Start by marking “The Coincidence Makers” as Want to Read:
The Coincidence Makers

The Coincidence Makers

In THE COINCIDENCE MAKERS, by Meradeth Houston, as far as Ami’s concerned, invisibility is good for three things: bank vaults, men’s locker rooms, and saving the world.

For Ami and her partner, Luke, becoming invisible is part of their job. Their mysterious employer assigns them to make “coincidences” happen, from reuniting long lost lovers to toppling empires. For their ne
Paperback
Published 2019 by Bleeding Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Coincidence Makers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Coincidence Makers

Start your review of The Coincidence Makers
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Coincidence Makers is a unique and thrilling read! I highly enjoyed this book. There’s a perfect balance of action, mystery, and a bit of romance. The story had me engaged the whole time. Finished this bad boy in one sitting. I like the author’s twist on a “higher” power. LOVE that there’s a character named Laura. Not at all biased. I can tell the author has grown in her writing and I’m always happy to see that. I give this 5 stars.
Stephenee
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book by author Meradeth Houston that I have read and I didn't think that it was possible for me to love this book more than the first one, but I did!! This book was one of my favorite reads so far this year! I loved the characters, the setting, the plot and most of all the theory behind the plot.

This book brings us Ami and Luke and a world where coincidences happen for a reason...I never really stopped to think about how the little things all just fall into place sometimes, bu
Nicky Maunder
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bleeding-ink
You know those times when a coincidence happens and you get that feeling that there’s something more behind it? That it doesn’t feel like it just happened by chance? Well trust that feeling. Ami and Luke are ‘coincidence makers’ - they help make things happen Maybe you can’t find your keys and miss you bus and then you meet your true love, or someone bumps into you that makes you drop your bag so you don’t step onto that crossing and miss being hit by a speeding car. It’s all down to them. They’ ...more
Kalli Bunch
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so amazing! I have never read such a unique, fresh, and fascinating take on fate and how it works. This story gives an interesting behind-the-scenes view of how a string of what seems to be nothing more than coincidences can change the course of a person's life, change the path society is on, or change how History may have turned out. I loved it!
Cath
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic and somewhat futuristic read, with two main characters, Ami and Luke, who have worked together for thousands of years, making coincidences happen. It could be a simple nudge to get two people to meet, or to help find a long lost item or relative, to something much more complex and for empires to topple. They don’t know who they get their visions of the events they are to work on, from and they have no idea as to why of anyone, were chosen to do the job they do. They are immor ...more
Travis Poole
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good story once I actually knew what was going on. I tend to forget blurbs or intentionally ignore them since some like to give too much story away. The two main characters, Luke and Ami, are immortals on a mission. They can communicate telepathically and are able to become invisible. They have lived centuries and their jobs are to make coincidences happen. An example would be to make sure two people accidentally meet so they can become a couple. Those are the typical easy jobs ...more
Luong Trung
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coincidence is not true coincidence and almost powers behind the screen; Ami and Luke are tasked to saving the world by preventing the causes.

It's different from my reading type - a long time after reading Harry Porter - and very interesting events to urge about finding a root-cause and they almost have a lot of the causes (maybe some root cause) with (a tiny) effect somewhere.

Tristan Burbridge
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story line and character work were good. The book had a fairly smooth flow to it. This was an interesting concept and I was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end.

Courtney Pate
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was in love with this unique, action packed story!

Imagine coincidences weren’t really coincidences. What if there were people working behind the scenes? Supernatural beings that ensured you met the love of your life, found your keys, or got your dream job. What if they were tasked with saving the world?

I quickly fell in love with Ami and Luke and their will-they-won’t-they love story. I am a sucker for friends to lovers troupe so I adored that aspect.

Ami and Luke are tasked with saving the
Katy Rose
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have never read anything quite like this! I loved the different perspective on a ripple effect that consequences have! I could not put this down! Just the little bit of romance was an amazingly well written part. I can not wait to reead more by this author. I hope she tackles other unique stories like this one!
Kira
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would love to see this become a movie or television series. Ami and Luke are interesting and this is such a unique story line. There was suspense and romantic tension and loads of intrigue.
Nicole Cruz
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great break from my regular genre. A little romance, a little sci-fi and nice action and speculation throughout. It was well worth the risk to try it!
Christine Rains
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As almost an immortal, Ami's and her partner, Luke's job is to make coincidences happen that avoid horrible things. Sometimes these are very small things, but other times, like this new job, they're immensely big things. They must stop a bio-terrorism attack and do it from only a few images they get in their minds. Something about this job feels off, though, and Ami can't put her finger on it. With the FBI involved and local law enforcement, things get tangled fast, and it doesn't help that cent ...more
Kaitlyn E.
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was a step out of my comfort zone and I’m really glad I gave it a chance! Almost immediately, I was drawn to both the storyline and Ami & Luke. The concept of supernatural beings behind what we call “Fate” who ensure certain things happen (like meeting your soulmate or being late to work & avoiding a car wreck) is intriguing and Meradeth does a wonderful job of exploring the possibilities of “what if?” in this book. Would definitely recommend as a must read book for 2020. ...more
Judy Graham
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. I truly enjoyed it.
Suspense, mystery, love & romance.
This book had me holding my breathe waiting to see what was happening next.
It was so good!
Will definitely be reading another book by Meradeth Houston.
Michael Franklin
Dana
Shannon
Kaitlyn
Nov 14, 2019

• Lost Boy (The Neverland Transmissions, #2)
  • Second Star (Neverland Transmissions, #1)
  • A Spectacle of Souls (Circus of the Stolen, #1)
  • Screaming Beauty (Tales from the Poisoned Apple, #2)
  • Never Have I Ever
  • The Rumour
  • Lilith
  • Pricked (Tales from the Poisoned Apple, #1)
  • Life in Neverland (Neverland Trilogy, #3)
  • Apocalyptic Moon
  • Inside
  • The Legislator's Lover (The House of Kaimar #4)
  • In Love with a Shadow (Reaper’s Daughter #1)
  • The Wife Lie
  • Forgotten Magic (Magic Underground Anthologies, #3)
  • Carson Cove Sandals Boxset Kelli Callahan
  • Gavin (Stryker County PD #1)
  • Make Me Yours (Bayshore #3)
Meradeth Houston lives in Montana where she’s an anthropology professor and scientist. If you let her, she’ll tell you more than you ever wanted to know about getting DNA out of dead stuff. She enjoys escaping the snow by imagining herself back in her favorite places in her home state of California, with a little drama or supernatural flare added in.

News & Interviews