Start by marking “Sparky the Dragon Bus” as Want to Read:
Sparky the Dragon Bus

Sparky the Dragon Bus

Sparky isn't your typical double-decker bus. Behind the dragon aand magical paintings, she's exciting and full of funand adventures for all children.Jump aboard to find out what makes Sparky so special.A children's picture story book about a Playbus. The real bus worked in Glasgow, Scotland and helped promote inclusion and support for many children who were less mobile.
Kindle Edition
Published November 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sparky the Dragon Bus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sparky the Dragon Bus

Start your review of Sparky the Dragon Bus
Deborah J Miles
Ms Wickstead is a teacher, as well as a children's author. She understands how to motivate children to read, and produces colourful, educational and interesting short story books to engage and delight young readers.

As always, Ms Wickstead's trademark bird - in this book it's a pigeon - is placed in each two-page spread for young readers to find, and add their own words to this story.

In Sparky The Dragon Bus, we see another bus fitted out as a play-bus, only this one is specially adapted to
Rose English
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 126 of my Goodreads Challenge 2019

A beautiful story of inclusion

What an amazing story, more so the fact that Sparky the Bus is a real playbus adapted for all children to be able to join in the fun. Truly remarkable and bright beautiful illustrations.Well done to the author and illustrator.
Jennifer Gilmour
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a joy to read with my youngest. We enjoyed the illustrations and the only thing I would say is that the storyline is similar of JayJay's although getting towards the end of the book things were different and we simply loved how it ended. Seeing the photo's brought the story to life once again and we had discussions about it and talked about how Sparky was an inclusive bus.
With bright pictures and lots to pick out from the pages you can't go wrong. A heart warming read.
Natasha Murray
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heart-warming tale for young and old

Author Sue Wickstead, has done it again and produced an enchanting tale based on a true story. Sparky is another wonderful Playbus that was transformed from being just an ordinary bus, for some very special children. The illustrations in the book, are again, vibrant and cheerful and make you smile as you read. Sue has written a heart-warming story that will delight both young and old.

I was given this book for free and have been under no pressure to produce
Donna Maguire
Jane Hunt
marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2019

• Lottie Sparkles Magical Discovery
  • The Clockwork Crow (The Clockwork Crow #1)
  • Don't Worry, Hugless Douglas
  • Noah's Shark
  • Jack's Roar
  • 100 Word Horrors: An Anthology of Horror Drabbles
  • Norman the Snail: and the Climb
  • The Night Before Halloween
  • Second-Chance Sam, King of the Junkyard
  • How to Self-publish and Market a Children's Book: The key steps to self-publishing in print and as an eBook and how to get your story into young readers' hands
  • The Way of All Flesh
  • See A Dream Within: Found "Poe"try Based On The Collected Poetry Works Of Edgar Allan Poe
  • A Slice of Lennon
  • Ben's Adventures: Under the Big Top!
  • Things we like to do
  • The Little Cockroach
  • Carrie Can't Choose a Costume (Choosy Carrie Books Book 1)
  • The Mermaid