Start by marking “Beautifully Broken” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Broken

Beautifully Broken

Piper

Most people don’t think about the day they’ll die. They coast through life, blissfully unaware of how their time is ticking away. I wasn’t like most people. I welcomed death, wanted her to take me away from the prison I called life, but she refused. I tried twice only to survive. And then, when I thought I had nothing left it came.

A reason to live.

Rex was a small,
Published December 20th 2019 (first published December 5th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Beautifully Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautifully Broken

Start your review of Beautifully Broken
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Terrific story of two damaged people!

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. It is a young adult romance with quite a bit of angst. It wasn’t a steamy novel by any means. The heroine, Piper Lovelace, is a senior in high school who had a bad start in life. Her biological mother is a lifelong prostitute and an addict. Piper was sent to live in a foster home when she was about eight years old. The foster family consisted of Mama “T” and twin boys that were her age, Logan and Cooper Harris.

Piper was again
Dora Koutsoukou
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
3,5 s

Two broken souls, each one having had either emotional or traumatic experience, met in their senior year of high school and shared a beautiful connection.
Rex and Piper were each other’s saviour while their lives were dealt a bad hand.
Although it was very well written and developed, I found their HEA ending very premature.
I would like to read the stories of the secondary characters.
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•

Rex is the son of a music celebrity and has lived a privileged life. Some people may assume that money equates to happiness but it couldn’t be further from the truth. What every child needs is a parent that loves them and is there for them. Rex has never really felt that from either of his parents. If it wasn’t for his nanny he would have had very little happiness and affection growing up.

Rex is now in his final year of high school and the new guy that everyone is trying to align with.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Piper is many things but the school slut everyone labeled her as is not one of them. For years she's been teased and tormented for being her mother's daughter. She only has a few more months and then she can leave this part of her life behind... or can she?

Rex has lived his life as the son of a famous country star. Never wanting for anything except the love and acceptance of his parents, only to be dumped off with the nanny. He's never known love until he meets Piper.

Now Rex and
Karen
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fantastic high school bully type book.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Beautifully Broken by Bailey B was both an emotional and heartbreaking read as it was sweet and charming. Piper has not had an easy life and that is an understatement. She has suffered so much and does not want to live anymore. Rex is a child of a celebrity, but even so, life has not been easy for him. He may look like he has everything he could possibly want but looks can be deceiving. Though there are rampant rumors about her, she intrigues Rex. He wants to get to know her. Can she open up her ...more
Caz May
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2020
All the feels!
Aww this was a beautiful sweet ya romance that gave me all the feels. Piper has a rough childhood and recent trauma that makes her wary of others and especially wary of love. But when she meets Rex sparks fly and she finally starts to open up...but not all happy endings come easy.
My heart was torn out as I read this book...and I was on the edge of my seat until the end. There’s definitely a touch of romantic suspense to this story that keeps you turning the pages. And I loved
Dawn
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Must Read

I really enjoyed the story of Piper and Rex. Broken girl/boy fixing each other. I would have liked a little back story on Rex and how it was Piper caught his attention. What he thought of her prior to Rex saving her. You mentioned he watched her and didnt believe the rumors but we didnt get to hear that story from Rex. This story captured my attention from the beginning.
Heidi | Paper Safari Book Blog
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet love story between a traumatized girl and a boy abandoned by his family. Both broken in different ways but looking to find someone to heal them. I really appreciated the way Bailey handled Pipers trauma, not making it seem like someone could just "get over" if they find the right person. She doesn't just brush it under the rug like its something inconsequential. While this book has triggers for people who have been sexually assaulted it really deals with this topic in a more ...more
Celicia Fowlkes
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that breaks you down, brings you back up and keeps you there. There was so much manipulation happening that made it so enticing. This couple was really destined to be together even after all that had happened between them. I would not wish that journey on anyone but if it ended up exactly the way it was supposed to, with being a couple at the end, the journey was well worth it.

Pink Lilac
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

What a fantastic read...Highly recommended!!

Great storyline, strong female character and a patient yet persistent guy! I love when the downtrodden abused characters get their HEA!
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Oh, My Heart! Beautifully Broken is an amazing read! Bailey is a new author and I'm so very happy to have been given the chance to read and review this book! Beautifully Broken is an emotionally riveting read, it will consume you from start to finish! I was so engrossed, I read till two am and woke up at six to finish it because I just couldn't stop thinking about it! I loved everything about this book! It was raw and real, you just know going into this book it's going to destroy you in the best ...more
Jennifer Mullins
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-ebooks
This is the story of two broken HS Seniors who find each other. Piper and Rex are both damaged in different ways, but are able to heal together. Their relationship is sweet and I’m glad they both got a happy ever after!

Thank you to Netgalley for a free copy in exchange for an honest review!
TheBookDrama
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
#NA Romance Done Right

Rex & Piper feel real to me. Their story isn’t forced, there’s no storm of unnecessary bullshit keeping them apart for dumb reasons. Thank the lord! Instead, Beautifully Broken has a very real, very dangerous storm (that’s all I’ll say). Bailey perfectly pens the tension and uncertainty of falling in love. Rex & Piper share this wholesome, fragile, insecure love that we don’t often experience in YA/NA. And I love to see it.

Read the rest of my review @ TheBookDrama

Secretly Adorkable Readers
Oh my goodness! This is a first book from this author and I loved it more than I thought! If you are looking for a YA with emotional twists that will leave your heart breaking but have a swoon worthy love story to boot? This book is for you! I fell in love with Piper and felt her pain just like I loved Rex and felt his as well! I would love to see a book on the twins and Bane's story as well! There is a second story and cannot wait to see who it is about!
Ewa
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story is very emotional rollercoaster.
Two young adult in the senior year of high school. Two broken souls.
Very traumatic past push them together to be saviours to each other.
Recommended for all ages,but keep Kleenex handy.

Ronan
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
gorgeous read that had me on the edge of my seat. My heart hurt for Piper. I'm so glad she got her HEA
Treasa
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully BROKEN!
The name says it all. It's beautiful and filled with a broken heartfelt storyline that sent shock waves after shock wave of emotions through my bruised and battered heart throughout this amazing read that constantly had me on edge and at times so darn hard to put it down. A read not to be missed and am glad to have to have the chance to read it by taking a chance on an author I never heard of. Great work and looking forward to reading more.
Susan's Reviews
My thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This YA novel started off quite strongly - and melodramatically! In the Prologue, young Piper is shot, sacrificing her life for that of the love of her life, Rex Montgomery.

Now flash back to six weeks before this alarming incident: Piper's life was "a hot mess": she was known as the school slut because her mother was a prostitute and drug addict. When she was 8 years old, Piper was put
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Emerald book reviews

This book was a tough one. There were some truly great parts to the story. It was heart felt, beautiful, difficult to read, emotional and heartbreaking. I felt Piper's despair and the chaos of her feelings. How she felt inferior and unloved, less than everyone around her. But at times it seemed to be one perpetual monologue about how unworthy she was and it became a little stale. I understand her character was becoming numb to all the negativity in her life, the turmoil and
Cecelia Ray
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The prologue instantly sucked me in and I couldn’t get enough of this book! I found myself completely obsessed with these characters and rooting for them to find themselves and each other. This is definitely a must-read especially for anyone looking for a book with all the feels and a bit of suspense along the way!

My heart was with Piper and Rex throughout this book. They were both broken in different ways and this book was the perfect story of their path to love. Piper has been through it ALL
Canan
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again I’m going step by step. I guess I don’t know how to ease into any topic. :)

1) I love the growth of the plot and the build up in general. The presentation of the characters is also very satisfactory. The tone of the story is also very flawless.

2) I have a problem with Danika and Logan. I’m hoping I didn’t miss if it was there but I’m seriously not sure who Danika is.. while I have some ideas, it’s not a clear issue. But a good hint for any follow up stories.

3) I have a problem with how the
Canan
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve read the ARC for this book for an honest review.

Have Coffee Need Books
Piper Lovelace is a hot mess. Life is bad enough, the rumors are vicious, and the bullies are far worse. When you can't beat them, the only thing you can do is join them.

Of course, I wouldn't do that, and I don't think it's advisable to slap a scarlet letter on one's chest and claim harlot-dom, but I'm not Piper.

Bailey B.'s first book deals with a lot of trigger topics, the least of which is rape--and that is saying something. Piper's dealing with a lot of psychological trauma, and what
Ashlee Wahl
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to say that Bailey B is a new author. Because of that, I’m more than happy to be able to read and review. Being a new author is tough. You have to have thick skin to deal with the reviews of those that may hate your book. I have a lot of respect for authors that are new and put themselves out there.

Beautifully Broken is about a young girl who has dealt with a dead beat druggie as a mom. Piper is in all sense of the word, broken. She has a great foster family, who always has her
Taunya Miller
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ebook copy of Beautifully Broken in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I am not going to give too much information about this book. The reason being that you should read it for yourself.

Here's what I will tell you: Piper is from the wrong side of the tracks. Junkie mom, no money, and the school outcast. She suffers from an anxiety disorder that stems from PTSD. Rex: famous father, parents are always gone, raised by his nanny, rich, popular, but also a loner. This is a
Shantel Eddy
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was such an emotional rollercoaster. The main character Piper, I could relate to. Not being able to trust anyone. The emotions that you could feel between all of the characters felt so real. It was a slow burn romance that makes you want to get to the end of the book to figure out what happens. There are quite a few twists that you don't see coming. This book was so powerful and so beautifully written. There are trigger warnings so read this book at your own risk if you have a problem ...more
Anissa Nieves
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Piper and Rex are two broken souls that find true unconditional love within each other. But Rex for me OMGGG, he stole my heart!! What a sweetheart; if I could just hug him and tell him what a good guy he is and that although his parents are blahhhhh, he is perfect and that piper is soo lucky to have him and that everything will be okay! Phew....I just love him. With that being said, I was worry about starting this book because I read to get away from real life issues. But Am happy to say I ...more
Izzy
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book had some interesting relationships that I liked reading about- for me, especially Piper and her relationships with Cooper, Logan and Bane. Although, one of the relationships took a cliche and, I believe, unnecessary turn. On the other hand, I really didn't have much interest in the relationship between Piper and Rex. I do think they were cute, but I didn't feel that *something special* from them, and so I didn't find myself actively rooting for them. *However*, I definitely was rooting ...more
Come_read_with_me_
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

This book is filled with angst and romance. It is also full of self-discovery. It is beautifully well written you couldn't help but get sucked into the story!

Piper has had a hard life. Her mother is a prostitute and an addict, therefore Piper has been moved from foster home to foster home. As a result of one traumatic incident Piper suffers from anxiety attacks and nightmares. School life isn't any easier, as she is called the school slut.

Rex is the son of a music Celebrity. He is

• King of Shadows
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Shaking the Sleigh (Singletree #3)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Where the Little Birds Are
  • Incarnate (The Marked Saga #5)
  • Tomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1)
  • Third Eye Blind (Mystic Hallows Harem #4)
  • The Beast of the Fae Court
  • Hades Academy: Fourth Semester (Hades Academy #4)
  • Echoes Between Us
  • Commander (Commander in Briefs, #1)
  • Permission (Perversion Trilogy, #3)
  • Interpreter (Commander in Briefs #4)
  • Perversion (Perversion Trilogy, #1)
  • Can We Pretend?
  • Lucas (Preston Brothers, #1)
Bailey B is an up and coming New Adult author. She lives in Lehigh Acres Florida with her husband, twin girls, and two fur babies. She enjoys (but doesn't get to take part in because of her crazy daughters) the simple things like Disney+ binge watching, Netflix romcoms, reading and sleeping. She reads two to three books a week and thinks if narwhal's are real animals then unicorns might be too.