Start by marking “Priestess of Truth (Forgotten Gods, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Priestess of Truth (Forgotten Gods, #1.5)

Priestess of Truth

(Forgotten Gods #4.5)

Librarian note: Older cover of B07WH3LYTB.

Priestess, Edrice, never gave too much thought about when she'd find her soulmate. Until she goes to a local fair and meets a tarot reader who reveals she's already met the Leo who'd complete her life. Her thoughts turn to High Priest and lion-shifter, Menefer, but can she give in to them?

Can a matchmaking goddess and a tarot rea
Published August 15th 2019 by Drowlgon Press (first published July 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Priestess of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Priestess of Truth

Start your review of Priestess of Truth (Forgotten Gods, #1.5)
Coco.V
Aug 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/27/2019)! 🎁
Ayşe Işıl
It was quite short really but amazing regardless.
Mya
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely short story. I only wished that the plot was flush out anymore.
Renée
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Priestess of Truth is a beautiful short story following one of Ma’at’s priestesses - Edrice and her journey for love.
I can’t wait to read more from Laura Greenwood’s Zodiac Shifters world. I highly recommend Priestess of Truth, as well as the Protectors of Poison which is set in the same world.
Petrina Binney
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely route in to what promises to be an exciting series. This is the first time I have read this author and I wasn't disappointed. The opening consists of an introduction to the ancient Egyptian figures (who they are to each other, what they represent) and includes a brilliant 'A-ha' moment, where the author explains how the gods and goddesses of the ancient world are often described as family, but some of these relationships aren't strictly speaking familial so much as soul-connections.

The
T.
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5

I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review. I have said this before in other reviews, I always give honest reviews whether people appreciate them or not.

This story begins with the priestesses of Ma'at, the Ancient Egyptian goddess of truth, justice, harmony, and balance, leaving the temple to go to a traveling fair. Edrice decides to go to a tarot reader. The reader gives her a good reading about finding her soulmate. She hasn’t exactly been looking for one, but the read
Donna
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This short story follows Edrice, one of the Priestesses in Maat's temple (who is seen again during Daughter of the Sun). It's a great story, and it's nice to see Edrice have a happy ending - and funny to see Maat weaving her way through it too! My only note overall (other than editing issues)? I read this in the Forgotten Gods: Complete Series boxset, and it should be placed after Daughter of the Sun in there, as it references events in that story so acts as a spoiler! Otherwise, highly recommen ...more
Felicia
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Priestess of Truth by Laura Greenwood is a Zodiac Shifters Paranormal Romance. This is a bonus short story in the Forgotten Gods Series that can be read as a stand-alone. I absolutely love Laura's books because they always leave me with a smile on my face. I am really enjoying her twist on Egyptian Mythology. I can't wait to dive into the next book in the series Daughter of the Sun. ...more
Anna Meyer
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Background of 2 demigods

I feel like this short was a lot of background. It wasn’t like other stories, filled with conflict and resolution. But two demigods were linked together for life. I haven’t read any of the other books in this series, but I would guess these characters are prevalent. And I always enjoy a happy ending!
Shannon Risdon
Quick and so good

Another great read by one of my favorite authors. Yes, it's a short story, but it still has all of the detail, characters and romance that you expect from Laura! A complete story that will hold your attention all the way through!!
Georgina Parkin
May 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2020
Didn’t like the writing and ended at 68%
There wasn’t any ‘story’ just that she met someone and that they kissed and were allowed to marry. I kept expecting something to happen, but it never did. There was no point to it at all.
Lynn
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-owned
Wow that was a quick read. I know it was a novella but a little more time with the characters would have been good.
Courtney
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet
Richard Goodrum
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great little story about following your heart and finding love.

Easy-to-read. Entertaining. Happily Ever After. Page-turner. Romantic. Whimsical. Wonderful characters.
Anjedah / bookriot_awesomeyou
Lovely book , about tarot reader, egyptian god , godess , lion shape shifter and demi god and goddess.
Michelle Fritz PA
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting short story! I was quickly engrossed and loved the pacing. Egyptian beings are terribly fascinating and the way in which Ms. Greenwood gives them breath is refreshing and delightful! I loved the two main characters! They were very sweetly matched. This has a hint of intrigue and spice! I love this world that has been created, reading the thoughts and feelings and the dramas behind long ago history is highly entertaining!
Tera Comer
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A great introduction to this wonderful series!! This is a perfect short book to read during a lunch break.
Emily Pennington
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Demi-goddess and Priestess Edrice was not looking for a soulmate when she went to the travelling fair based on the excited tales of the other priestesses of the Egyptian goddess Ma'at, goddess of truth, justice, harmony, and balance. The fun and excitement drew them all in. With this being her first time ever to such a fair, Edrice decides to visit a tarot reader and walks right into the hard chest of a man. They recognized each other from the temple, but didn’t exchange names and just walked on ...more
Phoebe
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Edrice is asked to be an emissary for the Goddess of Justice, but will she be distracted by her personal doubts?

Edrice has been moving quietly behind-the-scenes for awhile now when she is summoned in front of the Goddess of Justice. She is asked to deliver a gift on the Goddess’ behalf. On this journey she is told to keep her heart open and true.

The only enemy Edrice has is herself as she is immediately presented with one of her biggest obstacles: love.

Laura Greenwood gives us an innocent love s
Tanya
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She is a princess who has not given much thought to her soul mate so when she see a priestess she is in for a surprise. She is told she has met her soul mate already so she thinks of two. Can she be persuaded to follow her heart? See if she can

Anne Dwyer
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edrice has been in Ma'at's service for a long time,. and didnt think much about love and a soul mate until a tarot reader told her that she would meet a Leo, on water. Ma'at sends her on a mission on the Nile, and she meets Menefer - can he be the one, and can their Gods and the tarot reader be working together? A beautiful, short love story - Laura never disappoints!

Buttercup1201
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick short story on Menefer and Edrice. Edrice is a Priestess who didn't think she would ever find her soulmate. She runs into Menefer, a shiftier and wonders if this is the one for her. With the help of 2 people, Edrice opens up heart to the possibility of finding her "one".

This is a wonderful introduce to the series. Loved the quick read.

Nina Campbell
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Priestess of Truth by Laura Greenwood is a short story that is A Forgotten Gods Prequel. In this prequel, two people in service to the Egyptian Gods meet and are destined to be together. This is their story. Be aware is just an introduction to the Forgotten Gods series not a complete book. Even though this is very short read I found it to be a quick fun read that is short, sweet, and entertaining. Priestess of Truth is a sweet short story of fated love.
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
This is a perfect prequel to this series. It left me wanting more. I only wish there would have been one steamy scene between the characters but I can see how it will just cause you to want to read the stories coming next. Short and sweet and now I will be picking up the rest.

Erin
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute short story start to bring you into the world and looking forward to the story to learn more about the characters introduced here. Hardest part for Edrice is following her heart and not her head. Looking forward to what happens in the series.
Ann Holden
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is a truly short story, not much story and not much about the characters. Most disappointing for me was not only the length, but it ended at 60-65% leaving a lot of promotion for the author at the end. I normally don’t mind it but given the brevity of the book, I found it excessive.

Michelle
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, booksprout-arc
Priestess of Truth is a quick read and the prequel to the Forgotten Gods series. After reading this prequel I am definitely intrigued and looking forward to reading the rest of the series and finding out more about all of the characters. This is a well written, short story with interesting characters and a great intro to a magical series.
Scarolet Ellis
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Priestess of Truth: A Forgotten Gods Prequel by Laura Greenwood is a wonderful story that I have read. I loved reading this wonderful short story so much. I highly recommend this wonderful story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romance.

Shweta
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a surprise coming from Laura Greenwood.

Not only was this book super short, it was also totally free of the magical twists and turns and drama that is associated with Laura Greenwood series. I wish it had been longer though. The book ends before it starts.

• The Earl’s Dangerous Passion
  • Dungari Reclaim (Alien Alphas of Pilathna #2)
  • Dungari Rise (Alien Alphas of Pilathna #1)
  • Inferno (Fortuna Academy, #3)
  • Rogue Skies
  • Lawless (Steel Demons MC #1)
  • The Patsy's Patsy: Witch's Kitchen Book 3
  • Dragon Guardian of Land
  • Taken (Enchanted Foxes, #3)
  • The Glow of the Dragon's Heart (Harem of Fire, #0.5)
  • The Alien Reindeer's Christmas Miracle (A Winter Starr, #12)
  • Five Mafia Captors' Virgin (Love by Numbers, #4)
  • Tactics and Tails (The Protectors Quick Bites, #6)
  • Bear-ly Pregnant (Bear-ly, #4)
  • First Christmas (Sigil Fire, #4)
  • All The Demons (Angel Academy #3)
  • Her Vampire Mates
  • Crimson Kisses (Zodiac Shifters #47.5)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and urban fantasy romance (though she can occasionally be found writing contemporary romance). When she's not writing, she drinks a lot of tea, tries to resist French macarons, and works towards a diploma in Egyptology. She lives in the UK, where most of her books are set.

You can check out Laura's Website here:
www.authorlauragreenwo

Forgotten Gods (6 books)
  • Protectors of Poison (Forgotten Gods, #1)
  • Daughter of the Sun (Forgotten Gods, #2)
  • Servant of Chaos (Forgotten Gods, #3)
  • Devourer of Hearts (Forgotten Gods, #4)
  • Acolyte of Truth (Forgotten Gods, #5)
  • Empress of the Dark (Forgotten Gods, #6)

News & Interviews