Start by marking “Through His Eyes” as Want to Read:
Through His Eyes

Through His Eyes

Meera Bhatt's upbringing had been outsourced ever since she was born. Through his Eyes is a narration of her journey from a toddler to an adult. She reflects on how her helper taught her to distinguish between right and wrong without speaking a single word.

Did she get lost in translation amidst his guidance?
Or did she find her way out to be a mature young adult?
Published December 10th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

Start your review of Through His Eyes
Vivek Sarin
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A brief narrative that gives us a sneak peek into the life of a young girl, 'Through his Eyes' very succinctly portrays the protagonist Meera as she learns to gauge her world through her guardian's eyes. The unconventional plot makes it an interesting read to start with and the storyline seamlessly weaves in the necessity of inculcating good core values in a world that is growing increasingly selfish.
Overall the short story makes a delightful read!!
Charli Mills
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruchira Khanna writes contemporary fiction that examines the choices characters have made in their lives. In this short story, the protagonist has the opportunity to reflect on her life and how the silence of a man assigned to be her driver for school taught her values through his eyes. She has been away from home at college and is bringing home a special someone. She waits to see her Dada's reaction and approval. I found this book to be a quick and compelling read. It's an original story idea. ...more
Ruchi Singh
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'Through His Eyes' is a lovely, emotional short story.
Fluently narrated, it brings out the best side of the human nature and relationships.
Angela Peixoto
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very beautiful story of love given to a little rich girl by the babysitter and the driver that substituted her parents whom could give her evrything except their love and attention. A very endearing short read but highly recommended.
Sudesna Ghosh
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful short story that takes the readers through a sea of emotions. The author reminds us that relationships can be so precious and beautiful even if the connection is not by blood.
Sadhana Wadhwa
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Love and true affection have myriad forms. It doesn’t know or gets limited to the relations of blood but can blossom between two unknown souls too. Through his eyes is one such short story which ably portrayed the bond between the protagonist Meera and her “Dada” & “Tai”. A cozy example of silence can sometimes be the loudest, it quickly engulfs you in its warmth and leaves you with a nice feeling. Though I felt the story to be too short and Dada’s character could’ve been delved upon just a litt ...more
A.
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Through His Eyes is a sweet, heart touching story of a Meera's life journey. A child usually looks up to his/her parents for support and encouragement. But in recent times, with hectic lifestyles and work pressure, these roles are mostly taken over by their trusted house helps.

In this story too Meera looks up to her nanny and her driver who act as her guardians. But the way author Ruchira has framed the plot is noteworthy. I loved reading this unique story which describes human emotions and beh
Kavita
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This short story is sweet and loving with a very beautiful message.

The cover though depicts aptly the story, I would have loved to see a better cover.

The story is of Meera who brings her boyfriend for an approval by Dada who has been her chauffeur since childhood. Through this incidence, Meera reminisces about her childhood.

Short, sweet and heart touching story

If you love to read short stories, then do pick this up
Savita Ramsumair
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Nostalgic!!!

Whilst I grew up with living parents, I was also raised by an elder cousin and my Aaji (paternal grandmother). This book reminds me of the sacred bond I shared with both of them growing up, although they are both dead. Ruchiraji, has once again given us a masterpiece and at the same time has paid tribute to all those who help to bring up other people's kids with love. We can never repay such people.
Amreen Shaikh
May 15, 2022 rated it liked it
Through His Eyes by Ruchira Khanna

It's a very short but impressive read.
The story tells us that it's not always necessary that your wellwishers belong to you in any way, sometimes strangers play an excellent role molding you for a bright and better future.

The story shows how a driver cum caretaker has firmly and lovingly shaped the beautiful suture of his employer's daughter without uttering a single word.
Because he speaks from his eyes.

I like the overall plot and story line. This is too sho
Rohan Kusnur
rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2021
Ruchira Khanna
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ramya Appakai
May 06, 2021
OldBird
Jul 15, 2021

• Because it's you
  • Once Upon A Scandal (Il Cuore #2)
  • Sing For Me (Bollywood Bros #1)
  • Why not?
  • Once Upon a Mistake (Il Cuore #1)
  • Why am I not enough?
  • The Wager
  • Tell Me You Are Mine
  • Always there for you!
  • The Christmas Pawdcast
  • Yours To Love Yours To Take: Salim And Anita's Sanctum (Verma Clan's Sanctum Series Book 1)
  • BURN (Ruthless Billionaires)

News & Interviews