstacles: love.

Laura Greenwood gives us an innocent love
Tanya
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She is a princess who has not given much thought to her soul mate so when she see a priestess she is in for a surprise. She is told she has met her soul mate already so she thinks of two. Can she be persuaded to follow her heart? See if she can

Buttercup1201
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick short story on Menefer and Edrice. Edrice is a Priestess who didn't think she would ever find her soulmate. She runs into Menefer, a shiftier and wonders if this is the one for her. With the help of 2 people, Edrice opens up heart to the possibility of finding her "one".

This is a wonderful introduce to the series. Loved the quick read.

Nina Campbell
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Priestess of Truth by Laura Greenwood is a short story that is A Forgotten Gods Prequel. In this prequel, two people in service to the Egyptian Gods meet and are destined to be together. This is their story. Be aware is just an introduction to the Forgotten Gods series not a complete book. Even though this is very short read I found it to be a quick fun read that is short, sweet, and entertaining. Priestess of Truth is a sweet short story of fated love.
Anne Dwyer
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edrice has been in Ma'at's service for a long time,. and didnt think much about love and a soul mate until a tarot reader told her that she would meet a Leo, on water. Ma'at sends her on a mission on the Nile, and she meets Menefer - can he be the one, and can their Gods and the tarot reader be working together? A beautiful, short love story - Laura never disappoints!

Michelle
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, booksprout-arc, 2019
Priestess of Truth is a quick read and the prequel to the Forgotten Gods series. After reading this prequel I am definitely intrigued and looking forward to reading the rest of the series and finding out more about all of the characters. This is a well written, short story with interesting characters and a great intro to a magical series.
Erin
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute short story start to bring you into the world and looking forward to the story to learn more about the characters introduced here. Hardest part for Edrice is following her heart and not her head. Looking forward to what happens in the series.
Shweta
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a surprise coming from Laura Greenwood.

Not only was this book super short, it was also totally free of the magical twists and turns and drama that is associated with Laura Greenwood series. I wish it had been longer though. The book ends before it starts.

Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
This is a perfect prequel to this series. It left me wanting more. I only wish there would have been one steamy scene between the characters but I can see how it will just cause you to want to read the stories coming next. Short and sweet and now I will be picking up the rest.

Scarolet Ellis
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Priestess of Truth: A Forgotten Gods Prequel by Laura Greenwood is a wonderful story that I have read. I loved reading this wonderful short story so much. I highly recommend this wonderful story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romance.

Ann Holden
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is a truly short story, not much story and not much about the characters. Most disappointing for me was not only the length, but it ended at 60-65% leaving a lot of promotion for the author at the end. I normally dont mind it but given the brevity of the book, I found it excessive.

Elvira
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome start to what is going to be a great series. The author does a great job of developing the characters and the storyline. Cant wait for the next book.

Christina Luberts
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you only have a half hour to read, guarantee you can finish this story. This Prequel gives you insight to Priestess Edrice and to Menefer the Hight Priest and lion shifter. How Their story began.

Tayra Sanders
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great read. I thought the story was very well written and flowed well. The story kept me glued to the pages to see how everything would turn out. I loved the characters and had this read in one sitting. I would highly recommend this read.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edrice the priestess has to go on a journey to meet her soul mate Menefer the high priest and hes a lion shifter. Interesting quick read.

DMA
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very short read but was a nice introduction to characters and the setting. I will be interested to read the main series.

Krissy
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a way to find out about your soul mate! By a Tarot card reading! The fact you have already met him is surprising!! Wonderful book!

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Trina
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really should be 3 stars as there is not much to it. I know this is a prequel, but it was miles too short. It was just getting started and then it was finished.

Agata Jędrzejewska
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This very very short story telling us how two meant to be together demi-gods did meet and did believe in each other and being together. It was nice.

• Feline The Heat (The Firehouse Feline, #1)
  • Below the Baubles (Seven Wardens #5.5)
  • The Earl’s Dangerous Passion
  • Dungari Reclaim (Alien Alphas of Pilathna, #2)
  • Dungari Rise (Alien Alphas of Pilathna, #1)
  • Gram Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #3)
  • Inferno (Fortuna Academy, #3)
  • Magic Unchained (Half-Blood Academy, #4)
  • Rogue Skies
  • Lawless (Steel Demons MC #1)
  • The Patsy's Patsy: Witch's Kitchen Book 3
  • Dragon Guardian of Land (Alphas & Alchemy: Elemental Shifters, #1)
  • Taken (Enchanted Foxes, #3)
  • The Alien Reindeer's Christmas Miracle (A Winter Starr Book 12)
  • War of the Gods Complete Series Boxed Set (War of the Gods, #1-4)
  • Five Mafia Captors' Virgin (Love by Numbers, #4)
  • Untamed Magic (Academy of the Elites, #1)
  • Tactics and Tails (The Protectors Quick Bites, #6)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and contemporary romance. When she's not writing, she can be found drinking ridiculous amounts of tea, trying to resist French Macaroons, and watching the Pitch Perfect trilogy for the hundredth time (at least!)

You can check out Laura's Website here:
www.authorlauragreenwood.co.uk

Join her mailing list here:

Forgotten Gods (3 books)
  • Protectors of Poison: Scorpio (Forgotten Gods, #1)
  • Daughter of the Sun (Forgotten Gods #2)
  • Servant of Chaos (Forgotten Gods, #3)